“Hotel is beautiful, food not very good . Rooms very dated”

SunConnect Grand Ideal Premium
Ranked #16 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I've recently stayed at the grand ideal the last week of sept. Me and my mam went to turkey for the first time for relaxing week away. First of all the hotel is beautiful it is very clean and tidy it is in a really good location, you can come out of hotel and you have lots of shops,restaurants and bars along the Main Street you can also jump on a bus which we thought were great either to go into marmaris centre or along to icmeler, however on arrival we checked into our room and our balcony faced onto the Main Street which was very noisy so we asked to move. The reception staff were ok but not the best of help they moved us to a better room. The rooms are very old fashioned and could do with getting refurbished also walls are paper thin! A lot of people say you not in your room a lot when you are away but it does make a difference it was definitely not a room you would expect in a 5 star hotel! Also the mini bar Only has 2 bottles of water and a few cartons of juice in and doesn't get stocked everyday, You need to keep your bottle of water as well to keep getting refilled you cant just go to bar and ask for a bottle. The pool area is decent but if you want a bed in a decent spot you need to be down crack of dawn. Now about the food there was always a wide variety of choice but the breakfasts were very sickly there is no bacon and the sausage is like rubber I had pancakes nearly everyday as could not stomach a breakfast. At dinner time we were going to the restaurant on the main floor which was really nice and the waiters always went out the way for you mehmet and mahmut always looked after us they were both really friendly and hard working. The first day we got there we used spa facilities which were amazing i would definitely advise anyone to get a Turkish bath and a full body massage it was one of the best things about the holiday and well worth the money, ebro was lovely and works very hard. If I returned to turkey I don't think I would stay in grand ideal as i did not think it was worth the money we paid and it was so cheap to eat out we went out for food most nights and never had a bad meal, the hotel food is very repetitive. One last thing the cafe de paris staff were very rude to a old man one night when he asked for a sandwich the staff would only give him one and the member of staff started swearing at him and stormed away which is not very nice to see and would hate to think someone spoke to my grandad like that at the end of the day it is supposed to be a all inclusive hotel I don't see why it's a problem if you want a few sandwiches you have paid for it. Hotel rep Beth was really helpful and polite she was always there during day and was always happy to help.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Georgia H
iphotels, Ideal Team at SunConnect Grand Ideal Premium, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Thank you for your holiday review posted on the tripadvisor website.
Guest feedback is important to us and I would like to thank you for your comments regarding the location of the Hotel, the cleanliness provided by the house-keeping team and of your enjoyment of the Budha Spa. The Hotel welcomes guests of many nationalties and the menus provided reflect this as well as presenting Turkish Cuisine.I do hope that that we will be able to welcome you again in the future and on behalf of the Team here at Ideal Premium, thank you for choosing our Hotel for your holiday.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

I have just returned from a stay at this hotel with my husband and 6 friends, we had an amazing time in marmaris and the hotel was excellent the rooms were kept spotless and there was a very good variety of food, just was a shame that the sun beds around the pool were claimed from about 5am by having towels put on them , The entertainment was also very good, would recommend this Hotel :-)

Room Tip: we stayed in the very top corner room overlooking the pool and could also see and hear the entertain...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
iphotels, Ideal Team at SunConnect Grand Ideal Premium, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2013

Thank you for posting your recent holiday review on the tripadvisor website.
I am happy to read that you and your friends have enjoyed your holiday with us and would like to thank you for your comments regarding the rooms and facilities provided, the variety of food served and of the animation programme provided. I do hope that we will be able to welcome you all again in the future and on behalf of the Team here at Ideal Premium, thank you for your recommendation and for choosing our Hotel for your holiday.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

Had a brilliant holiday in turkey and at the GIP.

Hotel was spotless and food and drinks were good. Entertainment was good but could of been better and more on during the day and some music. They did have music on sometimes but you couldnt really hear it at the pool.

We were there for 10 days and the food in the restuarants were never repeated which is good and there was always plenty to choose from.

Had a brilliant holiday and would reccomend the GIP :)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review posted on the tripadvisor website.
I am very happy to read that you have both enjoyed the hospitality of our Hotel from the facilities provided to the friendliness of the staff. I do hope that we will be able to welcome you again in the future and on behalf of the Team here at Ideal Premium, thank you for your recommendation and for choosing our Hotel for your holiday.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

This is now the fourth time I have stayed at this hotel and can honestly say I didn't think it could get much better, then it did just that.
Little touches make all the difference and the upgraded bar is by far the best improvement they have made.
The new sunbeds are great and easy to move around and not as bulky so plenty more to go round.
Our room was nice and spacious and always immaculate, slightly small bathroom was the only niggle, and we could hear the next doors conversation very clearly ;)
All staff were excellent as per usual, working exceptionally hard all day, and always happy to help. My one problem with the staff is the slating they often get from guests who say they never smile, I don't smile all day at my work and I don't work nearly as hard or as long hours as they do, so there's not always cause for them to "smile". I also get extremely irked by the lack of manners a lot of guests have, demanding drinks rather than asking with a please and receiving with a thank you.
Food was great as usual with plenty of choice, the baked potato option is a fab addition too, restaurant staff were excellent, always on hand to order drinks and refill water.
I've read some people complaining about not getting alcohol served in Cafe de Paris, in the hotel lobby, I personally don't think this is necessary as its never very cold outside apart from end of season, and there are rooms on the same level as this so I am guessing its a noise concern for guests staying on this floor. The cafe serves its purpose after being in the disco or out for the night as there is tea and coffee and soft drinks and sandwiches if you time it right.
Its not 24 hour all exclusive but lets face it, do you really need it to be?
We are booked to return for the 5th time next year and for 3 weeks next time, it can't come quick enough, I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to people of all ages, it has many many repeat guests and its well deserved, the hotel and the staff are the best you will find around, just leave your demanding attitudes at home please.

Room Tip: Pool view rooms above the reception area tend to get wifi reception so great if that is important to...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Diane W

Thank you for your recent holiday review posted on the tripadvisor website.
As a returning guest I would like to thank you for your comments regarding the improvements to the Hotel and facilities and also of the variety of food and friendliness of the staff. I look forward to welcoming you again next season and on behalf of the Team here at Ideal Premium, thank you for your recommendation and for choosing our Hotel once again for your holiday.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

I stayed here with my sister in May this year and I would return to the hotel again. We read a few reviews about hotels in Marmaris not having enough deck chairs but we did not find this a problem at this hotel, despite it being busy. Our room was clean and all the staff were very professional and nice. The choice for the all inclusive food was also very good and you could easily eat very healthily with a good array of salad or very 'heartily' with the various meat and potato options! There was pretty much something to suit all tastes! Location was also good being right next to the beat and a 30 min walk to town by all the restaurants or a 2 minute bus mini bus ride. Don't be out off by being 30 minutes from town - the mini buses are so frequent you can get to town in 5 minutes if you wish and there are nice restaurants nearby so we didn't even go to town each night to sample the nearby restaurants instead.

Room Tip: Perhaps at the front of the hotel if you have young children, so as to avoid not hearing the night t...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank vclareb

Thank you for your holiday review posted on the tripadvisor website.
I would also like to thank you for your comments regarding your enjoyment of the food served, the friendliness of the staff and the cleanliness of the Hotel. I do hope that we will be able to welcome you and your sister once again in the future and on behalf of the Team here at Ideal Premium, thank you for choosing our Hotel for your holiday.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

hi i have just rerurned back from this hotel and would go back again as this is a lovely clean and friendly hotel. the staff were very good and were always runnign around trying to please you.The rooms were lovely and clean and the views were really nice. It did get a little noisy some early mornings ie 4 0clock am as new people were arriving but thats the flight times that you seem to get there. the hotel is in a prime location with the dolmus bus right outside wich you can catch to either to marmaris town centre or to icemelar, the beach is just around the back of the hotel with a lovely walkway all the way to town if you wanted to walk with some lovely bars and restauarants. The entertainment was ok as entertainment goes, the singer giutarist they had on one night was good and so were the dancers. The food was lovely with everything from pancakes to waffles for breakfast but the only downfall was that there was no bacon for breakfast ever!!!! always lovley freshly done jacket potatoes everynight wich were lovely... although as with all all inclusives the food does a get little monotonous at times especially at lunch but the cakes were always to die for , but they did have a good pool buffet with chips pizza and burgers for thos who didnt wwish to eat in the restaurant . I have been to turkey 9 times and would say that htis is the best hotel i have stayed in there (as you must remember 5 star in turkey is not the same as 5 star anywhere else) but iw ould definately go back the only downside i would say is that there is only one bar and that is the one outside by the pool there is one inside but it only serves coffee (and sandwiches after midnight wich is good for a snack if hungry) There is a lovely seating area with comfy sofas if you wish some quiet time to read with books that you can borrow wich is good if you have to vacate your room by midday also there is 2 lovely shower dressing rooms where you can get showered and changed if you wish if you have a late flight you just need to ask at reception for th key all in all a lovely modern hotel hope this helps.....

Room Tip: ask for a sea view also quieter than pool view
2  Thank sam g

Thank you for your holiday review posted on the tripadvisor website.
I am happy to read that you have both enjoyed your holiday with us and have experienced the hospitality of the Hotel from the cleanliness of the Hotel and rooms to the friendliness of the staff and of the location of of which contribute to your holiday enjoyment. I do hope that we will be able to welcome you both again in the future and on behalf of the Team here at Ideal Premium, thank you for choosing our Hotel for your holiday.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

After going to this hotel for a weeks all inclusive I wish I had booked for longer. After a long journey from the airport (after mess ups with Thomas Cook) we arrived at the hotel and where checked in and in our room in minutes. The room was clean and tidy and the air conditioning was perfect. I would definately recommend the hotel for anyone looking to stay in Marmaris. The Spa was excellent no hassel from the staff but if you do want a Turkish bath I would recommend using the hotel spa rather than outside ones. The food was varied and something for everyone (being a particularly fussy eater I never went hungry). Unfortunately the A La Carte restaurant was fish dishes so we didnt try the food there but it was highly recommended by other guests. There was no problem in getting two sunbeds for us lay by the pool. I would defintately go back.

Room Tip: Do not have a room above the blackout club - too noisy at night

Thank you for your holiday review posted on the tripadvisor website.
I would also like to thank you for your comments regarding your Budha Spa experience, the ease of check-in and the free room facilities of air-conditioning, pool towels, safe and mini-bar on arrival and the variety of food served. I do hope that we will be able to welcome you both again in the future and on behalf of the Team here at Ideal Premium, thank you for choosing our Hotel for your holiday.