“Fantastic Cettia Beach!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 233 Hotels in Marmaris
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Cettia Beach!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Just returned from an Easter break at the Cettia Beach. This has got to be one of the most lovely hotels i have stayed in. The hotel is recently fully refurbished a few years back as the Cettia group took it over, it is very contemporary, comfortable and well furnished to a high standard. We opted to pay a little extra for a sea view room which was well worth it. Every morning looking out to a fantastic view of Marmaris bay and in the evening you could see all the lights of the harbour. When we went it was adults only which was brilliant.

The food was fantastic quality, fresh and varied. We stayed all inclusive and we had drinks and food whenever we wanted it. There was a large array of salads at every sitting, breads, soup and a selection of hot dishes. Outside a chef prepared a different thing each day, from steak to grilled fish, omelettes in the mornings, pasta dishes at lunchimes, and stirfries. A huge array of desserts and fruits beautifully presented. In between restaurant sittings a selection of snacks were available from the bar such as burgers, chips, pizza etc. Ice cream every afternoon, cakes at tea time, midnight soups and snacks to round off the day. Cocktails were served for the hour before dinner outside, soft drinks, hot drinks accessable all day and night. I didn't really drink any alcohol, but i think there was wine, beer and non-brand spirits included in the all inclusive. My Mum who i went with is gluten/ lactose free and she had no issues with the food and ate well all week.

There was a range of entertainment during the day and evening run by Ozzy and Melissa who were lovely and friendly: as were all the staff! Evening entertainment ended usually at 11:30 though there was then a shuttle bus available to Bar Street. This was good if you like to go to bed and get up in the morning as it went quieter before midnight. I am not sure if it would be noisier as the season progresses, this was just the start of their season.

There are many loungers round the pool close to the bar, and some on the beach, then more on the lovely jetty, we favoured the jetty as the view was amazing, and also it was quieter. There are lots of friendly cats around. They will come sit on your lap if you let them, but the staff will shoe them away if they are neer the food or if they are bothering you. There was quiet music around the pool but it was not too intrusive. There is a spa, my Mum had the Turkish bath package, it ended up lasting 2 and a half hours! She said it was lovely though. There is also a photographer called Sam, i hate having my picture taken but had a go, he was brilliant, made it a fun and enjoyable and relaxed experience and we had an album full of lovely portraits of ourselves to bring home. I would not do this every time as the packages started from £80, but it was well worth the money for a special occasion ( I just tuned 40 and my mum was 65 while we were there)

The hotel is situated right at the far end of the road that runs along the coast from the harbour. For 2L (60p) you can catch the Dolmus (minibus) from outside the hotel to the harbour. In the harbour area are shops, a small museum/ castle which was only 5L (less than £2) to look at and worth it if you like history/ museums. The walk back to Cettia beach takes an hour. We did it once in the daytime, along the beach path, which is an interesting walk as it goes by all the hotels and bars. Then we did it again one evening walking back along the main road, looking at the lights, fountains and shops.

You can book the catamaran to Rhodes from the harbour, it costs around £40 return, take a passport when you book it. They pick you up from the hotel around 7:30 and you get dropped back to your hotel about 6:30. This is a great daytrip if you like exploring, Rhodes old town is beautiful, and if you like shopping it is full of great small boutique shops.

You can also get the Dolmus to Ishmeler, which costs 3L (£1), from there you can get the water taxi across the bay to the harbour for 10L (£3 ish) then the dolmus back to the hotel from the harbour. It is a great inexpensive explore!

It is worth taking some english money, as some things quote prices in english money, and many places/ services accept it!

Anyway, I can totally recommend both Cettia Beach and Marmaris, I would return in a heartbeat! For me the quietness and slightly cooler weather that you find during the start of the season suited me, it was still hot but with some cloudy afternoons. Enough to get a tan though!

Room Tip: If you want to go to bed before 11, choose a room on the side of the hotel, not the front which is t...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank DaxieSparkles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (319)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Accrington, Lancashire
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

We thought we would stay in this hotel rather than the one we normally go to (Blue Bays Platinum). Big mistake! The hotel looks good but as I say you can cover a brick in gold but its still a brick underneath! When we arrived, the welcome was good and we were shown to a room which had the basics. We did request a sea view room but was told we would have to pay extra money per night to upgrade. We know requests can't be guaranteed so weren't too bothered. The room we was given (room 505) was an adjoining room to the one next door. There was a door on each side that could be locked - although we were awoken by the two drunken men next door trying to get into our room in the middle of the night. My partner kindly sorted that out and explained very nicely of course that we were in the room and to please not try to get in again! This didn't happen again although the walls were very thin so could hear them snoring which didn't help the sleep quality. Yes we could have requested our room be changed but to be honest it's better the devil you know. One positive of this hotel is that it is on the beach with it's own jetty which is a sun-trap for sunbathers. The staff were mostly helpful - which was nice. Now lets get on to the entertainment and food! The entertainment was pathetic! The young girl hadn't a clue. We saw 'body poppers' more than once and we were only there a week. I don't mean to sound so negative but the young lady needs more training on how to get people involved. She is lovely and friendly but that doesn't help. There was no real atmosphere at the hotel. The food wasn't anywhere near 4 star (even for Turkish standards). I know a lot of the reviews for this hotel are good and everyone has the right to their opinion but we wouldn't stay at this hotel again - even if it was free. If you look at my other reviews you will see I give credit where it's due.

In summary - the hotel is just okay - nothing special. It's good if you want to chill and sunbath but that's about it. The staff try their best but there was only so much they could do. very disappointed.

Room Tip: Most rooms have a see view even from the side.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank mandyjenk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Just back from a fantastic week here with my Husband. The hotel is very clean and the decor is lovely, the rooms have everything you need, the only thing I would say, is that I don't think you should have to pay to use the safe.
The meals here were really good, I'm fussy and I managed to fill my plate every sitting!!!
The staff here work so hard, and nothing is to much trouble, always a smile, hello or a great story!
Big shout out to Speedy!!! What a guy!! The spa is so peaceful and well worth a visit.
The best bit of this hotel has to be sunbathing on the jetty, best view I've had sunbathing.
We had our pictures taken by Sam, well worth the money, and a lovely keepsake.
The hotel has a connection with Pasha gold, we went for a look one evening, I had my wedding rings cleaned for free, they look like New again. We were shown lots of different pieces, the thing I loved was they were never pushy with us, there stuff was gorgeous. Worth a look. Big shout out to Jack!! Never a dull moment with him!
If your not sure where to stay when you go to Marmaris.....This is it!! You won't be disappointed. Can't wait to go back.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank summeristheword
Merseyside
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed at cettie beach at the beginning of the season and loved every minute, efen though it was hot so busy the staff and guests made it a fantastic holiday. I would luke to thankk Ozzy & Melisa for all there entertainment we joined in nearly every activity. The food and beverage team were very helpful memet and gokhan were the 2 who served us the most and it was so nice to be treaded so well. The hotel is clean and very well presented I loved all areas including the spa which we did have treatments in thanks to sexy speedy, he was a very good happy man. My onky 2 small things were the blonde lady in the restaurant never smiled she always seemed angry and also therewas no bottled water supplied Iit was at a cost which I found very odd for an all inclusive.
I will definitely recommend this hotel to all my friends and family and would love to return myself.
love and best wishes to you and your team the Scoucers, aka scawse!!!!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Peach83
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

We got a room with the most superb view and could not have asked for better, clean well equipped hotel , Ozzy is the pic of the staff , which are all friendly , with it's own beach and jetty and a short bus ride to the markets and a more adult frequency hotel it was bliss and will visit again , hopefully

Stayed November 2013
3 Thank Ray S
Irvine, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

Myself and my boyfriend stayed at Cettia Beach Resort last summer. It was my first time visiting Turkey and I loved everything about my stay :) My boyfriend has been before a few times but we both just loved Cettia so much we need to come back!! Booking soon!

The hotel is fairly small (which i loved) and kept to the highest standard; well maintained by the staff, and very modern and beautifully decorated too. Our bedroom wasn't ready on the first night but we were put in a luxurious suite which more than made up for it - if only we could have stayed in it! Our actual room was a good size, clean and beautifully decorated too, I was delighted with this room. We were facing directly onto the pool/bar area and had a sensational view - looking out onto the jetty, sea and magnificent sunset.

The service we got was second to none, the staff are ALL so friendly and helpful and pleasant. The cleaners gave us plenty of fresh, clean towels and to make our stay special sprinkled some lovely flowers on the bed once it was made (once or twice).

The entertainment through the day and in the evenings was fantastic, always varied and great fun. Ozzy (the entetainer/organiser) does an excellent job making everyone feel welcome and encouraging participation in the fun and games.
At night, the hotel often runs a bus to the pubs/clubs, we didn't go out with the other guests and staff until the end of our holiday and I wish we had gone on the night out sooner - it was a good laugh and so much fun.

The waiting/bar staff were friendly and funny, they made us feel looked after too by remembering the drinks we liked, and bringing us refills without us even asking, or even just having them ready when we got up to the bar!

I thoroughly enjoyed all of the food, and feel a lovely selection/variety was provided each day in the restaurant. The pool bar provided tasty snacks as well. Alongside that the little extras like ice cream hour and cocktail hour make all inclusive that bit better!!

The jetty was my favourite place for sunbathing each day but it is necessary to get up very early to get sun loungers!! It is totally worth it for the beautiful view, the relaxing sea breeze, to watch the wee fishes, or jump in the sea for a cool down.

Cettia has a wonderful Spa located downstairs inside the hotel. A big thanks to Aslan for helping tailor a package which suited our likes and was fantastic value, the Turkish Spa is definately a must do and make sure to do it at the beginning of your holiday to get a great tan!!

Lastly the location of the hotel was perfect. Right on the beach front means you can go a nice walk at night along the front of more lovely hotels and great bars.
The little buses (Dolmus) drive up and down outside the front of the hotel all day long and for just a couple of euros will take you right into the heart of Marmaris. There are plenty of great places to eat out or go for drinks and dancing too.
On the other side of the street you can get the Icmeler bus for going to the market. We went one afternoon and got some great bargains and presents! There is so much to see and do, I was never bored in Marmaris or at Cettia Beach, a fantastic holiday in every way.

Hopefully i havent missed any important aspects of our stay out!
But finally, I guess i'd just like to say a massive thank you to everyone at Cettia Beach for making it the best holiday ive ever had, and i cant wait to come back and see you all soon!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
15 Thank Stephanie Y
Bradford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

A lovely clean hotel, rooms very modern and chic . staff excellent and friendly all our stay.
Food very good plenty of choice , soups ,salads everything plentiful [ would have liked a name on the salads] sweets to die for the chef always about checking all ok breakfast a bit samey but lovely cooked omelettes to order. ice in an afternoon was devine.
The bars [lounge and beach ] were brilliant, staff excellent and real glasses for wine and beer.
Towel guy was smiley and friendly couldn't do enough for you didn't use the pool as it was cold but clean and sunbeds very nice, we stayed on the floating platoon it was brilliant the sea was warm and the views around the bay were stunning. the weather was very hot late 20s early 30s.

The entertainment staff Ozzy and Izzy were very friendly and socialized with all guests. The entertainment during the day if you wanted to join in was in darts, pool boles and every night outside a proper show with brought in acts very good, or inside just sit and relax in the chic bar fantastic décor.
Hot drinks machines are provided around the hotel and on a night patio heaters are wheeled out as it did cool down a lot a night [last week in October into November]. met some lovely people there from all over England and Europe.
Marmaris 25 mins walk away or uses local dolmas its was very nice lots of shop, restaurant's and bars very reasonable priced as well ,Tiffanys on the promenade was excellent food and service and very cheap .
.The marina was full of boats never seen so many and so fantastic . Went to the market cheap shopping ,used the local transport again cheap and so easy to use they stop anywhere, the whole place is very flat for walking as well.
.[ just small gripes the side sea view rooms no sea view and the smallest balcony in the world. and turkey every day on the menu !!]

The holiday was wonderful from start to finish we would defiantly return .

Room Tip: pay for a sea view upgrade .
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple