“GREAT FAMILY HOTEL” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #16 of 233 Hotels in Marmaris
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“GREAT FAMILY HOTEL”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

we went on a family holiday April into May, my father in law had booked the hotel and holiday for us all adults one 3 year old, when I first looked at the pictures I thought the sister hotel looked much better but I have to say when I got there the hotel was STUNNING and SPOTLESS, the entrance is gorgeous with beautiful changing lights we didn't get in till late so we just wanted to get our cases room key and go, we got an ALL INCLUSIVE WRIST BAND and then went to our room, we had a man at the lobby kindly offer to take out bags but we insisted that we would but that was very kind,

ROOM was lovely balcony over looked a new hotel
Getting built we were warned before we went by Thomas cook that we might hear noise but we never heard a thing in the room or the pool so were happy with that as that the thought of hearing drills out is off, the room was cleaned every day it was spotless normally when u walk on stone floor u get we bits stick to ur feet but the room really was so clean, good enough size for me partner and baby

POOL brilliant you get the sun all day no matter where you lie, pool bar is great aswell and you have a snack bar too very handy with having a baby who constantly wants nibbles, the staff at the pool bar were sometimes quite ignorant a few times I asked for a drink they would start serving someone else and I had to ask twice on more than one occasion but other than that everyone was very attentive

MEALS/RESTAURANTS we enjoyed every meal we got at dinner and snacks during the day the only thing that was disappointing was breakfast they had scrambled egg toast and a continental selection no bacon sausage etc do we ate out for breakfast a few times, the service at meals it's next to mine the staff are so attentive anything you need they will get sometimes it was difficult to get a table for 7/8 people as there was 7 of us and tables are placed in sets of 2/4 or 6 so we had to sit out sometimes,

ACTIVITES the hotel had a nightclub which we visited twice you get your drink for free till 12 then after that till 1 you get billed to your room so be careful as when you check out you may have a nice wee bill waiting for you, for kids they have staff doing things all day water sports Zumba darts table tennis at night they put on a show with the staff and the kids and adults was enjoyable and my we girl loved it

LOCATION from airport is long but once your at hotel it's close to shops and beach too, we wanted to visit rangers bar it took is 15/20 mins to get there but was nice walk along the beach front bar street was a wee but away aswell my brother in law
And friend went there most nights,

OVERALL was a great holiday my father in law was at sister holiday last year and said he prefers this one, only downpoint my which isn't the hotels fault was the weather it's a gamble when you go at that time we had a very hot first day the rest were cloudy with some sun at nights it was raining for 4 of them thunderstorms for 2 of them and the second last day was roasting was nice to get some sun before heading home would go back here again and would recommend it to anyone

THANKS FOR A GREAT STAY

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Kim M
iphotels, Ideal Team at SunConnect Grand Ideal Premium, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Thank you for posting your recent holiday review on the Tripadvisor website.
Guest feedback is important and I am very happy to read that you have all enjoyed your holiday stay with us. I would also like to thank you for your many comments regarding the Hotel from the cleanliness provided by the house-keeping team in the rooms and the grounds, the pool and activities provided by the animation team and of the food served in the restaurants and snack bar, all of which have contributed to your Ideal experience. I do hope that we will able to welcome you all again in the future and on behalf of the Team here at Ideal Premium, thank you for choosing our Hotel for your holiday.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (485)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
greater manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Me and my friend have just returned from a fantastic weeks holiday here. The place is spotless and nicely set out in a good location. Staff were really friendly and go out their way to make you feel happy and welcome. The food was good lots of great choices that cater for all nationalitys. The pool area was big and very clean. The bar service was fab and the local spirits and beer produce was a good standard. I would like to personally thank Umut and the young girl on reception. They were very helpful and kind and always smiling and happy. Umut always gave you good advise and was a fantastic person. Ramia who worked on the paris coffee bar was such a nice person. It was always a pleasure to talk to her every morning when i had an hangover and the coffeee was really nice too:). Also there is a fantastic hairdesser called tayfun within the hotel grounds who is a genius at doing curly blowdrys and straight blow drys without using straigtners . Hes charges between £8/£10 and you can pay with engish money. I went there every night before me and my friend went to barstreet in marmaris. I was impressed with how he did my hair and was such a nice person. Also they have a nail bar which looked good. I didnt use this but i seen some of the customers finished manicures and predicures and they were amazing. The entertainment team were also fantastic aspecially lionel. He was great with children. I had no faults with my stay here and hope to return with my friend in september as it was out of this world . Worth every penny and fanastic people . Me and natalie miss you all at hotel:)

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank lisag123s
iphotels, Ideal Team at SunConnect Grand Ideal Premium, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thank you for posting your recent holiday review on the Tripadvisor website.
Guest feedback is important and I would like to thank you for your many kind comments regarding the friendliness of the staff,the cleanliness you have found and the variety of food served. All of which has contributed to your holiday fun. I do hope that we will be welcoming you again in the future and on behalf of the Team here at Ideal Premium, thank you for your recommendation and for choosing our Hotel for your holiday.
Totnes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

I have been meaning to write this review for a month now. My boyfriend and I went for 1 week on 2nd May and we haven't stopped talking about it since! The Hotel itself is modern, clean and well presented, the staff are very welcoming and there to collect your luggage for you on arrival.

The one thing we really want to say is the staff are absolutely INCREDIBLE!! We were made to feel like part of the hotel by everyone! One person in particular is Mehmet, you will find him mostly in the Paris Bar. He has time for everyone and we have left Turkey with memories which we will never forget.

All the staff are so friendly and lovely, Dave / Teflik (in the restaurant), the other guys in the restaurant as well absolutely brilliant, they will have a laugh with you and a bit of banter its just brilliant. The guys on the cocktail bar are also fantastic. Another lovely lady was the guest relations manager (I have forgotten her name already) but she is there to help you with anything you need or even just a chat!

The room was lovely, the pool was lovely - the animation team are brill too! I cant fault a thing about this hotel, we have been on 7 holidays in the past 3 years and this was by far the best! There are things to do for everyone, families, couples, elderly people... i recommend taking a walk down to the beach (just 2 mins walk from the hotel) where this is a lovely restaurant called Sisters Steak House, again the staff are so friendly. Everyone has time for you in Turkey for nothing in return. We are already planning our return holiday to this hotel! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!! I hope this will help you in making your decision to book your holiday here.

Oh I nearly forgot, i highly recommend that you try some spa treatments in the in-house spa not only are they fantastic and amazing value but the staff are also lovely, watch out for Speedy, he's hilarious and genuinely a really nice bloke!

Top Hotel, AMAZING STAFF!

Jess & Chris

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view room on the 3rd, 4th or 5th floor!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lane090
Thank you for your recent holiday review posted on the Tripadvisor website.
I would also like to thank you for your many comments regarding the Hotel and its staff, all of whom have contributed to your holiday enjoyment. I do hope that you will visit us again in the future and therefore on behalf of all the team here at Ideal Premium, thank you for your recommendation and for choosing our Hotel for your holiday.
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

We stayed in this hotel 24th May for 11 nights as a family of four.Arrived early hours of the morning, staff were on standby for a swift check in and porter took our cases up to our room straight away. Staff were very friendly, polite and very good service at the bars and restaurants.The English Guest relations lady went above and beyond her duties to help and assist us. Would definitely return to this hotel. food was good, what you can expect from an all inclusive hotel, we always found something to eat.Something for everyone. Location was brilliant with the bus always stopping outside the hotel to go into the towns when hailed down. My son was very pleased with the FREE pool table. FREE safe in the room, which is a bonus. Entertainment team and cleaners were very hard working and worked long hours. Cant understand the bad reviews. We really enjoyed our stay. Only fault we could find was, rooms could be bigger and there could be a kids club...but that is us being picky!

Room Tip: once experienced noisy neighbours, which sometimes you are going to get. Reported to reception and t...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Karen P
iphotels, Ideal Team at SunConnect Grand Ideal Premium, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Thank you for your recent holiday review posted on the Tripadvisor website.
I am happy to read that you have all enjoyed your family holiday and have experienced the hospitality of the Hotel staff, its services and facilities. I do hope that we will be able to welcome you again in the future and on behalf of the Team here at Ideal Premium, thank you for your recommendation and for choosing our Hotel for your holiday.
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

Stayed in this hotel with my husband 27 april 2014 for two weeks. I have stayed in many 4 and 5 star hotels in turkey and this was one of my favourite hotels. This hotel is staffed by a team of very hardworking and courteous people. Everyone we met was so pleasant and kind. The managers were approachable and friendly. The hotel is spotless. The food is plentiful and varied and beautifully presented. The barmen are happy and generous with measures!!!!....
We really enjoyed our stay here and would definitely return. Thanks for a lovely holiday.....

Room Tip: Overlooking the pool middle floor if possible
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank karen c
Thank you for your recent holiday review posted on the Tripadvisor website.
Guest feedback is important to us and I am happy to read that you have enjoyed your holiday stay with us experiencing the services and facilities that we offer. I would also like to thank you for your comments regarding the friendliness of the staff. I do hope that you will visit us again in the future and on behalf of the Team here at Ideal Premium, thank you for your recommendation and for choosing our Hotel for your holiday.
hamilton,united kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

We arrived late at night approx. 11pm and were promptly checked in then given the key to our room along with a free safe key. You are only allowed one key per room and if you lose it it will cost 10 lira and the safe key, if lost will cost 100 lira. we were lucky enough to keep them all safe.

The room is enought for what you need. A double and single bed, flat screen tv with itv and citv for the wee one, along with sky and world news, just enought for us as we didnt spend much time in the room. You have a large double wardrobe with hanging space and shelf two large drawers, dressing table with two drawers also below your safe. There is also a drawer at each bedside so enough space. The bathroom was lovely with a powerful shower, large mirror and a hairdryer. The balcony was large with table and two chairs. We overlooked the pool and views of the sea, absolutely perfect (room 329). Maid service was fantastic she came every day of our stay cleaned everything and left fresh towels. Beach towels were also left when required or you could collect them from reception. There is a small fridge which was stocked about four times during our two weeks with 3 bottles of water and six cartons of fruit juice. This is a great touch and well needed.

The hotel is well laid out. There was a resaurant on the downstairs for breakfast and evening meal. I thought the food was excellent and well varied. Anyone who moans about food are just bad eaters. They cater to a high number of different nationalities therefore chips at breakfast may be for some other nationality and why moan? dont eat them. There was selection of cereals, fruit, conserves, yoghurts. hot food sausage beans, omelettes, fried and boiled eggs, waffles, french toast, croissants and various different types of bread too many to mention. The toaster was fab and the toast was excellent. There was cheeses of all different types along with a huge selection of salad. If you cannot find anything from this then im amazed.

There is a restaurant upstairs for lunch where you can sit outside in a beautiful setting and especially nice on a sunny day. There is waiter service in both restaurants coming round all the time given you water and offering drinks etc. They work extremely hard and are a credit. I dont think i have seen people work any harder than this hotel. Wonderful, helpful and pleasant people. so, you have soups, any type of bread lots of salad, cheeses etc. then you have the hot meals choice perhaps a choice of two or three dishes. Fantastic In both restaurants you also have tea coffee, cappuccino was brill. All different types of herbal teas. Also a drinks machine with variety of flavours. The evening meal was also of superior quality and service and the baked potatoes were fantastic. I just wish they served them more frequently as they were delicious. I had two when i was there. Drinks at evening meal were served to your table if you wished. We could also sit outside at the downstairs restaurant.

There is also a 24hour manned cafe de paris where you can have hot or cold drinks (non alcoholic) also here they will serve you a baguette sandwich from midnight till 01:00.

There is also a snack bar serving spaghetti, sauce or bolognaise, chips, pizza, burgers, pide with various fillings and of course a huge selection of salad and pickles. It is also next to the childrens playpark which my daughter loved and spent a lot of time with friends she met there.

The pool was fantastic we all loved it. It is so long. Yes the depth is the same all the way along. However i am 5'6" and could stand up in it. My daughter played all day on the slide which is brilliant with her friends and i went down a few times myself! She can swim but i put arm bands on anyway. Fantastic atmosphere and the animation team did morning dance routines etc. They were brilliant and offered morning gym at the grassed area, aqua gym, darts, bowls and water polo, great animation team.

The pool bar staff are lovely and they would serve drinks alcoholic and non alcohol all day. there is also cocktails non alcoholic. They cannot do enough for you. I found them to be so pleasant and helpful. They work very long hours and can still put on a smile for you. The areas throughout the hotel are kept immaculately clean at all times. An army of bar staff and cleaners are always on hand cleaning and clearing up at all times. Wonderful.

There is a shop on site and the owners are lovely! you can buy just about anything in the shop. The hairdresser attached is also very good with great staff. My husband, myself and my daughter all got our hair cut for £20 fantastic value. I also had a pedicure for £8 brill. The spa ...i didnt have turkish or massage as thats not for me but they do great packages. I had a facial for £20 and it was fabulous. There is also an indoor pool which you can also use. The photographer i felt was too expensive for us, maybe this is something thats an overall opinion, i dont know. We got pictures taken on the mega diana for a third of the cost he wanted, but he was very pleasant even though we didnt buy any.

The entertainment...This was rather dissapointing in my opinion. The girls were great from the animation team with the initial kids dancing which lasted just under an hour. Then the adult entertainment would start. The same animation team carried this out. However i feel the animation manager was just a bit too hard on them. He would constantly be hitting them with things like the pool noodles or kicking them up the backside, not nasty, he thought this was funny but im sorry i thought the entertainment was diabolical, we left early numerous times very disappointed. The only night that was fantastic was on a sunday (the only night out of two weeks, entertainment was brought from outside) they brought in a female singer who sang non stop for about 2 hours! she was amazing, everybody loved her. I think there should be more entertainment from professionals here. I dont want to knock the entertainment team because they did a great job with everything. I think it was their manager that let them down at night. I didnt like his attitude but thats obviously a personal opinion.

We had a brilliant holiday here and im sorry if you have fallen asleep reading this lol. I would definately give this hotel a try. Everything was fabulous in my opinion except the entertainment manager and what i thought were a bit of bully tactics in his amateur performances. The animation team were absolutely fantastic and i felt sorry for what was expected from them at the night entertainment. It was terrible.

Room Tip: Oh there is free aircon in rooms
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
19 Thank annt936
iphotels, Ideal Team at SunConnect Grand Ideal Premium, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you for your recent holiday review posted on the Tripadvisor website.
I am happy to read that you have enjoyed your holiday stay with us and have experienced the hospitality of the Hotel from the free facilities provided in the rooms, to the variety of food served within the restaurants and snack bar as well as the friendlşness of the staff and the cleanliness of the Hotel and grounds provided by the house-keeping team. The animation team endeavour to provide a programme to cater for all nationalities, ages and sense of humours (Turkish Night, Live Music, 'soft' competitions and sketch shows) and I would like to thank you for your comment regarding the live music provided. I do hope that we will be able to welcome you again in the future and on behalf of the Team here at Ideal Premium, thank you for choosing our Hotel for your holiday.
Bridgwater, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Worst hotel I me and my girlfriend, have ever stayed in. Service was terrible unless you are a pretty girl. Food very repetive. OK if you like meatballs and mash. Both of us had diarrhoea, for about 3 days. It had to be from the food, from the hotel. Because we didn't eat any where else. So you guessed it we wont be back, and obviously would never recommend this hotel

• Stayed May 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank andy V
Thank you for your review posted on the Tripadvisor website.
I am sorry to read that the Hotel has not met with your expectations and I would like to take this opportunity to add to the comments that you have made. Guest feedback is important and should be made whilst in the Hotel via the resort rep who visits on a daily basis or at the Guest Relation desk next to reception. All food and beverages served within the Hotel are of the highest standard and quality and is tested on a daily basis under the HACCP Policy which is controlled and monitiored by National Britannia Food Safety, National Britannia carry out adhoc monthly inspections and have awarded the Hotel the Gold Certificate for its maintained standards, the resort rep also eats at the Hotel on a daily basis, the Hotel cannot be held responsible for guests who consume food and beverages outside the Hotel. I do hope that this information satisfies your review. Thank you for choosing our Hotel for your holiday.