“Excellent”

Golden Orange Apart
Ranked #49 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed 1 July 2011

We stayed in the Golden Orange Apartments on the 12th June for 14 nights. What can I say the Accomodation is very basic but our 2 bedrrom apartment was cleaned every day. The bedding was changed every 3 days and fresh towels every day. We eat in the apartment restaurant called he Simpsons a good few times through out our stay and the food was great and good value for money. The waiters were great espically Simon and Ozzy they made us feel really welcome and were excellent with the kids. The apartment had a different acts on every night followed by the staff dancing every night. The only con was the Air contioning , we were charged £50 a week for a 2 bedroom apartment. There were plenty of restaurants aroun the hotel and the one we visted the nost was the Red Rose for a family of 5 our avergae bill was arounf £35 for meals and drinks, remember to always check your bill espically in the golden orange if you are running a bar bill and clear before the night . Excursion are dirt cheap, there is a guy called james a block away from the apartment that does you excellent deals because you are staying in the Golden orange and because his brother owns the accomodation. Good trips the all inclusive Boat trip, Turkish Baths, Jeep safari, Quad Biking, and Horse safari, all theses attrcation for a family of % cost us around £130. Overall excellent holiday and we are definately going back next year to the same apartments.

6  Thank rdld01

Reviewed 27 June 2011

It is a shame that the manager has no control over the noise levels or his waiters at night. From 11pm until at least 4 in the morning, all we could hear in the corridors were shouting, screaming, singing, running, whistling........at that was just the teenagers behaving badly. The adults returning to their rooms at night were worse. There were also a number of prank calls to the room at 3 in the morning.
When we complained to reception, they made a lame excuse saying there were lots of teenagers staying......yes including my own but I ensured that they bothered no one.
The waiters  ozzy & simon were only interested in the young girls.. !!!  Chasing them round the pool allday grabbing them & throwing them in all the time & at night pesterd them to go to late nite discos with them ! With 2 teenage girls myself I was afraid to leave them out of my sight ! By the end of the 2 wks me & husband was exshasted  & couldn't wait to get home !!!
For families with teenage girls who want a enjoyable holiday...avoid this monstrosity of a hotel at all costs. !!!!

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank Mellmarv
Reviewed 26 June 2011

Dont listen to negative reviews on here, im a female and stayed here for 10 days on the 2nd week of June. I stayed in a studio and it was cleaned everyday and my sheets and towells were changed about 4 or 5 times. I ate a few times in this restaurant and the food was good enough, but i did not get hasselled when i went out to eat at different places. I also got my hair done, i think it was called C&R or something like that, anyway, its on the same side of the road as the golden orange just up a few metres up. I got my roots done a cut and blow dry for only £26.00 and it was beautiful, they really know what they're doing. All in all a brill holiday, there is a bus which takes u to the centre just outside the hotel, the marina is the last stop, but it is also worth going to point centre but u will have to walk up along the beach front for about 10mins once u get to the marina cos i dont think the bus stops there. By the way the rooms are really clean (no creepy crawly's) and the pool is really clean with a great water slide. Fantastic value for money and i will definatley go back.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank lornao1
Reviewed 16 June 2011

OMG this holiday was FANTASTIC!!!! Just got back from 10days, me my partner and 6month old, and my sis and her boyfriend and we had an AMAZING time!! The bar staff were FANTASTIC!!, rooms were fine (just basic rooms what u pay for-but it had what we needed!), hotel was always clean! food was really good (reccomend the testi kebab!)
IGNORE the bad reviews!! We are looking at booking again for next year-shame we cant afford for later this year!!

5  Thank Huffaluba
Reviewed 16 June 2011

We have been going to turkey for 20yrs all areas.Lots of hotels in marmaris.i can tell you that the restaurant staff at this hotel are the most rude , ignorant staff we have ever encountered.I can virtually guarantee that any good reviews will be from people who have eaten in there often,the staff then of course treat them well.The hotel is set up so you have to walk through restaurant to leave and are therefore open to abuse if you arent eating there.We would have had a few meals there but they refused to let my sister in laws children play on any games because they hadnt eaten in there often enough, they had in fact had breakfast once and had been there two days. Self catering normaly means you have the choice, ie eat in ,or go to restaurant of your choice.someone should explain this to them.The apts are basic but ok.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank joseph2186340
Reviewed 15 June 2011

best apartments we have stayed in in turkey all staff very good especially with kids; food is 1st class no hassle what so ever deffo going back next year mole,sue,chloe

Room Tip: all rooms 1st class
3  Thank mole1963
Reviewed 15 June 2011

Just returned from a week here some reports are bad but take no notice i was by myself but after a few hours felt like i knew everyone. Staff are great food is really good and overall it is a nice place to stay and unwind. Sit at the bar after your meal and just watch the staff dance after a few you will be up with them just enjoy

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank sticks07
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marmaris
High Life Apartments
#34 of 234 in Marmaris
Hermes Hotel
Hermes Hotel
#47 of 234 in Marmaris

Been to Golden Orange Apart? Share your experiences!