TUI BLUE Marmaris
Club Sema(Marmaris)
  • Restaurant
Exen Hotel(Marmaris)
3,946 results
All reviewsharmony barbreeze barrelax poolactivity poolgolf buggiesimperial hotelbeach barbuggy servicecat cafemagic lifeblue cruiseafrican acrobatsturkish a la cartemain restaurantdrifters tributemongolian circuspine trees
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 May 2013

My partner and I stayed a week from 6th May through Thomson Holidays flying from Gatwick.

No issues with flights, on time, comfortable, big standard fare for food and drink at normal rip off plane prices.

Transfers, takes about two hours. Can't say the rep was too helpful in pointing us to the right coach but found it in the end.

Transfer was around 2 hours with a stop 45 mins outside Marmaris where, if you want a drink and freshen up you can though the food and drink on offer is again a rip off.

Just inside Marmaris we were transferred to a smaller minibus with a couple of others for the 10 min trip along the coast on a windy road to the resort. No real issue here just an extra short transfer we were not aware of. I thought it was because they could not get a big coach down the lanes but this is not the case as there were big coaches picking up from resort back to airport.

The facility itself is excellent and the welcome we got very pleasant. My partner has a bad foot and needs an op so I emailed ahead wary that there were many comments about the location of apartments up hills and steps etc which is clearly the case. We were allocated room 112 which was a stones throw from the main hub and facilities.

Rooms we were expecting more too be honest. Quite small and pokey but there was plenty of storage space and nice big shower. TV guide implies access to Sky sports etc but didn't work for us the entire week and no WiFi despite close proximity to free WiFi hotspots. If you need to use WiFi then strength is good round pool and reception.

Only other issue with room was the beds. As reported in other reviews they are H A R D and this did cause some sleepless / uncomfortable nights. I guess it's difficult as some may well sleep better on a hard better than others and could make just as valid complaint about beds being too soft!

Pool and sea front plus watersports were all excellent and as per the hotel and Thomson description. We enjoyed some well earned RandR round the pool, down on the comfortable loungers by the sea. All good.

Food and drink were, in our view, excellent for the price we paid for the holiday. We didn't get bored with food, it was all nice, fresh and very tasty. The included al a carte we thought was also very good but alas the only time we saw lamb on the menu which would have been good a couple of times for buffet dinner. We mainly drank beer and the house vodka and diet coke (Real Cocacola) and this was perfectly acceptable. Tried a couple of cocktails but there were nothing special.

Decent mix of people, mainly UK based and of all ages. Have seen lots of comments about flies and bees and the like but having been to Turkey for many years I can't say that it is any worse than any other hot climate and I had the pleasure of being stung by a bee so if anyone has an insect axe to grind its me!

In summary, great holiday and good value and would come again.

Just a final personal tip if you have never flown out of Dalaman or a Turkish airport before.....they are RUBBISH. Eat before you go, try and get some water through customers as you are looking at 10 quid for a burger or sandwich and chips.

Room Tip: Contact them ahead and ask!
5  Thank masojon
MarmarisImperialGM, General Manager at TUI BLUE Marmaris, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2013

Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for your detailed review about your holiday experience. All feedback and opinions are really important to us and by reading your review it was obvious you really enjoyed your stay, this confirms to us we are on the right track as we continue working hard to improve our guests overall holiday experience.
We are so happy to hear that we were able to meet your request, we try really hard to fulfill any special requests we receive. We do have bed softeners available you just needed to let us or your Thomson Holiday Advisor know, for future holidays please let our public relations team ozlemgokce.tok@suntopiahotels.com and we can arrange bed softeners in advance for you.
As an answer to your disappointment with the Wi-Fi reception from your room can we just highlight that this is not advertised as available in the rooms (despite any close proximity to reception) however, Wi-Fi is available free of charge both in the reception area and the Breeze Bar area as well as two free laptops at reception. We have 5 sports channels including some Sky sports which sometimes freezes, we have since taken them off and replaced with other channels.
Thanks again once more for you valuable feedback, we hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 16 May 2013

Loved our holiday so much last year we are coming back in July.cant wait for the fantastic food and relaxation.its going to be my birthday when we are so cant think of a better place to be for it?see you all soon x

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank fifi1Aberdeenshire

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your post on Trip Advisor, we are delighted to hear that you have booked Marmaris Imperial again and we are looking forward to welcoming you in July. Please don’t hesitate to contact and inform our PR Team if you have any special requests. ozlemgokce.tok@suntopiahotels.com
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 15 May 2013

My wife and I have just returned from an eleven night holiday at the Marmaris Imperial Hotel and we totally concur with all the other positive reviews. The hotel is eight kilometres from Marmaris in a beautiful setting over looking the yacht marina. As it is couples only the setting and fact there are no children ensured we had a very peaceful break. That said, local buses run to and from Marmaris every twenty minutes if you want to experience the shopping and nightlife in Marmaris.

We were accommodated in room 215 which is quite near the Relax Pool, Reception, Breeze Bar and Dining Room so we did not routinely use the services of the golf buggies which are available for transporting guests to rooms further up the hill. I personally do not think this hotel would be suitable for people who have difficulty walking and climbing stairs.

The food is excellent and there is always a choice of meat, fish, salads or Turkish quisine. The staff are friendly and Selahattin (Selo) at the Relax Pool in particular deserves a special mention for his customer care and sociable nature, he really did go out of his way to make sure his guests were relaxed and enjoying their holiday.

The one area I personally feel the hotel could improve in is the bar service in the Breeze Bar in the evenings. There appeared to be a lack of trained staff or any organisation to prioritise service, but this is a personal observation.

My wife and I will definitely return for another holiday and that is a good indication we had a great time at the Marmaris Imperial!

Room Tip: The hotel is built into the side of a hill and most rooms have a balcony facing the sea. The buildings begining with low numbers are lower down (eg 1-3) and the higher numbers (4-8) are further away from the bars and restaurant.
2  Thank William W

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you very much for taking your valuable time in sharing your experience with us. We are happy to hear that you have had a pleasant stay with us and we will pass your comments to Selahatin. The notes you have pointed out about Breeze Bar, have already been shared and discussed with the team, and rest assured we will have been following this with our new staff members.
Thanks once again for your feedback we hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed 15 May 2013

My friend and I booked a last minute deal to the Marmaris Imperial, we chose the hotel due to its good reviews and the amazing pictures on the Thomson website. We were not disappointed!

I suffer from gluten allergies and am a vegetarian, so I was concerned about the all-inclusive food, so emailed ahead. Within 24 hours I had a response saying they would happily cater for my needs. On arrival the staff went out of their way cooking gluten free bread and showing me which food I could eat. I massively appreciated this and it made the holiday stand out in comparison to others I have had dramatically!

The hotel rooms were lovely, and regularly cleaned and the resort had good facilities and was very well looked after. The resort is very big, so after a few cocktails we sometimes struggled to find our way back to our rooms. There are golf buggies to take you around if the walking gets too much though.

The Thomson and Suntopia staff provided entertainment and activities as promised, and were friendly and approachable - they really made a difference to the holiday.

All in all, I would strongly recommend!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Phoebe T

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your great review and the kind words about our team, it is really appreciated and shows us that we are on the right track.

We are happy that you enjoyed your holidays with us and hope to welcome you again very soon.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 15 May 2013

If you are looking for a luxurious romantic getaway in a stunning location - the Marmaris Imperial is definitely for you. The staff are extremely helpful and friendly, and will enjoy a bit of banter as well as catering for your every whim.
The all-inclusive selection of food is outstanding - more variety than you could imagine, with a mixture of local and themed dishes, as well as pasta and chips for the less adventurous! Would thoroughly recommend that you try everything on offer, but be prepared to put on some serious weight!
The rooms at the top of the complex do require climbing a lot of steps to reach, but the views are fantastic and you will need to burn off a few calories. You can also ask for a buggy ride if you can't face the walk.
The evening entertainment is a mix of easy-listening, quizzes, and local acts. We were lucky enough to catch a group of girls called "Stardust" who put on an amazing show. There is a list of inclusive daily cocktails to add to the standard drinks menu, which go down a treat after dinner, but during the day, you can't beat lazing on a lounger with a cold beer from the beach bar and a freshly-made turkish pancake.
There are a variety of activities on offer throughout the day; watersports, boat trips, archery lessons, and our favourite - the Turkish bath - well worth a try! Upgrade to a spa package - well worth paying a little extra for. There is also a local minibus (called a dolmus) which will take you into Marmaris for about 3TL where you can try your luck at the market. If you are a little nervous of the hard-core selling tactics, then we would recommend the Wednesday market at nearby Iclemer instead, which has a much calmer atmosphere, but you will still be expected to barter.
Just a few niggles if we are really picky: don't expect much from the TV in your room - the reception is pretty hit-and-miss, but you are unlikely to ever want to use it; the a la carte restaurant wasn't as good as we expected, but the main buffet sets the bar really high; you need to take flip-flops to the beach if you want to swim, as the foreshore is quite stony, although the beach is nice and sandy.
All in all, this was an amazing holiday in every way. Turkish people are lovely, and the hotel really is class. Everyone we spoke to on holiday loved it at the Imperial, and I don't think that you could get better value for money when you consider how much is included in the basic price.

Room Tip: The rooms with the longest walk from reception may not be the most convenient, but the views are stunning.
5  Thank CornwallAngry

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking your valuable time to share such a positive summary of your holiday experience with us here at Marmaris Imperial.
Your valuable comments have been highly motivating for the whole team and I am delighted that you had such a good time.
Thank you for your notes about the television and a la carte experience which I have already shared with the team, a la carte is now operating as two sittings and the TV reception was I believe an issue for three of the sports channels but we have a total of five, we are working on this to be resolved very soon.
I look forward to welcoming you again.