“brilliant for all”
Review of Club Exelsior

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Marmaris
Club Exelsior
Ranked #9 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“brilliant for all”
Reviewed 19 January 2013

we have stayed in lots of diffrent aparments and this place is class,lisa and carlos do the place proud keep up good work mark&emma,theres lots to do for every 1 all ages,the entertainment is realy good and pool games also and pool dancing

• Stayed September 2012
4 Thank markmarshall1970

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
  • Turkish first
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 January 2013

We arrived at excelsior in the early hours of the morning, and found nobody to greet us at the reception desk. We waited for around twenty minutes for somebody to check us in and show us to our room. Due to the time, we went to straight to bed, expecting to get a good few hours sleep in order to start our holiday the following morning, but that was not to be. The room was one bedroom, with a average double bed, and a temporary bed base was set up in the kitchen for the kids. It didn't even have a mattress. They complained, so we switched with them, and had a lack of sleep throughout the holiday. The pool area was small, and overcrowded, and we found ourselves going down at 5am to reserve sunbeds, and then coming back up to the room, to at least try and regain sleep. We stayed at the junior excelsior, right next door to the main one, and it had no entertainment what so ever at night, which caused problems next door, as everybody went there, so there were no seats left. It's a fair walk from marmaris centre, about 25 minutes and it's 13tl for a taxi, however there are numerous bars and restaurants nearby, our favourite was summertime breeze, who offered delicious food and hospitality as they were friendly, but not too full on, which is what you find with the general Turkish, and there prices were low in relation to other restaurants nearby. I Would definitely recommend eating there. Coming back to the complex, it wasn't as clean as I would have liked, although wasn't too bad. The rooms were cleaned everyday, and the bed sheets were changed, but the pool area wasn't as good/clean. The staff were rude and ignorant, not very friendly at all. We spent the majority of our holiday at the Amaris, straight across from us, where my brother and his family were staying. The facilities weren't great within the hotel, as they were on the 4th floor and there was no lift, however the staff were lovely and very friendly, especially Ryan, Lucas and Eddie, and they all very good with the kids. They were very happy to let us use the pool, and bar. I would recommend staying here, if you wanting to book in the area, but asking for a ground floor room!! Wouldn't recommend Exelsior what so ever. If you're in the 18-30's range, and not a huge fan of walking or spending 30tl on a taxi everyday, I would suggest finding a hotel nearer to the main area of marmaris where all the main bars and night life is!
The air con was a plus, you have to pay on arrival I think we paid 52tl for air con and safety deposit box for the full two weeks, it worked well, and we had no problems with it! Although if you want to leave it on whilst you're out, be sure to ask for an extra key, to put the electricity activator, otherwise it won't work!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank megan g
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 November 2012

Just come back from our week in Club Excelsior. We had a very good holiday. As it was the end of the season in fact we were the last to leave. Now Marmaris is closed for winter.
We really wanted to stay in Junior Exelsior but as it was the end of season they had closed Junior.
Club Exelsior is a little out dated but we were told that they are doing it up this winter. So next year it will be as good as new. Even though it was out-dated it is a good hotel for the price. We had read before that the beds were hard but that is not true, they were very comfortable and the over all rooms was spacious. It might be a little small for a family of 4 but for 2 it was very spacious.
We had Room number 208. This room is facing the swimming pool so has a good enough view. BUT it is very noisy as the restaurant is just about under and on the left so i would suppose that in season with the music on till the early hours of the this room is not ideal for old couples and couples with very small children.
We arrived at the hotel very late at night but as I had already sent the hotel an email they first apologized that 'JUNIOR EXELSIOR' was closed so we had to stay in the main hotel. It was good to know that they acknowledged my email. The staff were very friendly. There is no staff to take your luggage to your rooms so we had to take that ourselves. This we didn't know as we hadn't been self catering before. But as there were lifts it was fine.

Overall a good hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms over looking the pools are the best ones as they get the sun. Our room was 208.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank kuki-2
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 November 2012

just come back from hols 5th nov had fantastic time went for my husbands 50th birthday, would like to thank all members of staff for making his birthday special and the whole holiday brilliant. hotel is very clean and spacious food good entertainment very good the staff are so friendly and funny its like going to your local pub lots of things to do for kids and adults theres a tattoo shop on sight my husband had one done its really good, good advice on after care. there is also jewellery shop i bought a ring for good price would recommend going in having a look the owner does not hassle you, he is very nice if he hasnt got what you want he will try get for you, my husband also bought a lovely watch. many thanks to lisa and lady on reception the day we were going home we had a problem nothing to do with hotel but they sorted it for us they were brilliant.
would recommend.

thanks again for amazing holiday lisa, jack, ahmid and others sorry cant remember everybody names.

Room Tip: we stayed on 3rd floor room 320 very nice view of mountains.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank ellen m
harlow essex
Reviewed 5 November 2012

i have bin going to this hotel for the last 9 years .my best mate got married in this hotel .we got home on 29 oct didnt want to leave could have stayed longer.we stayed just round the corner in a near by hotel this time .but we spent the whole time in the exelsior.next year i will be booking the exesior for our two week stay.the staff are so nice and frendly.they cant do enought for us .didnt know what to have for dinner so the waiter said try the turkish dinner it was so nice i had it twice .the swimming pool is lovely my sun and his mate enjoyed the slide evan went down with tom the manger of the bar.cant find a thing wrong with this hotel its just FANTASTIC .i loved playing bingo every day won a couple of times great fun.we all joined in with the club dances round the pool and end of the evening in the bar every body got up and danced.cant under stand why u couldnt have a great time here its a FANTASTIC PLACE TO STAY.CANT WAIT TO GO BACK and see every body .

Room Tip: doesnt matter what room you have they are all clean and tidy so who cares.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank carol b
Leeds
Reviewed 4 November 2012

Okay so let me start off by saying I was here in June for a week and I LOVED it that much we booked up again for October. I got back yesterday and reading some of these reviews I wonder if you people were actually at the same hotel as I was.
Lets start with the basics. I arrived at the hotel at 11.30pm checked in and dropped my bags off in my room and went straight down to the bar area to be greeted by the biggest welcome ever and Akin one of the waiters there came straight to us and took our order of drinks. SERVICE HERE IS AMAZING. We then progressed to the nightclub the hotel own Aquara Blue, and again the welcome was AMAZING. The lads who work there can not do enough for you, so people who say they are rude and don't bother with you are lying.

The food in this hotel is unbelievable and SO cheap. I would reccomend the TURKISH SPECIAL and CHICKEN SOUTE they are to die for and again and so cheap. The snack menu is amazing aswell toasties, wraps, pasta, breakfasts are all good size and value for money! If people fault this food they either didn't even eat there or don't have taste buds.

The drinks - I literally lived on Peach Schnapps and Lemonade and once they ran out of Peach Schnapps as I'd drank all the bottles they went and got some more in from another hotel, if that isn't service I don't know what is. 8pm-9pm is happy hour which is buy one get one free on all local drinks which is great, then 9pm-10pm is cocktail hour, I recommend the Exelsior Special. Its lovely. The drinks after that are cheap and good value. ALSO IF YOU GET A TOM SYSTEM FROM RECEPTION YOU CAN GET UP TO 20% OFF FOOD AND DRINK BY TOPPING IT UP, MUCH EASIER THAN CARRYING MONEY AROUND.

The entertainment and workers - They are unreal and work so damned hard, No matter when you go be in the start, middle or end of season they have so much energy and make you feel SO SO welcome. A few names to keep in mind are Akin, Tom, Jack, Apo, Yusuf, Hahmet, Huseyin and the ENGLISH Entertainment staff is LISA. She is incredible and has been working at the hotel for 11 years. During the day she gets the kids involved in games and keeps them occupied. Depending on the capacity of the hotel she will do bingo during the day and does it every night at 9pm. If you have a problem with this or don't like it don't play it. Its fun and for 10TL it is nothing. I won twice whilst I was there and its a bit of fun. As for people complaining about entertainment. Whilst I was there we watched X FACTOR the saturday and sunday which was funny to see who everyone was routing for, A quiz which was hilarious. There wasn't as much entertainment as their was in June but there was an option for entertainment every night but as ONLY 1 FAMILY wanted to join in it couldnt go ahead. There was also a karaoke night which was a good laugh and remember to enjoy yourself.

I actually can not fault this hotel AT ALL. I came in June and booked it straight again once I was back. I met some amazing people there who I am actually coming back with in June for my 21st. If you can't enjoy yourself and have a laugh this hotel isn't for you. Its amazing value for money and if you want to moan about everything don't go on holiday. You may enjoy Blackpool more.

Some of you complain about ridiculous things, paint chipped, torn wallpaper. Do you seriously go on holiday looking for bad things. As long as it has a bed and a shower I'm sorted. If you want 5* pay for it. The hotel is getting revamped during the out of season time, Would you rather they work on the hotel around you? the smell of paint? drilling. No? So stop nit picking and saying WORST HOTEL ever. Alot of Club Exelsiors customers are those that have been going for years and years.

DON'T LISTEN TO THE BAD REVIEWS THEIR NONSCENCE THIS HOTEL IS AMAZING AND I RECOMMEND IT TO EVERYONE. I CRIED ONCE I LEFT AS IT LITERALLY IS A HOME FROM HOME.

Room Tip: A pool view room is a little nosier, but has the better view.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
23 Thank Jade B
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 November 2012

i have been goingholiday to dalaman marmaris for neary 12 years now and i have stayed in couple hotels the one i thought was best was annastatia but i got boring as nightlife was alwas same year after year the hotel is spotless manager pleasent but tere were only two pools one was adult pool and deep over 7 ft other was meant to be for kids im 5"2 and i got into kids pool the water went right over my head i got a scare as i cant swim i asked management why is so deep he said it not as deep as big pool i try tell him if kids pool it should only be about 3 to 4 ft depth i had to sit in sun roasdtin watch ppl play in water in end i had to go in held on to the side just to kool down so that is a blackspot for the hotel also there was nothing for kids to do and some kids were crying with boredome .Last year i said i going diff hotel so i tool walkn across road to have a look at club exelsior it was full ppl laughing and entertainment during day i saw three pools one ith kids playing happy with big slide for tem in it and another pool with big slide fr adults and children with parents every person who worked there looked busy so i booed up went in june this year at first our rom looked into the back we didnt like tis we asked next morning the manageres if shecould find us diff room hopefully pool view but out of 300 rooms there are only 5 pool vews straight ahead we were told come back after 12 a see what she had for us i was so very happy nd grateful that thismanager listen to what we said and se gave us pool vies only 3 floors up it was great at anytime you can go to her ask whatever ure need is she will try hardest to make u feel qelcome and important the nightlife was awsome ad funny every night somethingdifferent and staff joined in dancing at night the food is really good and drink cheap enough specially wen happy hour start you can buy as much drink u want like five vodkas u will get ten this could do all night te turkish night is a must the way it prepared and set out is quality clean i ate things i never had before as it looked good on dish lol then puddings are fab also play bingo great laugh i wuld recomend this HOTEL EXCELSIOR TO ANYONE GOIN TO MARMARIS AS IT NUM ONE FOR EVERYTHING I WOULD RAE IT OUT OF TEN AND GIVE IT TEN AS THERE WAS NOTHING COMPLAIN ABOUT club annastatia asked why i was not staying with them so i told them bout kids pool the entertainment and music poold dancing in the day was brill unlike annastatia u cant hear music as it turn down low unless the havana boys doing thier dance i love annastatia but always will holiday in excelsior across road from anastatia thanks to the team for giving us great holiday it was so good i got home in september and booked another week for the october but it rain season ten best go latest september

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends