“Great hotel!! Lovely holiday :0)” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Elegance Hotels International, Marmaris

Elegance Hotels International, Marmaris
Ranked #27 of 233 Hotels in Marmaris
Hitchin, United Kingdom
“Great hotel!! Lovely holiday :0)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2012

When I looked at previous reviews I was a little worried as me and my partner wasn't meant to be staying here originally

We arrived at Dalaman airport around 9:30pm on the 21st october. we didn't realise you had to pay £10 per person to get into turkey so be aware and they like £10 notes!! after going through the passport bit, we walked outside and if you have a transfer booked you can't miss all the stands... Got into our mini bus and we were off! Took 1.5 hours to get there after a rather speedy journey lol was funny tho

The minute we stepped out I was happy ....the hotel looked lovely and a nice man was waiting to take our bags and took us to reception... Checked in quickly and was given information on eating times and towel cards wich you hand in daily and return when finished with then. We were then taken to our room!

Now... The rooms!! They were lovely to be quite honest with you, yes they have flowery curtains and carpets but you can't put a room down because the decor is not to your personal taste as a lot reviews i read did and let's be honest you only sleep and maybe have a little chill time in the day and the beds are lovely and comfortable. The shower was really good also! The air con was a bit tricky to sort out and if I was there in hotter months I would have asked how to work it but it was just easy to sleep with balcony door open. There's a mini bar but you only get two free bottles of water a day, the other stuff you pay for.

The first night was their was really bad storms, really loud and boomy!!

The food.... Was delicious if not slightly weird on occasions but I like weird haha! Breakfast was usually cereals, fresh fruit, yogurts and various jams or honey and a cooked bit... Beans, potatoes, eggs, weird sausage things and cooked meats. There is also the fresh cooked bar where you had omelettes and pancakes being made! Lots of bread and juices and tea/coffee. The juice is squash not fresh juice as we have in England. Lunch and dinner were usually pizza, chips, meat skewers, masses of salad, rice, meat in sauces, cheese pastries and puddings! You can help yourself to fanta,coke,sprite and wine or beer over lunch and dinner also.

There's not a massive amount of option drinks wise....as I said there is fanta, coke, sprite and diet coke. There's red and white wine and rose! The beer is nice! Spirits wise there's vodka, gin, rum and I think whiskey! I mostly drank vodka and pineapple juice but did ask for a cocktail a lot where they just mix a load of stuff together! Strong but nice! There are lots of named imported brands you know on display but u have to pay for those and any fancy cocktails too.

You get use of the spa... There's a jacuzzi, steam room and sauna.. The jacuzzi wasn't very powerful but nice and warm

There's 2 pools and a beautiful jetty going out into the sea with comfy beds and giant cushions to relax on... We didn't go in the pool due to the time of year but we went into the sea quite a bit wich was lovely. Due to us literally making the season by a week the entertainment had stopped apart from the nice piano man who is very kind and played twinkle twinkle little star for the little ones! On our last day they were also packing up the jetty beds and cusions.

There is a lovely bar next door called faros where we got our xfactor fix and they wrap you up in blankets if your feeling chilly! The wine was lovely there

We ventured into marmaris harbour wich was nice... Takes around 25 mins to walk there but to be honest if your wanting to shop the shops, behind the hotel on the main road are much much cheaper! We met a lovely family at the hotel and went into bar street in the harbour for a couple of cheeky cocktails which was brilliant as you get given free drinks just to go in somewhere. Started raining whilst we were out so got a taxi back wich cost 20 lira ... So quite good.

There were a couple of jiggly bits during the holiday but nothing to much... Sometimes the staff seemed a bit moody on the bars but it didn't bother me too much as I got my drink and carried on...it was sometimes the fact that there was no one at all wich annoyed some people but we just went and asked and someone soon came. the pool bar was shut on 3 occasions but the weather was pretty miserable so that made sense....that's really it...and didn't take away from the fact I had an amazing holiday and made new friends I love to bits. Everyone who stayed here was really friendly.

If you expect a 5 star hotel the way it would be in England or Spain for example then I would simmer your expectations down to a 4 for this one as in turkey it really is a 5 compared to other hotels but to what English folk know as a 5 star hotel it's just not really that... Lovely all the same tho..really good.

Overal in the week we stayed we had 3 lovely hot full days, 2 warm and cloudy and 2 rather rainy

I would recommend this hotel above all others I saw in marmaris...it really was lovely! I'm hoping to go back next year :0)

Hope this review has helped

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
12 Thank Gemma C
Serkan Y, Manager at Elegance Hotels International, Marmaris, responded to this review, 12 November 2012
Dear Gemma C,
Hello Again. Thank you very much for your kindness, for taking the time to write again in Trip Advisor about us. You shared many details of Marmaris and this area. Thank you to much for this lovely information.

You know how to contact me but here I write my email address for anything I may ever be of help
Yours Cordially,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
izmir
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2012

I stayed at the Elegance hotel during my business trip form 1-6 Nov, 2012. The rooms were very clean. The food was good. Hotel has a a really good fitness salon. The staff was GREAT! Everyone, at the reception, the restaurants, the lobby bar, the technicians, the housekeeping. Everybody was very friendly and responded to my needs immediately. the only thing that i didn't like is the fact that they didn't have wireless internet in the rooms. I had to work in the hotel lobby to get on the internet. But they told me that that is being fixed and that they will have wireless in the rooms very soon.

I recommend this hotel to all people who need to visit Marmaris for any reason. I am pretty sure that the hotel is the same in summer time. It is located right on the beach. It is close to the bazaar and bar street. You can walk from the hotel to the marina in 20 minutes, along the beach. it's a great way to exercise.

Great service, great hotel!

Room Tip: the standard rooms are a bit small, not recommend for couples with children.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank nurcan a
Dear nurcan a,
My name is Serkan YAMAN, I am the Operation Manager of the Elegance Hotels International at Marmaris.
As the mentioned that Internet will be fixed as soon as possible in this December.
serkan.yaman@elegancehotels.com

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2012

We recently spent a midweek break at the elegance hotel, Marmaris with a couple of friends and we could not be more pleased. The rooms were beautiful and clean and very roomy. The food was nice and varied with great deserts.The beach area was nice and private and the board walk area was excellent for getting the late sun. The pool area was very nice to sit around in the evening although the in house intertainment was unfortunately finished for the season.Could find very little to fault in the hotel and we would definitely love to go back again.
Patrick and Gemma R.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Patrick809
Serkan Y, Manager at Elegance Hotels International, Marmaris, responded to this review, 16 November 2012
Dear Patrick809 and Gemma R,

Thank you very much for your kind comments and positive rating about our Service. We are also convinced of the importance of the value to our guests.
If I may be of assistance in the future please let me know at any time. My email address is serkan.yaman@elegancehotels.com

Bray, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

Enjoyed a short break of 3 nights stay with my husband and one other couple.on 17th 18th and 19th of Oct. On entering hotel it is very attractive and clean. Reception staff are very friendly and efficient and porter very helpfull with luggage and advice on parking . Our rooms were situated to the front of the hotel which suited us as it was quiet and had small balcony . Our room was very clean and comfortable and in good condition . I found the mattress extremely hard. We had daily room service .
Diningroom staff could be friendlier . There was a very good variety of food and desserts were beautifully presented . . One of our party needed a gluten free choice which was not provided even after card -written in Turkish-was discussed with catering staff. Table settings hit and miss--spent time looking for cutlery while food getting cold . Coffee machine frequently out of order.
Garden and pool areas kept very well and sunbeds on extended boardwalk very comfortable. Less speakers would have been appreciated as music very loud at beach and at pool in the evening .
Maybe not quite 5 star but enjoyed our stay .

Room Tip: Front of Hotel quiet !
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank GemmaCo_
Dear GemmaCo_
My name is Serkan YAMAN, Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our Hotel for other travelers. I am the Operation Manager of the Elegance Hotels International at Marmaris.

I will organize about pool music on October.If I ever may be of assistance in the future within Elegance Hotels Marmaris please let me know, my email address is serkan.yaman@elegancehotels.com

I would love to welcome you back one day to Marmaris and the Elegance Hotels International.

Cordially,
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

well positioned hotel, with good accommodation and food. The holiday was all inclusive, for which we got good value for money. While I stayed at the hotel my mother was taken ill,and taken to hospital for.a week. The hotel staff could not have been more helpful and supportive, even keeping her room availability open and allowing me to remain resident, renewable on a daily basis. The resident nurse in the hotel was also excellent.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the refurbished rooms, as the non refurbished look a little tired, despite being well...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Christopher B
Serkan Y, Manager at Elegance Hotels International, Marmaris, responded to this review, 6 November 2012
Dear Christopher B,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our Hotel for other travelers. My name is Serkan YAMAN and I am the Operation Manager of the Hotel.

As ı remeber you had more rooms and we keep for you and your family c/out day till 16.00 o'clock when we were fully booked.
We wish your mother healty days and If I may be of assistance in the future please let me know at any time. My email address is serkan.yaman@elegancehotel.com

Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

We stayed at the Elegance for 5 nights (29.10.12 - 3.11.12). The hotel was extremely clean, hotel staff very helpful - however, we didn't realise that it was the end of the season so many of the facilities offered by its inclusive deal were not available. The Pool bar closed, the self service restaurant was moved to the A La Carte restaurant so there was no choice of restaurants, no evening entertainment was offered - so we were a little disappointed by this. Our room was extremely comfortable, well decorated and spacious for the four of us. The food choices were very limited but for 5 nights we managed to enjoy the food that was offered. I would definitely recommend using the Spa - we had a Cleopatra treatment with our 2 girls (aged 7 and 9) joining us and instead of being covered in mud they were covered in chocolate, lots of photos and memories! It was our first trip to Turkey and I would definitely return.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank AliTD_12
Dear AliTD_12

Thank you very much for your kind rating and comments to the Trip Advisor. It is very nice to see that you took the time to write something for other travellers.

From 01.11 we move Orchide Restaurant which is more comfortable for winter season. We have already sunbeds and umbrelas on the the beach durıng the winter.

Bromley, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2012

Returned on the 22nd October and very disappointed . The room was very basic, carpet faded and grubby, room small although we were moved to a bigger room but still basic and grubby.
Food varied but only the show cooking was hot, microwave is definitely needed. The tables had paper place mats and never tablecloths which would be expected in a 5star hotel!
Music played by the beach bar was loud and played to suit the staff, sometimes they would turn it down and change it but it was done reluctantly.
We completed the guest comments form half-way through the holiday to see if there was a response from the hotel ,but received none, and did check with reception that the form had been sent to the operations manager.
The only entertainment was the pianist in the lounge,who was good, and often the bar was not staffed all the time because you had to ask the coffee bar staff to come and serve.
We would not like to stay when the hotel is full as there would not be enough outside space for sunbathing.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Michael H
Serkan Y, Manager at Elegance Hotels International, Marmaris, responded to this review, 2 November 2012
Dear Michael H,

Thank you very much for your kind review. We are so sorry that about your rating.
Our main restaurant renovated on May 2012. All food has been controled by the cooker. Standart heat is for buffet is min 60 degress for serve more foods. We dont need with this condition to use any microwave.
I had your complaint about beach bar music and SPA music and after ı try to contact with you with messages but ı had not any response from you. We are sorry that we must think our guest who want to enjoy with music at beach bar. Beach bar consept is with music cause we already have a Silence pool for relaxing and offer the guest who want to reading book. In Life SPA & Wellness relaxing saloon the speaker was damaged that why you complaint about it and ı fixed quickly.

Cordially,