“Peaceful yet plentiful Sylvia Surrey”

TUI SENSIMAR Marmaris Imperial Hotel
Ranked #8 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Horley, United Kingdom
“Peaceful yet plentiful Sylvia Surrey”
Reviewed 15 July 2012

We had 2 weeks at this hotel in June We could not fault the food or the excellent treatment and help the staff gave us. Rooms in a lovely setting if you were not fit before you went you were after if you were at the top of the hill and did not want to use the buggy provided by the hotel. Would I go there again yes I would even if only for a week for complete relaxation. I would also like to congratulate the reception staff on their knowledge about the National Park in which this hotel sits and this proved to be very informative as to how and why the hotel was built away from Marmaris town. Well done to all of you.

Room Tip: If you do not want to have to walk up the hill request a room at lower levels or you have to wait fo...
2 Thank Sylvia1950149

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,187)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Wolverhampton
Reviewed 13 July 2012

I only read the reviews of this place once my wife had booked the holiday and arrived with mild trepidation. Warnings of paper-thin walls, dicey food choice, musty cupboards, surly staff. What on earth are these people talking about?!

The resort is set on a wooded hillside, running down to the sea and is well-manicured and maintained. The room and bathroom were spotlessly clean, the bed large and very comfortable with a memory foam topper under the sheet and the air-conditioning well able to cope with the 40 degree temperatures outside.

The bar and restaurant staff were quick and polite, the choice of food both at lunchtime and in the evening were varied and much of it cooked right in front of you - excellent choices of local dishes or you could opt for pizza (good thin bases) - plenty of choice and it varied from day to day.

The pools were clean, the sun-loungers plentiful and comfortable, the day trip on the VIP boat superb. I cannot recommend this resort highly enough other than to say that we've never been to the same place twice before but are seriously considering it now.

1 Thank Jim L
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2012

The Marmaris Imperial exceeded all of our expectations. From the moment that we arrived you could tell that this place was a small slice of paradise on earth. My wife recently had a cast removed from a broken foot and obviously walking was still a little difficult. I explained our case and the lovely people on reception allocated us a lower room with much easier access (please note anyone with simular disability). If you are looking for a very good quality holiday with great food and lots of peace and quiet in a superb setting then look no further - 10 out of 10.
NB: a special thank you to Eddie and the hard working Breeze bar staff.

Room Tip: If you find steps and slopes difficult ask for a lower room on arrival
6 Thank john s
Dorking, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Having returned last weekend I am sitting here wishing I was back at the Marmaris Imperial. Myself and my wife have been on many All Inclusive holidays with Thomson and I have to say this one has been the best so far.

On arrival we were put in room 556 which was a bit of a walk but once we worked out we only had 30 odd steps to what they called the beach road we were much better off than most of the other people we spoke to. Compared to the other holidays we have taken the room felt a bit dated but we found it comfortable with good air conditioning. If you wanted to use the safe in the room you had to pay for it and look after a key. The room was cleaned every day except Sunday's and the 2 ladies did a great job. We only saw the cleaners on our last day just before we left the room and they only came round for a tip....

The hotel itself was excellent and we could not fault the food and there was a lot to choose from so we certainly did not get bored with it. On some occasions we did not feel like lunch so we found ourselves at the beach bar where we found the nicest pancakes being made. These were made fresh by a poor woman who seemed to spend all day on her knees making and cooking these pancakes to keep up with demand.

This hotel is in a wonderful location and with great views from the beach we never had a problem finding a nice spot right by the water. I was expecting to find everyone up early to get the towels down on the sunbeds but this was never the case and even the main pool area was the same. The beach was very clean and raked every day and the sea was lovely to swim in which we did every day.

There is a great guy running the watersports and he does a Sunset trip in one of his speedboats which was great. With a trip round the bay you watch the sun go down with a glass of Champagne and he lets all the women drive the boat on the way back. We also hired a speed boat from him for a couple of hours and had great fun.

There are plenty of trips on offer and there was no pressure form the Reps to book them so we did the VIP boat trip and the Mud Baths at Dalyan which were excellent. I felt the Reps ( Sarah & Claire ) were very good as the only time we needed advice was when we headed into the town on the bus. Yes they were on the bus as well but were off duty and very happy to help with advice and directions.

I think the entertainment had not been given the best reviews in the past but I was impressed with the live Duo called the Under Covers and also I have to mention Grace. A young girl who sings and does the quizzes. On one occasion she was interrupted by a rude Russian half way through a quiz complaining there were no Russian song questions and she dealt with it very well with an excellent come back once he was walking away.

Overall this is a place I would highly recommend and we will be going back that's for sure.

Room Tip: When booking ask for a room near the front because there are lots of steps.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Kwyjibo1969
warwickshire England
Reviewed 11 July 2012

After finding myself totally addicted to the reviews of this hotel prior to travel I thought I would give something back with my own personal review.
Although the transfer from airport was about 1 hr 45 mins i used this time wisely to take in the views of this wonderful lush green scenery that was surrounded by breathtaking mountain ranges all around.
A nice touch on arrival was to be greeted by a nice fruit drink as we got off the coach as our cases were unloaded. A seamless and quick check in and we were driven to our rooms via buggy with our baggage following.
Rooms were simple, clean and ample for our stay with extras such as bathrobes,slippers and tea/coffee facilities. The TV had a good selection of programmes including sky sports channels and bbc news channels to keep updated from home (my husbands excuse!)
The bathroom was well equipped for all our needs including shampoo and shower gel dispensers on the shower wall and both were of good quality I used both during my stay.
Be prepared there is no bath though, just a large shower cubicle.
Our room was facing the yacht marina which when sitting on the balcony was a delight to observe with the beautiful yachts coming and going.

Yes there are lots of steps to rooms, but without these the views wouldnt be enjoyed or the setting as beautiful, it was like a pine forest setting with crazy paving pathways.

The resort itself was exceptionally clean and highly maintained and every where you looked offered eye pleasing sights whether it be the sea views, the marina, the excellent wooded areas, the gardens or just the winding paths surrounded by colourful trees and bushes.

The main Olmypus restaurant catered for all needs and was in my opinion was never disappointing the salad and desert counters were beautifully displayed and plentiful.
The show cooking was also a delight.
Some reviews mentioned slow service but I never did find this only very occasionly when times got very busy when it seemed everyone wanted to eat at the same time, the waiters were charming and loved it when you tried to speak a few Turkish words to them. ( a word of warning there can be a lot of wasps around outside on the terrace during mealtimes)

The Thomson reps were very helpful at the welcome meeting and would take time to explain any imformation you may need during your stay and they were always visible.

The entertainment team were also a very friendly bunch who wanted to make your stay enjoyable.
The entertainment itself was low key with dancers, quizzes and the resident singing duo who were very good or you could catch an open air movie night at the ampitheatre.
Or if you fancied a quiet stroll around the grounds and getting a quite drink at the Harmony bar overlooking the sea,that too was a lovely night.
You had the chance to tailor your own holiday with no pressure to follow the masses.

Daytime relaxing was also plentiful whether you fancied the jetty, the choice of two pools (the entertaining one or the relax one) or simply the beach the choice was yours.

The spa centre was recommended to me which we did try the package of the Turkish bath, oil massage and face pack and it was great which totally wound us down into a holiday mode all freshly buffed, relaxed and squeaky clean .

I could go on for ages because I loved this resort so much and I am still there in a way.
I have never felt this relaxed and contented in such a long time.

I must say on our departure from the resort the management staff all came outside with napkins and formed a line and waved us off waving the napkins, I thought it was a lovely gesture and sealed the deal for me to return.

So to summarise if your looking for somewhere in a stunning location, with gorgeous views and delightful sunsets with good well presented food and comfortable rooms with an aim to relax and unwind at your own pace, this is for you .......... sit back and enjoy !

6 Thank daisyblue
Russia
Reviewed 11 July 2012

It was very good. A quiet, respectable rest on the beach under the pine trees.
I recommend this hotel to anyone who is tired of city noise, crowds, children's screams.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms on the 2nd floor is with sea view.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank NatalieRussia
Wishaw, Scotland
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Everyone we spoke to enjoyed their holiday, the food was very well prepared and presented and a number of areas prepared and served fresh food such as pizza, meat balls, pasta etc. All excellent and fresh with many vegetables picked that very day from the hotel’s organic garden. At breakfast however the only consecutions to British guests expecting a British style breakfast was omelettes, scrambled egg or fried eggs, before the comments come about sampling the local fare, breakfast is not what I would consider a venue for sampling such. Because we were all-inclusive we received a meal in the all la carte restaurant unfortunatetly the food was no better than average and the staff continually presented our company with the wrong order.
Accommodation is located on the hillside, in blocks of four and I think the hotel is rated five at stars but a three star rating would be more accurate. A plus was a kettle and coffee; tea in the room and another nice touch was dressing gowns and slippers. However ladies who prefer to sit at a dressing table with a mirror when getting ready to go out will be disappointed with the lack of such a standard bedroom fitting... The shower was good but the complete lack of toiletries apart from a wall mounted dispenser was again not what one expects of a hotel given a high star rating.
We found all the hotel staff we came into contact with very helpful and pleasant and any request on a face to face basis or by telephone was always met with a pleasant response, but no action was ever taken to fulfil your request. I don’t know if they did it on purpose as they were all so pleasant. Staff continually waked around the bars with a tray and we did not know if they were only employed as glass collectors as we never seen them taking an order for a drink, making a round trip to the bar each time you wanted a drink.
The major problem was the very steep walkways and steps to reach your accommodation and everyone we spoke to were just not prepared for such an obstacle, there were buggies to take your up these hills but were not always available, that is the main factor that would prevent us returning, sorry if this review is a bit negative but we had such high expectations of the Marmaris Imperial.
We did enjoy our holiday and if you can accept the dreadful access route to your accommodation and have no walking problems then the hotel may be suitable for you.

Room Tip: If you are booked try and get a room near the reception, however be aware that such requests are rar...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends