“poor weather lovely hotel”

SunConnect Grand Ideal Premium
Ranked #16 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Belfast, United Kingdom
“poor weather lovely hotel”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Stayed in this hotel with my husband 27 april 2014 for two weeks. I have stayed in many 4 and 5 star hotels in turkey and this was one of my favourite hotels. This hotel is staffed by a team of very hardworking and courteous people. Everyone we met was so pleasant and kind. The managers were approachable and friendly. The hotel is spotless. The food is plentiful and varied and beautifully presented. The barmen are happy and generous with measures!!!!....
We really enjoyed our stay here and would definitely return. Thanks for a lovely holiday.....

Room Tip: Overlooking the pool middle floor if possible
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank karen c
iphotels, Ideal Team at SunConnect Grand Ideal Premium, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Thank you for your recent holiday review posted on the Tripadvisor website.
Guest feedback is important to us and I am happy to read that you have enjoyed your holiday stay with us experiencing the services and facilities that we offer. I would also like to thank you for your comments regarding the friendliness of the staff. I do hope that you will visit us again in the future and on behalf of the Team here at Ideal Premium, thank you for your recommendation and for choosing our Hotel for your holiday.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (507)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
hamilton,united kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We arrived late at night approx. 11pm and were promptly checked in then given the key to our room along with a free safe key. You are only allowed one key per room and if you lose it it will cost 10 lira and the safe key, if lost will cost 100 lira. we were lucky enough to keep them all safe.

The room is enought for what you need. A double and single bed, flat screen tv with itv and citv for the wee one, along with sky and world news, just enought for us as we didnt spend much time in the room. You have a large double wardrobe with hanging space and shelf two large drawers, dressing table with two drawers also below your safe. There is also a drawer at each bedside so enough space. The bathroom was lovely with a powerful shower, large mirror and a hairdryer. The balcony was large with table and two chairs. We overlooked the pool and views of the sea, absolutely perfect (room 329). Maid service was fantastic she came every day of our stay cleaned everything and left fresh towels. Beach towels were also left when required or you could collect them from reception. There is a small fridge which was stocked about four times during our two weeks with 3 bottles of water and six cartons of fruit juice. This is a great touch and well needed.

The hotel is well laid out. There was a resaurant on the downstairs for breakfast and evening meal. I thought the food was excellent and well varied. Anyone who moans about food are just bad eaters. They cater to a high number of different nationalities therefore chips at breakfast may be for some other nationality and why moan? dont eat them. There was selection of cereals, fruit, conserves, yoghurts. hot food sausage beans, omelettes, fried and boiled eggs, waffles, french toast, croissants and various different types of bread too many to mention. The toaster was fab and the toast was excellent. There was cheeses of all different types along with a huge selection of salad. If you cannot find anything from this then im amazed.

There is a restaurant upstairs for lunch where you can sit outside in a beautiful setting and especially nice on a sunny day. There is waiter service in both restaurants coming round all the time given you water and offering drinks etc. They work extremely hard and are a credit. I dont think i have seen people work any harder than this hotel. Wonderful, helpful and pleasant people. so, you have soups, any type of bread lots of salad, cheeses etc. then you have the hot meals choice perhaps a choice of two or three dishes. Fantastic In both restaurants you also have tea coffee, cappuccino was brill. All different types of herbal teas. Also a drinks machine with variety of flavours. The evening meal was also of superior quality and service and the baked potatoes were fantastic. I just wish they served them more frequently as they were delicious. I had two when i was there. Drinks at evening meal were served to your table if you wished. We could also sit outside at the downstairs restaurant.

There is also a 24hour manned cafe de paris where you can have hot or cold drinks (non alcoholic) also here they will serve you a baguette sandwich from midnight till 01:00.

There is also a snack bar serving spaghetti, sauce or bolognaise, chips, pizza, burgers, pide with various fillings and of course a huge selection of salad and pickles. It is also next to the childrens playpark which my daughter loved and spent a lot of time with friends she met there.

The pool was fantastic we all loved it. It is so long. Yes the depth is the same all the way along. However i am 5'6" and could stand up in it. My daughter played all day on the slide which is brilliant with her friends and i went down a few times myself! She can swim but i put arm bands on anyway. Fantastic atmosphere and the animation team did morning dance routines etc. They were brilliant and offered morning gym at the grassed area, aqua gym, darts, bowls and water polo, great animation team.

The pool bar staff are lovely and they would serve drinks alcoholic and non alcohol all day. there is also cocktails non alcoholic. They cannot do enough for you. I found them to be so pleasant and helpful. They work very long hours and can still put on a smile for you. The areas throughout the hotel are kept immaculately clean at all times. An army of bar staff and cleaners are always on hand cleaning and clearing up at all times. Wonderful.

There is a shop on site and the owners are lovely! you can buy just about anything in the shop. The hairdresser attached is also very good with great staff. My husband, myself and my daughter all got our hair cut for £20 fantastic value. I also had a pedicure for £8 brill. The spa ...i didnt have turkish or massage as thats not for me but they do great packages. I had a facial for £20 and it was fabulous. There is also an indoor pool which you can also use. The photographer i felt was too expensive for us, maybe this is something thats an overall opinion, i dont know. We got pictures taken on the mega diana for a third of the cost he wanted, but he was very pleasant even though we didnt buy any.

The entertainment...This was rather dissapointing in my opinion. The girls were great from the animation team with the initial kids dancing which lasted just under an hour. Then the adult entertainment would start. The same animation team carried this out. However i feel the animation manager was just a bit too hard on them. He would constantly be hitting them with things like the pool noodles or kicking them up the backside, not nasty, he thought this was funny but im sorry i thought the entertainment was diabolical, we left early numerous times very disappointed. The only night that was fantastic was on a sunday (the only night out of two weeks, entertainment was brought from outside) they brought in a female singer who sang non stop for about 2 hours! she was amazing, everybody loved her. I think there should be more entertainment from professionals here. I dont want to knock the entertainment team because they did a great job with everything. I think it was their manager that let them down at night. I didnt like his attitude but thats obviously a personal opinion.

We had a brilliant holiday here and im sorry if you have fallen asleep reading this lol. I would definately give this hotel a try. Everything was fabulous in my opinion except the entertainment manager and what i thought were a bit of bully tactics in his amateur performances. The animation team were absolutely fantastic and i felt sorry for what was expected from them at the night entertainment. It was terrible.

Room Tip: Oh there is free aircon in rooms
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
19 Thank annt936
iphotels, Ideal Team at SunConnect Grand Ideal Premium, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you for your recent holiday review posted on the Tripadvisor website.
I am happy to read that you have enjoyed your holiday stay with us and have experienced the hospitality of the Hotel from the free facilities provided in the rooms, to the variety of food served within the restaurants and snack bar as well as the friendlşness of the staff and the cleanliness of the Hotel and grounds provided by the house-keeping team. The animation team endeavour to provide a programme to cater for all nationalities, ages and sense of humours (Turkish Night, Live Music, 'soft' competitions and sketch shows) and I would like to thank you for your comment regarding the live music provided. I do hope that we will be able to welcome you again in the future and on behalf of the Team here at Ideal Premium, thank you for choosing our Hotel for your holiday.
Bridgwater, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Worst hotel I me and my girlfriend, have ever stayed in. Service was terrible unless you are a pretty girl. Food very repetive. OK if you like meatballs and mash. Both of us had diarrhoea, for about 3 days. It had to be from the food, from the hotel. Because we didn't eat any where else. So you guessed it we wont be back, and obviously would never recommend this hotel

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank andy V
Thank you for your review posted on the Tripadvisor website.
I am sorry to read that the Hotel has not met with your expectations and I would like to take this opportunity to add to the comments that you have made. Guest feedback is important and should be made whilst in the Hotel via the resort rep who visits on a daily basis or at the Guest Relation desk next to reception. All food and beverages served within the Hotel are of the highest standard and quality and is tested on a daily basis under the HACCP Policy which is controlled and monitiored by National Britannia Food Safety, National Britannia carry out adhoc monthly inspections and have awarded the Hotel the Gold Certificate for its maintained standards, the resort rep also eats at the Hotel on a daily basis, the Hotel cannot be held responsible for guests who consume food and beverages outside the Hotel. I do hope that this information satisfies your review. Thank you for choosing our Hotel for your holiday.
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Was told that this hotel was a four star which I was warned would be a three star in England, weel I got there and it was an English five star. Rooms were always clean and me and husband are messy. We went for our honeymoon, we booked through Thomas cook and found the rep, Fatma to be very helpful, sinasi is a wonderful barmen, loved his specials, you have to ask for them! Food was good, always something to have. Pool was lovely and big. Good location, near the beach and near shops. We loved the spa, had a spa day and cost a quarter of what it would in England and it was a great start to the day. Met loads of lovely people. I don't understand what the previous review meant about the customer relations lady saying it was a three star as she wouldn't have said anything like that. Yes entertainment was shut down for a few nights but that was because of the worst industrial accident (mines collapsed and killed 301 people) in their history so they were mourning their people. Nothing against that and huge respect to them for respecting their people. All managers were always on hand to take hotel comments and I know from another couple that had a problem, they told a manager their complaint and it was all sorted in a few hours. Evening entertainment could be better but animation team make up for that, they are fantastic. I loved the darts, not just boring darts, games were made up every day. I even won once. The hotel and holiday was so good that I cried on the aeroplane home! To Fatma, bar staff and spa staff, thankyou from the honeymoon couple! I want to visit so many countries, that I made a promise to myself, never to visit anywhere twice. Unfortunately I'm going to break this rule and revisit this hotel!

Room Tip: Choose a middle level room. Top rooms look squashed from the outside, not been in one and low rooms...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank laurenmoore1993
iphotels, Ideal Team at SunConnect Grand Ideal Premium, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thank you for your recent holiday review posted on the Tripadvisor website.
Firstly, I would like to congratulate you on your recent marriage, I would also like to thank you for your many kind comments regarding the staff, the Hotel services and facilities all of whom have contributed to your holiday enjoyment. I do hope that you will visit us again and on behalf of the Team here at Ideal Premium, thank you for your recommendation and for choosing our Hotel for your honeymoon.
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Arrived at this Hotel to find the reception staff completely confused as to why we where there,the girl just photo copied all our paperwork and handed them back and walk away, leaving us puzzled too! eventually we got our horrible room, after being told the girl misunderstood as we didn't have enough cases! Our Room on first floor just above reception was noisy the whole building seemed to act as an echo chamber with people laughing by the lifts right outside our door and at the bottom of the stairs, the walls where paper thin and the room next door played music and some very bad singing most nights until 4am. The Food was bad lots of re heated slop and the same food choices every night. The hotel is in a poor area, it's the worse beach I have ever seem, if you like litter and fag ends and sitting on builders gravel then you would love it, we didn't. The 2 trips we booked were both cancelled due to lack of numbers and the only thing to do was walk to Icemeler which was a lovely 45 mins walk along the coast. The entertainment was lacking, we had some poor weather and nothing was done to raise anyone's spirits, darts and one very half hearted dance round the pool where most of the staff looked embarrassed to be there. After 3 days of no sleep we asked to change rooms the surly manager refused and said we had to wait, eventually we got on the 4th floor, screaming kids playing football in the hallway!!! think he did it on purpose as there was a queue of people to change rooms all complaining about noise, we just got swapped around. This hotel is that bad we looked at flights to come home early but stuck it out with the help of a few glasses of what they call wine. This Hotel is suppose to be 5 star but even their customer relations lady told us it was more like a 3 star, she was the only member of staff who spoke any sense.

Room Tip: A Room in a different Hotel would be good.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Charmron
Thank you for your recent holiday review posted on the Tripadvisor website.
I am sorry to read that the Hotel has not met with your expectatıons and I would like to take this opportunity to comment on your review. Firstly, the Hotel is brochured as a 4* Hotel in the Thomas Cook brochure which also states that services and facilities may be affected throughout the months of April and October due to weather conditions. The Hotel hosts guests of many nations and therefore the animation programme that is provided endeavours to cater for all nationalities, ages and sense of humours. The food menu's provided incorporate many European dishes as well as those traditionally from Turkey and is tried and tested on a daily basis by our Quality Manager also eating in the restaurants on a daily basis are the Hotel Management and the resort rep, food served is not slop as you so describe. Again as brochured, the all-inclusive alcohol is of local wines and spirits with International brand Tuborg Gold, Pepsi, Pepsi-light and 7Up being served. All reports of noise disturbance are taken seriously when reported as offending rooms are contacted and Agencies informed, wherever possible, room change requests are actioned however not guaranteed. I do hope your review is satisfied with this information. Thank you for choosing our Hotel for your holiday.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2014

My husband and I took our daughter and grand daughter to this hotel. The only positive comment I can make is that the hotel was clean and the lovely lady who cleaned our rooms was wonderful. The downside of the hotel is that the food was very boring and predictable, you could eat it but you would be after a few days quite bored of what they offer for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We was all inclusive but after 3 days of hotel food we went to the 'Greasy Spoon' restaurant across the road from hotel for our breakfast's and dinners and I was quite worried about how adults with young children were feeding them at this hotel because apart from lunch at the pool side snack bar there was not a 'child menu' on offer. Now let's deal with the entertainment which was absolutely terrible. This hotel has the worst entertainment that my husband and I have ever seen. One of their routines was 'two of them holding a washing line and hanging washing on it' haven't got a clue what that was all about. The rest of their entertainment was just has bad. So if you are hoping to get a good variety menu and to be entertained then choose somewhere to stay in Marmaris. My husband and I go abroad on holiday at least twice a year but we will NOT be going back to this hotel. One last comment is that the bar staff are absolutely useless .

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Shirley S
Thank you for your review posted on the Tripadvisor website.
I would like to take this opportunity to comment on review.
The Hotel is International and whilst the food menu's which are on a 14 day plan incorporate many dishes from Europe of which the UK is part of, the Hotel also serves traditional Turkish Cuisine, we do not have a specific childrens menü due to the many choices of dishes already on offer in the restaurants and snack bar. The animation team provide daily activities of morning gym, boccia, children games,darts, aqua gym, pool games (water), water polo aqua fit,daily competitions and dance classes as well as zumba, the evening programme endeavours to incorporate sketches to süit all nationalities and ages, as well as Turkish night and Live music.
I hope your review is satisfied with this information. Thank you for choosing our Hotel for your holiday.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

When we arrived we were amazed by the beauty of this hotel, hotel staff all friendly and will do anything to help you. Food was good and there was always something to eat for all 6 of us 1 of us being very fussy! The rooms were very nice, just what you need. Nice balcony's to relax on to. Pool amazing and always plenty on sun loungers. Met some amazing people here and can't wait to return next year,

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Gemma C
Thank you for your recent holiday review posted on the Tripadvisor website.
I would like to thak you for your comments regarding the Hotel hospitality and your enjoyment of the services and facilities provided. I do hope that we will be welcoming you again in the future and on behalf of the Team here at Ideal Premium, thank you for your recommendation and for choosing our Hotel for your holiday.