“Disappointing revisit”

SunConnect Grand Ideal Premium
Ranked #16 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
“Disappointing revisit”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

I have just come back from marmaris this morning 4th July after 11 days at the grand ideal premium. We booked this after spending a week here last year which we thoroughly enjoyed , however this time I feel the experience was not of the same standard. The room we asked for a week before departing on advice from travel agent em did not get, we were on the opposite side of hotel from last year rm 352 and the standard of room was not as good as last year when we were in 161 over the dining room. The rooms are dated but clean, maid service changed towels everyday. The staff especially bar staff were not as friendly as last year, but the outside areas were always clean and free of used glasses etc. the entertainment team tried there best, but it was the same everyday and at night you could write down exactly what songs would be played prior to the evening starting. The entertainment needs to be looked at, as this does let hotel down. The food we felt was not catered towards the English, having said that there was plenty of variety and was presented well, but the que for the hot counter is very long and a free for all at times. This could be better organised, the food was better last year we felt. There were some unsavoury incidents at the pool area of fighting, and this had been reported but when other people had gone to reception they said nothing had been logged. This I found to be rather odd as more than one person had reported problems. The spa was amazing my wife and I had the Turkish bath, speedie the rep for the spa is brilliant. On the whole the hotel although not as good as last year, was still ok we will definitely be coming to Marmaris again but not to this hotel.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
iphotels, Ideal Team at SunConnect Grand Ideal Premium, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Thank you for your review posted on the Tripadvisor website.
Guest feedback is important and I would like to take this opportunity to comment on several points that have been made. The Hotel endeavours to fulfill as many guest requests as possible that are sent through the Agencies however these requests are not guaranteed due to the Hotel being full to capacity at all times, reception staff will always try to help with room change requests wherever possible.The Hotel has International guests and the menus provided reflect this incorporating European (including the UK) dishes and Turkish Cuisine, provided in breakfast are cereals, jams, toast, beans, tomatoes, eggs, frankfurter sausages and fresh fruit and yoghurts as the basic breakfast items, snack bar serves pasta and sauce, pizza, burgers, chicken nuggets, chips and salads, lunch restaurant serves soup, salads, fish dishes, meat dishes (maybe mince meat or beef), poultry (chicken or turkey dishes) as well as rice, pasta and sauce and vegetables, the evening restaurant serves a choice of soups, stir-fries, salads, pasta and sauce, a full mezze (starter) range, a plain cooked food (diet) buffet, a choice of meat dishes, a choice of poultry dishes and fish dishes as well as vegetable, rice and chips, fresh fruit, ice-cream (several times each week) and a full dessert range. I would like to thank you for your comments regarding your room maid service as well as your Budha Spa experience and hope that your review is now satisfied. We hope to welcome you again in the future and on behalf of the Team here at Ideal Premium, thank you for choosing our Hotel for your holiday.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (485)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Thornaby
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

Stayed here with my partner in 2011 and loved it . Went back 3 weeks ago as we now have a little boy and it had so changed from then, said its a family resort there was nothing for kids apart from a hour on a night which was mini disco also the entertainment round the pool was always for adults nothing for the kids , food was beautiful but on a night it opens at half 7 if you went in at this time you couldn't really get anything as the ques where really big so we where going in at 9 as it was quiet but a bit late to have tea when you have a little one . The service in the hotel was really good and rooms are nice but would just say don't go with little children

Thank you for your review posted on the Tripadvisor website.
Guest feedback is important to us and I would like to take this opportunity to comment on your review. Firstly, I would like to thank you for returning to us once again with your young son, the Thomas Cook brochures and website is checked on a regular basis for Hotel information, the Hotel is advertised as suitable for families providing free cots and high chairs, a small playpark and baby pool, we do not have a Hotel run kids club or Thomas Cook Kidsworld however the animation team do provide the kids mini disco each evening. I would like to thank you also for your comments regarding the service that you have received and of the food that you have enjoyed. I do hope that your review is now satisfied and that you may return to us in the future. Thank you for choosing our Hotel for your holiday.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

We stayed at the Grand Ideal Premium a couple of weeks ago as a group of four (aged 20-23). When we first arrived we were greeted warmly by reception staff and taken to our two separate rooms on opposite sides of the hotel, when asked if we could change rooms to be closer to one another we were directed to return to reception the next morning as it was late at night. We approached reception the next day and were offered an upgrade to a junior suite free of charge, the hotel staff were more than happy to assist us. Throughout our visit they were always more than happy to help and we even enjoyed a couple of nights out with some of the staff amongst a group from the hotel.
The food is lovely and we never left the restaurant hungry, I'm afraid we didn't get to try the seafood restaurant as it was fully booked, but otherwise the food was plentiful and of a high standard.
The location of the hotel is also ideal and everything is in pretty much walking distance, the beach is a mere five-ten minute stroll away.
We experienced the Turkish bath package as a group within the hotel spa and thoroughly enjoyed it!
We did unfortunately get stuck in the lifts a couple of times, so I advise taking the stairs just in case as they can get quite hot, plus it will help to burn off abit of the food you'll be eating!
Overall a lovely hotel, with staff who couldn't be more than happy to help if you ask them nicely. I would defiantly recommend!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Tyler P
Thank you for posting your recent holiday review on the Tripadvisor website.
I am very happy to read that you and your friends have enjoyed your holiday with us and I would like to thank you for your comments regarding the friendliness of the staff and ease of check-in, the food served within the restaurants and snack bar and of your enjoyment of the Budha Spa. I do hope that we will be welcoming you again in the future and on behalf of the Team here at Ideal Premium, thank you for your recommendation and for choosing our Hotel for your holiday.
Hull, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

I my other half and 14yr 11yr old just got back two's days a go the weather was hot hot hot 49c some days Turkey is lovely although it's crammed with hotel's everywhere there's also lots of trees so makes it feel not so crammed. The grand ideal is spotless as soon as you put ur glass down they take it away one waiter every brought us drinks without asking for them and looks posh too the bedrooms are a bit small but dated but was ok. Ill start with the food they did try to cater for everyone but we wasn't that impressed with it there was waffles and pancakes fried,boiled eggs loads of jams bread cereals chips tined fruit and melons and lots more other food I wouldn't say was breakfast but other nations might. Dinner was pretty much the same and the snack bar had chips pizza burgers ect. Tea at 7.30 had some nice things on salads baked potato all the breads rice sauces lots of different things but some of it wasn't labelled so didn't try them there was no bacon or sausage or strawberry pineapple which I was expecting . We didn't go hungry but did eat out 3night out of 7. There wasn't ice cream in the day for the kids which I also expected been al. The pool is nice and clean but y o u do have to be up early to get a good spot. The gym isn't really a gym it's got treadmills and bikes and one multi gym but not so good. We dint use the spa it was a little expensive for us as were not in too spas but it looked nice. We went to the hotel gym next door as my other half is a bit of a gym freak it's 100tl for 3days that's much better but the free weights only go up too 26kg so he dint end up going I don't think the Turkish are big on gyms as they all was calling him Rambo. Now the biggest problem was the entertainment it was shocking the team tried there best but it was awful one night they got 4girls up and a young lad he had to put a rope down there tops and skirts then up the next girls he didn't want to do it but he did and ended up showing us all there pants then they wanted us guest to take our bras off and give the team them the compare then put them on his head not for me. On Sunday they had a girl and band singing she was good it finished at 10.30 everynight and the one larger they have isn't that nice.you can use the ideal prime beach for Sun beds and drinks for free but carnt go in the hotel.I wouldn't stay here again but it wasn't a bad holiday and would probably go to Turkey again most of the people are friendly oh the night club never had one person in it .

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your review posted on the tripadvisor website.
Guest feedback is important to us and I would like to thank you for your comments regarding the cleanliness of the Hotel, the Hotel hosts guests of many nations and the food menus provided in the restaurants reflect this as well as serving traditional Turkish cuisine, the A La Carte restaurant is a Seafood (shrimp and salmon) Restaurant and the snack bar provides more fast food items including pizza and chicken nuggets. The Hotel is advertised as suitable for families as we provide cots and highchairs, a small playpark and baby pool, we do not have a kids club or Thomas Cook kidsworld in the Hotel and do not advertise free ice-cream during the day as part of the all-inclusive. The fitness centre is free for guests to use and is situated in the Budha Spa. The animation team team provide a full Daily activity programme and the evening programme consists of guest interaction shows such as Mr or Mrs Ideal, Men v Women, Best Couple, Live Music and Traditional Turkish Night, the evenings begin with the kids mini disco. I do hope that this information satisfies your review and also hope that you will continue to holiday in Turkey. Thank you for choosing our Hotel for your holiday.
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Well this hotel is wonderful all staff go out of there way to help you bar staff in the black out club especially helpful rooms always clean pasha snack bar great food speedy the spa guy brightens up your day entertainment team absolutely brilliant they are always about the pool area trying to get everybody involved in games no need to go to Barr street the best entertainment in marmaris by far overall lovely hotel superb staff room 120 was sea view would recommend Carnt wait to come again

2 Thank Kle3014
iphotels, Ideal Team at SunConnect Grand Ideal Premium, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Thank you for your review posted on the Tripadvisor website.
I am very happy to read that you have enjoued your holiday experience with us especially the friendliness of the staff, your Budha Spa experience and the animation team. I do hope that we will be able to welcome you again in the future and on behalf of the Team here at Ideal Premium, thank you for choosing our Hotel for your holiday.
Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Well where can I start, our second visit to this wonderful hotel. Hotel overall is spotless housekeeping staff cannot do enough for you pool area cleaned everyday always someone cleaning something . The food was lovely always something you could eat and especially when u r catering for various nationalities. Okay if u want fry everyday then it may not suit but hey oh who goes on holiday to eat fry every day. Entertainment team Ali. Akin Sophia Lionel Diane etc the work Long days and always try and get everyone involved this hotel is not advertised as being a family hotel however the entertainment team do try and involve the children. Tania guest relations manager is very helpful and will do her upmost to try and rectify and problem you have and will make you feel most welcome. Great hotel and great staff, looking forward to coming back

1 Thank Snazzl
Thank you for your recent holiday review posted on the Tripadvisor website.
I am very happy to read that you have once again experienced the hospitality of the Hotel from the room facilities, food served in the restaurants and snack bar and the cleanliness provided by the house-keeping team as well as the friendliness of the staff and your interaction with the animation team. I do hope that you will visit us again in the future and on behalf of the Team here at Ideal Premium, thank you for your recommendation and for choosing our Hotel for your holiday.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Well as my title says this was my third visit to the Grand Ideal. Once again I found myself in 'C block' in a room facing the road. I really don't know how to get a room facing the pool.

Ok, so what has changed over the years. To be fair not much.

Food at the hotel is of good quality and there is always something to eat, My main comment would be with evening meals. It really does seem like the wild west at times with big queues at the 'hot plate' grill area. Really disorganised which needs to be looked at.

What has happened to the lunchtime food. Chicken nuggets / burgers every day is a bit tedious, what happened to the chicken kebabs of previous years?

The animation team, well the less said the better. No, sorry that's not fair they do try hard but really do need to look at their evening shows. Something else that could be revisited are the hotel lifts, too small and slow.

One of the best parts of the hotel is the Buddha Spa, absolute quality. And Speedi the sales rep is a star. Another plus point is the hotels WiFi which works all around the pool area.

So will I visit for a fourth time, probably and maybe this time I'll find the elusive pool view room!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank deecjay
Thank you for your review posted on the Tripadvisor website.
Guest feedback is important and I would like to thank you for returning to us once again for your third holiday. Hotel concepts change from season to season from food menus to facilities offered within the Hotel. I am also happy to read that you have enjoyed your Budha Spa experience and hope that you will enjoy it once again should you return to our Hotel. On behalf of the Team here at Ideal Premium, thank you for choosing our Hotel once again for your holiday.