“Lovely hotel”
Review of Hotel Emre

Hotel Emre
Ranked #53 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed 5 October 2013

We arrived at the Emre Hotel on 26th Sept. Booked for 11 nights, family of 5. When we got there we were upgraded to 2 suite rooms as 2 members of the party were returning guests and there was availability.
The rooms were more than big enough for 3 adults n lovely n clean. The standard rooms were also nice n clean as the hotel was recently refurbished.
All the facilities (pool, restaurant, bar) are in the Emre Beach hotel. This is across the road but only takes you 1 mins to walk.
The food is 85% but the breakfast could be improved by having pork sausage and bacon on for breakfast even though it is a muslim country.
The waiters are really good clearing up your tables when you go back up for desert especially Okhan.
The pools are very clean. The cats are not a problem either as they dont bother you. The restaurant glasses need to be larger as you have to ask for 2 drinks because the glasses are quite small. The hotel is right on the beach although the beach needs a good clean as its quite pebbly n dirty. There are not enough sunbeds on the beach either. There are lots of shops around and you could walk down to the harbour going in and out of the shops. At the harbour there is a massive indoor shopping centre. Go and visit Maurit at the Apple Watch Store for watches, beats, sunglasses and perfume.
The aquadream water park is the biggest. Behind Mcdonalds 10 min walk from the hotel. We paid £11 each to get in.
Very cheap to eat out. You can eat out a 3/4 course meal for about £10 each. Also dont paty the asking price for anything. You can nearly halve what they start at!!
We would return to turkey again and would stay in the Emre hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013
Emre_Hotels, Owner at Hotel Emre, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Dear Diane;

We are very pleased to read that you found Emre Hotel to be lovely, and that you'd return. We would certainly love hosting you again.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

Where do we start booked 7 nights booked 6 weeks before we stayed (21st-28th Sept) arrived at 3am very tired but check in was very quick and bell boy good. We stayed on a front room and did find traffic noise at first but we live in a street that has little traffic so was just unusual and it never bothered us for rest of holiday.

A couple of negatives for me first
1 the pool area is NOT for sun worshippers like me as due to height/closeness of buildings the sun cant get through.
2 Small beach area meant my partner had to be up at 7.30 to put towels down (we stayed at excelsior and he had 2 get up at 6.30 hey these things happen on holiday and to be honest if we werent all inclusive plenty of room at 3 brothers next door just buy a drink and the beds are free.
3 The entertainment on an evening is good but not very long which lets it down.

Now for the good points
1 People who moan about "the food" what do you expect????they serve Turkish food (funny that as we are in Turkey) have to say no issues ...yes some of it wasnt to my taste but plenty of choice and i never went hungry (cutlery as stated can be a problem but i witnessed a russian family go back at least 4 times and wanted clean cutlery every plateful???? in 7 nights not once did i think anything was undercooked i did hear people moan "its not very hot" been all over the world and all inclusive has always been the same.
2 Staff always polite and eager 2 help.
3 THe room was fantastic lots of room great shower and cleaned regularly.
4 The drinks were ok people expect too much in my opinion yes sometimes the vodka wasnt the strongest but hey just meant i drank some more.
5 The beach yes it isnt the cleanest but its not dirty either and there are plenty of watersports for anyone feeling adventurous.

Overall i would definately recommend this hotel.....ignore the negative comments as some people are never pleased value for money was excellent and i have come home relaxed and happy to look back at a great holiday.

Hope my HONEST review will help you to choose this hotel.

Room Tip: Annex rooms of superior quality
3  Thank suzannescott
Emre_Hotels, Owner at Hotel Emre, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Dear Suzanne,

It is indeed an honest.

We are glad to read that you would recommend Emre Hotel. You have clearly explained why you would, and we appreciate that. We hope you visit us again next year.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

We stayed at the Emre Annex, at the rear of the hotel. Brilliant!!!! The annex and it's rooms were bloody great! We were at the rear of the annex overlooking a barren field...so what? Ultra quiet. I don't sit all day looking out over a view, we sleep in the room, end of. The Food was ok. Varied but typical Turkish fayre served up for the homesick Brits. I was NEVER stuck for something to eat. If you don't want something ie:chips, don't eat them...simples! The staff we met were courteous, helpful and polite.
The sunbeds were full from sun up to sun down however; if we couldn't get one we simply walked in either direction, bought a pot of tea and had a free sunbed all day. 10 TL... not a fortune is it?
We went for two weeks of idle, laid back , no hassle sun..and thats what we got! BRILLIANT!
I couldn't fault the accommodation or the staff.
If you want to experience Turkey, go to Istanbul......... If you want a no frills, laid back, lazy holiday in a nice pleasant hotel, book here!!!!

Room Tip: Forget the view, book for the rear of the annex. Ultra quite!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Emre_Hotels, Owner at Hotel Emre, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Dear Steve;

We are very pleased to hear that your recent stay at Emre Hotel was brilliant and that you liked the food, you couldn't fault the accommodation and the staff. We hope you'll visit us again next year.

Reviewed 1 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here from 16th Sept until 30th Sept, I was in the Emre across the road from Emre Beach, road wasn't an issue like others complained about - takes 2 secs to cross.

First impression great, lovely decor, bell boy showed us to our room which was on the 4th floor ( an attic room ) if they had told me that before they showed me I would have kicked a fuss but I'm glad they never as the room was amazing! Myself, my husband and his brother were sharing and the room slept 4 people then there was another room which slept 2 people. Our balcony was lovely sun beds and table & chairs. A good wee sun trap.

The lift was a bit smelly if I'm honest but they lifted a carpet which was in it and it got a bit better.

Across at Emre Beach where we used the pool facilities, was lovely too, pool area was clean - pool was freezing but just what you need on a roasting hot day. Didn't have any problems getting sunbeds, although sun didn't stay long in one place but this isn't hotels fault.

Bar was a bit annoying as had to go upstairs for drinks when there is a perfectly good pool bar there not in use.

My major complaint is the food. I have never seen anything like this. For an all inclusive holiday I had to eat out most nights. No great choice for kids. Most dishes were Turkish or polish or Russian. Considering there was a lot of Scottish and English there I don't think we were catered for. A few times lunch was ok the baked macaroni was lovely. I did have brussell sprouts one night and inside it was proper brown! It wasn't fresh. Disgusted me so much I couldn't eat rest of meal.

All in all lovely hotel but food lets it down majorly. I don't think I would return purely because of the food. If this was fixed then I would definitely return. Such a shame as its in great location and hotel is lovely. Advice is go to three brothers next door for a lovely meal. They're spaghetti carbonara is amazing.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank LeeannCassidy85

Dear LeeAnn;

We are glad you loved your room at Emre Hotel. We indeed spent a lot of time and money renovating the hotel, and it is great to know our efforts have not been in vain.

Please note that we have 180 unique hot dishes that we rotate on a two-week basis. Some of the dishes are indeed Turkish, but many are not. In fact, we don't have any Polish or Russian dishes, I doubt our cooks would know any such dishes:)

Reviewed 29 September 2013

Not sure where to start!!! From beginning to end (problems) arriving at 4am we got took to are room ,to find it hadn't been cleaned .. finally after hour/2hours after cleaners had been called in it was ready! Road noise was loud but got use 2 it! Swimming pool useless/ entrainment shocking / not enough sun beds on beach..if u wanted a good sun bed b up at 6am!!! Food was average/!!!!!!DRINKS!!!!!!might as well been NON ALCOHOLIC had 2go out everynight for this reason plus no entertainment ...which then u got ripped offffff!!! RUDE staff at hotel n OUT!!! BAR street ( DO NOT GO) very very nasty place n people...2beers £10 English pound I refused 2 pay that much..so I then got told 2 [--] off n pushed out the bar!!! As a young girl that is NOT ok!i heard a lot of story's that we're similar! The two things I will say we liked was the SUN&SEA .........money money money is all they want which is understandable but I've been some amazin places n don't mind spending the money when u hear polite respectable people

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank LuluElai
Emre_Hotels, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Emre, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Emily,

Thank you for your very positive review. We were glad you mentioned our great decor and style; we agree the hotel definitely has the 'wow' factor.

The noise from the traffic seems to calm down after working hours have passed. We do have quieter rooms at the back of Emre Hotel that we would be more than happy to move you to availability permitting.

Our food is of great quality and very tasty, we value our guests feedback and as a result of that we seem to be improving in every way, now that the hot nights have arrived we will be doing show cooking also which pleases our guests no end.

It sounds like you got the chance to enjoy our great beach and pier, our guests really enjoy relaxing with a cocktail and taking in the beautiful scenery.

Once again thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and recommend us. We hope we will see you again in the near future.

Kind Regards

Lindsay Eglinton
Guest Relations Manager
Emre Hotels

Reviewed 28 September 2013

We stayed at the Emre Hotel (annex) for 10nights 16-26 Sept, and whilst there was room for improvement on some aspects, we enjoyed our stay. The room was comfortable and spacious enough for us, although our room required some minor repairs when we arrived (broken toilet roll holder, missing hand rail in shower and the top/hand shower poured at same time) but we didnt report them as they weren't really an issue for our stay and I can only presume that the cleaner had reported the repair already and they are going to fix when season ends!

We were on the 3rd floor rear side (which I requested in advance as wanted a change from traffic noise which we currently have at home). Yes it overlooks what appears to be wasteland/chicken farm (and what we called a crater caused by a ufo landing lol), but unless you're spending your holiday sitting on your balcony looking down, its unlikely to ruin your holiday. You could hear the mosque calling several times a day (to be expected in muslim countries) and the chickens/dog that lived on the "wasteland" and also the entertainment from nearby hotels/bars but thats hardly the hotels fault, it happens to most holiday resorts that are set in residential areas and have several hotels in close proximity to each other!

The road is no busier than a dual carriage way in any town, just remember to keep looking in the right direction when crossing and you will be fine as I had a near death experience on the 1st day when I looked the "uk" direction of the road and almost stepped out infront of a fast moving car!

The food met our expectations for all inclusive, I've had better but I've also had worse, my hubby is a very fussy eater and he never starved although I would say that they do need to make sure the food signs actually state what is being serves (one time they called brussel sprouts "broccoli" and the turkey/chicken dish labels were in the wrong place)!

I would not say the drinks were watered down, the cocktails were nice, but there was one or 2 times when they were stronger/weaker as they do not measure the spirits, infact one time I watched a barman make my drink and accidentally forget to add the spirits in my cocktail, but I didnt correct him as thought it was amusing and it was our last drink of the night anyhows, but I'm sure if I did he would apologise and rectify.

The staff work very long hours, I would say they were all quite friendly towards guests, but some speak very little english so just smile and nod which is fine as to be fair I couldn't have a conversation in with them as I know very little turkish! They were very flirty with the ladies, and the ones who spoke english liked to banter with guests, they also tried to keep kids entertained.

There is room for improvement in the restaurant, hopefully they will upgrade it to the standard of the emre hotel ready for next season and maybe provide more cutlery cups & glasses in the restaurant (there were plenty of plates!) as we'd often find there weren't any at breakfast and had to drink out of polystyrene/plastic cups.

the beach area is quite small for the number of guests, we managed to get beds on the beach by getting up at 8am and putting our towels down before breakfast, but we never got beds on the decking as they were all taken by towels. I found it very frustrating that many of the beds were "taken" but never used until the afternoon, I can only assume those guests were reserving them for when they returned from their days out or their morning by the pool, I think there should be a strict policy on reserving the beds for too long like they do in many hotels nowadays (eg no use for 2hrs the towel is removed for another guest to use) could not comment on the pool as preferred to be by the beach.

We booked our turkish bath through Brad Pitt, he was very friendly and the treatment was very good value, however again the spa itself is need of a freshen up which I hope is done ready for next season (the steam room smelt soo bad I couldnt sit in there!) they could also maybe provide dry towels once your towel is wet through too and maybe use clean towels on the massage tables, but other than that it we enjoyed it.

Overall I think this is a nice hotel with alot of potential, they should consider becoming an adult only hotel as there appears to be limited childrens facilities/entertainment though. I would consider staying at the emre hotel again & would recommend it to friends ONLY IF the emre beach dining/bar & spa areas were improved to the standard of the Emre annex upgrade, given that the bar is through the hotel up stairs it may be nice to offer waiter service to guests to prevent the stairs getting wet/covered in sand, if these little improvements were made when we were there, then I would have scored the hotel 4/5 out of 5, maybe we'll make another visit in a few years and re-score!

Room Tip: may not be suitable for families or if have high expectations of 5 star hotel. the front of the h...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Emre_Hotels, Owner at Hotel Emre, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2013

Dear Sir or Madam;

We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at Emre Hotel.

We appreciate that you have taken the time to provide your feedback, which was very useful. We were already considering some of the points you made, such as renovating the spa and the restaurant- and so your comments have given us confidence that our reasoning is right.

Please note that we do the fixes right away, so the small glitches in your room should have already been fixed...

Best,

Reviewed 26 September 2013

Me and my partner stayed here for 11 nights on the 11th Sep, Our room was clean, spacious, bathroom was spotless and you couldnt fault it. The hotel and facilities were really good and the staff were very polite. Me and my partner were worried about the food as she was 15 weeks pregnant but we had no issues at all with the food. We ate well everyday and i had no issues with the drink, You never had to que for long if at all and the beer comes in big cups. No complaints what so ever. Ignore all the bad reviews as these people should stay in England as they want english food and arent happy unless there moaning. Its in a good location with plenty of shops and bars on your doorstep.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Emre_Hotels, Owner at Hotel Emre, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Dear Sir;

We are very happy to read you found Emre Hotel to be great. We hope you'll visit us again soon.