“First appearances can be deceiving.”

Blue Palace Apartments
Ranked #35 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
“First appearances can be deceiving.”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We stayed at the blue palace before it was renovated in 2011. Myself, My mother, My sister and her two children (15 & 13). We arrived in the early hours and due to the road the hotel is located being so small, the transfer coach had to drop us a little further up the road. We had already decided we didn't like hotel, because of the location. That first night it felt like it was in the middle of nowhere. We were greeted by Ramazan, the hotel manager, and our luggage was taken up to our room for us. The apartment was clean, two single beds and a wardrobe in the bedroom, the bathroom had a bath and shower with a large mirror spanning the length of the wall. The next morning we were greeted by Ramazan and the rest of the staff who were very friendly. We eventually found out the location was perfect. The staff go above and beyond to make you feel welcome, one night Ramazan helped us order pizza as we knew very little turkish which we decided to share with the staff as it was BOGOF. Ali, the chef was hilarious and made the best chicken kebab wraps i've ever eaten. It was my sisters birthday while we were there and they had ordered a birthday cake and made the whole occasion very special. Ramazan would order cabs for me so I could go meet friends in centrum and had arranged for the same cab driver to pick me up from the same location so I didn't have to walk home alone. A year later I decided to go back with my niece who was younger than me. She got ill and was hospitalised. Ramazan was excellent and arranged for a doctor to come to the hotel and transfer her to hospital. He also would drive me down to the hospital every morning on his moped so I could visit her. The friendly staff make this hotel. It may be small but the experience of this hotel has had me returning to turkey every year since. Thank you Ramazan for an amazing stay..

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank CharChar K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Turkish first
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stayed at the blue palace apartments at the beginning of June and what a lovely holiday we had ALL the staff were helpful hard working , our apartment was spotless clean we couldn't find any faults with this hotel Evan the manager welcomed us on arrival . If you are in any doubt before you go , there is no need to worry it's lovely . We would go back again .

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank leigh g
hull
Reviewed 24 June 2014

stayed at blue palace 6th to 20th june read reviews all seemed fine until arrived. if you having breathing or walking difficulties would not recommend this hotel. no lift in hotel section had to climb 2 flights of stairs with grubby carpet up damp mopped never hoovered. rooms look large on internet but this was deceiving.had to pay more for air-con that had paid in marmaris on previous trips ,plus English t.v .also had to pay to keep room on until 6 pm as was not getting picked up until later but did not arrive until about 12.30 pm on arrival so surely room was booked for that day. went half board. evening meal was not buffet as stated but order from the menu as only few paying half-board customers.food was either cold or cremated. on last evening went for evening meal at hotel with friends who we went with they all ordered main meal at same time as me and were served i was told the pizza i ordered would be another 15 mins . they had all finished and i still waited our friend whom we was with after 30 mins went to the kitchen were a pizza had been delivered from outside and the chef slide it from a brown paper bag onto a plate. we had lots of trouble with fridge not working and was not replaced until a week. rooms full of mosquitoes. had to walk down dirt track with ditch at side to get to main strip in marmaris with barking dog and then a long walk after that to get to main shops each to his own though some people may like this but my holiday was totallyruined for me

Room Tip: if you have breathing or walking problems would not recommend
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank sandrahall58
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Booked this hotel for our anniversary, I was looking forward to staying at this hotel based on the good reviews on trip advisor and attractive pictures on the website. However, firstly I will warn you NOT to book with Thomas Cook as you do NOT get a Resort Rep as they advised “the hotel is too small and not busy enough to require their attendance”. When we arrived, we were dropped off at the end of a dirt path and had to walk in the pitch black about 50m as the coach and resort rep could not be bothered to drop us to the hotel front. The surrounding grounds of crops and overgrown grass is lonely and there are dogs which you have to walk past to get to the hotel which are always barking in the morning and evening. Checked in at 2:00am to find out the apartment I paid an additional £60 for was not ready until next day at 5:30pm so had to live out a suitcase and stayed in a HORRIBLE apartment on the rooftop which was very small! I have attached pictures so you can see this is 100% truth! To cut a long story short I will list the various things that went wrong with our stay and other residents at the hotel:1)      Toilet not working for first few days.2)      Suspected mosquito nests in the rooms as a few of us were getting bitten in our sleep despite doors and windows being closed.3)      Hotel tried to charge people hundreds of pounds on checkout when they had already paid their bar tab each night.4)      Air conditioning started leaking for a few days and was not repaired.5)      Manager was very rude to guests when someone made a complaint, no ownership of the problems in hotel.6)      Pictures of hotel/ apartment rooms are highly deceiving as a majority of the rooms do NOT look like this. People who had hotel rooms were complaining rooms are too small and asked to be moved to apartments instead.7)      You have to pay for air conditioning, safety deposit box AND Television – very expensive.8)      The chef who cooks the food was smoking in the kitchen – very unhygienic!9)      The chef put out mouldy bread and I had to make manager aware as they were mixing fresh and mouldy bread together.10)  Hotel is infested with mosquitoes due to surroundings of crops and grass – perfect home for wildlife. A majority of people were covered in mosquito bites by the end of the holiday.11)  The English women who was working with the hotel was lovely but decided to leave the job early due to all the complaints of hotel.12)  The bar staff are lazy and it is hard to find staff on duty most of the time. They decide to serve people who they like, they do not serve based on who is queuing.13)   The hotel food is AVERAGE, we missed breakfast several times – go to dominoes or the Taj Mahal much better food and reception.

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank HotelHunter2011
Lancaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Hard to fault!!! John and his team have a brilliant hotel there, may not be 5 star but its excellent value for money and your needs are catered for as much as humanly possible. Would definitely go back !!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank MRRRR_12
manchester
Reviewed 15 June 2014

What can I say, excellent service, hospitality, cleanliness..... The list goes on!
The Manger and his team bend over backwards for anyone, the amount of hours they put in is something else?! Would definitely go back!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank sunflower4304
London
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I was abit weary to go into blue palace as it wasn't a 5 star hotel. However once I went in, I didn't want to leave. The staff are just fantastic and always available to assit their guest with anything. Even the manager was very nice and friendly as I didn't think this would happen. But all members of staff from manager to even the chefs were just so great. The breakfast bar is really good as they have a variety of food and you can serve your self as many times as you would like. I had their dinner once and their desserts were unlimited too. I only had dinner once as I was bread and breakfast. But yes and their cleanliness of their hotel and rooms are spot on and cleaners are their if you need them to clean your room. They have a good outdoor area which many people use to get their tans going. Overall I would say I had a very good experience in blue palace and it's being rated too low for what it really is. It's more like a 4 star hotel. Well done blue palace and I would defiantly would go back there.

• Stayed June 2014