“Shorona (Shakira)”

Club Ako Apartments
Ranked #45 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed 15 September 2013

It was my first holiday to Turkey and I was dubious but my goodness what a great holiday I had. The appartments are basic but very clean When we arrived staff were very helpful and made me feel very welcome. The bar staff were very friendly and lots of fun. The Turkish evenings were great. There was lots to do and I never got bored. Well done club Ako for making my holiday.

Room Tip: The south side have a better view
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 14 September 2013

Just back from staying at Club Ako apartments for the 3rd time to date...already missing it & all the staff & we can't wait to go back next year.! Big huge thank-you to Mehmet for going above and beyond as always making us feel so welcome and going out of his way to accommodate our ever need, as nothing was never too much trouble. Treated like family, as we class them like family.! Not forgetting Jez, Frankie, and all the other boys for making our holiday so special. Thanks so much guys. Can't wait to see you all next year :)
Danny & Lisa-Marie xx

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Danny S
Reviewed 7 September 2013

club ako is the best I have stayed in near shops an d bar streets and buses room spotless and food hear is great plus sheff knows how to make protter Yorkshire puddings they real do make you feel welcome from start to finish the bar staff are great plenty to do and the owners and there children are brill wish I could have stayed there for good didn't want to leave this place made so many friends realy miss the children thanks for a brill time everyone at club ako carnt wait to come back see you all soon love melanie

Room Tip: all rooms rooms are good
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank mel187067
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Club Ako is not the best looking hotel you will ever book but the friendship there you cannot buy.
There is nothing that is too much trouble and the staff there will become your second family
Enjoy the thought of having years of visits to this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I have just come back from a week at this hotel with my parent. At first I was a bit dubious hen I looked at the bad reviews (the few they have). When we arrived at around 2am we were greeted outside the hotel grounds by the staff who carried in our cases and showed us to our room. Breakfast was brilliant. Marmaris marina was very close. Overall amazing!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jodie S
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

I have just come back from our first time at Club Ako and it was fantastic. Ako is one of the cheaper self-catering apartments in Marmaris and it offers great value for money.
The apartments are a 5 minute walk from the centre of Marmaris where you can catch a dolmus (minibus) to get to the beach, nearby towns and also the main coach station. The dolmus costs around 2 lira, which is great value. They also run very regularly. The Marina, Bar Street and closest end of the beach are all about a 10-15 minute walk from the apartments. There are also plenty of supermarkets within walking distance. There is a little shop just around the corner too which is very handy.
Our room was spacious and the cleaner visited every day to empty the bins. Towels and bed linen were changed every 3-4 days or so which was adequate. The cleaner herself is absolutely lovely and she works really hard.
The pool area is a good size for the number of guests and even at full capacity we could still get sunbeds at 10am which often isn't the case in many hotels in the area. We also found the pool itself was always very clean - never cloudy. The baby pool is great for little ones and also for a quick dip.
The staff in the bar/restaurant are very professional and also very friendly. We were made to feel welcome straight away and nothing was too much trouble for them. I have stayed in 5 star hotels a few times over the years and the service at Ako was far, far better. I have never felt as welcome or looked after as I have felt there.
Me and my boyfriend like to get out and about a lot on holiday so even though we were not eating/drinking there as regularly as other guests, this did not affect the service we received, nor did we ever feel pressured to stay for meals/drinks. However, when we did stay to eat, the food was as good as meals we had eaten elsewhere and it was good value. During our stay there were a few nights a week when a set menu was on offer, including a Turkish night that happened once a week which was mezes (mixed starters) then a BBQ with entertainment later. I highly recommend the Turkish night.

I loved my holiday. I cant really fault Club Ako at all for the price, it even exceeded my expectations in many ways and that is why I feel it deserves 5 stars in this review. When we arrived at Club Ako the first thing that Mehmet (the owner) said to us was 'Welcome to Paradise!' - he wasn't wrong.

Claire and Andy :)

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank cheekymink
Reviewed 22 August 2013

This is the second year in a row my friends and I have stayed at Club Ako and a third year is definitely on the cards. The atmosphere in the hotel is second to none, helped not only by the exceptionally helpful and welcoming staff but also the numerous events the hotel puts on (top of the list has got to be their Turkish bbq). This hotel is perfect for young groups of people and families alike. Brilliant value for money, clean rooms, good sized pool and excellent poolside bar... couldn't ask for more!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends