“Nice and clean”

Blue Bay Platinum Hotel
Ranked #19 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
“Nice and clean”
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

If your acceptions are high and want luxury thats not the right place.
If your acceptions are avarage, thats the right place.
We stayed for two nights.
It doesnt have a good beach, but it has a nice pool.
The rooms are clean and the staff is friendly.
It's not for local tourists, it's perfect for English Tourists.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Serkan A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (402)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Got to the hotel on July 1st 2014. First impressions was stunning. After seeing some of the drop offs couldn't have hoped for a better looking hotel. I'm going to split this review into sections

Hotel - very beautiful hotel . Could tell money has been spent and been spent well from decorations to materials used very nice and modern. Two very large pools and 1 quiet pool . Sunbeds were to get hold off. The rooms were beautiful very nicely kept and up to date couldn't fault anything . The maids were lovely and willing to help no job to big and all they asked for was a thank you.

Surroundings - was told by a thomson rep to not book trips through stalls if you value you life . Clearly trying to make bonus could not fault any if the stalls they look after you as if you were there own . They try to charge you a lot but haggle them down and you can't go wrong

Food in hotel- all the food was beautiful to look at but not my type of food loads of fish olives stuff like that. Snack bar was nice kebabs, burgers, fish , chicken nuggets and onion rings. Ice cream and waffles . Best waffles ever!!

Stayed August 2014
5 Thank Ben S
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Never smelt toilets quite like it in a four star hotel. Or anywhere that ever ran out of toilet paper nor have I ever left a room cleaner than how I found it! The toilets are not cleaned or checked all day no matter what state they are in.
We booked this holiday last minute and to be fair we got what we paid for.

Never been to a hotel where the bedding wasn't changed or the room wasn't cleaned or the restaurant was so disorganised. No attention is paid to cleanliness or service. The only member of staff who treated everyone the same was Medica who looked after the relax pool bar, which wasn't quite relax as people could do what they wanted whenever they liked and would not be told any different. There are notices everywhere about sun bed reservations which don't actually mean anything, when we were there people had towels on sun beds at both pools and just followed the sun round the building, they reserved sun beds from 8am until around 2pm when they could be bothered to move. Disorganised no standards. It's a shame because this could be a good hotel.
Wifi only available in reception even though the router was right outside the room.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Julie J
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Myself and boyfriend stayed here for 11 nights. We arrived late at night and were greeted with a fast check-in and sandwiches and drinks in our room waiting on us. We were on the 4th floor with a poolside room. The rooms were smallish but we did not spend that much time in the room. The only thing i could fault was that the walls were thin meaning we could here all the rooms around us and that housekeeping only made the beds. The air conditioning was also v good. This is a modern hotel and is good for young couples. It has a fun energetic atmosphere with a classy side too.
The pools were a good temperature, the pool side food had a selection of onion rings, kebabs, chips, spaghetti, chicken nuggets, waffles, ice cream, burgers and pizza. The bar was also great.
Can't wait to return to this hotel! Loved it!

6 Thank Chihuahua1995
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2014

5 Star hotel. 7 Star Reception staff especially SEDA YESIL ! We were there 2 weeks and we never got bored ! Good hotel, good water pool , good Food and also good people ! I will recommend this hotel for everyone , very good holiday !

7 Thank Florin D
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

We have stayed in numerous hotels in marmaris over the last fourteen years, and this ramsham of a hotel is by far the worst. They should not be allowed to use the word platinum, which I think is very misleading and thompson should drop this from the collection. The food was just about average, but the restaurant is no way big enough to cope with all the guests, which the vast majority where arrogant noisey russians.
The hotel layout is all over the place, and it looks like they have bought apartment blocks and made them part of the hotel. The drinks are of poor quality,but the bar staff are friendly enough.
I cannot understand why this hotel has as many good reviews as it has, maybe it's something to do with the woman in guest relations telling you to make sure you give the hotel a good review, as she wants to make into the top five.
there are far better hotels in marmaris, anastasia, grand azure, the aqua in ichmeler, and the Green nature diamond which should be ready next year.
would I recommend this hotel, no chance.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Jim C
Weston-super-Mare, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2014

wow where to start, we booked this holiday with Thompson for two weeks in blue bay and I must say it's the best hotel I have ever stayed in with my boyfriend, everything about this hotel is just amazing I have no complains what so ever, really friendly staff so polite, very very clean hotel room were cleaned everyday, the smell of hotel was just lush, friendly animations they were lush I love them all sorry can't name them all... The games were fun the night time were brilliant there was always something on , food - amazing, drinks really nice I loved the sex on beach I'm ligh weigh is it got me drunk little bit but your on holiday so why not :) I've been to Turkey 3 times but never have I ever stayed in blue bay, but if I could ever recommend this hotel I would 100% people go there is the best hotel in marmaris you'll ever get trust me even we paid over 2 grand but I don't regret it is not about the money is about how the place sis and is moden just stunning I'm so so happy I've stayed there but also very sad I'm back from holiday, so trust me and go book your holiday there because I definitely would again in my life is the worth the money and you'll have the best time if your life believe me :)

8 Thank Jess C