“Emre was everything we expected and more”
Review of Hotel Emre

Hotel Emre
Ranked #40 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
“Emre was everything we expected and more”
Reviewed 10 September 2013 via mobile

We arrived 30/8/2013 for a 2 week stay. This was our 3rd year in a row at Emre, and to say we were impressed with the renovation is an understatement. I emailed prior to our arrival requesting a certain room but could not be accomodated but the room we had was brilliant. Due to illness in the family at home, we had to cut short our holiday by 1 week, and the staff could not have been more helpful. Octang (I don't know if correct) the barman is a breath of fresh air and so polite. People are being critical of the food & drinks. I never went hungry, as I always found something I liked. I drank the vodka and can assure you that it was not watered down, it just isn't smirnoff but is local. Spotless is all I can say & Fatima who cleaned our room was lovely & always had a smile for us. We asked for the rear of hotel as it is quiet. Yes it's wasteland but the Hotel has nothing to do with this, appart from putting up a very high wall lol. I spoke to the owner one night after dinner and what a lovely lady. We haf the turkish bath as we always do, but this was the best one yet, sauna, steamroom, mud pack, scrub & foam, massage & facial .....excellent value at £35 each and a great start to our holiday. We were gutted to have to leave early, but we're already going to book for next May. As a previous reviewer said pay for 5 star if this is what you're looking for, but reading reviews from nearby, so called 5 star you'll be shocked as to their idea of 5 star. I will be back Emre.

Dear Angela;

We appreciate that you have covered and clarified several of the issues mentioned in other TripAdvisor reviews, such as the "watered down drinks" myth:)

We are sorry you had to leave early; I hope the patient in your family has recovered. But we are glad to read you'll be coming again next May. We are looking forward to hosting you again.

Best,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

Having read some of the other recent negative reviews I was amazed and felt that I should submit an honest appraisal of my recent 7 night stay. Having stayed at the same hotel last year, we were delighted to see the renovation that had gone on at the annexe. They have clearly spent a lot of money and it has been most worthwhile. The reception area is impressive, the new bar is comfortable and cool and the rooms are superb with the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on (including my own at home). If you are polite to the waiters and bar staff they are friendly enough, treat people like you would expect to be treated, they are not slaves !!!
Pool was clean though sun beds could do with replacing. We eat out every night despite being all inclusive but only because we enjoy a walk up the seafront choosing a different place to eat every night. We ate breakfast and lunch in the hotel every day and it was fine, freshly cooked fried eggs and omelettes and everything else you could ask for, including fruit, cereal, breads, cheeses, olives, and endless other choices. There is wasteland at the rear of the hotel and quite a busy road out the front, we stayed out the back and slept very well. Towels were changed when we left them on the bathroom floor and rooms were cleaned daily. The all inclusive drinks are local and not known brands but they are ok. My suggestion if you want 5 star service with top quality food and drink would be to pay more for your holiday.

Well done Emre, keep up the good work. And think about replacing the sun beds !!! :)

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Sir or Madam;

Yes, it is indeed a realistic and fair review; we appreciate that you have taken the time to write it.

We are always happy to hear from repeat guests who can confirm the impact of the renovation. We are also glad you noticed the bed; we spent so much time choosing it- and even had to drive to Antalya to seal the deal.

Just a small point: Both the beer and wine are from well-known brands. The beer is from Tuborg, one of the top two producers in Turkey, and the wine is from a top-three or five producer. And the hard drinks are from Diageo.

We appreciate the feedback on the sunbeds. We'll definitely replace them when the season is over; they wouldn't come before October anyway even if we ordered them today.

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Booked this for our anniversary' requested and emailed before we left nobly to arrive and be go end a room at back (overlooking the tip) when asked go be . Asked to be moved but wres told u need to pay 400 pounds plus 40 per night extra to move from back we refused and we're then told pay 200 ponds and we shown a room overlooking main road, we refuseD. We spoke to many sthers who had same problem or been double booked, they had . Moved and paid extra, I think it's some kind of scam so the more expensive room get purchased when guests arrive as we had been told hotel that the hotel was full but if you pay you can move. We still here for another week, still they will not move us. Th staff apart from the 'receptionists who are rude and arrogant including Zainab the mansgeress are great. The foot is abysmal and I am sure the drinks are watered down, you can drink all day and not feel it. Think again about coming here if you want 4 star because it certainly is not. The position of the hotel is great it's just the hotel Emre not the beach hotel. We will certainly not be coming back here for the money we have paid it is not worth it.

Room Tip: Book beach hotel not the annex
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Dear Madam;

While we try to accommodate specific room requests as much as we can, we cannot guarantee them, especially when the hotel is fully booked. We did get your email and tried to give you a seaview room, but we couldn't. Therefore, our reception manager Zeynep, who you mention as well, showed you different rooms, but you didn't like any of them. Then, Zeynep told you that she could move you to a panorama room at our sister Emre Beach Hotel across the road. That was the only room available the hotel, and she gave you a significant discount on the upgrade price. Please note that rooms at Emre Beach Hotel are more expensive than those at Emre Hotel to begin with, and the panorama room is the most expensive room there.

We feel that your other comments about the hotel reflect your displeasure with the room issue; therefore, we don't feel the need to go over them in detail. Suffice it to say that there are plenty TripAdvisor reviewers who have confirmed that the drinks are not watered down; they have witnesses new seals being broken.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

First of all I'm not a picky person and I'm easily pleased but our stay at the Annex was one of the worst experiences we've had.
Me and my family had booked our first family holiday together to marmaris to hotel Emre. The first few days were amazing. The food was great and the balcony in our room was massive.
After a few days the food became repetitive and the drinks were very limited (especially for all inclusive). Certain staff members were very rude and had no sense of hospitality towards anyone.
The shisha/waterpipe tasted like concrete and was a rip off of 30TL. To be honest most of our nights were spent at Dora hotel just 1 min away, and with cheaper shisha and MUCH better drinks.
Halfway through our 11 night stay my mum had a major incident. She was on the balcony and the wind blew the door and the corner cut her ankle. The cut was so deep that she
actually went pale because of the amount of blood she lost, we called an emergency doctor and he closed the cut... 10 stitches. WHO THE HELL needs 10 stitches from a damn door?!?! We paid 450TL to the doctor. We complained about the door being very dangerous and before they initiated an investigation the hotel sent a couple of staff to sand down the corner of the door. Sly tricksters. We spoke to Mr. Emre (hotel owners son or grandson or whoever the hell he is) and he would not take responsibility for what happened and spoke about the incident very carelessly. All he said was what he can do is give us a suite for the price of a standard room 'next time'. NEXT TIME?! HA! You're having a laugh, I'd rather burn for eternity before we come back to bloody Emre. When we asked for a copy of the report of investigation he refused to and said we're not allowed a copy. My mum was a victim of a lack of health and safety, she has every right to have a copy of the report. Honestly, I think Mr. Emre is the biggest excuse of a man and shouldn't be allowed to be in charge of incidents like this. I mean how can he tell my mum it's her fault because she was walking in the area where the door closes. Is she meant to leap on the damn balcony to avoid having her foot almost cut off?! He irritated the hell out of me and was extremely rude towards us. Most the time I didn't even understand what he's saying, how can one of the hotel partners not speak understandable English? But the lowest thing they done was charge us for calling the doctor. 3TL. How low. They have killer doors that ruined my mums holiday and they charged us for the damn phone call??? Wow.
They told us that our health and safety was the main priority but clearly not since they were so careless about what happened. My birthday, my mums birthday and the family's holiday was ruined because of their stupidity.
Also, a massive hotel like this should have a nurse on site 24/7. The damn nurse is never in! Either she had a day off or the hotel staff didn't know where she was.
We also had to pay 70TL to stay an extra 2hrs on the last day to pack our bags and you have to pay for the wifi on the daily.
Also if you don't tip the waiters they hardly pay any attention to you. So many people would tip the beach boy to reserve a place on the pier when hey only come down from their room for an hour at 2pm, how silly. What about the other people who actually spend time on the beach?
Marmaris was one of the best places I've ever visited, the views and the beaches are amazing but I will never recommend Emre hotel (Annex or Beach) to anyone who wants to relax and get away from rude and dishonest people.

3 Thank Bobbysoso
Dear Bobby;

First of all, we would like to congratulate your mom for being the first person in our hotel's 30 year history to manage to injure herself from the balcony door. With a little bit of more effort, she would have qualified for the Darwin Awards...

Other than this humor to lighten things up, we would like to say we are really sorry for this accident. On our part, we take every measure to ensure that our guests have a safe vacation. We have safety measures in all parts of the hotel. But having said that, we just cannot see how we would be responsible for the accident you described. By the way, the "Emre" you mention is our front desk manager. We did talk to him and checked his conversation with your family from our cameras afterwards. We have not seen any instance where he was rude to you.

As for your other comments: It seems that your impression of Emre Hotel completely changed after the accident. For example, you note that the food was great in the first half of your stay, and it miraculously went downhill after that:) We find this hard to believe, as we have a rotating menu, we always buy from the same suppliers, and the kitchen staff has not changed. Therefore, we feel it would be redundant to respond to your other comments, as we believe they don't accurately reflect your views of our hotel.

Glaagow
Reviewed 1 September 2013

I was at the Emre hotel in June this year with my partner. The hotel was stunning, rooms were gorgeous and very clean also spacious. Although hotel had no pool or food/drink facilities we had to go to Emre beach across the road which wasn't a problem but the pool was over crowded the drinks at bar were hot and service was pool, if ever going back would only stay s/c the food was a disgrace wasn't even a 1* choices..there was none whatever was for breakfast was lunch and dinner. Who eat fried egg with spinach as a breakfast??? Was a disgrace complained so many times and so did others. We started eating out and many food places we were going to had people from our hotel there. Not sure how the rooms were in emre beach but would defo recommend the emre as a hotel on its on just for room but if you are going here for all inclusive don't.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Stephanie-309
Dear Stephanie;

We don't think the food was inedible when you stayed back in June, and there were many guests who liked it. However, we thought it could be better, and so we expanded and reorganized the food list at the end of July. We have been getting very good reviews on the food since then, as the most recent TripAdvisor reviews would confirm.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

Just returned from a one week stay at emre hotel! Arrived around 1:30 am from a very long journey from London! Was checked in quickly and showed to our room ASAP! Wasn't offered refreshments of any kind, so we popped into fantasia food bar next door (open 24 hours) got a quick bite to eat and drink as kids were starving!

Next morning woke up and thought lets sit on my balcony ( my favourite part of holiday usually) but I was shocked to find a rubbish site as my view (upset me but thought I'm not going to complain or try to get swapped because I was planning to do lots of trips) I looked around my hotel room and must say the decor is up to scratch and a pleasure to wake up in!

Staff: not over friendly but not rude either! Suppose they have your money already so waiters don't need to be to over friendly unlike self catering!

Breakfast: repeat the same most mornings might change one thing! But to be fair most people eat eggs beans and toast on holiday. Could of had more variety of fruit as only apples and tiny pears!

Lunch: only had it twice must say a variety a available!

Dinner: variety available to moderate standard! Expect 3 star dining here! Lots of tiny deserts not to my tasting! Needed more variety of fruit once again mainly watermelon!

Drinks: the wine was warm I like mine cold (to my taste) beer was not great but I'm not a big beer drinker! Not EFES which I like! I didn't drink much alcohol if did I went out most evenings!

Entertainment: can't really comment as I was out most days on trips or at my parents hotel club Aida (more entertainment and kids friendly music playing, parents not allowed to visit me in hotel emre) in evening ate out or went to bars along the strip.

Cleaned:my room was made up daily maids are good in this hotel!

If you are coming to Mararis and staying in hotel emre with family that are not in your hotel, be aware they will not be able to visit you or spend day with you in your hotel unless each person pays 120 TL (£35) each there was 5 of my family so would be quite expensive was cheaper to go on a boat trip!

Go and visit Kev by the sweet corner restaurant for good deals on trips family of four (2 adults 2 children) We went on a all inclusive boat trip a night boat trip / horse riding/ aqua park that's with transport to and from all trips for only £156 for all of us!

Depending on the type of holiday you are looking for this could be your dream or average hotel!

P.s the satellite tv only has 1 English Channel (kids cartoons) so don't expect to keep up with your soaps or chill watching t.v in your room! Wifi isn't free you get charged for this but other restaurants and other hotels let you use theirs for free so if you need to Skype or go online visit somewhere else.

1 Thank Leapea82
Emre_Hotels, Owner at Hotel Emre, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
Dear Sir or Madam;

We appreciate that you have written a detailed review of Emre Hotel. We are glad that you found the decor of your room to be fantastic; we did indeed spend a lot of money & effort in renovating the hotel, and so we are happy it is being noticed.

Please note that we usually have watermelon or melon plus a couple of more fruits at dinner-for example,plums, grapes, apples. But having them is breakfast is a good suggestion; we didn't feel the need before as there wasn't demand for it- we can certainly do that.

Please note that since we are an all-inclusive (AI) hotel, we ask visitors to get an all-inclusive bracelet, which costs 100 liras and includes unlimited meals & AI drinks for a day. So your visitors would not be paying just to access the hotel, but for use of all the facilities, including the restaurant and the bars.

Our WiFi costs 5 liras per day, 25 for the whole week. We did quite a bit of investment and upgraded our Wifi system. We feel charging a small fee is more fair than having all guests absorb the cost by raising room rates.

west sussex england
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Hotel Emre (annex)for 10 nights with two 18 year old lads. We booked with Thomas Cook and arrived at 5.30am, I was not suprised to be dropped at the annex after reading reviews we were not that worried. We had a requested rooms next to our son and his friend but were actually given rooms on different floors, not that worried because of their ages. Our room was on the 3rd floor and lovely with fab sea view over the road, exhausted we went straight to bed and slept for possibly 2 hours before the road noise woke us, it honestly was like having the M 25 under our window, HOWEVER boys who also has road side room were NOT disturbed ( to be fair we live in a village know where near road noise). I went to reception requesting room change to back of hotel , the girl seemed perplexed that we would give up sea view but said she would arrange something, we were sent off for two hours then told to come back at Noon then told to come after lunch!!!! Mid afternoon we were moved to rear of hotel with view of mountains ( and waste land). Much quieter although large hotel at rear played loud music past midnight this did not really bother us as much as the traffic! Now for the basics
Room service
Maid was brilliant towels changed when ever we left them on floor in bathroom, very comfy bed.
Typical AI slightly boring but always found something to eat although we all turned up our noses at the "tongue"!! Ice cream yummy and drinks fine
Miserable waiters and bar staff unless you were single female and under 25, tables in restaurant nearly always messy from previous occupants in the end I helped myself to cutlery much to waiters annoyance!
Entertainment
Exactly as discribed by other reviewers quick nothing for kids and not enough seats this did NOT affect us too much as there is so much to see out of hotel.
Overall good value for what we paid and if we return to Marmaris we would stay at the Emre

Mr Emre this is for you, please do not take the review as critism the effort that has taken place to improve the hotel is clearly evident below is constructive advice on how things could be improved further.
Staff
Get a Head waiter who demanded higher standards of service from waiters, more efficiency in changing clothes when they are soiled and a smile!!!! This goes for bar staff , tip boxes on display but my tip would be smile no matter how hot or tired you are and people WOULD be more likely to tip
Entertainment
Kids disco for an hour in evenings would keep families happy, music around pool for an hour or two per day more entertainment staff the ones you have are great but need more lively helpers,
Pool bar needs opening, having one bar open up steps was H & S nightmare with long queues. The above comments would take very little effort or money but would make a huge difference to people's enjoyment, this hotel does not deserve bad reviews and would with a few tweaks be easily deserve the 4 stars.

Emre_Hotels, Owner at Hotel Emre, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
Dear Madam;

First of all, thank you for having taken the time to write such a detailed review of Emre Hotel. We are pleased to hear that you found Emre Hotel to be of good value, and that if you came to Marmaris again, you'd stay with us again. We would certainly love hosting you again.

We certainly do not take your comments as criticism, but very useful feedback. We will take all into consideration during planning for next year. As for your other points:

Please note that we try very hard to accommodate specific room requests, but it is sometimes just not possible, especially when the hotel is full.

There is a road in front of the hotel, but it is just a one-lane road. Granted it is not dead quiet, especially for guests who live in a rural area, but we always have the back rooms for guests who prefer the quiet to the sea view. As you imply as well, most of our guests prefer the sea view!:)

Our waiters change tablecloths as quickly as they can, but sometimes it may take them a few minutes to notice your table. The restaurant was a man short for a while, which probably coincided for your stay. And we complete agree with your suggestion regarding this issue. Fingers crossed for next year:)