“2ND TIME IN 4 MONTHS - AMAZING!!!!! MY HOME FROM HOME.”
Review of Club Exelsior

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Marmaris
Club Exelsior
Ranked #10 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed 4 November 2012

Okay so let me start off by saying I was here in June for a week and I LOVED it that much we booked up again for October. I got back yesterday and reading some of these reviews I wonder if you people were actually at the same hotel as I was.
Lets start with the basics. I arrived at the hotel at 11.30pm checked in and dropped my bags off in my room and went straight down to the bar area to be greeted by the biggest welcome ever and Akin one of the waiters there came straight to us and took our order of drinks. SERVICE HERE IS AMAZING. We then progressed to the nightclub the hotel own Aquara Blue, and again the welcome was AMAZING. The lads who work there can not do enough for you, so people who say they are rude and don't bother with you are lying.

The food in this hotel is unbelievable and SO cheap. I would reccomend the TURKISH SPECIAL and CHICKEN SOUTE they are to die for and again and so cheap. The snack menu is amazing aswell toasties, wraps, pasta, breakfasts are all good size and value for money! If people fault this food they either didn't even eat there or don't have taste buds.

The drinks - I literally lived on Peach Schnapps and Lemonade and once they ran out of Peach Schnapps as I'd drank all the bottles they went and got some more in from another hotel, if that isn't service I don't know what is. 8pm-9pm is happy hour which is buy one get one free on all local drinks which is great, then 9pm-10pm is cocktail hour, I recommend the Exelsior Special. Its lovely. The drinks after that are cheap and good value. ALSO IF YOU GET A TOM SYSTEM FROM RECEPTION YOU CAN GET UP TO 20% OFF FOOD AND DRINK BY TOPPING IT UP, MUCH EASIER THAN CARRYING MONEY AROUND.

The entertainment and workers - They are unreal and work so damned hard, No matter when you go be in the start, middle or end of season they have so much energy and make you feel SO SO welcome. A few names to keep in mind are Akin, Tom, Jack, Apo, Yusuf, Hahmet, Huseyin and the ENGLISH Entertainment staff is LISA. She is incredible and has been working at the hotel for 11 years. During the day she gets the kids involved in games and keeps them occupied. Depending on the capacity of the hotel she will do bingo during the day and does it every night at 9pm. If you have a problem with this or don't like it don't play it. Its fun and for 10TL it is nothing. I won twice whilst I was there and its a bit of fun. As for people complaining about entertainment. Whilst I was there we watched X FACTOR the saturday and sunday which was funny to see who everyone was routing for, A quiz which was hilarious. There wasn't as much entertainment as their was in June but there was an option for entertainment every night but as ONLY 1 FAMILY wanted to join in it couldnt go ahead. There was also a karaoke night which was a good laugh and remember to enjoy yourself.

I actually can not fault this hotel AT ALL. I came in June and booked it straight again once I was back. I met some amazing people there who I am actually coming back with in June for my 21st. If you can't enjoy yourself and have a laugh this hotel isn't for you. Its amazing value for money and if you want to moan about everything don't go on holiday. You may enjoy Blackpool more.

Some of you complain about ridiculous things, paint chipped, torn wallpaper. Do you seriously go on holiday looking for bad things. As long as it has a bed and a shower I'm sorted. If you want 5* pay for it. The hotel is getting revamped during the out of season time, Would you rather they work on the hotel around you? the smell of paint? drilling. No? So stop nit picking and saying WORST HOTEL ever. Alot of Club Exelsiors customers are those that have been going for years and years.

DON'T LISTEN TO THE BAD REVIEWS THEIR NONSCENCE THIS HOTEL IS AMAZING AND I RECOMMEND IT TO EVERYONE. I CRIED ONCE I LEFT AS IT LITERALLY IS A HOME FROM HOME.

Room Tip: A pool view room is a little nosier, but has the better view.
23  Thank Jade B
There are newer reviews for Club Exelsior

Reviewed 1 November 2012

i have been goingholiday to dalaman marmaris for neary 12 years now and i have stayed in couple hotels the one i thought was best was annastatia but i got boring as nightlife was alwas same year after year the hotel is spotless manager pleasent but tere were only two pools one was adult pool and deep over 7 ft other was meant to be for kids im 5"2 and i got into kids pool the water went right over my head i got a scare as i cant swim i asked management why is so deep he said it not as deep as big pool i try tell him if kids pool it should only be about 3 to 4 ft depth i had to sit in sun roasdtin watch ppl play in water in end i had to go in held on to the side just to kool down so that is a blackspot for the hotel also there was nothing for kids to do and some kids were crying with boredome .Last year i said i going diff hotel so i tool walkn across road to have a look at club exelsior it was full ppl laughing and entertainment during day i saw three pools one ith kids playing happy with big slide for tem in it and another pool with big slide fr adults and children with parents every person who worked there looked busy so i booed up went in june this year at first our rom looked into the back we didnt like tis we asked next morning the manageres if shecould find us diff room hopefully pool view but out of 300 rooms there are only 5 pool vews straight ahead we were told come back after 12 a see what she had for us i was so very happy nd grateful that thismanager listen to what we said and se gave us pool vies only 3 floors up it was great at anytime you can go to her ask whatever ure need is she will try hardest to make u feel qelcome and important the nightlife was awsome ad funny every night somethingdifferent and staff joined in dancing at night the food is really good and drink cheap enough specially wen happy hour start you can buy as much drink u want like five vodkas u will get ten this could do all night te turkish night is a must the way it prepared and set out is quality clean i ate things i never had before as it looked good on dish lol then puddings are fab also play bingo great laugh i wuld recomend this HOTEL EXCELSIOR TO ANYONE GOIN TO MARMARIS AS IT NUM ONE FOR EVERYTHING I WOULD RAE IT OUT OF TEN AND GIVE IT TEN AS THERE WAS NOTHING COMPLAIN ABOUT club annastatia asked why i was not staying with them so i told them bout kids pool the entertainment and music poold dancing in the day was brill unlike annastatia u cant hear music as it turn down low unless the havana boys doing thier dance i love annastatia but always will holiday in excelsior across road from anastatia thanks to the team for giving us great holiday it was so good i got home in september and booked another week for the october but it rain season ten best go latest september

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank monkeymagig
Reviewed 31 October 2012

second time here once in club junior this time the annexe loved it going back next year.party of 12 all happy to go back next year rooms great and nice and clean food really nice (the steak pie and the gorgonzola steak mmmm) also nice food at dantes and the english fish and chip bar on the corner.entertainment team fantastic lisa,carlos,dj dodo,bar staff lovely yusuf,jack,anil,apologies if spelt wrong and to those missed out.reception so helpful needed a doctor during the holidays (ear problems) dr came examined and prescribed then script delivered no problem.all staff very trustworthy saw the maid run after a lad getting on the coach with his wallet he had left in room (samieha)well see you all next year lol carole x

Room Tip: the annexe is quieter you have the choice of having a bit of quiet time the club junior if you want...
3  Thank carole p
Reviewed 30 October 2012

We have recently returned from holiday ( my 3rd time to exelsior ) and was just as good as every other time!! The rooms are basic but very clean. We were on the 4th floor and as my friend has a bad hip we were moved to the second floor no problem and no charge the receptionists were very helpful. Would defo recommend this hotel for families, friends and couple.
The entertainment staff were amazing Lisa was constantly on the go making sure everyone was having fun can honestly say she made our holiday. Lisa and dodos bingo during they day was very entertaining. Waiters were so helpful and fun especially Akin and jack. Bar staff Erman and Apo were good and must say Apo is the happiest person I've ever met. They also have a nightclub just down the road aqua blue that was very good.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Tilly_TinaScotland
Reviewed 28 October 2012

We arrived on 20/10/2012 for one week's stay at Club Exelsior on a self-catering basis. We were initially a little disappointed with our room on arrival as we found ourselves with no view or privacy (other apartments could see directly into ours). We asked if we could change and were delighted to be given another room the following morning with no hassle by a very friendly hotel receptionist named Zelda (she was first class); there was no charge for this!

The apartments are a bit dated perhaps and workmanship not first class but they are kept quite clean with regular visits from hotel maids who provided regular changes of bedding and towels. If one was really fussy you could look into avery nook and cranny and find fault I am sure but I was quite happy on the whole. The beds were a little hard but I have slept on far worse in this country I can assure you. There was free air-con in the bedroom, which was more that adequate for our needs. If you wanted air-con in living area you pay extra for this. A safe is provided in the room, which does have a combination-lock system as well as a key but for some reason we had to use the key, which is a wee bit of a hassle.

The hotel staff team are quite young and they are all extremely pleasant, professional and really good to deal with (as well as hard working). In fact they could pass on quite a few lessons in hospitality to hotel staff in this country. The entertainment is not to my taste but this is what comes with a package holiday and you choose whether or not you want to be a part of it or do your own thing. They are quite strict on bringing food brought to poolside, which has not been purchased on the premises. I was a little surprised to find that drinks are provided in real glasses around the pool area but I only witnessed one glass being broken and it was swept up by hotel staff immediately. I think some child must have had a slight mishap in the pool and staff were very quick to close the pool and clean/treat the water to avoid any potential bugs being picked up.

As we were self catering we ate elsewhere most of the time. We did attend the BBQ night (a regular feature on a Wednesday night) and the food was not that great.

The location of the hotel is not ideal for the beach but a number 2 bus gets you into town for 2TL (1TL for child). For a party of five a taxi is marginally more expensive but will get you to exactly where you want to go in the town.

Room Tip: avoid room 323 (I think) which has no view
Reviewed 27 October 2012

this was the best holiday ever we stayed as a party of 12 with the ages ranges from 5 >50 and we enjoy every minute of it. we would highly recommend eating at dantes and the fish and chip bar . we met many brilliant people there and the entertainers were brilliant lisa and carlos, there was always something to do for everyone and the bar staff were lovely and friendly and always up for a laugh. we ate at the hotel a couple of times and the food was great and cheap just like it was everywere . now to the rooms they were basic but had everything you would need like microwave, fridge, kettle, beds, table and the room was cleaned everyday by the maids and beds changed and towels so dont listen to the comments that the maids dont clean because they worked very hard and made sure our rooms were cleaned everyday. we went on the boat trip and the jeep safari and would highly recommend both they were absolutely brilliant and cost 10 pounds each with u cant complain as u got drinks and food on both that was included in the price. so anyways we will indefinably be coming back next year.... cant wait!!!!

Room Tip: the annexxe is lovely and a bit quieter than the main hotel but if you have trouble getting up stair...
1  Thank imogen89manchester
Reviewed 26 October 2012

We stayed here for 2 weeks with Our 3 children and had a lovely holiday, the rooms were quite dated but the maid service was anazing and we always ate out so this was not a problem, the staff were all friendly and worked so hard, the entatainment team were brilliant, it is not the sort of hotel we normally stay but there was alot more for the kids and once we got settled was probably a better holiday than we wud if had somewhere else, we would definatly return to this hotel again, our 6 year old has not stopped dancing to the cd since we returned home, in my opinion a holiday is what you make of it so keep an open mind and ignore the bad reviews

• Stayed: October 2012