“Certainly not grand premium food.”

SunConnect Grand Ideal Premium
Ranked #16 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Cardiff
“Certainly not grand premium food.”
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Hotel itself was very good. Rooms are a good size and everything is kept very clean. All staff you come into contact with are very friendly and welcoming. The Biggest problem with the hotel grand Ideal Premium is the quality of the food that is produced. Having stayed in the resort for 2 week found breakfast and lunch ok but very limited and without any variety. Evening meal was extremely poor, food was cold, uninviting and in most cases unedible. On too many occasions walked out of the hotel and went to one of the local restaurants, which made a joke of the all inclusive we paid for.
To add to the poor quality of food, the quality of service during the evening meal didn't do much to help things. It was a major operation trying to get the staff to bring you clean cutlery, glasses and napkins.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
melihbas, Public Relations Manager at SunConnect Grand Ideal Premium, responded to this review, 22 April 2012
Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review.
In your review you mention your unhappiness with the quality and variety of food served in our restaurants, all meals served from our restaurants and snack bars tested on a daily basis
under the Hotels HACCP Policy which is controlled and monitored by National Britannia. The Hotel had been awarded the Gold Certificate for its standards, the Hotel employs a full-time Food Engineer to carry out these daily tests, monthly tests are also carried out by the Travel Agency Representatives in which we always score very highly. The Hotel has 14 day menu cycle which of course is always subject to change due to the seasons however we offer on a daily basis 12 hot meal dishes which includes chicken, turkey, lamb or beef, a show grill for daily specials and a vast range of mezze and salad items, fresh fruit is always available and we also offer a vast array of desserts including ice-cream. As a testament to the Hotel, the Owners and their families dine in the restaurants as well as the Hotel Managers. As also mentioned, you holidayed with us in April, a month of changeable weather in Marmaris and where the evenings are considerable cooler, this is the time when the Diva Restaurant becomes very busy at the beginning of the evening and we do ask our guests understanding as staff endeavour to satisfy all areas of the restaurant service.
The Hotel does offer a 24 hour Reception and Guest Relation service as well as daily Travel Agency Representative visits - whose mutual aim is the comfort and satisfaction of all our guests and concerns raised with them are investigated immediately with a high percentage to the guests satisfaction.
I trust these comments satisfy your review and I as Part of the Ideal Team look forward to welcoming you once again to our Hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (509)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 April 2012

After a night flight, and a fairly long transfer to the hotel, me and my boyfriend walked into the hotel and we were checked in quickly. Not many of the staff at 2:30 am spoke good English so it was somewhat confusing understanding what the bellboy wanted us to do, but we were soon orientated in the hotel. With the flight setting off at 6ish and having no meals, we were hungry, so we nipped downstairs at 3 am and visited the 'Cafe de Paris' for a hot drink and took sandwiches up to the room for a midnight snack before settling down in bed.

The room was quite attractive with both a double bed and a single bed which were well spaced out, opposite the bed was a desk with a tv on it and a large mirror on the wall, next to this was the wardrode which contained the room safe. The bathroom contained sink unit, toilet and shower (I would have liked a bath but me and my boyfriend are young so didn't really need one), overall I liked the room.

In the morning, we were woken up about 5 am by the mosque calling to pray, but we fell asleep again shortly afterwards, then maid service knocked about 8:30 am, then finally our rep phoned at 10 to make sure we were coming to the welcome meeting at 11, at this point we just decided to get up even though we were tired. I found the welcome meeting slightly too long but the excursions offered were well priced and there were lots of good things on offer, we booked 2 there and then.

Mealtimes; while there was plenty of food on offer the food was never hot. This doesn't bother my partner but it's one of my pet hates. During lunch there wasn't a microwave available so I stuck to cold salad items and soup which was about hot enough for me. At dinner times I could use a microwave at the back of the restaurant so I was able to fully enjoy all the food.

The only other problem was the pool, I must have neglected to read the brochure properly buy the pools were not heated in any way, and during April it wasn't refreshing, it was just plain cold. My boyfriend did go in the pool a few times and I went in once but I couldn't hack it again.

Marmaris is a busy, tourist area and Icmeler nearby is a bit quiet, and as we went before season most of the restaurants were touting for buisness which was quite annoying.

Anyway, all in all, I had a great time in Turkey, I would definately recommend the Grand Ideal hotel for families, couples and... anyone really!

Room Tip: Ask for pool view!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Firstly, I would like to thank you for your review.
We are happy to read that you have enjoyed the facility and service of the Cafe De Paris - our 24 hour Cafe which serves cakes and cookies throughout the day and sandwiches throughout the night.
We are saddened to hear that you were not entirely satisfied with the temperature of the food served in our restaurants as all foods are tested daily and throughout the meal service and temperatures recorded under the Hotels HACCP Policy which is controlled and monitored by National Britannia, if your concern had been reported to our 24 hour Reception or Guest Relation service or even the Travel Representative who undertakes daily visits, our Food Engineer would have been immediately informed as guest satisfaction is of paramount importance to us.
Thank you for recommending our Hotel and on behalf of the Ideal Team, we look forward to welcoming you once again.
Thank you for choosing Grand Ideal Premium Hotel.
newcastle
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Firstly ignore the thing about work being carried out nearby it is virtually none existant and does not interfere with the quality of the hotel at all.Marmaris is undergoing a huge face lift and there is a lot of work being done in resort however this has to be completed by a certain date before the season starts so do not worry. This is the 5th time we have been to Marmaris and we can honestly say this is the best hotel we have ever stayed in.We came back yesterday. It is imaculate, everywhere is gleaming. We arrived in the middle of the night and the staff were quick and couteous, we were shown our rooms by porters who took our luggage, shown how to use the air con and off he went with a smile. During our stay the food was constantly good and varied however the restuarant was very busy and sometime you have to wait to be seated. However that is a good sign as people were eating in the hotel rather than going to an off site restaurant which we have done in the past. downstairs under a large canopy there is a snack bar, this serves hot pizzas, burgers, chips and salad everyday along with other various items, kofte etc. the food was hot and lovely especially if you did not fancy the formality of the restaurants. The bar staff were fast and efficient and happy and the drinks were extremely varied for Marmaris all inc. there was loads of cocktail type syrups and liquors and if you have an imagination then fill your boots. As the hotel was so on the ball the normal apparent greediness of some all inc guests was none existant and everyone was relaxed and happy. i came back yesterday and I am looking to rebook again for the summer. We have had a great time and I would love to recommmend this hotel to everyone, howvere if it becomes really popular thomas Cook will put up the prices so if i was really selfish should have given this hotel 1/5 instead of its very well earned 5/5. just one thing would the person [guest] who nicked my coat off my chair by the pool bar please catch a very nasty cold as they left me without something warm to wear on the evenings which were cold. bad show THIEF!

Room Tip: when checking in make sure you ask for single beds as the small rooms only have a double. The larger...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank michelle s
melihbas, Public Relations Manager at SunConnect Grand Ideal Premium, responded to this review, 17 April 2012
We would like to thank you for sharing your Ideal experience with others on the Tripadvisor website, We are happy that you have enjoyed the Hotel, its Facilities and the Service you have received. On behalf of the Ideal Team, we look forward to welcoming you once again to our Hotel, thank you for choosing Grand Ideal premium for your holiday.
Abergele, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 April 2012

My wife and I have just returned after a week's stay at this hotel (yesterday).
We booked a twin room, but were given a very small corner room with a double bed, I immediately complained to reception staff but as the hotel was full nothing could be done for us that night, but was promised a twin room would be made available to us the following day This was done for us quite early and from then everything improved. Room was comfortable and adequate for our needs. Cleaned every day by a lovely housemaid.
from then, cannot praise staff enough, waiters in dining rooms so quick, as soon as you sit down a glass of chilled water is poured for you, after each plate/bowl is emptied it is taken away so quickly you don't even have to attract the waiter's attention. Food was varied and plentiful, eat as much as you like.
only disappointment was the animation team, great for kids but apart from belly dance show very poor for adults,
We celebrated our Ruby Wedding Anniversary while there and were delighted and pleasantly surprised to receive a basket of fruit and a half bottle of wine to help us celebrate it.
Special mention must be made of three people: Tania, Guest Relations Manager, Ibrahim, an excellent and attentive waiter that we cannot praise highly enough, and finally, Fatma, who is the Thomas Cook rep. in the hotel,She is an absolute gem, speaks excellent English and is really lovely young lady.

3 Thank Samslot
Firstly, we would like to thank you for taking the time to share your Ideal experience with others on the Tripadvisor website. We are happy to hear that you experienced a positive solution with your room change and that you were able to enjoy your holiday. As you may have read in the Thomas Cook Brochure, animation throughout the month of April can be affected by the weather and is subject to change, however alternative activities and locations were provided for those who wanted to take part. We look forward to welcoming you to our Hotel once again and on behalf of the Ideal Team, thank you for choosing Grand Ideal Premium for your holiday.
Belgium
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Stayed here from 30/03/2012-06/04/2012, got room 511 BlokA. Leeking toilet, fixed 3 times, kept leeking. View at busy street and a dumpster. After request from Corendon at the reception we received another room 238 blokB. This was a nicer room, poolview. The hotel is nicely decorated, very stylish. Also the 2 restaurants. The airco was on at the restaurants, it was freezing cold. The plates were also very cold. I spoke with the manager of the restaurant, to serve food on a warm plate is better, it keeps the food warm. By the time i arrived at my table the food was cold, it was a shame of such good food.
He never spoke to us again and avoided us, but it did resulted in warm plates and the airco was not so cold anymore. I guess he listened to my advice, but from a woman it's hard to take...
The pool was very cold at this time of year, so we tried the indoor pool. This was freezing cold and the balustrade was all rusty. The Sultan's Bar served drinks, but cocktails, I think you should take a recipy book, because they only know Blue Lagoon and Sex on the Beach. It would be nicer if they have a menu where you can choose your cocktails, maybe with a photo. Also Café de Paris where you can drink 24/24, with selection of cakes and cookies. The animation team do their best, minidisco at 20.30 followed by bingo everyday, I don't like this, so we went to our room. Followed by a show; we saw a bellydancer, a dancegroup, a scetch from the animationteam, a singer.... Also during the day Elly/Merte/Ouzi/Safi kept you busy, young and old. The hotel is nicely located, outside plenty of shops, supermarkets.. You can take the Dolmus, 1.50 Turkish Lira to Marmara marina, even with rainy days it is possible to shop because shops are covered. Also Icmeler is a nice daytrip. You can do both by walking, it will take about an hours walk. Overall this was a very nice break!

Room Tip: Don't take a room overlooking the street, very noisy at night.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank BelgiumFamily
melihbas, Public Relations Manager at SunConnect Grand Ideal Premium, responded to this review, 31 July 2012
Thankyou for your review posted on the tripadvisor website.
The Hotel offers a 12 hour daily Guest Relation service who have direct links with all department managers including Technical Services, Restaurant and House-keeping, all concerns and requests made here are usually resolved to the guests' satisfaction. At the time that you holidayed with us the Hotel had been open for one day and the outside pool and not had the opportunity to warm through with the sun and therefore the Indoor pool is available for guests to use. All guest feedback is important to us especially when given in resort as this gives the Hotel the opportunity to satisfy all our guests. I do hope that we will be able to welcome you again in the future and would like to thank you for choosing Grand Ideal Premium for your holiday.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 April 2012

We have just returned from this hotel and everything was amazing apart from the food. We arrived at the hotel after a little comfort stop on the way, which was great. After arriving everyone was checked into their rooms straight away and porters took your bags for you. We asked for a safe key at the reception expecting to pay for it and we were given it free of charge, just like everyone else which we were very impressed with. We then got to our room which was on the ground floor and faced the pool. It was a lovely room, a little on the small side but we did not expect to spend all our time in the room. The fridge in the room has a complementary bar in it but it was not filled up all week, just when you arrived. We went for our evening meal and as I am a very fussy eater I did not find anything which I liked and ended up eating out all week after our fist experience was awful. The hotel was situated in a very nice area however the men dragging you into their shops could get a little bit annoying after a few days. The hotel spa was amazing and I recommend that everyone has a Turkish bath, and if you have any spare money go for the full package of treatments as they are well worth it. They were £50 but included a facial, full body massage etc. I think the prices rise in the height of season. The nightclub is fun and plays all english music, which is rare in Turkey. However after midnight you have to pay for all your drinks including water and soft drinks which I thought was a bit ridiculous seen as we were all inclusive. I didn't mind paying for alcoholic drinks, but soft drinks really annoyed me. There is a lovely restaurant across the road called Samdan and I would recommend everyone trying it out as they only charge £3 for a full english and the hotel do not serve bacon or sausage. Oh and all of the rooms have air con. Overall I would go back to this hotel if they did a self catering option which they do not.

Room Tip: Ask for a room higher up if you don't like a lot of noise as the ground floor ones can get a lit...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Firstly, I would like to thank you for your review .

We are happy that you have enjoyed the Hotel and its Facilities as well as its Service. We try to provide as much information as possible about the Hotel and provide all our Guests with an information sheet on check-in, this includes the details of the mini-bar being complimentary on arrival only as we have free water bottle refills available in the Pasha Snack bar and also our Cafe de Paris is open 24 hours. The all-inclusive drinks package is for 14 hours from 10am until midnight each day and we are proud to offer these hours as we are one of only a few to offer these hours.

We are surprized that with the range of foods on offer in the hotel such as the breakfast buffet consisting of various breads for toasting, jams and marmalades and honey, fresh fruit, yoghurts and cereals as well as eggs (scrambled, fried or boiled), beans, grilled tomatoes, sausages, potato wedges, toasted sandwiches, waffles and pancakes. The Snack Bar offers pasta, sauce, chips, hamburgers, fresh pizzas, köfte and salads as well as fresh fruit and cakes. The Four Seasons lunch restaurant offers a fully cooked lunch of hot soups and breads, full range of salads as well as pasta and meat and vegetable dishes, also fresh fruit and full desserts.The Diva evening Restaurant offers again a full selection of soups and various breads, pasta and sauces, full range of salads, meat dishes of chicken, turkey, lamb or beef and also a range of fish dishes, vegetables and potatoes. As well as fresh fruit and many dessert including ice-cream each evening that we could not satisfy your taste and would have been happy to help if your concern had been raised with our 24 hour manned Reception or Guest Relation service or with your Travel Representative.

As part of the Ideal Team, we look forward to welcoming you to our Hotel once again in the future.
Leeds
Reviewed 11 April 2012

My partner and I have just returned from a weeks holiday at this hotel and had an amazing time. The food in all the restaurants and cafes was excellent with something for everyone including fussy/picky eaters. All of the staff throughout the hotel were very helpful, friendly and attentive, the restaurant staff were very quick to remove plates and replenish drinks and I was amazed at watching one of the young waiters running with his tray and not spilling a drop!!

We were offered an attic room on the 5th floor which was too low for our heights and the staff gave us another room within 10 minutes when we asked and that room was excellent with even the mini bar stocked with some soft drinks.

From the moment we arrived everyone was lovely, the hotel is kept spotless and reception staff helped us with directions to various places and offered many other suggestions. I spent two wonderful hours in the spa where the staff were lovely and came out feeling totally relaxed.

This was our second visit to Marmaris but first one in this hotel but we will definitely be returning to the Grand Ideal again in the future we could not recommend the hotel and its staff highly enough.

Thank you for making our holiday absolutely wonderful.

1 Thank trishaLeeds
melihbas, Public Relations Manager at SunConnect Grand Ideal Premium, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Firstly we would like to thank you for taking the time to share your Ideal experience with others on the Tripadvisor website. We are very happy that you enjoyed the Hotel, ıts facilities and Services and we, on behalf of the Ideal Team look forward to welcoming you once again to our Hotel. Thank you for choosing Grand Ideal Premium for your holiday.