“5* location 3*+room 3* food.most staff unhelpful room cleaning not brill.”

Elegance Hotels International, Marmaris
Ranked #29 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed 23 October 2011

I stayed in a basic room.Our room was of a very good size nice sofa and chair as well as our bed and a cot.The first and worst thing that hit us when we entered the room was the smell of smoke. Being non smokers this was very unpleasant. The bathroom was compact with a small bath and shower. Exellent glass shower screen no tacky curtain here. Bath room clean on arrival but apart from clean towels our cleaner never cleaned it once. I had to do this myself. The room had a carpet that was a nice touch and fab for our grandsons knees. Floor in the bathroom is tiled and heated.
Food is not brilliant.For me breakfast was the best. Soup most days was good and as the weather was wet and cold most of the week it was nice to have soup for lunch. Salad was a real let down. Deserts were always plentiful and quite good. Believe me though don't go to dinner after 9.As they start to clear food away before the end of the allocated time given. They start clearing food away at 9.10. meal times did not cater for families with young children. 7 o clock is too late for young children.Our grandson had to eat all his evening meals in a push chair in our room. Then he had to sit in the restraunt while we had ours. It would have been nice to have eaten altogether.
The location for the hotel is fab. right on the beach with a great jetty which is covered in comfy mattresses and massive cushions to chill out on. The hotel also has 3 pools. 2 are located in a fab sun trap. This is where the pool bar/food is served.
The spa is really nice. Unfortunetlly it is very exspensive. How ever my daughter and her friends were able to get good deals on their Turkish bath treatment for 40 lira they had a Turkish bath a mud treatment and a hour long full body massage. Don't pay any more than this as some guests I spoke to paid 85 lira.
I speak as I find and the staff were not very helpful.I often got ignored at the bar and found myself having to ask several times for drinks. There was no night time entertainment while we were there. It also rained 5 out of our 7 days and the hotel had nothing to offer for us in the rain. We could not even take our grandson in the play area when it was not raining ad no attempt to dry the toys or the area was made. It was taped off and left that way even when it wasn't raining. They need in door facility for small kids as even if it doesn't rain you still need to get your kids out the sun. There was nothing for them at all.
As fore all inclusive no. You can not ice cream or iced coffee. This is extra. I don't understand why you have to pay for soft drinks out your room fridge but you can get them from the bar on A/I. I have seen people moan on here that you only get 2 bottles of water a day free. True you only get 2 left in your room but you can have as many as you want from the bar and take them to your room.
I think a fare star rating for this hotel is 3* it's only the spa and beach location that would push it to 4* but this is certainly not 5*
would I say value for money. Certainly not. We paid far to much for this hotel and to be honest when I return to Marmaris it will be on a self catering basis as food is to cheap and super markets are so good. Shopping here is good fun.

• Stayed: October 2011
7  Thank Pawsawvaw
serkanyaman, Manager at Elegance Hotels International, Marmaris, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2012

Dear Pawsowvaw,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our Hotel for other travelers. My name is Serkan YAMAN and I am the Operation Manager of the Hotel. I try to give answer your comment. For smoking problem we have already leave to the all room No Smokng warning sign. At the same time all room maid control the room skomed or not. All sheets and towels are changed everyday by the Housekeeping Department. If necessary twice a day. Our Bougainville Restaurant open at 19 00 - 21 30 pm every summer evening and we serve with open buffet many variants of meal including diabetic, child menu etc. Entertainment: all night we have animation show not only with our animation team but also show team from outside and before show you can listen live music.

If I ever may be of assistance in the future within Elegance Hotels International Marmaris please let me know, my email address is serkan.yaman@elegancehotels.com

I would love to welcome you back one day to Marmaris and the Elegance Hotels International.

Reviewed 19 October 2011

Great staff make for a great hotel. From the moment that we were welcomed at the hotel reception to the last drinks served late in the pool bar, the staff were good fun, friendly and yet efficient. All public areas of the hotel were very well appointed and clean. Our bedroom was slightly dated but the bathroom had recently been refurbished. I would recommend the spa and the gym ( probably the best hotel gym I have ever visited). The spa prices were expensive but the Turkish bath and massage treatments were a delight. The buffet restaurant food was very good and there was a large choice at each meal but it all seemed a little predictable by the end of the week. The Hanna restaurant on the pontoon was excellent, good value and very romantic! The hotel was close to the action in Marmaris but thankfully not in the thick of it. There are some great restaurants at the Marina. If I had one criticism of the hotel at all, it would be that the evening entertainment could have been more varied and appropriate. We had a really fun but relaxing stay!

Room Tip: Rooms away from the sea front were quietest!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank md_stewart
serkanyaman, Manager at Elegance Hotels International, Marmaris, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2012

Dear md Steward,

Thank you very much for your kind review and rating. With your permission I would love to share it with the team.

Reviewed 14 October 2011

The hotel is very impressive as long as you don"t look at the carpets, they r filthy. The food is average and never hot just warm, I would not really call at all inclusive just full board with drinks included and they were very limited what you could have. The only extras were tea, coffee & biscuits in the afternoon, no snacks at all. Most of the staff were very nice and friendly but as with all hotels some staff had their favourite guests who they were really pally with and the rest were just in the way. We had a Turkish bath at the hotel it is a bit expensive but amazing 2 hours of real pleasure i would thoroughly recommend this one. On the whole it was a good holiday and if you can get it at the right price GO FOR IT.

Room Tip: I would ask for a sea view as our first room was on the back of the hotel and had a concrete balcony...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sandra1041932
serkanyaman, Manager at Elegance Hotels International, Marmaris, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2011

Dear Sandra
My name is Serkan YAMAN, I am the Operation Manager of the Elegance Hotels International at Marmaris.
Thank you for your honest opinion to the guest satisfaction system Trip Advisor. Thank you very much for your kind comments and positive rating about our Service.

In some rooms we have handicap that do not stain. And we have started to change already. Your comment helps us encourage to continue growing our program. Everyday we serve snack service at silence Pool including types of snack meals with salads.

Please let me know how I may be of assistance in your future travels to another Elegance Hotels International and hopefully one day returning to Marmaris. My email address is serkan.yaman@elegancehotels.com

Reviewed 7 October 2011

I think you can ignore some of the occasional bad reports of the Elegance as it seems that reports for the Elegant Hotel ( a 2 star in the town ) sometimes get misplaced !!! The Elegance is super, friendly staff, lovely rooms, daily cleaning, towel changes and sheets.

Food is excellent, a vast choice for breakfast, lunch and dinner, you definitely wont go hungry !! If you are looking for English Breakfasts you wont find them here, but you will find an amazing choice that should satisfy almost anyone. Close to the beach, with a separate A La Carte restaurant on a pier.

2 pools, one next to the beach and a much quieter one with better sun in the afternoon at the back of the hotel. Both pools have bars and snacks are available most of the day.

Only downside for us was the " Animation" at the front pool in the evenings which was poorly organised and seemed, to us, more suited to a different type of hotel.

If you can get sea view rooms in the main block at the front you should do so. Odd numbered rooms have better views and floors 3 and 4 are best for sea views.

Plenty of entertainment close by in either direction. Some good restaurants within 10 min walk.

35 minute walk down to the Marina where we can recommend the Devilla Restaurant - Excellent food and ambience.

If you are using a hire car try having lunch in Dalyan at the La Vie, really good.

We did 2 boat trips.

Orca to Dalyan. Big boat but well organised, good food and excellent value for money. £ 13 gets you a sun lounger on the boat, a couple of swim stops, an excellent lunch, visit to turtle beach, separate but included small boat trip up the river past Dalyan and to the mudbaths ( also included )

Then a smaller boat for a days sunbathing and swimming. We did the Romeo which was £10 all inclusive for the day !!! Its a bit crowded if its full but so are most of the boats. Perfectly eatable lunch, 4 swim stops and a visit to Turunc.

If you are hiring a car it will almost certainly be delivered to you almost empty of fuel. Don't worry, there's a petrol station just a mile from the Airport. Fuel cost is similar to UK. Probably best to stick with someone like Holiday Autos as, although they use local suppliers, it does give you and extra level of backup.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms in the main block overlooking the Chrysanthemum pool. Odd numbers on the 3rd and 4th...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank routem
serkanyaman, Manager at Elegance Hotels International, Marmaris, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2011

Dear Routem;

Thank you very much for your honest comments and rating on the guest satisfaction system of Trip Advisor. It is very nice to see that you took the time to write something for other travellers.

If I may be of assistance in the future please let me know at any time. My email address is serkan.yaman@elegancehotels.com

Yours cordially,

Serkan YAMAN

Reviewed 3 October 2011

Had a fab time, Staff friendly and helpful (the ones that could speak english). Room a bit dated but didn't worry as didn't spend to much time in it.
Food not 5* but still good. I felt the spa was a little on the expensive side but once you had the Turkish bath or massage then i felt it was worth it.
Close to everything you needed e.g resturants and shops. Flat for those who found it difficalt to walk far.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Hayley B
serkanyaman, Manager at Elegance Hotels International, Marmaris, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2011

Dear Hayley,

Thank you very much for your kind review and rating. With your permission I would love to share it with the team and specially with the Kitchen employees.

If I ever may be of assistance in the future within Elegance Hotels International please let me know, my email address is serkan.yaman@elegancehotels.com

Reviewed 1 October 2011

First the positives. Turkish holiday No2 for us in Marvelous Marmaris. Our first holiday staying at the all inclusive Five Star International Elegence Hotel two weeks all inclusive .So expectations are high. The Hotel has a location,adjacent to the beach, private jetty, luxurious futons to sun your self on, dive into the sea to cool of wonderful!.Also two good sized pools and plenty of sunbeds.The hotel had a high standard of cleanliness.24/7 the managment toured the hotel,checking on everything.The rooms were adequate,very efficient maid service,we found the beds very comfortable,bit surprised though about having a carpet on the floor instead of tiles.Well worth it to pay extra for sea view, best to request 4th floor as lower floors view restricted by palm trees.We always like a balconey that gets the sun and has a nice view. If you don't want to pay extra good idea to request side sea view/pool view. If you leave it to pot luck there were some rooms that looked onto the street at the front of the hotel with poor outlook.All the staff were exceptional, a special mention to the waiters in the dining room and the pool bar staff all very hard workers who, always had a smile and humourous antic to share with yo no matter how tired they were.even at the end of a long day.Good varied entertainment most nights.

Hotel Elegance:Now for the negatives. The hotel is rated 5 star. We realise now this is a Turkish rating. Most of our recent prior holidays have been half board in Spanish four star rated hotels,so using this as a benchmark we can only rate the Hotel Elegance as a 3 star..There is an a la carte resturant on the jetty at night,and another on the rooftop, but you must pay to use them. The hotel has only one main buffet style resturant which is indoors so no chance of dining al fresco on this hol:( The food was a huge disapointment.The majority of the hotel guests were Turkish and from Jordan,Palestine,and Lebanon this was reflected in the menu and the absence of any pork dishes.Cold brussel sprouts for breakfast! no not for us thankyou, the sprouts even had there own dedicated chef! in attendance..There was quite a choice of food on offer, but not food as we know it. The breakfast menu for those of a gastronimic genteel disposition was very limited a, choice of cereals, an ommelette or,a four minute, or a 6 minute boiled egg and that was your lot!,.The butter tasted awful (well we think it was butter) it consisted of little knobs in a large glass bowl mixed with half melted ice cubes. Evening meal time again not much to tempt us.You can only eat so many kebabs before your sick looking at them.Interesting taste the Turkish meatballs they are square!Fascinating plastic decorative carved melon sculptures. Okay know we were in Turkey,yes we also know its a muslim coluntry.and yes we do know our next hoiday in Turkeywill definitely be self catering. We did expect the food to be different but sorry folks with the hotel being a 5 star "International hotel " we had expected the menu to cater for(as we have previously experienced in four star hotels) more food choice for international tastes. The food was luke warm and no microwave provided,had a high grease content,and most of the offerings from the" dessert" buffet,were saturated in honey.Finaly when ice cream was on the menu a chef in full uniform would serve it to you in tiny dishes as if he was offering you something very precious.Better not be late for mealtime for when it was the alloted time to close the buffet ,everything was cleared away in double quick time onto trolleys and rushed away at lightning speed, was a laugh to see late diners chasing after trolleys in an atempt to retrieve some thing to eat.At 10.30 each morning the animation crew fired up the sound system.We enjoy all kinds of music, but the music was mostly extremely repetitive loud house music which boomed out relentlessly all day from the many speakers round the pool and the jetty,there was no escape!.OK if this was a club 18/30 hol,but it was totaly out of sync with the majority of the hotel clientile.

Nearly finished:) Lastly the all inclusive drinks.Now we are quite fond of a drink or two, especialy on holiday and since we were all inclusive we were of a mind to fill our boots some evenings and get merry.Alas this was not to be, sorry to say our livers are healthier than ever!.Only local Turkish spirits on offer,we tried them all and eventualy from the best of a bad alcoholic drink choice settled on what was the local equivilant of vodka.If you drowned it in enough cola it was drinkable.We were suffering from withdrawal sypmtoms of a decent tasting drink, so we did push the boat out one night and treated ourselves to two Famous Grouse whiskies which cost 32 turkish lira! (about £5.5O each) so needless to say it was a one of treat.All international spirits and alcoholic cocktails were a chargable extra and expensive to buy.One redeeming factors the Efes lager mmm! delicious.

Well thats it, to sum up, in our opinion The International Hotel Elegance: Five star staff . Three star indoors buffet resturant. Three star chefs,menu,and food presentation.Three star alcoholic drinks(except for the tasty Efes lager) .

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank david p

Dear David,
Thank you very much for your kind rating and comments to the Trip Advisor
I can not deny that it hurts... I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. On behalf of the entire team please accept my sinceren apologies.
Dear David, we always strive to offer value. Would it be possible for me to reach you over the phone to apologize in person? I would love to regain your trust in Elegance Hotels International. My email address is serkan.yaman@elegancehotels.com
Respectfully,

Reviewed 16 September 2011

The hotel was clean, tidy, employees were extremely nice, and I completely liked the hotel and my staying there... The hotel was enough crowded but the hotel is designed so well that you don't feel the crowd at all!!! The only problem was that (which is not a real problem); the standard rooms are quite small; especially the guardrobes were not enough at all... but anyway, if you're planning to go to Marmaris and the hotel's prices are inbw ur budget, I suggest u that hotel...

Room Tip: Choose a king suit room for staying in 2 :)... but not a king suit for a family as because the third...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank OzlemKS

Dear Ozlem, Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our Hotel for other travelers. My name is Serkan YAMAN and I am the Operation Manager of the Hotel. With your permission I would like to share your comments with the rest of the team, in particular to show them the importance to always be able to...