“Fantastic family run apartments” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Club Ako Apartments

Club Ako Apartments
Ranked #56 of 233 Hotels in Marmaris
“Fantastic family run apartments”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Stayed here with my boyfriend for a week and had an amazing time. The location is excellent in 5 minutes you are at the fountain and can take a left to head towards the harbour or a right to the beach. It is lovely and quiet on an evening but you are close enough to the restaurants, bars and beach. The staff are amazing at club ako they can't help you enough. Jez and cem at the bar are super friendly and play a mean game of blackjack! The rooms are totally spotless. We stayed in the attic room and round it very cosy and private, however air con is needed in summer months! We would definitely come back to these apartments. We had an amazing holiday which was made even better by this family run establishment.

Emily and Danny, hull UK

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Emilyrosearcher

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

Stayed for just under 2 weeks in mid July 2014. We had previously stayed in Marmaris at Amphi Apartments but chose Club Ako this time as it was slightly cheaper and looked to have better rooms.

Positives -
Really good sized rooms - lots of space
nice staff - not pushy, lovely kids, generally helpful
good cleaning - regular and nice ladies - put flowers on our bed etc
decent balcony
pool clean, always a space even in peak season
pool food was ok
air con was good (at a cost)

Negatives -
Pool not the biggest. Quite deep in all places so bad if you have kids
pay for wifi - only 10TL but really?! no one pays for wifi in Marmaris so disappointing

Overall it was fine however if we returned to Marmaris we would certainly pay the little extra to go back to Amphi

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Everything about Club Ako apartments is absolutely ideal. Food is great, staff are great, rooms are great, location is great. Special mention to the bar manager Gez who made sure me and my friends were looked after the whole trip.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SeanRober
Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Having visited Marmaris for years, we have had far too many bad hotel stays so it was such a relief to go to such a fantastic one! In the past we have stayed in all inclusive hotels and have always been sorely disappointed. I know there are good all inclusives but they are more like the five star ones. We stayed in a "four star" last year (club palm) and it was atrocious.
So, we thought we would try self catering as we never ate the food once in the all inclusive hotels. We saw good reviews and went for it.
Upon arrival, everyone was helpful and Mehmet the manager gave myself and my boyfriend a choice of a couple of rooms. He apologised profusely that the fridge was not working and it would be sorted asap. This was not a huge drama as my parents were staying also so we could use their fridge.
You do need to pay for the air con which was 55pounds for a fortnight. But, eh, you need it right?!
The rooms are very basic and somewhat dated but all I care about is cleanliness to which the standard was very good. Beds were made daily and towels changed. The cleaner was such a lovely lady and very understanding as my boyfriend and father stayed in bed most of the day after drinking all night at the bar with Jez! She waited to clean the room and never once complained or was funny about it.
The pool was lovely and it was such a nice change to not have to fight for the sun beds or get up before dawn to put our towels down before the Russians!!!
Jem behind the bar was also super friendly and sweet. Nothing was too much trouble.
My boyfriend and dad hit it off with Jez, as does everyone as he's truly an amazing guy. We have met many lovely people in turkey, but often they are superficial but he is genuinely nice.
Our bar bill at the end of the holiday would make your eyes water but my boyfriend and dad drank A LOT and my dad was buying everyone drinks!
There was no pressure about staying in the hotel for meals, which we have experienced in the past.
We had breakfast lunch and dinner over the 2 weeks a number of times and it was really nice food.
We will most definitely be returning to the hotel next year and years to come.
Seriously, if you don't want to waste your money on an all inclusive - come to this decent, well priced apartment!!!

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Sareheath
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

I went to this hotel with a little bit of doubt. How wrong was I. All the staff were brilliant, they could not do enough for you. I am disabled, and in a wheelchair, but it was no problem for them. They helped me in every way. From the manager down to the room cleaner, nothing was too much trouble for them. I am definitely going back next year. This place definitely deserves 5 stars.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank denlas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

I stayed here with a group of friends and I've got to say it's everything you could ask for, clean, friendly staff and the food was amazing. At first on my holiday I was in a awful hotel for the first day before me and my 4 friends moved to club ako apartments and from then on we had a fantastic holiday, as we were a group of 18-19 year olds we were going out of a night to the main strip bar street which was 5 minutes away from the apartments as was the beach so the location was perfect. The bar manager there called jez was always there to help with anything you need and he ensured you had the best holiday no matter what. To anyone wanting to go on a girls/lads holiday I would defiantly recommend staying here or even if it's a family holiday it's still perfect as the environment there suits all.

• Stayed July 2014
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

My cousin and I visited Turkey for my 21st birthday.
We arrived the night before at around 11pm where we were met in the lobby area by the owner who was very kind and friendly!
After we unpacked we went down to the bar for a few drinks, we had never been to Turkey so were very dubious but were put at ease instantly! the apartment is very close to the marina and shops but far enough that you don't feel you're in the thick of it, it's a great place. My cousin got sun stroke and felt ill but the staff at the apartments couldn't do enough for us, Jez, the bar man gave her fresh mint leafs from the garden and brought her soup and then a platter of fruit. They made a huge fuss for my birthday too with huge sparklers and cocktails! It was definitely a great way to spend my birthday! Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed June 2014