“Rude Staff”

Golden Orange Apart
Ranked #49 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed 17 October 2013

My friend and I have just returned from a one week stay at the Golden Orange and although we read the reviews about staff being rude we went with an open mind.
The Room
The room was basic but adequate and was cleaned everyday by the lovely cleaners who were always pleasant. We had a leak in the bathroom and reported it to our rep and when we returned to our room found a squeegee mop had been put in the room. We chose self catering but with only two electric rings and a kettle there was not a lot you could cook even if you wanted to. We had no hot water and talking to other guests who had stayed before they said the water was only on between 3 and 5 in the afternoon. We only managed 3 hot showers in the week.
The Staff
Because we only ate there a couple of times the staff ignored us or made rude comments towards us which was quite intimidating, we spoke to four couples who had the same experience. We spent most of the week away from the apartments returning late, but you have to walk through the restaurant to get to your room where the staff would make comments about why we were not eating there. The staff are lovely to people who return every year and do not move from the apartments and eat and drink all day. The reception staff were always pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Frances W

Reviewed 15 October 2013

we stayed here in june 10 of us and loved it so we went back in sep for a week had anther good time hotel is great and you do have a good time we have booked it for 11 nites for the end of june again thanks to all the staff

Room Tip: higher floor
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 October 2013

My partner and I stayed at the Golden Orange last month and absolutely loved it. The bar staff are amazing, up for a laugh and give the place a great atmosphere. We had a mix-up with our hotels and had to stay somewhere for the first couple of nights, but the owner was really apologetic and bent over backwards to make up for it.

The hotel was really clean and tidy and all reception and cleaning staff were very friendly. The rooms were spacious and had options for air conditioning or fans (although they cost extra, but that seems to be standard in Marmaris).

The bar and restaurant were good, although we were on excursions a lot so only ate at the hotel a few times. It’s a proper independent restaurant with good food, not your standard hotel food. We weren’t forced to eat there like I’ve heard a lot of other hotels try.

The pool was nice, although no shallow end which made it difficult for my partner who can’t swim. It has a great slide which goes on once or twice a day.

A few reviews have complained about the bar staff being sleazy and mucking about too much. They’re young guys having a laugh, and the laid back atmosphere was great for us. They’re not unprofessional and are certainly hard workers. They were often joking and flirting with a group of single girls who were staying at the hotel, however they didn’t act that way with girls who were with partners or families.

We had a great experience, and will definitely be going back.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dave C
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Me and my partner stayed there for 2 agonising weeks. I have been to turkey many times and know the area very well. I have stayed there 2 times and the 1st time I had forgotten the holiday as the staff made it impossible to be there at all.
We didn't eat there the 2nd night we were there and they asked why we didn't eat there only breakfast the 1st day? I said we have been on trips and ate before we got there. They didn't talk to us the whole 12 nights remaing there. We got dirty looks off dragon and the other staff and manager the whole time. Anyone that spoke to us they treated them the same but not as bad.as we were leaving I was told never to return to marmaris again or the manager said he will kill me.
I said get your manager and he and all the staff came to drag me off the transfer bus. I was on crutches at the time with a tore hamstring. I am surprised this place has not been shut down.
I told the travell company and the reimbursed £40 for the hotel but could not refund anything else.
Also a cupple were screaming in the lift and we heard them they were stuck there for over 30 min my partner rushed to get someone to help while I stayed to comfort them as I was on crutches the lift had fell 2 floors by the time they came and they didn't even ask if they was ok when they got out, we had to take them to our room and give them water as the lady was being sick.
The staff are friendly to you if you a woman as they are all trying to get you know what.
If you girls and stupid enough to fall for things like that then go ahead
My girlfriend also said they were making suggestions to her while I wasn't there.
Our room not cleaned once
The worst holiday hotel ever. I will go back to turkey every year as usual but I warn you
DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL I am from England and if I see stuff like that ever I will always stand up and stand my ground. The story is worse than this as I can not put into words

Room Tip: Do not stay here warning!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Rell G
Reviewed 26 September 2013 via mobile

This is my 3rd visit to golden orange and each time i have enjoyed it more than the last. On arrival the staff are so glad to see you, remember you from the year before and the welcome is heartwarming. This family run hotel, located in armutalan, run by kadir and his wife already feels like a home from home. The rooms are basic but clean and well maintained. The maids do a cracking job. Reception staff are very helpful and accomodating, nothings too much trouble. On reporting a fault within the room, handy man was their within the hour. The food is lovely with a wide and varied menu and it wont break the bank either. The pool area is of a good size. Not too big, not too small. Sunbeds are planty with parasols available and the water slide keeps kids and adults alike entertained. The bar staff, hamdi, ozzie and salim (new recruit) are attentive and friendly. With orders being processed instantly. Ive loved my time here and hope to join the Alkans here again next year!

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank AnnT63
Reviewed 26 September 2013 via mobile

I have now stayed here several times and each time i leave a very happy customer. Rooms are basic but very clean. Cleaners cleaned every day and changed bedding every 2 days. Pretty damn good if you ask me. The pool area is lovely. Water slide for the kids, a kids pool and a big pool. Water is cold which is great for cooling down after some intense sunbathing1 :-) Cleaning and reception staff are lovely! Always got a kind word to say and they always have the best currency exchange rate in marmaris! The food is gorgeous and very reasonabley priced. Everything is fresh and tasty with a good selection. Reception has a 24 hour shop which is very handy, a pool table for some light competition as well as a wii for customer use. Last but certainly not least, the staff. Such a lovely, hard working group of guys. They really make your holiday. So kind and helpful. They cant do enough for you. Hamdi, Ozzie, Ramis and Mural especially! They work all hours and are still a wonderful asset to the hotel! Kadir the manager is also lots of fun and runs a fantastic hotel. Cant recommend enough! This place really does feel like a home from home!

Emma x

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 24 September 2013

This was my 9th time back visiting Marmaris and I have stayed in this hotel each time...
I have no complaints and any time their may have been a problem kadir the boss is quick to sort it out for us...
No complaints about the restaurant side of things... Food is good..
Staff are helpful and friendly...

I only came home 3weeks ago and my return trip is already booked..

The news agent across the road is also very friendly and helpful along with the clothes shop on the other side of the street....

The playgirls is also a must when visiting Marmaris...

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marmaris
Club Meridmar Apart
#19 of 27 in Armutalan
Seler Hotel
Seler Hotel
#75 of 234 in Marmaris

Been to Golden Orange Apart? Share your experiences!