“Golden Wedding Anniversary June 2014”

TUI SENSIMAR Marmaris Imperial Hotel
Ranked #9 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed 2 July 2014

My Wife and I perused Trip Advisor for some time looking for a suitable hotel to celebrate our Golden Wedding.We chose the Marmaris Imperial Hotel. How pleased we are that we did! It exceeded our expectations. This hotel should be at the top of your list. The spot where the hotel is superb with stunning views out to sea over to Marmaris and the nearby Marmaris Yahting Marina. The grounds of the hotel are set amongst pine trees and truly beautiful. Our accomodation was a bungalow Room 129 and had a partial seaview. Good facilities throughout. The daily cleaning lady Guisun was very thorough and decorated our bed with flowers on the Day and thereafter. All staff were friendly, courteous and and efficient. Two good size pools and spotlessly clean and well serviced. Sunbeds and umbrellas were always availabe and shade was on hand if you wanted to opt for this out of the hot sun. The beach was clean and serviced and snacks and drinks were available in between the three meals, What impressed us was the cleanliness of the hotel, grounds and bungalows. The dining area and restaurant were very high standard with lots of choices. The Turkish chefs are all professionals and the food was lovely and plentiful, just help yourself and sit al fresco which we did. We had a photoshoot with the resident photo shop and the two men one called Ayhan Adak and his colleague took excellent photos on our special Day and were not expensive for the good quality, about £6 a photo. Good entertainment especially evenings. The Harmony Bar is a must to relax away from the bustle of the popular Breeze Bar and a beautiful view out to sea. In conclusion we highly recommend this hotel. Memorable holiday!!

Room Tip: If you don't want to walk to your bungalow which may be high up then select a bungalow with a li...
3  Thank christine m
tthotels, General Manager at TUI SENSIMAR Marmaris Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Dear christine m
We thank you for taking time to post such lovely comments on Trip Advisor and are delighted to hear that you had such a wonderful holiday in celebration of your very special Golden Wedding Anniversary. The compliment of hearing that we made your holiday a memorable one is high praise indeed, thank you for recommending us!

My Kind Regards,

Sharon Ay

There are newer reviews for TUI SENSIMAR Marmaris Imperial Hotel

Reviewed 2 July 2014

First time to Turkey and pleasantly surprised!
setting is gorgeous for this hotel, rooms are in small blocks of four spread across the hillside, I think top floor rooms are better as the views are nicer and the balcony was more private than the lower floors terraces. On our first morning we did experience VERY loud noise at sunrise, approx. 5.30am which seemed to be a swarm of crickets or something similar. I have honestly never heard such a terrible and loud noise before! luckily this was only one morning and although you have normal forest noises with the other birds and insects it is possible to sleep through! also didn't hear any calls to prayer as we were a good 6 miles from marmaris.
food was good for buffet style, lots of selection. defiantly something for everyone with lots of salads, breads and fruit, always a local option which we had on several nights and really enjoyed. Also with the main dishes they are cooked at outside cooking stations by chefs in front of you, this included many pastas, veg selections, fish, chicken, beef, pizzas and fresh pittas, it was nice to know that this ment everything was relatively fresh! waiters are friendly if a little hasty to take your empty plate but always ready to top up the wine. We tried the stake house which is extra, we had the most expensive options but this was only 30 euros each for a four course meal and the steak was to die for! would definitely recommend a visit. You get one free night at the al a carte which we saved for our last night, this was the one really big disappointment of the whole holiday! we choose the 8 o-clock sitting instead of the 7pm and arrived a few minuets early, there were a few other couples waiting to be seated and there were plenty of empty tables but we told by an older lady that seemed to be in charge that we could not sit down till 8pm! this left by now around 6 couples standing staring at the poor people that were finishing dinner from 7, thisw could have been so easily rectified as there is a large empty area where they could put a few tables and chairs so people that are early could sit and have a drink. Then we were shown to a table and given a menu but then food started coming out straight away with no explanation of what was happening or what the menu was for if we didn't get to choose. The waiter then came over half way through our starters and asked what option we would like for mains and dessert, the wrong main dish was brought out for my husband and there was only a choice of two desserts, baklava (which I think may be polish? ) or rice pudding, when I said I didn't really want either the waiters attitude was terrible, he just shrugged and took the menus and walked off!
The views are gorgeous and the house wine isn't bad, spirit measures are very large. the local beer is ok too. Entertainment is varied with different singers and performers and also shows in the mini amphitheatre! we had the drifters one night which were very good and also a resident act called the secrets who were also very good.
plenty of space around the two different pools and also on the beach and surrounding jetty, we didn't have any problem getting a sunbed ay day however the beach sunbeds do get "reserved" with towels quite early in the morning!
overall a fantastic first trip to turkey in a beautiful location and resort with good food, drink and entertainment with out being tacky or chavy!

2  Thank Claire R

Dear Claire R,
Thank you very much for your detailed comments about your holiday experience here at Marmaris Imperial. Regarding to the noise you have mentioned they are crickets which is common in hot Mediterranean countries and it is a sign that its very hot!
I am so happy to read you enjoyed our food , service , cleanliness , layout as well as the concept ! all our team members are pleased to be mentioned by their hard work!
Regarding to Gunes Alacarte , we have already re-secluded times for sittings , thank you for mentioning and I have taken notes of your points about the service point of view which I already shared with our FB Manager.

From all our staff here at the Imperial we thank you once again for your review.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We are a couple from Finland and stayed in this hotel in June for a week. We really enjoyed our stay and are going to book a trip here again next summer. We really liked that all staff members were really friendly and their English skills were good. Also loved the surroundings and the fact, that it was such a relaxing atmosphere. It's really nice to have hotels like these, were there are only adults around.

Liked the fact that cats had a feeding point, kept most of them away from the restaurant. It was nice to look at them and the little kitties playing in the outside areas. It seems that the cats are not sterilized, so their number is going to probably gonna keep on increasing, have you thought about sterilizing them or is it too hard to do?

There was only one thing that was not so good; few times in the snack bar and breeze bar there was dirty glass given when drinking wine, probably cleaned but not efficiently enough. That was a little bit gross. But as that is the only thing to complain about, everything is okay :)

Anyway, we really liked this place, it's better than most we seen and food was one of the best things in this place (I can't understand how anyone could complain about it, there was so much to choose from, hard to think that you couldn't find something you liked).

See you next summer :)

3  Thank TravellingSusanna

Dear TravellingSusanna,

Thank you very much for all your positive remarks about your holiday experience at Marmaris Imperial. I am delighted that you mentioned the staff and how hard they work!

I have taken note of the the points you mentioned and I have already acted on some of these.

Many thanks for such a great review, see you again here in Marmaris Imperial next year !

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed at the Marmaris Imperial for a week in room 105 which was perfect. We overlooked the relax pool and were in easy reach of all the facilities of this tranquil, beautiful complex.
We were celebrating our Ruby Wedding and wanted somewhere where we could relax and enjoy the sunshine and we were not disappointed. Plenty of sunbeds, good choice of food , friendly staff.
We used the water taxi and the dolmus to visit Marmaris and Icelemer both well worth doing,
We really enjoyed the sunset cruise and would certainly recommend it, beautiful scenery great host and ladies get to drive the speed boat!
A wonderful holiday thoroughly recommended.

3  Thank Ann F

Dear Guests,
Thank you very much for such a short positive review on Trip Advisor.
The team are thrilled to know that we were able to fulfill all your holiday expectations and that you have enjoyed your Ruby Wedding holiday with us!

Thank you for recommending us and please let us know for your future holiday arrangements at ozlemgokce.tok@tthotels.com
We look forward to welcoming you back again as our guest.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Came back from Turkey yesterday after spending eleven nights in this hotel. It is a beautiful relaxed hotel in a beautiful setting. All the staff were extremely friendly and helpful and the food was of a very high standard and plenty of choice. We stayed in room 443 which was at one of the highest points in the complex which had a fantastic view over the marina and the sea. It was perfect as it was extremely quiet and if we felt like it we could use the buggies to get us up and down to the main restaurant and bar area. Although it is an all inclusive hotel the meals were of an excellent standard. The drinks in the hotel were good if you ordered a specific spirit with a mixer but avoid the cocktails. Some of them were premade and were kept in something similar to a slush machine. I order the cocktail called and Istanbul and it was a different colour on the three occasions, this is just a small complaints as everything else was just perfect.
I would advise this hotel/resort for anyone wanting a bit of R and R in beautiful surroundings. Every member of staff has to be thanked for making this just a perfect stay for our first visit to Turkey

Room Tip: Near reception if you have mobility issues
3  Thank ayrshirefriends

Dear ayrshirefriends

Wow thank you! I really enjoyed reading your review and I am very pleased that we all made your holiday so relaxing for you both. All our staff in every department work extremely hard as a team and our aim is to make sure all our guests are well looked after, all your lovely motivating comments show us that we are on the right track.

We have already updated our cocktail menu , thank you for mentioning.

We all look forward to seeing you next year or in the near future, on behalf of the entire team here at the Imperial we thank you once again.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

When I was looking about for our 2014 holiday I was prompted to look at Imperial due to the super reviews. On reflection maybe I needed to see that many of the reviewers had posted limited number of reviews and therefore travel exposure not to same level as myself. What the experience did confirm to me is that small is beautiful and we would much prefer to stay in smaller hotels. If that is also your preference then maybe avoid. If you are ok with large A/I european holidays with buffet style food then it will be better than most.

Its has been a tough review to write as I was possible spoilt in 2013 when travelling to the amazing Sugar Cane Club A/I resort in Barbados where the extra ££ spent really make a difference.

So where to start.

Location away from Marmaris centre is a business. Nestled into hillsides and next to main marina. its a bus ride or water taxi into Marmaris (which did not impress me at all) - Water Taxi is best bet. It is very hilly so if your are unfit or have difficulties with hills then maybe not best resort although little golf buggies whizz round taking you to and from your room.

200+ plus rooms we 4 sun bathing areas dotted around resort. I preferred the Beach area as found the relax pool too boring, the main pool too loud (water polo, music, quizzes etc). You also have harmony area near the water sports part that have bean bags, hammocks nestled into a wooded area.

Rooms - very clean, decent size, with air conditioning. No complaints on this front.

Watersports - plenty available - kayaks free but you have to pay for parascending etc. Would recommend renting speedboat to take trip round the bay and park up in little secluded areas. 3hr maximum would be enough time, dont get roped into 4hrs + 1hr free there is no need.

Activities - Gym suite average, 3 x tennis courts in decent nick, couple of table tennis tables (I was unbeaten for duration!), quizzes, music, water polo, archery and shooting.

Entertainment - Your normal poor quality singers & groups that cant make it in UK. The 3 girls attempting 'three degree' type show were dreadful.

Food - My biggest beef...Having done a la carte A/I last year I found the buffet style herding at the troughs a real problem. Suffered it in Croatia but reviews I read before going made me think the food here would be different and better quality. It was not. Breakfast was ok once found my oatmilk(porridge), lunch appeared to be re-invention of what was not used night before, and dinner was just a different geographical revamp on same foods. You got the odd decent thing, chicken wraps, turkish bread, soups...but the rest not to what expected. The meal in the Turkish restaurant included once per week was pretty good (it was nice to sit down and be served). Desserts are equivalent to Brake Bros in UK, tend to all test the same,....bland

Thomson - dreadfull, reps only interested in themselves having good time, sold us a duff exercusion, telling us included drinks when it did not! Dont do Turksih Mud Pools (you will be disappointed). Also your A/I does not end when you leave resort it ends at Noon on your last day, so if you are on late flight make sure you have some monies left! Thomson say it is in small print.

Found it all very impersonal but that should be expected of larger resorts, we will now only stay in resorts with less than 100 rooms where service is genuinely impeccable.

Summary - if you are used to European holidays in larger resorts on A/I basis and are happy with buffet foods and poor entertainment, then it is likely that the Imperial is better than most (as yuou can see from reviews) from my experiences in Gran Canaria, Croatia and Portugal. However if you have tasted the delights of a Virgin or BA or other holiday outside of Europe then stick to those and pay the bit extra.

As I sadi this is a difficult one to balance but have to put from my aspect. It may be for you, or like me maybe not.

Room Tip: We were in one of the 600's they are at far end. One of the ladies I spoke with said room 101 is...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank golfmonk
tthotels, General Manager at TUI SENSIMAR Marmaris Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear golfmonk

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post such a detailed review on Trip Advisor. I summise what you are basically saying is that you get what you pay for and small expensive hotels equals better service.
I believe all our facilities, location and the type of holiday we are delivering is detailed clearly and honestly in the Thomson brochure and the web pages. I am flattered to think that you thought we could even come close to a high end Caribbean holiday. Entertainment I find generally in the mediteranean is quite similar, ours is low key with an option to opt out if you should choose to. On your last day check-out is at 12 noon (unless you have booked a late check-out ). A courtesy/shower room is always provided or guests can use the Spa to take a shower. I would like to emphasise that although you may have checked out of your room, you can keep your beach towels and use all of our A/I facilities right up until your departure time. I think future guests will find your review very useful, thank you.

My Kind Regards,

Sharon Ay
Marmaris Imperial

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We've just got back from a 10 day holiday in Marmaris at The Maramaris Imperial. I have to say, the hotel was absolutely amazing. It's in a perfect location about 10 miles from Marmaris with it's own private beach, jetty, two pools and loads of other facilities. I was concerned about being so far from Marmaris and a little "out of the way" but I couldn't have been more wrong. The hotel has everything within the grounds that you could wish for (and probably more) and the staff were helpful, friendly and polite. Getting to Marmaris was easy with dolmus bus, taxi and water taxi all available.

The complex itself is on the side of a hill, so expect steps. For those so inclined, regular cart services run from reception if you don't fancy stumbling up the steps after a few rakis! The rooms are functional, clean, well maintained and have a few extra touches which are always appreciated - robes, slippers, fridge.

The food and drink on the all inclusive were first class. Plenty of variety in the food and some decent local drinks to satisfy most tastes. The a la carte Gunes restaurant was great and the Steakhouse (chargeable) is definitely worth a visit.

The entertainment is aimed at the more senior couples, but if you have a chat with the DJ then he'll liven things up towards the end of the night.

Overall the whole experience was amazing. Sure there were a few bits that could be improved on but I would consider this hotel exceptional value for money. Having read some of the other reviews I can only assume that these people expect the Hilton whilst paying Travelodge prices.

Thank you Team Marmaris Imperial for a holiday we'll never forget!

Room Tip: The rooms in the 200s are only a few steps up from the beach and 3 mins walk from the main areas of...
4  Thank Asa C

Dear Asa C,
I am happy to hear that you had such a pleasant stay at Marmaris Imperial, thank you very much for your excellent feedback.

The Executive Chef and his team get great pleasure knowing how much guests appreciate all the hard work that goes into preparing all the meals served daily (no easy task!). I am also pleased you have shared your positive comments on our drink quality as well as our hard working housekeeping team !

From the entire Marmaris Imperial team thank you once again for motivating comment and we hope to see you once again in the near future.