“Fantastic short break”
Review of Club Anastasia

Club Anastasia
Ranked #6 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed 17 July 2011

My husband and I stayed here 29th April to 3rd May. Although it was right at the beginning of the season and the resort was quiet, this was a bonus for us. Club Anastasia was fantastic. We had room 809 on the top floor. It's on a main road but the traffic noise was nothing compared to back home. Our room was plenty big enough for us both. Couple of small things that I didn't like. Only 2 tiny drawers in the bedroom and funny sloping ceilings. Not a problem for short people like me but when you're over 6ft like my husband you really need to watch your head!! I think this only applies to top floor rooms though. Apart from that it was great. Cleaners came in each day and did a great job. The Orange Bar has a happy hour 7pm to 9pm then the Havana Bar has one from 9pm to 10pm. The staff were all fantastic, couldn't do enough for you. The bar is a little pricey though so happy hour is a major bonus. You have to get a card from reception (it looks like a credit card) and load money onto it to spend at the bar. This was great as we didn't have to carry cash but be warned you won't get anything back if there's money left on it at the end of your stay. There's a shallow kids pool covered with a canopy, a huge main pool, games room with arcade games, pool tables and internet and a small park-type play area all near the pool. We didn't eat at the on-site restaurant so I can't comment on the food there. I'd really recommend the Queen Vic for a meal. We had a 3 course meal (which was excellent) each plus drinks and gorgeous fresh pitta bread for 40 Lira. Would also recommend Aysha's (might have the name slightly wrong there) which is on the beachfront. All in all we had a fantastic time. I'd never been to Turkey before but I would definitely go again and wouldn't hesitate to stay at Club Anastasia

Room Tip: If you're tall, don't stay on the top floor.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,024)

Reviewed 16 July 2011

Just got back from a week at the Anastasia, and my only complaint is that I wasnt there long enough! Loved everything about this place. The evening entertainment is really good, for those nights when you do just want to stay round your hotel, and all the staff are lovely and friendly. My room was nothing special, but it was clean, spacious, and all that you need. The food at the restaurant was beautiful, and the waiting staff in there couldnt do enough for you. I will definately be going back to this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Foxy82x
Reviewed 14 July 2011

First visit to Turkey and on the strength of Tripadvisor reviews we chose Club Anastasia.
We were not disappointed.
The staff were fantastic, very friendly and helpful , the room was big and spotless - cleaners were in every day. Bathroom and shower were great - one of the best showers I have ever had in a self catering apt.
Downsides....absence of WIFI and the aircon was in the living room but not the bedroom ???? - There were two large comfortable sofa beds in the living room which could be used if it got too warm at night but all in all a bit of a disappointment really.

The Pool bar staff were great - very attentive , helpful and friendly.
Bellblu restaurant was excellent although could perhaps have had more choice - especially seafood ?

The real bonus however was the onsite Turkish baths, massages, hairdressing ,manicures etc which my wife took full advantage of - I had several Turkish shaves and believe me they are worth having. All very reasonably priced. The only slight criticism I would have is that the hairdressing salon is a bit small and is so popular you really have to book - Muhammet , Hasan ( one and two) and Sharifa are all really professional and did a fantastic job all week - My wife has never been so pampered. Some people were unaware of the salon and perhaps it should be poolside as opposed to below reception ?
Entertainment was the usual belly dancing and acrobats etc which frankly I do not care for but children seemed to be well looked after.
All in all the weather , accommodation , staff and food were all superb ( apart from theaircon and lack of wifi ) and I would definitely stay at Club Anastasia again.

Room Tip: Pool View is best
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hughf
Reviewed 14 July 2011

This hotel was great! Our room was very modern, the pool was lovely, always clean, lots of sun loungers, always some activities going on and the pool bar staff were excellent. The pool bar staff were always friendly, always getting involved with the entertainment team and they wouldn't even let me carry my own drinks back to my lounger! Only problems we had were our air conditioning wasn't working but as soon as we let reception know it was fixed straight away and we had a noisy family staying quite near us but that is out of the hotels control.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank becky_bourne
Reviewed 12 July 2011

stayed here 27 june-11 july
2 adults 2 kids

chose this hotel after reading about it on this site.first time to turkey and marmaris
after a 2 hour transfer from dalaman arrived at anastasia and was pleasantly surprised.modern looking hotel.at check in tried to ask for pool view room but was ignored and handed a key.so warm and tired we carried on with the help of the hotel boys who carried the bags which was a good job as we were on the 3rd floor and the hotelhas no lifts.with my wife having an illness and the fact our room faced a nightclub this was a nono so i rang reception only to be told we could change but the other rooms(i would not like also)we retired hell bent on trying again in the morning only to stare at each other all night as the music blasting into our room was unbearably loud.went to reception again and were given another room directly beside the 1 we had so said no lol and the guy said(told you you wouldnt like)stuck with it we settled in.room was actually great with a double bedroom,double sofabed and single bed in lounge good size balcony and all usual amenities for a self cater apt although not enough cutlery or crockery for 4 but enough if your looking to cook food.air con but only in the lounge but its free so thats a bonus.just to let you know the room you get is not the luxury room featured on the hotels website. cash is not used anywhere in the hotel so get your clubcard from reception and put whatever money you want on it and use it at the bars,restaurant or supermarket.the prices in all these places is much more expensive than in places a few yards up the street i dont see why they feel the need to rip people off other than greed but anyway the whole place is kept very clean esp the rooms which are cleaned every day with fresh towels.large pool with plenty of beds to go round.they have a policy of no reserving of sunbeds which means your not up at crack of dawn ready for a fight lol if you go down and people have reserved beds and are not there they just lift the towels off for you.havana bar at the pool does your usual snacks and what have ya but good luck if your a bloke trying to get a drink as the females tend to get all the attention first even tho i have a great set of moobs i still got ignored lol.onsite hairdresser,tattoo shop spa and jewellers are good value for money and are run by great friendly people like hasan who does a mean shave,the guys who do the turkish bath and frankie,rico and eddie the jewellers the best people you could meet...their parrot is hilarious.one thing is the inhouse entertainment team are shockingly bad.they really havent a clue bless them and some things they do are a bit inappropriate for young ones but kelly who runs the kids club is very good.all in all a good clean hotel with friendly people except for 1 reception guy who wouldnt look at you sideways but just too noisy.daytrips can be bought from uncle johns a few steps away from hotel and are really cheap.good restaurants nearby include september bar,oasis for good curries,flares bar,trotters bar and the infamous dantes dance bar opposite who causes all the noise but actually does good food during the day.all the usual shops and things are nearby and the beach is 20 minutes walk but dont bother cause its minging lol icemeler beach is better just jump on the dolmus 10 minutes and your there.
if your going here and like me have a wife and teenage daughter then keep an eye on them lol esp if they blond.i could have swore i was invisible a 1000 times when they were draping themselves all over them and kissin round them lol and im quite a big bloke.... they dont care.apart from that the weather is outstanding and the decent people far outweigh the sleazy ones so enjoy.....

tip for the manager levante i think his name is: if you close the gate to the walkway between the 2 blocks at a reasonable hour it would prevent all the drunk ones coming in at 3 or 4 in the morning shouting and roaring and waking half the hotel.apart from that its a great spot and would gladly stay again

Room Tip: stay away from the blocks facing the main road if possible
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2011

stayed first two weeks in june, got nice big apartment with pool view for me my husband and my two kids age 3 and 5,up graded to half board 2nd week food was edible service was poor continualy got r order wrong overall service very poor unless u were single or female infact never got offered waiter service once in 2wks, kelly in kids club and the jeweller r a credit to this place, the photographer has totally no people skills and is 1 of the rudest people we have every met while being aboard, this was are 2nd time in anastasia dont think we,l be back, as didnt appreciate certain members of staff in belle blue lookin down my cleavage every night when bein served are food, i would not advise anyone to bring a teenage daughter here

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank nathan05
Reviewed 11 July 2011

travelled as a family of 10... on arrival at 5am we had no help with our bags to the 3rd floor (family of 4) room was awful, smelt bad and the 2 pull out beds were about to collapse and the balcony overlooked a private apartments window.
when we got up at 7:30 to have a look around we were approached by a sour faced miserable man who told us "no look - people need sleep" i ignored him and continued to have a look around!

my husband and i went to reception and asked to be moved to a ground floor room - the guy was great and gave us a number of room keys and we had a choice - which was great - however we didnt get the pool veiw which i am now glad of due the noise!

i personally felt that the guys from the havana bar and entertainment team were only interested in the young girl groups! if ure with a family then they dont give u the time of day! DISGUSTING - as this is meant to be a place for families????

if ure looking for a relaxed holiday DO NOT STAY HERE! i am up for fun n games but when my kids are trying to sleep and the music is sooooo loud they cant i then get miserable!!! at one stage i was goingto take my pillow down to the bar and sleep there as it was just as loud in my room! this often went on into the early hours of the morning :(

i cannot fault the cleaners x the apartment was thoroughly cleaned on a daily basis and our cleaner was lovely :) the entire complex was very clean :)

and i would like to mention Eddie, Frankie, Rico and of course Yakulp!!!! the guys in the jewelers x u really made our stay x always up for a chat x u will all be missed!!!

This was my 5th time in visiting turkey - 1st time in Marmaris - never again! Icmeler gets my vote! its more relaxed and the people treat u with respect not like most of the guys in marmaris!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family