“A really good friendly hotel”

Elegance Hotels International, Marmaris
Ranked #27 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“A really good friendly hotel”
Reviewed 19 October 2011

Great staff make for a great hotel. From the moment that we were welcomed at the hotel reception to the last drinks served late in the pool bar, the staff were good fun, friendly and yet efficient. All public areas of the hotel were very well appointed and clean. Our bedroom was slightly dated but the bathroom had recently been refurbished. I would recommend the spa and the gym ( probably the best hotel gym I have ever visited). The spa prices were expensive but the Turkish bath and massage treatments were a delight. The buffet restaurant food was very good and there was a large choice at each meal but it all seemed a little predictable by the end of the week. The Hanna restaurant on the pontoon was excellent, good value and very romantic! The hotel was close to the action in Marmaris but thankfully not in the thick of it. There are some great restaurants at the Marina. If I had one criticism of the hotel at all, it would be that the evening entertainment could have been more varied and appropriate. We had a really fun but relaxing stay!

Room Tip: Rooms away from the sea front were quietest!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank md_stewart
serkanyaman, Manager at Elegance Hotels International, Marmaris, responded to this review, 29 April 2012
Dear md Steward,

Thank you very much for your kind review and rating. With your permission I would love to share it with the team.

If I ever may be of assistance in the future within Elegance Hotels International Marmaris please let me know, my email address is serkan.yaman@elegancehotels.com

I would love to welcome you back one day to Marmaris and the Elegance Hotels International.

Cordially,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Atherstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 October 2011

The hotel is very impressive as long as you don"t look at the carpets, they r filthy. The food is average and never hot just warm, I would not really call at all inclusive just full board with drinks included and they were very limited what you could have. The only extras were tea, coffee & biscuits in the afternoon, no snacks at all. Most of the staff were very nice and friendly but as with all hotels some staff had their favourite guests who they were really pally with and the rest were just in the way. We had a Turkish bath at the hotel it is a bit expensive but amazing 2 hours of real pleasure i would thoroughly recommend this one. On the whole it was a good holiday and if you can get it at the right price GO FOR IT.

Room Tip: I would ask for a sea view as our first room was on the back of the hotel and had a concrete balcony...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sandra1041932
serkanyaman, Manager at Elegance Hotels International, Marmaris, responded to this review, 17 October 2011
Dear Sandra
My name is Serkan YAMAN, I am the Operation Manager of the Elegance Hotels International at Marmaris.
Thank you for your honest opinion to the guest satisfaction system Trip Advisor. Thank you very much for your kind comments and positive rating about our Service.

In some rooms we have handicap that do not stain. And we have started to change already. Your comment helps us encourage to continue growing our program. Everyday we serve snack service at silence Pool including types of snack meals with salads.

Please let me know how I may be of assistance in your future travels to another Elegance Hotels International and hopefully one day returning to Marmaris. My email address is serkan.yaman@elegancehotels.com
Somerset, UK
Reviewed 7 October 2011

I think you can ignore some of the occasional bad reports of the Elegance as it seems that reports for the Elegant Hotel ( a 2 star in the town ) sometimes get misplaced !!! The Elegance is super, friendly staff, lovely rooms, daily cleaning, towel changes and sheets.

Food is excellent, a vast choice for breakfast, lunch and dinner, you definitely wont go hungry !! If you are looking for English Breakfasts you wont find them here, but you will find an amazing choice that should satisfy almost anyone. Close to the beach, with a separate A La Carte restaurant on a pier.

2 pools, one next to the beach and a much quieter one with better sun in the afternoon at the back of the hotel. Both pools have bars and snacks are available most of the day.

Only downside for us was the " Animation" at the front pool in the evenings which was poorly organised and seemed, to us, more suited to a different type of hotel.

If you can get sea view rooms in the main block at the front you should do so. Odd numbered rooms have better views and floors 3 and 4 are best for sea views.

Plenty of entertainment close by in either direction. Some good restaurants within 10 min walk.

35 minute walk down to the Marina where we can recommend the Devilla Restaurant - Excellent food and ambience.

If you are using a hire car try having lunch in Dalyan at the La Vie, really good.

We did 2 boat trips.

Orca to Dalyan. Big boat but well organised, good food and excellent value for money. £ 13 gets you a sun lounger on the boat, a couple of swim stops, an excellent lunch, visit to turtle beach, separate but included small boat trip up the river past Dalyan and to the mudbaths ( also included )

Then a smaller boat for a days sunbathing and swimming. We did the Romeo which was £10 all inclusive for the day !!! Its a bit crowded if its full but so are most of the boats. Perfectly eatable lunch, 4 swim stops and a visit to Turunc.

If you are hiring a car it will almost certainly be delivered to you almost empty of fuel. Don't worry, there's a petrol station just a mile from the Airport. Fuel cost is similar to UK. Probably best to stick with someone like Holiday Autos as, although they use local suppliers, it does give you and extra level of backup.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms in the main block overlooking the Chrysanthemum pool. Odd numbers on the 3rd and 4th...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank routem
serkanyaman, Manager at Elegance Hotels International, Marmaris, responded to this review, 9 October 2011
Dear Routem;

Thank you very much for your honest comments and rating on the guest satisfaction system of Trip Advisor. It is very nice to see that you took the time to write something for other travellers.

If I may be of assistance in the future please let me know at any time. My email address is serkan.yaman@elegancehotels.com

Yours cordially,

Serkan YAMAN
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 October 2011

Had a fab time, Staff friendly and helpful (the ones that could speak english). Room a bit dated but didn't worry as didn't spend to much time in it.
Food not 5* but still good. I felt the spa was a little on the expensive side but once you had the Turkish bath or massage then i felt it was worth it.
Close to everything you needed e.g resturants and shops. Flat for those who found it difficalt to walk far.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Hayley B
serkanyaman, Manager at Elegance Hotels International, Marmaris, responded to this review, 7 October 2011
Dear Hayley,

Thank you very much for your kind review and rating. With your permission I would love to share it with the team and specially with the Kitchen employees.

If I ever may be of assistance in the future within Elegance Hotels International please let me know, my email address is serkan.yaman@elegancehotels.com

Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 October 2011

First the positives. Turkish holiday No2 for us in Marvelous Marmaris. Our first holiday staying at the all inclusive Five Star International Elegence Hotel two weeks all inclusive .So expectations are high. The Hotel has a location,adjacent to the beach, private jetty, luxurious futons to sun your self on, dive into the sea to cool of wonderful!.Also two good sized pools and plenty of sunbeds.The hotel had a high standard of cleanliness.24/7 the managment toured the hotel,checking on everything.The rooms were adequate,very efficient maid service,we found the beds very comfortable,bit surprised though about having a carpet on the floor instead of tiles.Well worth it to pay extra for sea view, best to request 4th floor as lower floors view restricted by palm trees.We always like a balconey that gets the sun and has a nice view. If you don't want to pay extra good idea to request side sea view/pool view. If you leave it to pot luck there were some rooms that looked onto the street at the front of the hotel with poor outlook.All the staff were exceptional, a special mention to the waiters in the dining room and the pool bar staff all very hard workers who, always had a smile and humourous antic to share with yo no matter how tired they were.even at the end of a long day.Good varied entertainment most nights.

Hotel Elegance:Now for the negatives. The hotel is rated 5 star. We realise now this is a Turkish rating. Most of our recent prior holidays have been half board in Spanish four star rated hotels,so using this as a benchmark we can only rate the Hotel Elegance as a 3 star..There is an a la carte resturant on the jetty at night,and another on the rooftop, but you must pay to use them. The hotel has only one main buffet style resturant which is indoors so no chance of dining al fresco on this hol:( The food was a huge disapointment.The majority of the hotel guests were Turkish and from Jordan,Palestine,and Lebanon this was reflected in the menu and the absence of any pork dishes.Cold brussel sprouts for breakfast! no not for us thankyou, the sprouts even had there own dedicated chef! in attendance..There was quite a choice of food on offer, but not food as we know it. The breakfast menu for those of a gastronimic genteel disposition was very limited a, choice of cereals, an ommelette or,a four minute, or a 6 minute boiled egg and that was your lot!,.The butter tasted awful (well we think it was butter) it consisted of little knobs in a large glass bowl mixed with half melted ice cubes. Evening meal time again not much to tempt us.You can only eat so many kebabs before your sick looking at them.Interesting taste the Turkish meatballs they are square!Fascinating plastic decorative carved melon sculptures. Okay know we were in Turkey,yes we also know its a muslim coluntry.and yes we do know our next hoiday in Turkeywill definitely be self catering. We did expect the food to be different but sorry folks with the hotel being a 5 star "International hotel " we had expected the menu to cater for(as we have previously experienced in four star hotels) more food choice for international tastes. The food was luke warm and no microwave provided,had a high grease content,and most of the offerings from the" dessert" buffet,were saturated in honey.Finaly when ice cream was on the menu a chef in full uniform would serve it to you in tiny dishes as if he was offering you something very precious.Better not be late for mealtime for when it was the alloted time to close the buffet ,everything was cleared away in double quick time onto trolleys and rushed away at lightning speed, was a laugh to see late diners chasing after trolleys in an atempt to retrieve some thing to eat.At 10.30 each morning the animation crew fired up the sound system.We enjoy all kinds of music, but the music was mostly extremely repetitive loud house music which boomed out relentlessly all day from the many speakers round the pool and the jetty,there was no escape!.OK if this was a club 18/30 hol,but it was totaly out of sync with the majority of the hotel clientile.

Nearly finished:) Lastly the all inclusive drinks.Now we are quite fond of a drink or two, especialy on holiday and since we were all inclusive we were of a mind to fill our boots some evenings and get merry.Alas this was not to be, sorry to say our livers are healthier than ever!.Only local Turkish spirits on offer,we tried them all and eventualy from the best of a bad alcoholic drink choice settled on what was the local equivilant of vodka.If you drowned it in enough cola it was drinkable.We were suffering from withdrawal sypmtoms of a decent tasting drink, so we did push the boat out one night and treated ourselves to two Famous Grouse whiskies which cost 32 turkish lira! (about £5.5O each) so needless to say it was a one of treat.All international spirits and alcoholic cocktails were a chargable extra and expensive to buy.One redeeming factors the Efes lager mmm! delicious.

Well thats it, to sum up, in our opinion The International Hotel Elegance: Five star staff . Three star indoors buffet resturant. Three star chefs,menu,and food presentation.Three star alcoholic drinks(except for the tasty Efes lager) .

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank david p
Dear David,
Thank you very much for your kind rating and comments to the Trip Advisor
I can not deny that it hurts... I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. On behalf of the entire team please accept my sinceren apologies.
Dear David, we always strive to offer value. Would it be possible for me to reach you over the phone to apologize in person? I would love to regain your trust in Elegance Hotels International. My email address is serkan.yaman@elegancehotels.com
Respectfully,
Bursa, Turkey
Reviewed 16 September 2011

The hotel was clean, tidy, employees were extremely nice, and I completely liked the hotel and my staying there... The hotel was enough crowded but the hotel is designed so well that you don't feel the crowd at all!!! The only problem was that (which is not a real problem); the standard rooms are quite small; especially the guardrobes were not enough at all... but anyway, if you're planning to go to Marmaris and the hotel's prices are inbw ur budget, I suggest u that hotel...

Room Tip: Choose a king suit room for staying in 2 :)... but not a king suit for a family as because the third...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank OzlemKS
Dear Ozlem, Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our Hotel for other travelers. My name is Serkan YAMAN and I am the Operation Manager of the Hotel. With your permission I would like to share your comments with the rest of the team, in particular to show them the importance to always be able to...
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 12 September 2011

One of the hotels we stayed in for 3 nights.While having troubles finding hotel in that area without pre-booking,elegance was one of just a couple available and very affordable .
The hotel is a good 4* but not good enough for a 5* with the old rooms,fully booked even in off season and big choice but not really a good quality of food in the restaurant.
Loved the bar on the highest floor ,romantic atmosphere with not so loud as downstairs music.Awesome views of the night city lights and stars above your head,while sipping (overpriced) wine.
Had fun on a boat which you can rent on the beach,with or without driver.We rented the smallest boat for 150 liras per hour and took off on a little trip,they don`t appreciate you going far away from their view.
Spa salon in the hotel was also pricey but no good,i will not recommend visiting it.
Beach was okay but the sunbeds are so close next to each other,most people tried to get a nice sport on the pierce with it`s soft pillows and steps into deep enough for a jump water.
Animation was standard for a turkish hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PurdyRussian
Dear Purdy Russian,

If I ever may be of assistance in the future within Elegance Hotels Intrenational please let me know, my email address is serkan.yaman@elegancehotels.com

Serkan