“a lovely hotel with friendly staff...i will deffo stay here again!!!”

and 1 more site!
Golden Orange Apart
Ranked #56 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Preston, United Kingdom
“a lovely hotel with friendly staff...i will deffo stay here again!!!”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Luckily for me my sister n her family had reached before me n my family, so she stayed up till 11pm to welcome us to the hotel. after collecting the key from reception, we went to our room, which was a two bedroom apartment, with two bathrooms, dining area,two balconies,fridge, kettle, basic utensils to cook a meal. we had a sofa bed in the dining room set up for the kids. went straight to bed ....had a gud nyts sleep..no complain from anyone regarding the beds or bedding,noise etc
around 9.30 niece cums to say hello....within minutes a women guest cums out of rum next door shouting at us to b quiet 'coz shes sleeping'.....which was not called for as half of marmaris was awake n after all we were a family of 6 with 4 kids excited to be on the holiday.
we got served by a boy called murad who was the sweetest 16 yr old, always ready n happy to serve with a warm smile.
the owners wife was a lovely women, who was very kind n helpful.nothing was too much trouble for her.
we were booked on a few day trips so we wud b up early in time for 8.30 breakfast then leave the hotel to return after 4/5 in evening,have a kwik shower[ as this wud be the only time to get sm warmish water] then back out again.
the rooms were cleaned everyday,the maid was very sweet n wud leave fresh flowers, clean towels.beds made, n the room smelling fresh n clean.
the laundry service was on 15tl [£5] for a 5 kilo wash, n given bk clean n smelling luvly the next day.
the pool was large n very deep, but we didn't mind as we were there to enjoy so took a deep breath n jumped in the freezing cold water, which after a few minutes, we wudlnt even feel the coldness.... i had paid for the heater [air conditioner] to b switched on in my room as the nights were quite chilly as were the mornings, so after a cold swim we wud shower n gather in the heater room and soon warm up. i told the manager that the lights were too dim in my room,within 5m the handy man came up to my room with two light bulbs,but upon realizing that i had been only using the dim lights, he showed me the light switch behind the dressing table for the main lights lol
we never eat any meals at the restaurant as we were only b&b n that was great value for money.
at first i thought the fellow members of staff were not friendly but one morning whilst having breakfast i sed good morning to the manger,kadir,as we got chatting i found him to be a very funny man with a great sense of humor,then later as the day went by we wud chat with the other staff too.all were friendly and ready to help n advise us if we wanted to know smthing.
i had read a review that if we asked for something we would usually get, so i never took an iron from home n i was provided with an iron during my whole stay.
i wud most definitely stay at this hotel again, as its very very cheap price.it has a few cafes across the road where we would go for tea/coffee/ lunch....a mini supermarket which sells just about everything u wud want at a reasonable price.the dolmus runs past every so often, The clothes shop alongside the cafe n supermarket gave us great discounts on everything we bought, including a free hoodie, free football top it was just as a kind gesture as it was end of season n we were flying bk home next day.
the best thing bwt this hotel was that as we were supposed to check out by 12 noon on a friday [ as we were only booked for 5 nites] the managers n his wife allowed us to continue to stay in thr hotel until our transfer was going to pick us up 7 pm, she very kindly offered that if we wanted she would call her chef to cook breakfast for us, we were more than grateful for thr kindness, as other guests in other hotels were told to check out or pay extra for either a room or luggage keeping.
we spent the day out n kept our luggage in reception all day,nothing had been stolen or moved, even though they had officially closed on 30th October, n all staff were busy in closing down the hotel.everybody was here n thr n everywhere but no one touched any of our belongings.
the manager kadir was worried hw we would manage without a room, so he opened a room on the first floor for us to rest, n wash , stay till our transfer arrived. the managers mum & sister stayed with us until our transfer arrived and kissed me gudbye....which was a very nice thing to do towards ur guests. this hotel has a nice big swimming pool, baby pool, games area [ ps 3,Nintendo wii, pool table,a small play area for the younger children, a small park with swings n slide. laundry n iron service, a small lift, the best exchange rate which was 3.10tl
great breakfast, nice friendly staff who wud entertain the kids n talk n play with them.
i believe a holiday is wat u make it ...u cant pay peanuts n expect 5**** we don t go to a hot country to spend all day at a hotel. as long as it meets the basic needs of necessity it does the job for me.
already hoping to book again at golden orange next April
ignore the bad reviews sm ppl need to lighten up on a holiday, they need to realize thy get wat they pay for...u want 5**** then this hotels not for u coz its a 3***

Room Tip: keep smiling with a positive attitude and you will enjoy every minute!!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Uk
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Just returned from Golden orange apt, Marmaris Turkey, the hotel is cheap as chips , and so it should be , these apartments are more suited to bunches of blokes wanting/needing somewhere to sleep, beds are hard , pillows are crap, felt like I slept on a marble slab, arrived early hours of morning to find two bar staff waiting to greet us, dumped the cases in the room and returned to bar area for coffee and a QUICK nightcap ! Got more than I bargained for, on return to room found not only money missing but also missing was a bottle of the duty free I had purchased on the way over .( this was removed from inside my hand luggage suitcase) I decided not to dwell on this and make the most of the holiday !!!! (Two days later, my plastic duty free bottle was on the shelf behind the bar, think this was supposed to be available for me to purchase from the bar, Not bloody likely!! I was not about to pay for it twice !!) we ate in the restaurant on the Friday and Saturday , meals were reasonably priced and quite tasty, however when we decided to venture out we found the staff ignorant and rude on our return,
I didn't like the fact that we couldn't actually lock the door from the inside., and after knowing that they had been in the room in our absence, we ended up putting the sofa in front of the door every night, the cleaners and reception lady were always friendly and pleasant but the same can't be said about the bar staff. I felt unnerved and intimidated during my stay. I will not return to this hotel again and would not recommend for female parties !!!!
The pool filter was switched off on the Monday despite the fact there were still a large family staying and also three young English ladies who had a few days left even after our departure on the Thursday, (it is the last week of the season but while you are willing to take late bookings surely you equally be prepared to leave facilities running ?).
On the Wednesday all the sun beds were stacked and removed from the poolside, again we felt we had no alternative than to go spend time elsewhere during the day, only to find the staff rude on our return. Holiday from hell really does feel like an appropriate description.

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank Brandylady57
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Ok this is a cheap hotel, I think we paid £7 per night for the room so I wasn't expecting luxury.

We arrived at 1am and had to walk through the restaurant (yes its embarrassing as there were people in there enjoying the evening) they really should re-open the main entrance as it is screened off at the moment.

The room was basic - we had a two bedroom which as a bonus had two bathrooms. They need more pillows but otherwise room was manageable. You are unlikely to be able to cook an evening meal in your room as it is a two ring plug in stove. Food is reasonably priced though and we were not planning on cooking in our room. Hot water is poor during the day but i had no problems getting a hot shower after about 5pm.

Pool - this was very cold but I expected this in October. A lot of sunbeds were broken although I did see some new ones in the basement beside the steps into reception so maybe these will come out next season. There was plenty of room round the pool as the hotel was fairly quite during the last few weeks of the season. Also each bed has a foam cushion so they are at least comfy.

Noise - we had a room in block 1 on the 3rd floor overlooking the park at the back, we could not hear noise from the hotel bar but we could hear the bar next door until midnight. I think there is a rule about the noise being turned down after midnight and one night I did see a police car pull up at the bar next door and the music quickly turned down! After the first two nights I changed routine and didn't go to bed until after the music had stopped then had a bit of a lie in as there was no need to get up early for sunbeds at this time of year. I think some of the rooms were better with regards to noise as the people opposite us said they had an early night most nights and didn't hear a thing.

Restaurant - you have to walk through the bar and restaurant to get into the hotel, I did see some families walking straight through and I didn't see any of the staff behaving in any way rudely to them so i'm not sure why people felt they were being mistreated for not eating or drinking there. The staff seemed friendly enough, food was of a decent standard and in fact we didn't bother trying anywhere else as we had been to Marmaris previously and didn't think we would find anywhere better for the price. The only thing lacking was desserts.

As a single woman I did have a minor issue with one of the staff attempting to be over friendly but after ignoring him for a day or two he seemed to get the message and then didn't pay us much attention other than being polite and serving us professionally for the rest of the week. I have had this same thing on my previous visit to Marmaris and I know it is common but i'm sure this can't be avoided as there do appear to be plenty of women who do go to Marmaris for this type of attention.

The location - number 2 bus stops right outside taking you into Marmaris for 2 lira. I wouldn't know how long it would take to walk it as the route was not clear. There are shops and restaurants within walking distance so you don't need to go into the centre if you don't want to.

I would go to this hotel again for a cheap holiday, the only thing putting me off is the journey time as it is a long journey 4 hour flight and 2 hour coach

2 Thank l00by12
St Helens, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

Just got back from what could of been a nightmare trip ! Arrived at 7 pm to be paraded thought the restaurant / bar which is now the entrance to the hotel, had to carry cases pram up to 3rd floor only 1 lift and was tiny at that. Eaten in the restaurant that night has we had travelled all day was ok nothing special then on to bed. No sleep for us music so loud felt like I was in the bar, not good with a 3 year old this went on until 4 am every night . In the day light it got worse no hot water at all for the 2 weeks we were there pool dirty and childrens pool was so small with a empty bottle of cig ends in floating on top which was there for a few days. Kids park danger zone things falling bits not safe. And the walk way through to the hotel is so close to the pool it's not safe and so slippery . Entertainment starts at 11 /11:30 pm for the family which yes we missed every night because of late start. Our room door fell off has we open it told could only fix in the morning no other room offered had to sleep with it hanging on not shut properly. Other times maid left our door open all day or someone had been in. Lucky for us we ventured out and found a lovely hotel which allowed us to use there lovely pool area and go there entertainment every night which stared at 8pm kids disco a proper time they just didnt have any free rooms or we would of stayed there.We only used the golden orange to sleep that was it up and out every morning at 9:30am returned to wash in cold water and change then back to sleep on a night time. We had to do the walk of shame though (has me and my partner called it) every time through the bar/restaurant were no staff spoke to us they all just look at us like crap. And the manager use to stand at the entrance and watch were we was going he was so rude and arrogant. I would never go back here even if it was for free !

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Natalie D
St Helens, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 October 2013

What a load of s**t!!! Would not go back to this hotel ever again, the manager is a jerk if you go out for the day then come back he looks at you like a piece of dirt, he doesn't make any effort to talk to you because your not in the restaurant, He prays on old woman and single mums.The kids pool is the worse kids pool i have ever seen. Food not up to standard All in all not for kids aged 3-9

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank famous05
Northampton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We went expecting to be able to self cater, not possible on 2 electric rings and a kettle! Room on the top floor, rather small and no hot water till late afternoon. View from the balcony nice but the balcony was wet all day due to leaking solar panels. Much loud music from next door. We ate at the restaurant several times, all good except for a chip shop curry one night, most staff were nice but the manager was arrogant and unhelpful, an incident occurred where the police should have been involved but he blustered his way out of it and was so nasty about it that we left a day early.
I would not go back.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tim H
edinburgh
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Well just back after a week at the hotel with my 13 year old daughter.I have to say it was a very pleasant stay.I paid £10 for the 2 of us to stay,i repeat £10 did I expect the Ritz of course not but for that money it was amazing value and you have to ask how do they make a profit from that well they make it from people eating and drinking there.Are you hounded if you don't no youre not I had 2 evening meals and lunch on 5 days on the times I didn't eat there was I given a hard time by the owners,not at all they even welcome you back at night after being out in town.As for the food it is really good on par if not better than the local places and the only reason I didn't eat there more was because I like to try different places.The rooms are basic but very clean the pool is a good size but very cold at this time of year and I could imagine getting a sunbed at the peak season could be a struggle.The hotel is situate in the Armatulan area of Marmaris about a 10 minute bus ride into the centre.About a 5 minute walk from the hotel will take you into an area with plenty of bars and resturants if you don't want to go to the centre.It is 3 years since I have been to Marmaris and it seems a fair amount of money has been spent on the Area.Where the bus drops you at the centre used to be a supermarket but is now a lovely square with fountains,statues and seating.Also to the left on the sea front is a lovely walk along the front all the way along on the left side is many fabulous resturants'a bit more expensive than the centre but of very high quality and on the right all the large boats are moored up which is great to imagin if money was not a problem which one you would have also along the middle are some lovely statues.The walk ends at a little shopping centre full of trendy little shops.Please don't pay any attention to the negative reviews,some people have there heads to far up there own behinds.If you go with the mindset that this is so cheap something must be wrong you will get a great surprise with the standard of service and the great food.

Room Tip: Its cheap,be openminded
1 Thank jambo42
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marmaris
Hermes Hotel
#60 of 234 in Marmaris
Epic Hotel
Epic Hotel
#8 of 28 in Armutalan

Been to Golden Orange Apart? Share your experiences!