“Wonderful Place”

Ranked #9 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Wolverhampton
“Wonderful Place”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We have just returned from yet again a wonderful break at Marmaris Imperial could not fault a single thing. The room was just were we had wanted it after we had emailed the hotel to request the room as we had previously been in a room further up. Staff always friendly. I must say a very big thank you to everyone we meet at Marmaris Imperial who were so helpful in providing me with pain kills after I had been thrown off a horse on a riding trip. Ronnie, Ann, Lisa, Andy and everyone one else thank you for helping to make our second visit so wonderful. Would be happy to book again. Food as wonderful as last year could not fault a single thing.

Room Tip: The higher the number the more steps to climb
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Maz64
tthotels, General Manager at TUI SENSIMAR Marmaris Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Guest,
I am delighted to know that you enjoyed another memorable holiday with us here at Marmaris Imperial.
Thank you for sharing such wonderful comments about our service and I am pleased to read that you met some great friends on your holiday too. Our Executive Chef Sener Ibis is extremely happy with your comment about the food.

We Look forward to meeting you again for your third visit.

Sharon AY

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,170)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Just recently back from our first time in a Couples Only Hotel, but fourth time in Turkey. The Couples Only thing took us a few days to get used to as it's so quiet you feel that you almost have to whisper at times. However, once we got used to it we grew to really enjoy the peace and quiet that comes with no kids being around. Another plus is that 90% of the guests appear to be British!!

The Imperial is in a great location with wonderful views across Marmaris Bay. The hotel itself is kept spotlessly clean by its hardworking staff who are all wonderfully friendly and always have a smile and a greeting whenever you see them. The food is plentiful and of a high standard and I would defy even the fussiest of eaters not to be able to find something every mealtime. The drinks are what they are in virtually every other AI resort in Turkey I would imagine, local, so if you are expecting Jack Daniels you will be disappointed but it is available if you are prepared to pay extra, likewise with the cocktails. The cleaners work exceptionally hard and do a fantastic job in the rooms. The Spa is highly recommended and is without doubt the best one I've been to in Turkey. In fact this hotel has so many plus points that I feel almost guilty to report the things that let it down!!

The main thing is the steps, if you are 60+ and not in the best of health then this is not the place for you. It was 114 steps from reception to our room or 105 from the beach but with a steeper climb. I'm only 46 and go to the gym 4 times a week but I witnessed people in their 70's up on our level really struggling with the dreaded steps. Common Sense would suggest that the hotel management would look at people's ages before they arrive and allocate a lower level room??

No doubt the hotel will argue that it has golf buggies to ferry people up to their rooms and indeed it does if you are prepared to hang around reception to wait for one. But these are another issue, they fly around at all hours of the day and night and are not particularly quiet. The staff seem to think they are Sterling Moss when driving them at times. Indeed my wife witnessed two kittens being crushed by one whilst we were there, something which probably could have been avoided had the driver not have been going so fast.

The WIFI could be described as intermittent at best which is really frustrating when trying to contact home.

The equipment in the Gym is dated and continually breaking down.

I have given the Imperial a four out of five because it is very good. Would I go again? Yes, probably, but now I am aware of the pitfalls I would ask for a lower level room on check in!!

5 Thank Paul C
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to write a review on Trip Advisor, I am really very happy to hear you had a pleasant stay with us.
We were all delighted to read your positive comments about the location, food, high standard of cleaning and our restaurant service. Special thanks for mentioning the housekeeping team and spa team who works very hard to ensure all the guests have a great holiday…...

Regarding to the points you have mentioned about buggy drivers I really wished you had shared this information with us whilst you were here so we could have investigated it straight away, it must have been a freak accident and also upsetting. Our drivers have worked for us for many years and are all decent human beings who would be devastated to hear this.

Yes common sense would tell you that we should be able to allocate older people to lower level rooms prior to arrival, and I think you have enough common sense to realise if this was possible then we would be doing this? The paradox is that you think we should be using our common sense and allocating all our lower rooms to the elderly but then at check in you would ask for a room closer to the main building, how would we manage that one I wonder?

For guests reading this, the brochure and all web information states very clearly we are on a hill and there are lots of steps to get to some rooms, if you are looking to be in the lower rooms then please book a garden view, or one of our suites. If you are booking a sea view then you will be allocated further up. Guests do contact us in advance and where we can, we are able to meet some of these requests.

So I do not really need to argue any point as the facts speak for themselves, the location is not going to change, the steps are not going to change so we work around this knowledge as best we can to accommodate our guests.

On behalf of the entire team at the Imperial thank you, we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Please let our Public relations Team for your future holiday arrangements ozlemgokce.tok@tthotels.com

Wokingham
Reviewed 8 June 2014

The outstanding feature of this hotel is the location overlooking Marmaris Bay and next to a marina. Sunset views were spectacular. Being couples only it was peaceful and although several miles from Marmaris town the dolmus service from the front gate is cheap and regular. Marmaris bazaar worth a visit as is the castle/museum. Went down to the harbour front to book a boat trip - a days excursion with lunch and all drinks included for £20 each. There are numerous operators and they compare favourably with the Thomson trip from the hotel which ids £40 with no drinks included.

Excellent facilities including 2 pools 4 bars and seaside decking area. Nowhere seemed crowded and sunbeds were plentiful without the need to go out and grab one at the crack of dawn (which we do not do!) The Spa treatment was also very good value and quality (so she tells me - I just paid for it!!)

Drinks weren't bad - beer, whisky and gin were good. Brandy was awful. Cocktails not very good. White wine pretty good, red wine OK.
The only reason for the 4/5 rating was some disappointment with the food. It was plentiful and quite acceptable quality especially if you like salads (I don't!) In terms of meat it was chicken and fish virtually every meal with the fish in particular being just grilled and often overcooked. We did have lamb for our visit to the Gunes a la carte but that was the only time which is disappointing for turkey. I gather that the hotel will not serve pork or bacon on grounds of staff being Muslim. We have never encountered this in Turkey before (or the Maldives which is even stricter on most things) It certainly did not stop them serving vast quantities of aclohol!! However we did not go hungry and we would return despite this.

The staff were excellent. Some could seem a little stand-offish but that seemed to be when their English was not very good - always better than my Turkish though. Overall their was a strong ethos about the place that they wanted to make sure had a good time.

The entertainment staff worked hard without any pressure to do things - thanks to Carl. Musical entertainment was very good including Drifters night, Streisand night and the Voices. Really don't understand the bad press the Players (Nick & Kyla) get in some reviews - they were proficient and professional with a good range of material.

We were in one of the highest rooms so got plenty of exercise without ever calling on the services of the buggy drivers (except for check in/check out) I think many reviewers exaggerate the "climb" - they must expect to just fall out of the bar and into bed! However anyone with limited mobility would need to think twice to ensure this is the place for them. Our room was fairly dark and cool which is probably a blessing in high season. we did not use the aircon at all.
Facilities were all OK and although some sign of wear and tear but nothing out of the ordinary. Yes the safe cost a tenner for the week but if you can afford a week's all inc here you can probably manage that. We checked out at 12 noon and pick up was not until 10pm. Just enjoyed our day with luggage safely stored but accessible if needed. Showered and changed in the Spa at 6pm then enjoyed drinks dinner and entertainment before we had to leave - way to go!

The location and the staff of Marmaris Imperial (along with perfect weather in the 30's) made sure we had a fantastic week from 22nd - 29th May.. Thank you and we would not hesitate to return.

Room Tip: Look at the website and email them if you have specific needs.
9 Thank Nick-Wokingham
tthotels, General Manager at TUI SENSIMAR Marmaris Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Guest,
We really appreciate that you found the time to post your positive experience on Trip Advisor and many thanks for your encouraging review and your truly warm words about the service and facilities at Marmaris Imperial. Comments like yours shows us that we are on the right track.

The reason we do not serve pork products is because they are not mass produced in Turkey and are not part of the Turkish peoples daily diet, alcohol is!
Thank you once again for the lovely comments on our team and service in Marmaris Imperial, the entire team looks forward to your return visit.
ozlemgokce.tok@tthotels.com

My kind regards,

Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2014

The hotel has a lot going for it: superb location in attractive, clean well kept grounds and strong eco friendly procedures. There are plenty of sun beds, excellent friendly staff from the manageress to the gardeners who all work hard. Food and drink is available in various locations throughout the day.
The sea is clear and good to swim in even in May.

Our room was clean and in good order. The bathroom is compact we had a plumbing issue but it was sorted within the hour.
There are few frills in the rooms, shampoo and soap are in dispensers and although bedding should be changed every 3rd or 4th day our quilt cover was not changed all week. The beds are quite hard, however a mattress topper is available and helps. There also is quite a lot of noise at night from the buggies dropping off guests late at night especially with the number of late night flights into Dalaman airport.
There is also no dressing table so putting on make up is not easy, however we were told that the rooms will be refurbished in 2016 and this will be improved on.

Whilst food is plentiful and varied it is not memorable and few frills with presentation. Not a lot of red meat was served and the one night there were steaks they were on the tough side. You collect your own drinks from the bar except at dinner.

We used the water taxi to go to Marmaris and Icmeler for the market and while we liked Icmeler itself it is quite a trek to the market from the harbour and there is not a lot there. Marmaris is better for shopping and you can also get a dolmus from the hotel gates which goes every 20 mins.

We had a few days rain while we were there which meant some bars and restaurants could not open and the entertainment was indoors.
We pre booked a late check out in the UK which ensured we could keep our room till 6pm, the hotel will do this slightly cheaper, but some guests were told there were no more rooms available

Overall everything is OK and it is good value for money, you get everything the brochure promises but without many touches of luxury and the food and drink, while plentiful, is nothing to get excited about. Whilst I would not rush back, will certainly look at again after it is refurbished.

Room Tip: Rooms are spread out and there are a lot of steps.
1 Thank Peter R
tthotels, General Manager at TUI SENSIMAR Marmaris Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Guest ,

First of all thank you very much for taking the time to share your holiday experience at Marmaris Imperial.
I am very happy to read you enjoyed your stay and liked our, staff, rooms, cleaning as well as the service.
At Marmaris Imperial we are trying very hard to make sure we look after our natural habitat therefor there are lots of enviromental works we lead, thank you for mentioning our works.
Thank you for mentioning that Marmaris Imperial provides everything what the brochure promises with some amazing views as well.

We look forward to meeting you both once again in the near future.

Bridgend, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Marmaris Imperial for 2 weeks in May and had a truly wonderful time. The scenery is second to none; countryside and the sea... perfect. We found the staff at the hotel extremely helpful and very friendly. The food was varied, lovely and plentiful... suitable for most tastes I would say. There are a lot of steps but the brochure does inform you of that and the buggies are always on hand if necessary. We had such a great holiday we have already booked to go back in May 2015... can't wait :) I had a gold, Zultanite and diamond ring made in Ali's jewellery shop at the hotel and am very pleased with it - thank you Ali :) Lastly, just a quick thank you to Gokhan and the rest of the restaurant staff for all their hard work and making meals times that bit more enjoyable. Thank you all for a wonderful holiday.

7 Thank Linda R
Dear Guests,
Thank you very much for sharing such a wonderful review of your experience here at the Imperial .
We are delighted to hear you had a wonderful holiday with us and you already booked for May 2015, that is a recommendation in itself!
I am delighted to read that we were able to exceed all your expectations and the team are proud of your comments.

We all look forward to welcoming you both back next year.

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed 7 days may 24th - may 31st.
Hotel is set in such relaxing stunning scenery, they have thought of everything. I loved the hammocks overrlooking the shade. Food was great, staff so friendly. The stairs to the accomodation keeps you fit, if you dont like the exercise you can always get a buggy from reception to take you back. The sunset cruise i would recommend the guy who runs it is such a lovely person. My only niggle with my holiday was the rubbish thompson reps, nothing to do with the hotel. They gave no guidance and gave wrong advice when you asked them for information on trips. If you are thinking of doing the quad bikes make sure you take a drink with you the guy who wants it gives you a complimentary drink and then charges you for it. Also will try and charge you photos on a cd, i recall one of the holiday guest paying £20 if you want the photos dont be prepared to pay any more than a fiver.

Overal though i loved the place

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Ian B
tthotels, General Manager at TUI SENSIMAR Marmaris Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Dear Guest ,
Many thanks for your encouraging review and your truly warm words about the service and facilities at Marmaris Imperial.
We are thrilled and proud to read that you had such a fabulous time and enjoyed our stunning location, thank you for highlighting the buggy service for those guests who do not wish to walk back to their rooms.
Regarding the issue with your quad bike excursion I have passed this onto the Holiday Advisors.
Please let our public relations team know about your future holiday arrangements at ozlemgokce.tok@tthotels.com

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2014

The MI is a all inclusive Thomson resort for couples; hence the resort is " blessed" a degree of quiet and serenity! Resort is set within a compound of pine trees and thyme, along coastline on a hillside, with stunning views of city and a marina.

Rooms are set on different "layers" of the hill, and we had to climb up stairs to our room, before and after meals or the beach, spa etc. In my opinion, I think it could prove difficult for people with mobility difficulties, but advice is to take things slowly (after all you are on holidays!). There are tea & coffee making facilities, bathrobe, slippers, TV with English channels, comfy bed, and bottled water is provided everyday ( in fact you can get bottled water from all eating places) in your room.

Staff are extremely courteous and friendly. Tour reps are also very helpful and they, on behalf of Thomson, offer a range of excursions if one is interested. Meals are varied, and set at sensible times and we enjoyed most of the cuisine offered. There are many areas on resort to sunbathe; near the main pool, along a small beach, near the spa, etc.

MI is quite eco friendly and encouraged people to re-cycled plastic bottles, beer and wine bottles
etc. There is also a garden set aside for cats, and a small area where vegetables are grown for the resort's kitchen.

Points to note:-
1. Transfer time is about 1 hour and 40 mins from Dalaman airport to resort.
2. Water in urns for coffee and tea making in restaurant may contain a higher concentration of chlorine (?) which can make your brew taste a bit sharp.
3. You will need to pay 1.5 euros per day for a safe key
4. It cost 10 euros if you need to borrow an iron and ironing board
5. Our transfer was at 5pm, and we were told it cost 20 euros for a late check out from 12 noon to 2pm, and 40 euros from 12 noon to 6pm - we declined.

Take a trip to Marmaris town, and enjoy the shopping experience!! Just haggle and try to get a bargain!!!!!!!!!!!

All in all we enjoyed the stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Joe8168
Dear Guest ,
The entire Marmaris Imperial Team thanks you very much for these wonderful compliments about the service, food ,location as well as mentioning our eco-friendly environmental works. Marmaris Imperial is set in the Marmaris National Park with breath taking views.

We are all really very pleased to read that we could meet all of your expectations and are proud of your comments!

Regarding to the notes you have pointed I would like to correct information about late check out.
The options for late check out is until 15.00 hrs – 20 euros and until 18.00 is 40 euros, both of these options are subject to availability. For our guests comfort we also have a courtesy room where you can change and have a shower.
Thank you for recommending us we look forward to meeting you both again.

Please let our Public Relations Team know about your future holiday arrangements.
ozlemgokce.tok@tthotels.com