“Clean, friendly and well priced ”

Amphi Apartments & Studios
Ranked #21 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
“Clean, friendly and well priced ”
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

So I have seen a lot of negative reports on this on the run up to my holiday which made me very nervous to what I was coming too I didn't expect too much for what I paid for the holiday.

My experience of amphi I was very impressed and very comfortable our maid was in Every day the rooms were kept spotless we had no problems of cockroaches what so ever I never even seen one in my whole 2 weeks the bathrooms are modern and small but hey what exactly do you need to do in there it was perfect for me and my step daughter. The pool area was clean and easy to get a sun lounger very quiet throughout the day which I loved we could eat at the bar or head out down the street you are walking distance to restaurants and bars,

The sewerage smell that people talk about is not in the hotel all day it's when you walk out you get a quick smell but I have been to a lot of places and this is in Every country so don't be put off by that.

Taxis are 10 Lyra to the main beach front this works out just over £3 with a family not very much or you can walk in 15mins.

The rate for sterling is much better out there so take you english notes and especially for shopping you will get a better deal.

There are a lot of resturant near by as well we ate out the whole holiday so cheap. If you are booking trips book them outside of the hotel as well it is Cheaper.

My over all experience of turkey has been fab I would def go back this was my first time the people are very pleasant and hard working.

Melanie Lowry Belfast

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Mel L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
westbromwich
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Just got back yesterday from the Amphi Had a great 2 weeks there The bar staff cengo husso aslan bless where great as usual the owners good as usual very friendly rooms very clean towels sheets changed regularily Id recommend it great place to stop hope to be back next year we see a lot of people who stay there every year not to forget night porter nice man always smiling

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank chris s
Cleethorpes, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Stayed here 15 ty to 29 ty july all i can say is the place is brilliant. From zehra the owner who is there all day with her daughter in law dudu to Wolfy the night porter all great. The bar staff Cengo Huso Kenri Aslan where always there to bring your meals or get you a drink. Rooms where cleaned every day and bedding and towels changed every other day. Zera personally ran and got a present for my wife a beautifull table cloth. Cant wait to go back next year. Food was excelent better than all the restaurants about

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank John H
Denny
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We are just back from staying two weeks at Amphi apartments. I can recommend this hotel higher. We stayed in a one bedroom apartment, it was cleaned daily and sheets and towel were changed regularly. One small point, the air conditioning only working in the bedroom area, my son was sleeping in the living area and the area conditioning didn't reach there, that was a bit uncomfortable for my son. The wifi in the pool/bar area was a great advantage. The staff were brilliant, very friendly and helpful. It was my son's 18th birthday on our last day there, it was arranged for a "special table" with ballons and banners and the young lady at reception was able to arrange for a birthday cake also. It was such a special day and made all the better because of the effort of all the staff... THANK YOU. We will be returning in the future.
There was always a calm peaceful atmosphere around the pool, and always sunbeds available. The cocktail happy hour was also great fun. The staff at the bar were kind, pleasant and helpful. Also eager to strike up a conversation with the guests. Brilliant holiday. Myself, my husband and my son had a great time. Many thanks.

Room Tip: Its quieter and cooler on the opposite side from the pool. The music starts at 12 noon and finishes...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Jenifer E
United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I stayed in the Amphi Apts for two weeks in June 2014. I booked here after reading the good reviews on here and I was not disappointed. I stayed here with my boyfriend and another couple and we was both really impressed with what we got for the price of the holiday.

I stayed in a second floor apartment, it was very spacious for 2 people, with nice size balcony and living room. The bathroom was brand new and very clean, in fact the whole apartment was spotless as it was cleaned daily by our cleaner and new towels supplied every day too. The only thing I would recommend is to deffo ask for a room overlooking the pool as these have the best views :)

The pool was big for a 3 star apt, with a nice little children pool. We never had a problem waking up later and getting a sunbed, so we didn't have to run down to the pool early- however this wasn't main season.

The Bar and bar staff were lovely, always polite and pleasant and took an interest in your stay. The food was good, the English breakfast had exactly what you would needed and cheap! I never had dinner as we always ventured out but I saw a lot of groups regularly eating round at the bar and the food always looked nice. Between 4-5 and 11-12 it was cocktail hour, where you could get any two cocktails for price of one, and at just 12 lira - £4 this was amazing value :)

The receptionist staff were around 24 hours and therefore always there to help with any problems or to answer any touristy questions about the area.

The beach and main strip was a short 10 minute walk from the hotel, which I believe is in the perfect location and away from any noise from the front.

I would definitely stay here again, thank you for lovely stay :)

Room Tip: Pool facing room
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
cleveland, england
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We enjoyed our stay the rooms were basic but clean. The shower room was very plush. Food in the restaurant was nice and reasonably priced however the alcoholic drinks weren't very strong considering we were paying for them. They gave a cocktail happy hour 4pm til 5pm and again 11pm til midnight where they are buy one get one free however they were very watery we choose not not drink at the bar after that. The pool was 6ft deep all way round so couldn't play water games and there was no entertainment whatsoever at any time. We sat round the pool during day and went out every evening for something to do however would have liked to mingle with guests and make friends however there was no opportunity to do this. If you are ok with all of this then you will enjoy your holiday.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank teesside1971
amphiapart, Manager at Amphi Apartments & Studios, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Hi firstly thanks for puttin a review here but same time we would like to make clear that you are missing a point; All of our drinks are being controlled and quality certified by travel companies, it is impossible to serve you dear guests water down drinks as we dont aim to as well..
So as your review will guide other people, you better think and put a more sensible one next time..Thanks
Kent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2014

This is my second year staying at amphi apartments, I do not have anything negative to say about this place, absolutely fantastic!!! all of the staff are so friendly and helpful. Both the apartments and pool area are spotless.
The restaurant is great, food is delicious and there is a real variety on the menu.
Amphi is in a great location about a 10 minute walk from the beach front, there is also numerous other bars/restaurants really close.
I will definitely return to amphi apartments and would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a lovely place to stay in Turkey.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends