“Amazing holiday!”
Review of TUI BLUE Marmaris

TUI BLUE Marmaris
Ranked #8 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel quite last minute (and got quite a good deal) and it exceeded all expectations. The hotel is absolutely beautiful and the surroundings are amazing. We went during the last week of the season so obviously things were winding down, but we still managed to have fun and relax. The food and drink selection are very good and I would recommend renting the champagne cabana if you feel like a treat.

The entertainment team and Matt and Sarah were really talented and definitely kept me entertained! There are also loads of activities you can do but no one pressures you to.

I would definitely recommend this hotel if you want a relaxing and child free holiday.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank cjm_333
MarmarisImperialGM, General Manager at TUI BLUE Marmaris, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time in posting your valuable and kind comments on Trip Advisor with regards to your recent stay at Marmaris Imperial.
We are happy to read that during your stay you have experienced an amazing holiday and were able to return home with many happy memories.

Thank you for recommending us and we hope to welcome you back in the near future for another amazing holiday.

Sharon AY

Write a ReviewReviews (3,932)

Reviewed 28 October 2013

My wife and I have just returned from The Marmaris Imperial hotel after a cruise on the Thomson Celebration and I have reviewed the Thomson Celebration separately.
The transfer to the hotel from the ship took no more than 10 minutes once the cases were loaded. Check in was simple and we left our luggage in reception and were told the cases would be delivered to our room. Thank goodness for that as the Thomson brochure gave no indication whatsoever of the effort needed to get around the imperial. True the brochure says that in terms of location “On a hillside – steps to access some rooms and all public areas”. There is no mention in the Thomson brochure that people with walking difficulties would have a serious problem in negotiating this site. I did mention this to Nicola our Holiday Advisor – no longer called reps. her response was that the brochure states that it is on a hillside – very useful to know once you are there like the man we met who suffered from arthritis and walked with a crutch.
I have to say that once we had negotiated the tortuous route to our room the view from our balcony was stunning. We overlooked the small beach with the yacht marina to our left and the town of Marmaris in the distance across the bay.
The room was comfortable with a large bed and a small sofa which converted to a single bed. We had a good sized bathroom with an efficient shower the towels however looked as though they were well beyond their sell-by date. Cupboard space was more than adequate we also had a flat panel TV with not so good reception and an air conditioning unit.
The food in the hotel was very good there was an outside area designated Show Cooking where fresh dishes were prepared and the grilled whole fish was especially good. Lots of fresh salads and a food theme most nights. Far East Night was very good with a mix of Sushi – which I do not think was home made as it looked and tasted just like the Sushi that I have bought in a UK supermarket and there was also Chinese dishes which were excellent.
Not so good was the Gunes a la carte restaurant this was above the main restaurant and outside. The evening we visited the restaurant was cool and we could have done with an extra layer of clothing the food was nothing special and the only memorable item was the freshly baked pitta bread.
The hotel drinks quality was variable a warm pre-lunch gin and tonic is never really acceptable, Why the waiters could not put half full bottles of tonic in the fridge was a mystery. I think we were in the hotel the last week before it closed for winter so I don’t think the waiters were too bothered as to whether the guests were happy or not. The wine both red and white was of a poor quality however the draught beer was not bad.
There were sun loungers on the beach and beach towels were supplied. But as the sun never got to the beach until well after 11 am there was the usual early morning rush to claim a place on the paved area which was the continuation of the beach and got the sun much earlier.
The main evening entertainment in the hotel was held outside and was invariably some appalling female singer. As the evenings were cool and there are no doors or windows in the adjacent bar just polythene covers that are lowered to keep out the wind the bar area was chilly, There were designated outside smoking areas and one evening when there was rain the hotel put two umbrellas outside the bar “door” where the smokers could huddle, consequently cigarette smoke blew in to the bar.
There was a room adjacent to the bar which on our first evening was pleasantly quite. However as the evenings got cooler and the bar became fuller this once quite area soon became the home of the loud-mouthed.
It is difficult to see how; according to the Thomson brochure this hotel achieved a score of 95% for the Holiday Overall. After our first week on the Thomson Celebration the Marmaris Imperial was certainly second rate and I cannot see how it achieved an Official Rating of 5 stars but who understands the rating system anyway.
Would we go back? - absolutely not.

Room Tip: Any room on this large site would involve some effort to access due to the great number of steps.
4  Thank bazdurrent
MarmarisImperialGM, General Manager at TUI BLUE Marmaris, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your detailed comment on Trip Advisor, I am sorry to read we you could not meet your expectations for your holiday, Marmaris Imperial is located in the Marmaris Natıonal Park and I believe it is clearly advertised in the Thomson Brochures about the steps and layout, even photos of the hotel and description give our guests a clear idea about the layout of our complex, I really wish you had informed our Public Relations team whilst you were here and we could have looked into the possibility of changing your room.
I am happy to read you liked your room & bathroom, we have changed all the tube televisions to flat screens this year, and yes indeed we had bad reception at the beginning of the season and all the satellite system has since been changed in order to receive the channels better.

Thank you for lovely comments about our food, our kitchen team do work really hard to create new delicious dishes to satisfy our guests tastes. Regarding the cooler weather, we supplied pashminas and brought the dining times forward, provided patio heaters and took some of the entertainment in on the colder nights to ensure our guests comfort.

Our entertainment is advertised as low key and is not at the same as the cruise ship, however we had amphitheatre live shows twice a week, our resident duo as well as live groups on our stage for evening entertainment, as well as a full daytime activity programme.

Yes ındeed we achieved score of 95% from our guests, Marmaris Imperial is 4+ holiday resort as it had been advertised and is rated officially 5 star due to the facilities and size of the hotel. I agree this is a criteria that differs from country to country which is why it is wise to read up about your chosen hotel to ensure it meets all your expectations.

Thank you once again for your detailed comments and we hope you will have a pleasant stay on your next holiday destination.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

My wife and I visited in October and were pleased with most aspects. Very impressed with Thompson organisation and staff. It was our first trip to Turkey and we were fortunate that we were able to swap a £20 note for two £10 notes for the unexpected visa charge at the airport - take note Thompson!
We arrived late at night and were taken up to our room in a golf buggy. If you have any mobility problems insist on a lower room as ours had 177 steps to the beach! We tried to move down but this was not possible until well into the holiday and then it was too late. Room was basic for a 4 star and no bath which we would have preferred. The room was very clean and dressing gowns were provided. The beds were rather uncomfortable, but we asked for mattress toppers and extra pillows which arrived that day. The rooms are not very well soundproofed, but we luckily had quiet neighbours. Our room had, as advertised a partial sea view and was very private.
We have had better food on similar Thompson holidays and more variety. So overall food OK, but not exciting, certainly lots of chicken and local fish. The white wine was drinkable if a little warm but not the red. In the bars settled for Gin and Schweppes Tonic. Rather too enjoyable!!
The water is not for drinking but there are numerous fridges around the site with free bottled water and it was also provided in the room.
The entertainment was very good but we met some very good friends and there was nowhere really for a quite chat. The sun loungers were plentiful and comfortable with a number of locations to choose from. The sea was much warmer than the pools and delightful.
The staff were very friendly and extremely helpful. If you are interested in watches there is a very good on site jeweller who did us a great deal.

Room Tip: If you have mobility problems try and get a lower room.
2  Thank Phil M

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review about your stay with us on Trip Advisor. It is with great pleasure to read that you had a pleasant stay at Marmaris Imperial,
guest satisfaction is our primary concern. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed the comfort of your bed softener and the cleanliness of your room.

Thank you for mentioning our hard working staff , I believe each and every department members puts their efforts to make sure all our guests are having a lovely time…

Thank you once again and we look forward to meeting you as our guest in the near future.

My kind regards

Reviewed 27 October 2013

We booked a ten night stay at this lovely hotel and cant say we were disappointed one bit! We were staying the last two weeks of the resort being open and everything from the food to the efficiency of the staff and the cleanliness of the rooms was superb and above and beyond normal expectations!. Must also include a special mention to our holiday advisor Nicci who went above and beyond to help us when we really needed it first class customer service!!. The views were stunning, being on the beachfront and edge of the island furthest away its peaceful and tranquil and plenty of space to sunbath or relax on one of the many sunbeds along the front or the jetty. Their are two pools the relax and the one by the bar so you get the option of what kind of spot you want to be in during the day and there was restrooms and food or drinks service nearby which caters to any kind of need. The entertainment at night was fantastic a real variety between modern and older to cater for all couple ages, the quiz's were a personal fun highlight along with the singing sets from the entertainment staff and one group called manik who weren't only hilariously entertaining comedy wise but great singers and dancers who had everybody dancing making the atmosphere brilliant!!. The food again was as my partner quotes some of the best ever tasted!, the main buffet restaurant puts on different nights so no two are the same so plenty if variety and a chance to sample real Turkish cuisine! The a la carte restaurant was exquisite and really did give us the tastes of turkey its a must try whilst there!.The waiters work hard for their money and are on hand to replenish drinks immediately and accustom to your every need they get western humour also which is a pleasant change. Being big cat lovers we were ecstatic to discover a cat café which housed and looked after cats onsite at the resort who were friendly and cuddly and made a real impression on us (which helped with the mourning of missing one at home!). The thing I liked most about this resort is how it personally caters to your exact needs and feels personable to couples which is what is advertised and exactly how it is implicated especially no children around so a mature outlook is perceived and given at all times. Everyone is so friendly and chatty we met some truly amazing people who we have made friends with and kept in contact. Overall our experience here was totally unforgettable we are happy to give it 5 stars and would not hesitate to come back here in the future!!

Room Tip: one that's closer to reception and higher for view and everything (100-300) so you don't hav...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
MarmarisImperialGM, General Manager at TUI BLUE Marmaris, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing such a detailed review of your recent stay with us at Marmaris Imperial. We are delighted to read all your compliments on the facilities, the food and particularly the service provided.

Thank you very much for mentioning our hard working staff, comments like yours make us proud and encourage us to keep on working hard and offering the best of service to our dear guests. I have already shared your experience with the Team Members.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back in our resort.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

We visited this Hotel as couple during what turned out to be the last week of the season.
Lovely location .
Staff very friendly and helpful.
Rooms basic but spotless
I can only say that reading reviews I expected the food to be of of a higher standard than it was .
If your idea of show cooking is a guy flipping burgers then thats fine . There were plenty of salads and the fresh bread was beautiful , just as well as during our stay the food was awful.
OK you wont go hungry but crab stick sushi is not something I will forget anytime soon.
I do understand economics but dont accept what must have been the reduction of standards during this last week.
I am not ignorant and wouldnt dream of complaning about the lack of bacon and sausage during breakfast in a Muslim country ,but I cannot accept a tray of fried eggs piled up on top of each other and about two hours old . Several customers did complain on this particular day and service did improve for the last few days but I would say and I know that several people did agree with me that the food left a lot to be desired .
Three or four bad meals during a weeks holiday is a large proportion.
This hotel can only rate as a three star in my opinion , the towels were grey and thin washed out and no little extras in bathroom ie shower cap. All in all lovely location but dont expect a four /five star hotel.

1  Thank pam d
MarmarisImperialGM, General Manager at TUI BLUE Marmaris, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay at the Marmaris Imperial. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed our quiet and environmental location as well as rooms and our hard working staff. We closed the hotel on the 24th October, generally Greece and Turkey and other countries in the eastern mediteranean close at the end of October , over the last few days we had 100 guests in the hotel and we were catering for these 100 guests. We provided fresh food on a daily basis and the food provided was no different from what we provided in high season. I myself was also eating in the restaurant over the last few days as well as a lot of returning guests. We always consider any feedback we receive from our guests to improve our quality and as you mentioned we changed the fried egg service on the last few days to accommodate our guests requests, so thank you for informing us while you were here.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

A great hotel. The scenery is breath taking and there are many angles to view it from. The beach, although small is relaxing. The quiet areas and there are many (in October) are very tranquil. The hotel is situated amongst a hillside of trees. The views are lovely although ours as are many are obscured by trees slightly. the harbour nearby has some fantastic boats to watch and admire.
The rooms were kept clean and tidy and any problems we had were dealt with straight away. the reps were friendly and informative.
The evening entertainment was exceptional especially the 3 lady singers (forgot name) and the husband and wife duo. The evening quizzes were entertaining. the food was nice although it got repetitive. You wouldn't starve. Some of the meals ought to have had net domes over them to stop the flies landing on them though!! It was all set out very nicely. Be prepared not to get bacon as this is a Muslim country but there is plenty of other meats. The hotel closed on the evening we left and I felt the selection of foods did start to diminish early on in the week. We sometimes felt as though things were being cleared away in preparation for closure, yet we had paid for a full week. The staff are friendly and well presented. My husband helped the small young woman tidy the lounger cushions away on the last day as it was very hot and it was a struggle for her, where were the male workers!! The sea was lovely to swim in, and much warmer than the pool. It was bitterly cold. I saw about 8 people swim in it during the times I lounged around the pool. I would have loved to swim in it to cool down but it was painful!! The hotel 'cats' are entertaining and the staff do care for them although I thought the bowls they ate from were very dirty and didn't get washed daily or even every 3 days! We enjoyed the V.I.P boat trip which lasted most of the day and we were able to snorkel and swim, chat to other passengers and totally relax although faint background pleasant music may have been nice rather than none as it was sometimes too quiet. The cabin crew were friendly and the boat was very clean. The water taxi trip to Icmeler was lovely and relaxing.The pickup from the airport and return trip was ok but be prepared for a long journey although it is comfortable. You may need travel sickness tablets if you do suffer from sickness when travelling .The market at Icmeler is entertaining and I'm sure you will be tempted to buy something but remember to barter. They are used to it. Split the price in half from their price and go to where you feel comfortable. Don't over fill your cases when going on holiday then you will have room. They are very keen at the airport with over weighing your cases. The holiday was very relaxing and we made some lovely friends. Please don't think I'm a winger I'm not it was great and would go back again.

Room Tip: Ask to be nearer reception or lower level as it will mean less hill/steps maybe. Also for an upper b...
3  Thank DonnyDee

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for choosing Marmaris Imperial, as the place to spend your holiday. It was a pleasure welcoming you and ensuring the highest quality of service during your stay.
We appreciated so much your lovely comments which have already been shared to all our Team Members. Our Guest’s comments mean a lot to us and help us to move forward in the right direction to meet and where possible exceed our guest’s expectations. Our aim is to satisfy our guest by providing the most personalized service with highest standards and courteous manners.Our hotel is located in the lands of National park therefor our natural habitat is amazing, we love our cats and you can be sure they fed well and cuddled a lot , thank you for the point about the bowls which I have already dealt with,

Thank you once again and looking forward to meeting you in the near future

General manager

Reviewed 25 October 2013

Seen lots of long favourable reports - can only agree with positives, so I can try to keep this brief. Food very good plenty of choice, guaranteed to put on weight. Like the little touches of pancakes on the beach & for 1 day in bar. Rooms basic but clean and comfortable. All staff great, despite really long hours were pleasant, if a little splash happy in bar. Whole site is clean and tidy and it is a big site, In fact after a heavy thunderstorm all main areas cleared of pine needles within hours, all the rest of within 36hrs. Also food prep areas affected by storm and they had a plan B up and running for breakfast. Management high quality, they appeared to care. Worth taking trip into Marmaris for change of scenery, cheap frequent bus service, though nothing special there and market full of tat. Entertainment was usually much higher standard than normally experienced, odd poor one and permanent staff got a bit 'samey'. Do not miss the shows in the ampitheatre! Just a warning - there are a lot of hills and steps here as it is situated on a steep sided pine forested promontor, but the views are brilliant. If you do not mind waiting there was a buggy service.

Dear Guest,

I was delighted to read that you had a wonderful time at the Imperial and the team all really appreciated your compliments about the hotel. Thank you mentioning the friendliness and helpfulness of all our staff. I am very happy to read that you have noticed our management team work for our wet weather program. Our resort is located in the Marmaris National park and the steps and suitability for guests with walking difficulties is clearly advertised. Once again thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you as our guest in the near future.