“Great Hotel but needs some improvements”

Blue Bay Platinum Hotel
Ranked #20 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Amman, Jordan
“Great Hotel but needs some improvements”
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

the hotel is so goooodd , its location its food its staff everything is awesome especially the food .. But there is one drawback is that they need to improve their cleaning staff and room cleaning !! Because they didn't change our towels for three days until we claimed that we will post this to net hahaha ( we did already) anyway I recommend this hotel especially if it's all inclusive :) btw I've returned yesterday :)

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Nadineiz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (420)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
essex
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My girlfriend and I have just returned from a 10 night stay at Blue Bay Platinum. Upon arrival at 3am we were checked into our room promptly and had our cases carried upstairs which was a nice welcome.

Our room consisted of two single beds rather than a double but we simply pushed them together, the wardrobe is quite small yet adequate and the room offers a safe and TV (both which you have to pay for). The cleaning was usually adequate but was not every day, we had an issue one day where a sheet was put on our bed containing a big blood mark - I phoned reception to try and explain and they seemed very confused. In the end they said that they would send a cleaner up but no one did! Our room looked out onto the pool with the slides, it was an ok view but do try to ask for pool view when you check-in. Each room contained an electric panel on the outside which contained an electric doorbell, we were awoken 3 separate nights at around 3-4am by all the doorbells ringing out, I did contact guest relations and they informed me that when the power goes out in Marmaris, the hotels generator starts immediately triggering all the doorbells - I do not think this is acceptable and it should be resolved. As well as this, we noticed that our floor just consisted of young British couples and on one night we were again awoken by shouting at 3am, I phoned reception and security did resolve this promptly.

We ended up eating out every evening as we did not feel as if the restaurant catered for our needs regarding dinner. Dinner consisted of pretty much the same food each evening, mainly fish dishes. My girlfriend got chicken one evening, cut it open and it was red raw inside, so most certainly not worth the risk. We ate breakfast in the hotel most mornings and it contained a good selection of hot foods, fruits and cereals. We ate lunch around the pool bar occasionally, the food was a bit hit and miss. I did order a chicken kebab wrap one afternoon and spent the night on the toilet - so do be cautious. Make sure that you use your one free ala carte token, we used it in il primo and the meal was great.

We spent a few days around the pool and the animation team do their best to get everyone involved. This can sometimes be a bit annoying if you just want to relax and every 10 minutes they are asking you to participate in a different activity. However, the chill pool was an animation free zone so do go there if you want to relax away from activities and loud music. The beach was pretty average and for a platinum hotel I would assume that the all inclusive should apply at the beach - wrong. You have to pay for drinks. The marmaris beach is not great, we jumped on the dolmus for 2.50 lira to icmeler beach.

Do expect to get a lot of hassle when you leave the hotel, either walking along the marina or along the shops. When we were not interested we just said 'no thanks' and even then comments would be made such as 'shame on you'. My girlfriend also got called a 'gypsy' in a perfume shop because we didn't buy anything. Just have your wits about you, as when we was out there a young guy was stabbed in a shop after his girlfriend tried to return a handbag and is still critical in hospital.

Paula the Thomson rep is great and as this is her only hotel she is usually around to help resolve any problems or give advice. We booked the Dalyan checkout trip on our last day as our flight wasn't departing until 1.55am. I would say that this trip is well worth doing but don't expect to see loads of turtles as we only saw one! As well as this, scrap any expectations regarding the hotel which they check you in to before your flight - we stayed at Palme Hotel if you want to TripAdvisor it! We also went on a boat trip (Kaptan) and jeep safari, both cost £10 including lunch, extremely good value (the boat trip in particular). Do wear your seat-belts on the jeep as they drive like madmen and two women have recently died on a jeep safari crash nearby in Fetiye.

I would also recommend that you take just English money with you - they love it and you get much better deals!! The exchange rate out there was 3.54 when we left compared to the dire rate in the UK. There are change places everywhere in Marmaris, but do make sure you work out what you are owed. I changed up some money for the airport on our last day and realized before leaving the shop that I had been shortchanged 10 lira, I didn't even need to say anything, as soon as I turned around he took my money and gave me the correct amount - crafty!

Overall, the hotel was good but I do feel that some areas need to be addressed in order for it to live up to its other platinum rivals.

Room Tip: Ask for pool view - take English money
2 Thank lc15
Studley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This is a modern hotel that has all the facilities you would expect.. On arrival we were allocated a room which had a poor view, we told reception and was offered two other rooms both which were what we were looking for. All the rooms appear to be exactly the same, a bedroom,bathroom with shower,balcony. The storage space was a little tight (long dresses could not be hung in the wardrobe as the were shelves towards the bottom). I must add the the aircon was the best we have had with a remote control that worked, nice and quiet if you turn down the fan.
The location is good situated on the main shopping area yet only a 100 metres to the beach.
There are 3 swimming pools plus a children's pool. If you want peace and quiet I would recommend the one nearest the road away from all the music etc. The main restaurant was clean and well set out for buffet stile. I have to say that there was plenty of choice( if a little repetitive) my only concern was that English stile food was a little sparse I never saw bacon or sausage for the whole week. There is also a Al a carte at a charge. The nighttime entertainment was ok and the entertainment team worked hard. The staff were excellent and really helpful. We would recommend a stay at this hotel and will probably return ourselves

Nuneaton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2014

The blue bay platinum hotel is a visual dream as you walk through the door and this extends throughout from the rooms to the pool areas.

The reception staff are always happy to help and even when they are busy they can still afford to smile and greet you which is very pleasing.

The hotel rooms are bright,clean and pretty much all of them have a pleasant view. Ours was cleaned everyday and towels changed daily if you wanted. You have a fridge in your room which is free to use to keep your water,drinks cold.
T.V is not free but it costs something like 10TL for 5days.

The main buffet restaurant is very spacious and there is always seating. The food is plentiful and enough choice to please even the fussy eaters ( can be slightly cold as the evening goes on ) but usually the food is warm enough.

Pool areas are clean and there are plenty of sunbeds for everyone but maybe more umbrellas needed at times. For couples i recommend the relax pool as hardly any kids head this way !!

Bars are well stocked and most of the staff are always cheery and polite,one tall turk barman i met was a bit of a ignorant dope but everyone else was lovely,the lounge bar in the evening is the best ( best service ).

The Turkish spa was amazing ( top tip ) on your 1st or 2nd day see " Antonio " to book you in for the " tanning programme " , this involves = steam room,sauna then a Turkish bath by lovely ladies followed by a face mask and then a full body tanning oil massage !! That part is mind blowing. Every year i normally burn slightly but after this treatment i did not burn at all and i have not peeled at all yet either.

My overall experience staying at the blue bay hotel was one i wont forget and i would urge anyone thinking of going to please do so.

2 Thank Tye38
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

I am just home from my stay to Blue Bay Platinum and it was amazing! It was the first time I have visited Turkey and was a little sceptical with what to expect but was soon proved wrong!
The hotel was spotless, every day our room was cleaned with fresh towels and bedding provided, along with bottles of water in the fridge (free of charge).
The food was also excellent, the only thing I would say is.. The hotel should look into labelling the food as it was hard to see what everything was! Especially at the salad sauce station!
My friend and myself were there for a week and not once had an issue with the sun beds! You can reserve a sunbed for up to an hour then your towel gets removed which is fair enough. Chris who offers scuba diving is constantly full of banter and is definitely something to do! Best experience ever! Paula the thomson rep was brilliant! She couldn't have done enough for her customers and was always avaliable if you had any issues or even wanted some recommendations! The entertainment team was always on the ball and very very friendly! Some of the shows at night need a little practice but definitely provided a lot of entertainment! I would definitely visit the hotel again.. It made my first trip to turkey the best holiday ever!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Megan J
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Well been back a week and miss this hotel and all the wonderful staff immensely, we arrived early hours on 31/05/2014 for two weeks, we have stayed here three times before but in the old classic building. Now it's all one, and the work that has been done is fantastic. We arrived to find sandwiches and a drink waiting for us which was a fabulous touch as we had been travelling through the night.
The hotel is spotless, staff are amazingly friendly and courteous, Restaurant is more than ample size for guests and the food is the best I've ever had, variety and quantity, never an empty section as restocked constantly. Bar staff and restaurant staff all smiles and always helpful and speedy and clearing tables etc. entertainment team are great. Vahap and Nicola are fantastic and will endeavour to help where needed.
Yet again a fabulous stay, rooms are great and tidied regularly, defo booking again for next year and taking our son as when we face timed on the hotels free wifi he was totally jealous lol

Room Tip: Defo use the spa, Antonio is great and the Bali massage is amazing
3 Thank Tanya_smith54
Rabat, Morocco
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I really liked this hotel and everything in it from the animation team 'till the guys there especially that guy Kadir. I look forward coming back there with my friends. Keep on working guys. Good Job.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo