“The Most Incredible Holiday”

Blue Bay Platinum Hotel
Ranked #19 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Bournemouth, England, United Kingdom
“The Most Incredible Holiday”
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Where can I start about the Blue Bay Platinum? Probably that it is the most grand looking hotel in Marmaris and the inside matches up to the grand exterior! With 2 outdoor pools, a slide and the most incredible spa I've ever been to, the Blue Bay Platinum provided us with fun, comfort and the most relaxing holiday. The spa was definitely worth the money! Reasonably priced and ideal on your first day to remove the outer flaky layer of skin so you get a better tan! Wonderful! Dinner was slightly repetitive (they like their chicken) but every day it was well cooked and their was certainly enough for everyone. Before dinner, we had professional photos taken and the guy was incredible. Beautiful pictures emerged and he was so friendly! All in all, a beautiful hotel with a INCREDIBLE spa, run by friendly staff with the softest hands!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Louise G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (416)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2013

This has been one of the best hotels in turkey we have been too. The food was really good mixture for all people and all drinks was strong.

The staff was more than wounderfull they was there all the time spoke very good english and helped with everything. They are very friendly and great with kids even the dinning room staff would keep kids entertained through meal times.

Rooms are very clean and was amazing fresh sheets every day cleaned and pattons made on the beds with towels and bedding. Aircon works more than enough rooms get frezzing with aircon on lol but always nice.

I would reconmend this hotel to as many people as i could and would come back to this hotel again if your looking for good holiday book the bluebay platinum.

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank myf178
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2013 via mobile

I really enjoyed my second experience at this hotel I felt like royalty with the staff I was shocked that they recognised us from last year the animation team are friendly as well and there is something for you to take part in all the time I would recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Chantal M
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I travelled to Blue Bays with my husband and 2 sons (10 and 7) from 21.06.13 - 05.07.13. We travelled through the night which was awful but upon arrival at the Hotel all the tiredness seeped away. The beds are so comfy and the pillows were better than the ones I have at home!! The rooms are pretty small and not much storage space but we coped by moving the beds about a bit and to be fair who spends a lot of time in their room on holiday...? The rooms are kept spotless and the linen and towels changed every 3 days unless you request for them to be changed by the maid.

Everyone here works soooo hard here from the maids, the cleaners, the bar men right through to the animation team. EVERY day the pool area is cleaned thoroughly with a jet wash and each individual sunbed is cleaned with soapy water, I have bene holidaying for a lot of years and have seen anything like this - very impressed!!

The best sunbeds go pretty early but you can always find a bed however alot of the area around the pools is shaded so it will take you a day or two to probably find your preferred spot. We spent most days at the relax pool and that was in sun from 9.30am for the rest of the day (June/ July). Chris the pool and sunbed man (also the scuba diver) is a lovely chap and he will remove towels that are placed on beds and just left prior to 7.45am and also any beds which have been unocuppied for more than 1 hour. He is also in charge of the slides. My youngest son fell down the steps of the slide which are metal!! However this was his own fault (over-excited etc.) Chico from the entertainment team witnessed this and ran to him and scooped him up in his arms and brought him to us - thanks again Chico x

The entertainment team are good and played plenty of games around the pool if you wanted to get involved ot just watch as I did. The club dance is nice and easy so this can be learned on the first day.

The Kids club girls were fantastic. My boys adored spending time with them and they were always doing creative activites and taking them to the beach occasionally. These two were worth their weight in gold.

There is a small shop on site, photo man and hairdresser. Next doot is the Blue Bay Classic and this is where you will find the tattoo shop. My husband had one done and it was superb.

Food is brilliant for AI with lots and lots of choice. There is the main restaurant, snack bar and pastries bar, plus ice creams at least every other day if not every day. The drinks were normal for AI and available from 10am to 11.30pm every day. If you like a drink a little tip is to ask the bar man for a special cocktail where he will mix up a drink of his choice - I never had a bad one in 14 mights!!! If you order a specific cocktail you will be charged 15tl.

I have tried to book for next year but the prices have shot up. I am not surprised at this as this hotel and the staff are absolutely fantastic. If you have booked to go here you will not be disappointed.

Thanks for the fantastic memories xx

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Kellyafullthorpe
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Just returned from a 7 night trip to Marmaris with my boyfriend and absolutely delighted we chose to stay at The Blue Bay Platinum.
The hotel is really modern and absolutely spotless. Our rooms were cleaned daily, loved having the option of flicking a switch which one side was "Do not disturb" and the other was "Room available to be cleaned" which flash up outside your door.
The pools were averagely sized, getting a sunbed could be a pain. By 9am all sunbeds are occupied. However, there are notices put up around the hotel warning if a towel is unattended for over an hour, it will be removed by staff.
Personally, I found food in the hotel really good. There was SO much choice, I ate 3 meals a day in the hotel for the majority of the trip and never found myself not fancying anything. The food is presented so well and you can see it being freshly prepared the whole time.
I think people are over-exaggerating a bit with the food comments saying it was repetitive. I tried plenty of things over there.
The snack bar was very good all day too - pasta, paninis, chips, pizza, kebabs, chicken wraps, chicken goujons, ice creams etc. You can never go hungry whilst staying at Blue Bay Platinum that's for sure.
The entertainment in the hotel was average, during the day the animation team provide pool games with music, water polo, aerobics classes and lots more. However, they can be quite annoying at times as they keep pestering you to join in, sometimes I just wanted to relax in the sun. The evening entertainment was quite repetitive for kids I found, same disco songs every night for them to dance to, however saying that, it was full of kids every night so perhaps they liked it that way.
For adults, there were different shows, cocktail shows, couple night, Turkish night, disco night etc. However, I preferred going into Bar Street in the evening.
The location of the hotel is perfect, it's in the middle of everything. One way you walk down can provide you with lots of bars, restaurants and a lovely beach walk up to Bar Street for a night out.
Whilst the other way provides you with markets, water parks, more restaurants and lots of shops.
Something I simply must talk about is the Oceana Spa in Blue Bay Platinum. It is OUTSTANDING. It was so good I had to return for another spa package before I left.
The prices are so reasonable, me and my boyfriend got a 45min oil massage, sauna, 20min fish pedicure, traditional Turkish bath and a face mask relaxing session for £30 each! You must visit. I suggest going to Sunny, he will sort you out and is so friendly and helpful. Jay Jay also helped us out on our returning session.
I would definitely recommend anyone buying anything in Marmaris to keep bargaining, the shop owners WILL give in. We got everything for half price most of the time.
I would definitely recommend a daily boat trip, they take you to some beautiful places. The waterparks aren't as big as other countries but still nice to go to if you're bored for a few hours.
Overall, I had an amazing trip and can't wait to return. There's something to do for everyone, any age. I'd highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank 4MC2013
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2013

hi just returned from 10 nights here. i cannot fault the hotel one bit. exellent rooms ideal for two people. alot of guests complaining about the size of the rooms with families, i can see you would be cramped as they are small but ideal for couples. air con works great at night. one issue at night would be the noise from the sound system as it was to loud facing the pool area because the dj likes to turn the volume right up so all of marmaris can hear him. if you like peace and quiet at night this hotel is not for you. entertainment through the day is brilliant. water polo, darts, bowls, pool games etc dj should learn to play music at a reasnoble level and not think he is judge jules. evening entertainment is rubbish. its ok for families as they have kids disco etc. food was ok for 3 days but then it was repetitive and greasy. if you like chicken you will love it here as it's a muslim country and it's all they eat. breakfast is boring, beans on toast, egg on toast, beans,egg on toast.then beans n more beans. no bacon :( or sausage :( they had spicy sausage which was horrid. overall food was poor repetitive, bread was ok. marmaris is a lovely place and you need to explore in the day on a boat trip i recommend the jeep safari castaway with thomas cook the tour guide is one of the funniest men i have ever met. you pay extra through thomas cook but definetly get your moneys worth and proper insurance you wont be dissapointed. we went out once at night and was the last. the men just dont leave you alone we only walked 500 yards they dont take no as a answer trying to get you in restaurants and shops they spoil the place at night. everything is fake in marmaris, from ciggarettes,clothes,food,money,people etc the list goes on. overall quality hotel and pool,spa let down by quality of food.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Buckstar29
Tipton, UK
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We spent a week at Blue Bay Platinum hotel, really well refurbished. Good room layout and facilities, shower/fridge in room.

Very good sized pools, with slides for kids, very good kids club (both girls looking after the kids had there work cut out) but were excellent. Both my kids aged 8 and 6 said they were very good.

I could be critical and upload pictures of mould in bathroom but I think you have to take the bad with the very good at the hotel.

We stayed in Room 2005, it was overlooking the quiet pool, however the room situated at the end of the corridor meant it was noisy and you would always hear people walking back and forth, late at night it would be a bit annoying.

Our room had a Flatscreen TV, with a USB out on it, this was a good way to charge our mobiles. Rather than to use the mains charger. If I knew that before, it would have been one less thing to carry.

Wifi in hotel was mainly lobby/lounge based, around the corner from the lounge bar with the all inclusive drinks were of good choice and readily available without much wait.

Negative points about hotel, I did see a couple of children get hurt of the slides on the pool. This was on the Saturday 29th June... there was nobody supervising or being on guard and there were a load of older children using the slides and acting silly.
If you are to send your children in this area, you need to supervise them yourself. Later in the week, there was a guard/pool attendant which was very good.

I had my towel pinched it would appear. I had an instance where my lad had a nose bleed and went to take back to our room, whilst doing this (around 5:30pm) left my towel by the pool area.

It was then nowhere to be found. I asked at guest relations every day and it was not handed in, although others had been. May sound trivial but it held a lot of sentimental value as it was a present from a friend whom has now passed away and it had been everywhere with me.

We found the food of a varied and vast choice but it got very repetitive I would say my stay a couple of years back at Club Julian, the food was much better. We ate out a few of the days and had lovely meals at Kontes restaurant in Icmeler.

Also if you get photos taken at the hotel, be prepared to re-mortgage your house to pay for them. We did not want them taken, but after a discussion we agreed. The manager gave us a price of 750 Lira for the pictures. I told him where to stick that... and he was like we are going to delete them tomorrow etc usual sales rubbish.

Photos were still there on last day, my advice is take your own pics or if you are going to want to buy them then haggle like mad, or buy on last day of trip unless you go with a huge holiday spending budget.

Had massage at the hotel, was very good. But reading other posts felt could have haggled a bit on the prices there too.

Bus stop right outside the hotel was excellent going to Marmaris centre, but for some reason as the time got later you would see umpteen buses go past without picking you up, even if the bus was empty... if anyone knows why this happens that would be great. We would be stranded with the family or at times on own with other people waiting and very annoyed.

Weather was excellent throughout the holiday, definately got hotter around 2-3pm.

If I were to goto Marmaris again, I would stay at the hotel again but only on Half board or Self catering option if that was possible. Otherwise I would go back to Club Julian purely as food is better and there is a kids play area outside with climbing frame/swings/slides etc.

Room Tip: If travelling as a family ask for room overlooking quiet pool, but try and avoid corridor noise if p...