“Lovely for the price”
Review of Club Anastasia

Club Anastasia
Ranked #5 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed 5 November 2009

Clean, amazing value for money, one of the best swimming pools ever (a bit small though). Free air-con in our room was a welcome essential. We went self-catering and found cheap groceries at Kipa, a large modern supermarket about 15 minutes walk away. There is a very good restaurant nearby called Keravan, full of well-to-do local people. A wholesome salad and beautiful lamb fillets with home made unleavened bread costs £8 each!!! The harbour is about 45 minutes walk. We went on a "lazy" all-day trip in an ancient wooden boat with 50 other people from Holland / Italy / England... I think it's Turkish name translated into the Pirate Captain... visited hidden coves with crystal turquoise water to swim and explore. Lunch was grilled fish caught off the back of the boat, or chicken breast marinaded in herbs and bbq'd...heaven. The whole day cost £8 each, but I drank a lot of Efes (local beer) and Raki and ended a wonderful day with a monumental hangover. The beach at Marmaris is dire so we used to go to Icmeler's beach on the Dolmus (minbus) for £1 each way. The area that the hotel is located in is not so smart, but Turkey is a relatively poor country. The people are mostly friendly and respectful, especially so the staff at Club Anastasia. A great holiday.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,024)

Reviewed 2 November 2009

This is our 5th year of coming to this hotel over the years we have made many friends the Havana boys are great and work really hard. Every year we go we always change to half board you can have a full english breakfast and a 5 coarse meal in the evening which is exceptional the Bella Blu staff will do anything for you. The atmosphere is great throught the hotel but we will sadly miss 2 very special friends that have been an great addition to the staff which is umit who is coming to England to live and Ilmaz which we have known for 5 years has gone to serve his country. we hope one day to once again meet up with these to very special people. Also thanks Brian,Lisa & James great day time entertainers. Also Nuri the Daytime receptionist who will do anything for you. We hope to return next year and see old and new faces in June and October. Finally good luck to Dave enjoy the cruising. Love cath & Les Haynes (Manchester) Room 609

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 November 2009

Our family stayed for 9 nights (17-26 Oct) in room 522. This was a large 1 bed apartment with a large balcony and plenty of room for us all.
Hotel staff and facilities were excellent although I agree that the Havana Boys were winding down :-)
The main daytime events took place around the pool where James and the Boys worked hard to keep everyone entertained, especially the kids.
The apartment was cleaned every day and bedding/towels changed 3 times during our stay. Ilknur our maid decorated all the beds one day which was a lovely surprise.
The hotel deserves, in my opinion, its 4 stars.
The day trips are exceptional value for money and 1 we personally recommend is the Lazy Day Boat Trip. The cost was £10 each for which we got breakfast, lunch and drinks all day. There were 3 opportunities for sea swimming plus a visit to a village for either the beach or shopping (yes, we shopped!!) There was a photographer on board who snapped away all day and took 124 photos of the 4 of us! Time to view the photos and we were ready to hear the extortionate cost and say no thank you. However, we were surprised to hear the cd of photos was just £17 - yes please!!
On the subject of trips, I have to upset a few people now by NOT recommending Uncle John. Although convinient as next door to the hotel, he and his female oppo were pushy and at one point made a personal comment about me (oops hubby understands Turkish) Not surprisingly they were very sheepish after that.
I WOULD recommend Andy at B+B Travel, just 2 minutes down the same road as there was no hassle, a better exchange rate, a better variety of trips and a very nice FREE trip to the turkish baths at a local hotel where we had a private family booking.
We ate out at 7 different restaurants during our stay, revisiting Flares and Villa Dream - both highly recommended. The September Bar was very popular but we found it a bit of a let down to be honest and more expensive than the rest.
Ichmeler Market on the Wednesday was really really good and puts Spanish markets to shame. Marmaris Thursday market for me was too crowded and stuffy as it's inside.
All in all, a fantastic family holiday and one we will be repeating :-)

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank TorreGirl
Reviewed 1 November 2009

Excellent all round, we stayed half board at £50 per person dearer than self catering. What a bargain that is, with with good choice of menu 5 courses and waiter service. All in all a nearly perfect break. If one criticism we couldn't understand the policy whereby you can pay cash for drinks in the Restaurant and upstairs bar but not in the pool bar. Try a holiday here you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 October 2009

We have just returned from two weeks at this Hotel enjoyed every minute.The cleanliness was 1st. class and the Staff most helpfull and efficient,especially our maid,Arzu and the Rep.Farah was a gem,please pass on our compliments!
Only one tiny critic.ism was a little noisy music between acts until almost midnight.,otherwise a Fab.Holiday.
MalyokshirewUK

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2009

I must say that the Club Anastasia lived up to the reveiws that we read before going!! The Staff were very good but I feel with going a bit later on in the year I felt they were tired and winding down a bit as it was coming to them all finishing the season The havana boys still done their dance on the Bar with the fireworks though definately to go to Uncle Johns for your trips just right of the hotel towards town he was brilliant!! Very Funny also the tatooist in the hotel I will recommend my partner had a tattoo and it was very proffesionally done he takes alot of pride in what he does, the housekeepers were very good and as you have probably heard from others they leave swans and hearts made out of towels and petals on the beds it was great they even put a cigerette in the swans mouth with a ashtray and can of coke next to it it was really funny!! Made my day when I saw it. Mind you I didn't want to destry it by getting in bed that evening it was a piece of art. The trips especially the Dalyman trip on the boat to mud bath and turtle beach was brilliant a must!! And the Jeep Safari as long as you don't mind getting wet was a brilliant laugh the boys that took us were a right laugh!! Be careful of markets my son bought 7 Lacoste fakes of course but he didn't check his bag before leaving the stall and when back the hotel realised they had only given him 3 in his size and 4 in smaller sizes so beware of what you are buying other than that I enjoyed the Market. I would definately go back to Turkey again!!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 October 2009

Me, my Girlfriend and Daughter went to Club Anastasia from 1st Oct , for 2 weeks.I was adamant that I wouldn't like Turkey, with me thinking of the obvious stereotypes like horrible men, filthy streets and hotels.But I can honestly say the 2 weeks were the best holiday we've ever had. We arrived at approx 1:30am and had our luggage taken to our room,which unfortunately was on the main road side of the building,next to Bella Blu.Quite noisy if you have a 2 year old,so after seeing the manager,he said a room would be available in the morning. True enough, we were taken to another room on the inside of the complex.Smaller room but enough for the three of us. Rooms are lovely and clean. Cleaned daily, and the cleaners are brilliant, very friendly.(great artwork left on the beds). Now we get to the Club Anastasia's heartbeat! The Staff in the Havana Bar and the staff in the Bella Blu. Now I've done quite a bit of traveling, but I have never come across such a brilliant group of staff, willing to to do anything to make your holiday the best. I got to know a few of the staff very well, aswell as the boys from the jewelers.

The Kids entertainment entertained me,!!!!

I have to many memories of my stay to right about, so I'll just say
"GO TO THE CLUB ANASTASIA AND ENJOY YOURSELF!!!"

We did............

ps.
Didn't want to mention any names, but my Girlfriend and I would like to say thanks to Ersin, who actually left the job 4 days before we had to come home.....and the Havana Bar missed him. But he came on our last day and said goodbye, even waving us goodbye as we headed home on the coach.(the girlfriend was a little tear-y, to say the least).

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family