“AMAZING”

SunConnect Grand Ideal Premium
Ranked #16 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed 19 November 2012

I stayed for 2 weeks during August with my mum and 10 year old son. We had an amazing time overall with only a few negatives. Lets start with the negatives the outdoor pool is the same depth all the way round and my mum isnt the tallest so she couldn't use it but this wasnt a problem as there is an indoor pool so we used that. Another negative was the service in the restaurant sometimes we would go the whole meal with no drinks this was so hard when it was so hot. Now the good points the hotel is gorgeous and very clean the staff are all lovely and if you smile and say hello they will speak to you . We used the spa we had a turkish bath and massage and it was amazing my son had chocolate rubbed all over him and he loved it. The food on the hotel was really nice with a variety I didn't eat breakfast but that is just a personal choice but remember it is a muslim coutry you don't get bacon. If you want a cooked breakfast I would say go along the road a bit to Samdams . We done 3 trips Turkish Night which was really good and jeep safari which was also fantastic. We also done the Dalaman departure which I personally wouldnt reccomend I would rather spend my last day relaxing instead of downgrading to a not very nice hotel that reminded me of a horror movie. This holiday overall is fantastic with fantastic staff including the rep and Tanya who works at reception. We cant wait to go bacl next year and will be booking soon. Also if you become ill during your stay as I did I got a throat infection go to one of the pharmacies outside the hotel instead pf paying for the hotel doctor to just look at you.

• Stayed: August 2012
9  Thank pinktartan
melihbas, Public Relations Manager at SunConnect Grand Ideal Premium, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2012

Thank you for sharing your holiday experience with others on the tripadvisor website.
I am very happy to read that you have enjoyed your holiday overall with us from appreciating the Hotel decor and the cleanliness to the variety of food served and the service received from staff working within the Hotel. Thank you also for your kind comments regarding your sons enjoyment of the Budha Spa. I do hope that we will be able to welcome you all again in the future and on behalf of the Ideal Team, thank you for choosing Grand Ideal Premium for your holiday.

There are newer reviews for SunConnect Grand Ideal Premium

Reviewed 16 November 2012

Excellent hotel, everything spotless n shiny,but doesn't feel like the whole package, entertainment is really woefull,the usual turkey type breakfast is barely adequate.If staying in a room at the front of the hotel prepare for lots of road noise, plus binmen very early a couple o times a week.At about 5.15am the local mosque calls people t prayer, im a heavysleeper n the missus is a lightsleeper but made no difference if the patio doors were open or shut.Food was good in general tho less choice than we had at another local hotel.We chose this hotel after looking on trip advisor it was getting better ratings than our usual one,now wish we had gone to our old haunt.

Room Tip: 5th floor rooms are small, front of hotel lots of road noise, pool views rooms get entertainment noi...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank softpoo

Thank you for your review posted on the tripadvisor website.
Guest feed back is important to us and I would like to thank you for your kind comments regarding the hospitality you have experienced from the Hotel, its services and facilities from housekeeping to service. Animation as described in the Thomas Cook brochure is of an `occasional` type including games, competitions and shows and the team endeavour to provide activities for our guests of all nationalities and ages ranging from darts, pool games, water polo, killer pool, traditional turkish folk dancers, breakdancers, the exclusive Blacklight show, live music, belly dancers, karaoke, bingo, kids mini disco, quizzes and competitions.
Sleep comfort for guests is important to us and the staff at Reception and of Guest Relations are always happy to try and help guests with room change requests to enable this if possible.
I do hope that the information provided satisfies your review and that we will be able to welcome you again to our Hotel. I would also like to thank you for choosing Grand Ideal Premium for your holiday.

Reviewed 16 November 2012

Hotel was quite nice very clean staff polite and friendly hotel situated well for bars etc wouldn't advise free Turkish bath ur tour rep offers we got there and I didn't want to participate and we were left sitting for hours unable to go get back to the hotel till everyone had finished wud recommend booking private In the hotel much more enjoyable than being scrubbed down in front of 30 other people

• Stayed: December 2011
4  Thank geraldine m

Thank you for your review submitted on the tripadvisor website.
I would like to thank you for your kind comments regarding the cleanliness of the Hotel provided by the housekeeping team and also for the service staff within the Hotels bars and restaurants. I do hope that we will be able to welcome you again in the future and would also like to thank you for choosing Grand Ideal Premium for your holiday.

Reviewed 11 November 2012

Lovely hotel,very clean friendly staff and good food. Would def go back to this hotel only thing lacking is the entertainment but we have found that to be normal in turkey. Hotel situated in a great place for going out for walks at night with plenty of shops and bars.

Room Tip: Would have preferred a better view our room looked into the next hotel wall
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank karen186518
melihbas, Public Relations Manager at SunConnect Grand Ideal Premium, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2012

Thank you for posting your holiday review on the tripadvisor website.
Guest feed back is important to us and I am very happy to read that you have experienced the hospitality of the Hotel from the cleanliness provided by the housekeeping team to the service you have received from all the staff within the Hotel. I would also like to thank you for your comments regarding the variety of food served in the restaurants as we endeavour to cater for all the nationalities of our guests.
I do hope that we will be able to welcome you again in the future and on behalf of the Ideal Team, thank you for choosing Grand Ideal Premium for your holiday.

Reviewed 9 November 2012

Arrived in the early hours at 2am 30th Oct 2012. Greeted with a welcoming smile and assisted to our room on the second floor by the porter. After such a long journey, we were directed to the all night coffee lounge where we had a warm drink and sandwich, which i might add was most welcome (as were the drinks in our bedroom fridge). I travelled with my 8year old twin Granddaughters; our room was spacious even with 1 double and 2 single beds. We overlooked the pool area and could just about see the sea from our room. The room was serviced daily with bedding being changed every other day; the hotel has a very good overall standard of cleanliness, which all members of staff work hard to maintain.

We stayed the last week of the season, this meaning no area in the hotel ever got too busy. All meal times were easily accessible and would return in the quite season again as would imagine if the hotel were full the restaurant and pool areas would be far too busy for me.
The choice of food was plentiful, however would have liked to have seen children’s choices catered for a little more in the evening. Always plenty of salad choices and at least 6 main course choices be it vegetarian, fish or meat. Yes! It can be of a much the sameness as other guests have mentioned, there again, i never went hungry or failed to fill my plate with a variety of food. Breakfast was definitely our favourite meal, feasting on pancakes, waffles and a good choice of cereals, fresh fruit, and variety of egg dishes, cheeses, fresh bread and yummy croissants.

The pool area was kept immaculately clean, tumblers are collected regularly, this needs to be done as we did encounter a fair few wasps and bees, I was stung on my first day by a large hornet which was very painful. Marmaris is known for its honey therefore i suppose it’s only to be expected they encounter a lot of bees. The children loved the slide, and towards the end of the holiday this was left open all day, which was a great bonus rather than the two hours morning and afternoon. Entertainment suited my 8 year old Granddaughters’ which suited me fine, as it was a holiday for them. There was bingo, quizzes and other adult entertainment, so plenty going on.
The hotels greatest asset i would say is the staff, those who seemed on the quieter side, soon warmed to us when we got to know them. We couldn’t thank the staff enough for making our holiday as enjoyable as it was. My Granddaughters’ made great friends of a lot of the staff, this because the staff went out of their way to be friendly with them.
Had a pedicure in the hotel salon (attached to the hair salon), this is a must as i have had plenty of pedicures in my time, but nothing to beat this one. The hot stone massage was also strongly recommended by a lovely lady we met whilst there. All in all our holiday was a great hit, we met wonderful people there whom all rated the hotel for various reasons. Would like to take this opportunity to thank one and all immensely.
So would we stay at Grand Ideal again? Definitely, finances permitting.

Room Tip: Our room was very well suited on the second floor of block B
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Hazel3107
melihbas, Public Relations Manager at SunConnect Grand Ideal Premium, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2012

Thank you for sharing your Ideal holiday review with others on the tripadvisor website.
I am most happy to read that you and your young grandaughters have enjoyed your holiday with us. For yourself, experiencing the efficiency of the Reception staff at check-in, the bell-boy service and availability 24 hours a day of tea and coffee from the Cafe De Paris, to the facilities within the room of free safe, mini-bar on arrival, air-conditioning and pool towels to the variety of food provided and of course, your Salon pedicure and your Budha Spa experience. For your grandaughters, I am very happy to read that they enjoyed the pool and the slide and also enjoyed the friendliness of all the staff including the animation team. I do hope that we will be welcoming you all again and on behalf of the Ideal Team, thank you for choosing Grand Ideal Premium for your holiday.

Reviewed 8 November 2012

Got back from an 11 night stay here and it was fantastic. First night we stayed in the sister hotel and we felt out of place and finally the day after we were settled into our room at the Grand ideal premium and we fit in perfectly! The room was clean, location well you couldn't ask for anything better! Staff were amazingly friendly and we got treated the same as everyone else. It was my first holiday abroad and it was one to remember! Entertainment and spa team were my favorite! Returning next year with my partner. This hotel is fantastic and wouldn't change a thing!

• Stayed: October 2012
4  Thank Jodiiee-fisher

Thank you for taking the time to submit your holiday review on the tripadvisor website.
I am very happy to read that you have enjoyed your first holiday abroad and that it has been with us here at the the Grand Ideal Premium and that you have experienced our hospitality from the room maid service to the location of the Hotel and the friendliness of the staff. I am very happy to read that you have enjoyed your Budha Spa experience and also the interaction with the animation team. I do hope that we will be able to welcome you again in the future with your partner and I would also like to thank you again for choosing Grand Ideal Premium for your holiday.

Reviewed 8 November 2012

this was our second visit to the grand ideal hotel,as part of our silver wedding celebrations,having been before we knew what to expect,we asked for a quiet room facing the pool,not on 5th floor as these are like attic rooms,all our requests were met,our check in was smooth after arriving around 3 am from aberdeen,we checked out the room,every thing was fine,also included a free safe for our stay,nice touch,went down to cafe bar in hotel for a coffee,great after a long journey,the hotel lived up to our memories of our last visit,very clean, great maid service,food was good,plenty of choice,although we also went out a few times for a steak,staff were all very pleasant,despite long hours and a few difficult customers,the entertainment wasnt the best at night,but we enjoyed ourselves anyway,we received a bottle of wine and basket of fruit on our first saturday night in our room,thanks very much to the hotel for that,also invitation to dinner for the fish night in the a la carte restaurant,again thanks to the hotel,all in all two very happy customers who look forward to visiting again,last and not least a very special mention for asil who serves behind the bar,thanks for looking after us so well,i hope your management appreciate the fine job you are doing

Room Tip: avoid 5th floor rooms,and rooms near the hotel nightclub
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mintlawbear

Thank you for sharing your holiday review with others on the tripadvisor website.
As returning guests, I am very happy to read that you have again experienced the hospitalitym of the Hotel from the facilities provided in the rooms of free safes, individually controlled air-conditioning, mini-bar on arrival and free pool/beach towels. I am also happy to read that the Hotel has been able to accommodate you on all of the room location requests however as you must know, this cannot be guaranteed however we do try to make all guests happy. I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding the house-keeping team and of the service staff in the bars and restaurants including the A La Carte restaurant.
I do hope that we will be welcoming you again in the future and on behalf of the Ideal Team, Congratulations on celebrating your Silver Wedding Anniversary and thank you for choosing Grand Ideal Premium for your holiday.