“Lovely Hotel”

SunConnect Grand Ideal Premium
Ranked #16 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
“Lovely Hotel”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

The hotel is lovely and extremely clean. Our room was kept very clean with beach towels supplied and a small fridge. Pool area had plenty of sun beds. Animation team spoke to us a lot even though we did not participate in any activities. Staff were all friendly and very helpful.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank SparkfromEK
iphotels, Ideal Team at SunConnect Grand Ideal Premium, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Thank you for your holiday review posted on the Tripadvisor website.
I am happy to read that you have enjoyed your holiday with us and have experienced the hospitality of the Hotel. I hope that you will visit us again in the future and on behalf of the Team here at Ideal Premium, thank you for choosing our Hotel for your holiday.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (507)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Grangemouth
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We stayed for a week in April 2014 and 2 adults and 2 kids really enjoyed our holiday. My 9 year old wanted to make it 5 out of 5 stars but the rest of the family scored 4. We have only had one all inclusive holiday previously, which we did not enjoy but intend to try to go back to this hotel next year if the price is similar. The main reason for the 4 stars is that the room is not to the standard of the rest of the hotel as it was small and dated but okay. Also, we got a room at the back of the hotel looking out onto an empty hotel (pools full of green water) and building site. I realise that the hotel can do very little about this but if I had paid more for my holiday I would have been asking for a change of room and disappointed if I did not get one (although from other reviews it looks like they will change rooms if you ask). The neighbouring hotel was due to open in May so the pools were being drained as we left. We found the food to be good with a decent amount of variety. I think that those who talk about 'not good for the English' in terms of the food must mean that they want more fast food e.g. burgers, fish fingers in the restaurants as this food is served between midday and 4pm in the snack bar (burgers, fish and chicken nuggets, spag bol, pizza and breads). Otherwise, we enjoyed the soups, chicken meatballs, kofte, pieces of chicken, 3 meat roast etc., and there was a great range of salad stuff. Also, lots of deserts although we did not find any of the food amazing it was good with some things that were very good. The breakfast was the meal that we tended to miss the most due to just being okay but we enjoyed the midnight sandwiches on a couple of occasions. I thought the snack food seemed quite poor quality but it did not stop some people eating loads of it. The staff were generally good including reception and particularly the staff in the restaurants. The pool was nice and my 9 year old used the slide when it was open (2 x 1 hour per day). The animation team were nice although this is not my type of thing and some of the evening entertainment reminded me of 1970's Britain e.g. bingo, a bit sexist by putting people on stage to humiliate them (let me put this egg between your thighs). However, the people involved did not seem to mind and were enjoying it. This was our first trip to Turkey and reading some earlier reviews that talk about Russians etc., I would suggest that perhaps (being Scottish myself) that people from other countries might not enjoy being on holiday with those who have drunken arguments (Scots), were drunk and loud (English and Northern Irish), push past in the queue (Welsh), were rude to others (East Kilbride) and strangers who throw your kids in the pool (4 to 5 times by Northern Irish kids). Lets be nicer to each other and a little more respectful of others on holiday. I am hoping there might be more foreigners if we manage to go next year.

3 Thank A B
Thank you for your recent holiday review posted on the tripadvisor website.
I am happy to read that as a family, you have enjoyed your holiday stay with us and I would like to thank you for your many kind comments regarding this. I do hope that we will be welcoming you again in the future and on behalf of the Team here at Ideal Premium, thank you for choosing our Hotel for your holiday.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Reception are ok
bar staff are really friendly I even went on a night out with one of them (really gd night haha)
The entertainment was really good all of the entertainment staff were amazing they wont hesitate to see how your doing and they will get you involed into all activitys if you want to.
Serdar duran the entertainment leader great guy and is always trying to make your holiday that much better.
food was amazing somthing different everyday u cant go wrong!
pool is good they have a indoor and out door with a slide
they have more or less everything for a great holiday if its a family holiday or just with friends
over all 5 stars I was not disappointed with this hotel :-)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
iphotels, Ideal Team at SunConnect Grand Ideal Premium, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you for your holiday review posted on the Tripadvisor website.
Guest feedback is important to us and I would like to thank you for your many kind comments regarding the hospitality that you have been shown by all staff. I do hope that we will be able to welcome you again in the future and on behalf of the Team here at Ideal Premium, thank you for choosing our Hotel for your holiday.
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Reception staff are okay, not the friendliest. Bar and restaurant staff are lovely and very helpful. Food is not great for English people. Pool is great with the slide. The location is not as good as every one has said. You have to get the bus into the town centre of marmaris to the shops. The day and night entertainment isn't great- the entertainment staff are lovely but quite annoying at times.

2 Thank Claire976
iphotels, Ideal Team at SunConnect Grand Ideal Premium, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thank you for your holiday review posted on the Tripadvisor website.
Guest feedback is important to us and should be given whilst in the Hotel giving us the opportunity to answer any questions that you may have. The Hotel hosts guests from many nations and therefore the menus provided are International and whilst incorporating Euorpean dishes, we also provide Turkish cuisine. The animation provided is on a 'soft' basis with daily activities such as water gym, water polo, pool competitons, zumba class, darts competition, weather can affect the provision of anımation during April and October as brochured and therefore provision can be made for mini disco and quiz nights etc to be held in the Black Out Club. I do hope that your review is now satisfied. Thank you for choosing our hotel for your holiday.
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here from 14/04/14-21/04/14 and it was the best week ever. It was our 4th time visiting the hotel and it was as perfect as ever. The bar and waiting staff have changed this year but this was far from a bad thing, they were all very friendly and welcoming. The animation team have also all changed but again really friendly and took time to go round and speak to people and try to get everyone involved. We used the spa and had the deluxe package and as always it's like a little day of heaven. We all enjoyed the spa and would highly recommend it. I used the hairdressers had a little issue but I spoke to them and it was sorted out and Tayfun done a fantastic job of my hair. The food in the restaurant was lovely at all meal times and I'm sure everyone will find something. Seen on here that people say they don't have enough British food!!!??? I personally don't live off of chicken nuggets and pizza and chips everyday, and I always manage to have an enjoyable meal. If you are booked or looking to book for this hotel you won't be disappointed, the team are fantastic and do all they can for everyone. Also a big thank you to Tania who helped us to arrange a cake and flowers for my mums birthday. See you all in July .

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank pinktartan
Thank you for your recent holiday review posted on the Tripadvisor website.
As a returning guest ı am happy to read that you have once again experienced the hospitality of the Hotel and the friendliness of the staff. I would also like to thank you for your comments regarding the change of personeel in the Service team and also of the animation team. I look forward to seeing you all again in July. Thank you for choosing our Hotel once again for your holiday.
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Me and my Mum spent a week at this hotel in April and I have to say that it is the best hotel I have ever stayed in! From the second you walk in the door, there are friendly faces to greet you on reception and staff to help carry your luggage. The rooms are cleaned to the highest standard and the hotel is absolutely spotless at all times, very very clean! The waiters and bar staff were SO helpful it was unbelievable, nothing was too much trouble, they are lovely to talk to and have a laugh with, service with a smile is an understatement! The animation team were some of the loveliest people we have ever met, fantastic at their jobs - especially Lionel, Akin and Tatiana x2! who made us feel so welcome, took time to sit and chat/play card games with us and led fantastic entertainment opportunities for audiences of all ages! I had a Turkish bath in the spa and it was something not to be missed, absolutely wonderful and lovely staff - especially Jenny and the man on the spa receptionist, we loved speaking to her every day, even when we didn't have treatments, she made a great effort and made us feel like friends! Overall, the staff all over the hotel were amazing and so obliging - no tips ever expected! The food was gorgeous, such a variety for all different tastes, something to look forward to each day and presented fantastically! I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone thinking of going to Marmaris, it was my first time in Turkey and I loved it, it was very close to the beach and only a short bus ride away from main Marmaris centre! I hope to return to this hotel again next year - couldn't fault a thing, thank you for an amazing holiday!

5 Thank Emma R
Thank you for your recent holiday review posted on the Tripadvisor website.
I would also like to thank you for your many comments regarding your holiday stay with us from your enjoyment of the animation, variety of food and the Budha Spa, as well as the friendliness of the staff and the cleanliness of the Hotel. I do hope that we will be able to welcome you again in the future. Thank you for choosing Ideal Premium for your holiday.
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Just spent a week here hotel was great staff were friendly great value for money food was superb location was great could not find falt with anything will certainly stay here again I needed a week hols and this was a superb hol maybe see you next year

• Stayed April 2014
Thank you for your review posted on the Tripadvisor website.
I am happy to read that we have exceeded your expectaions of your holiday and ı would like to thank you for your comments regarding the hospitality of our Hotel that you have experienced. I do hope that you will return in the future. Thank you for choosing Ideal Premium for your holiday.