“Relaxing Honeymoon!!”

TUI SENSIMAR Marmaris Imperial Hotel
Ranked #10 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Imperial from 7th July til 17th for a much needed honeymoon break! We chose this hotel because it had excellent reviews and was a bit different. And of course adults only..although there did seem to be a few very young people this didn't bother us.

Arriving Monday afternoon we felt relaxed and arranged safe hire and were soon whisked off to our room 582 on the golf buggy..remember you don't have to walk to get to your room & back. We knew about the steps and we were lucky with only 10 and a bit of a slope. This helped keep some of the weight down due to eating incredibly well! :) A pleasant 10min stroll to the restaurant or superfast 2mins by buggy!

The food was excellent across our 10 days. Good variety chicken, veal, fish, liver all cooked varoius ways. Lovely salads, superb desserts! Omelettes great too (thanks Mustafa) Good coffee. The wine was fine with dinner, nothing wrong with it. Efes beer good. Cocktails, shorts depended on who served you! (Thanks v.much Imibraham!) Soft drinks and plenty of water available as 35°c most days! Nice slush drinks by beach & delicious pancakes (lady always smiling)

Beach small but clean and blue flagged. It was starting to get busy at the hotel so people were putting towels out early but we always found somewhere. 2 pools nice. We only used the relax pool. Didn't get chance to hire a cabana (48 euros at the time)...one day!

Had a nice romantic flower arrangement left by cleaner one day ... thanks! Room comfortable. Didn't need mattress topper but are available. Don't be afraid to ask for help..our safe didn't work but was corrected in less than half an hour. Thanks guys. Shower great. Air con great. Part sea view ..we could see big yachts! Gorgeous sunsets. Lovely plants and trees. All well kept. We didnt use the spa but would next time. Hammock area nice.

Entertainment was hit and miss. The voices were the worst but they did try lol! One of the male singers sounded drunk! :)
More entertainment needed upto midnight perhaps. Drifters/temptations were the best ones as noted in other reviews. Resident duo v.good.

We took out the spinning buggy on the water which played music! Great fun :)

It is a euro hotel so euros accepted as well as turkish lira.

We enjoyed our stay so much we hope to return one day. Maybe for our 1st anniversary! Thanks for a wonderful holiday. Missing the lovely Marmaris imperial and its staff and facilities! 0

Kat & Kev Smith (Tamworth UK)

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kat S
tthotels, General Manager at TUI SENSIMAR Marmaris Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

· Dear Kat W,

· First of all congratulations on you recent marriage I am pleased you chose to spend your honeymoon at the Imperial. Myself and the rest of the team read with great delight your review I have taken note of your comments. Thank you for recommending us, we look forward to welcoming you back for your 1st anniversary!

Reviewed 29 July 2014

This hotel is perfect if you love all-inclusive, good beach, nice pools and doing nothing. My boyfriend and I loved our one-week holiday and would recommend the hotel without doubt. Please see our review below.

Airport Transfer - Good air conditioning, seats and travel times both ways. Very easy to find your rep at the Thomson booth at Dalaman airport and all well organised. Good information given by rep on the coach.

Welcome meeting - Very informative, well set out with lots of chairs, leaflets and posters. We booked the Blue Cruise day on a boat. This was a great day with lunch on board, however a total disappointment if you think you are going to be visiting various interesting sandy bays, as you visit quite similar, rocky spots and then jump in for a swim. Still, lovely day and recommend.

Food - The variety was enormous, I challenge you to tell me you can't find something you like. The food was a lot nicer to consume earlier in the evening, especially the fish. Grilled fish does not taste good after sitting there for a while. The A La Carte was great, you get to sit on the roof of the hotel and it's a lovely experience. The best night was at the steak restaurant, also on a different part of the roof. It was incredible!!! We each had so much steak I couldn't even finish mine and you also get loads of sides included like onion rings, spinach, chips, mushrooms, baked potato. Incredible. You have to pay 30 Euros per person for the steak night but it is totally worth it.

Drink - The wine was substandard with a vinegary kick but this is to be expected of all inclusive. I would recommend that you drop a few cubes of ice into it and it becomes a lot more bearable. Spirit measures were very generous which is fine, however sometimes the mixer was flat. Again, as a wine lover I will not go all inclusive again for the lack of quality.

Entertainment - Oh my God, horrific. There is a woman who literally wails like a dying seal for most of the evening so myself and my boyfriend moved down the beach to another bar, much quieter and peaceful on the water (The Harmony Bar). They seriously need to get rid of her. Awful. There was a really fun music quiz one evening and they also organise fun in the pool like water polo.There was a trio of men who sang one night who were good. They also put on an authentic enormous Turkish market along one of the paths on the Sunday which sold all the 'genuine fakes' in wallets, bags and jewellery. There is an ampitheatre where they had a show of Turkish dancing one night - it was okay, see better.

Room - Lovely. Nothing to complain about, really spacious and clean with a good, working TV, nice bathroom, lots of storage, spacious balcony. We were in room 310 and it wasn't too much of a climb but if we had been any higher I would have been a bit grumpy. We did ask for a mattress softener.

Beach - Nice, not enormous, basically a large cove but still totally fine unless you crave swimming out very far. This is restricted as the marina is very close to the beach. Lovely sand, clear water, lots of small fish who do not bother you at all, managed to get a sunbed most times that we went down there.

Facilities - I can't believe people moan about the small fee for a safe, get over it. In other news, there is an AMAZING salon by the reception where you can get a gorgeous wash and blow dry for only £6!!! If you want your hair done for dinner every night then this is perfect. There is also an onsite shop with English newspapers, ice creams, toiletries, lilos, snorkels etc etc. They blow the lilo up for you. The golf buggy facility was pretty useful the night we came back steaming drunk from Marmaris, took us right to our room.

All in all, it was what we were looking for and I recommend this hotel for all couples wanting some alone time.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
tthotels, General Manager at TUI SENSIMAR Marmaris Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Rhian P,

On behalf of myself and the rest of the team thank you for posting such a glowing review following your relaxing holiday. In a previous review a guest had been singing Lucets praises re her singing and in your review you compare her to a dying seal, which just goes to show how personal music tastes are. We do try and offer middle of the road entertainment to suit all ages and mostly we succeed. Thank you for recommending us and detailing what a wonderful holiday you enjoyed.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

This was our first time holidaying in Turkey at an all inclusive hotel. This review will be an honest reflexion of our experience . Without question this hotel is in a wonderful location, the views from most parts of the resort are fantastic, with so many great photo opportunities. We had room 232 which meant only 39 steps from balcony to the beach, perfect!! And only a short walk to the restaurants and bars. I had emailed prior to departure asking if possible could we be low down due to my wife's bad back, although they didn't promise anything it would seem they duly obliged. Five stars for this.

The rooms were fab, the air con was a godsend, the bed was too firm for me even with a mattress topper, the small army of cleaners do an amazing job, a thankless task, when I did bump into them I thanked them profusely for their work.

In terms of sunbeds, I have read many reviews stating that getting a sunbed was never a problem, in reality it's not, once you've searched for one, but why do people find it necessary to get up at the crack of dawn to put their towels out ( There is a hotel policy regarding the reserving of sunbeds, which appears to be observed ie not before 7.30) but I found this behaviour very selfish, generally done by a certain nationality!!! I know it's not the end of the world and it didn't ruin our holiday but just very irritating.

The food from breakfast to dinner was superb, it catered for all tastes, if you went hungry then you must be a very fussy eater, we always found ourselves eating to much!! ( thank goodness there was a gym so that I could run it all off each morning!) And no that's not a complaint! You have the choice to eat inside or out, at breakfast and lunch you sort your own drinks but in the evening you are looked after by the staff. We found them extremely friendly and they all worked very hard. On our last night of dining they seemed a little short staffed so service was a little slow, not the end of the world.

On the topic of drink, I'm afraid this is going to be the biggest criticism, I was fully aware of the limitations regarding alcoholic beverages. Now don't get me wrong, my wife and I are not big drinkers and I'm sure the hotel does not want its guests in an intoxicated state from morning till night. BUT......The local brew, Efes, was most definitely weakened (I had a large glass of this when we took a trip into Marmaris and it was very different to that at the bar), I think you could almost class it as alcohol free!! The spirits did not cover them selves in much glory, a gin and tonic very rarely had me thinking "how refreshing after a day in the sun" it was difficult again to detect any alcoholic content.
We tried many of the drinks from wine to spirits, sadly, all disappointed. The final resort was to pay for the non inclusive drinks, not what you want at an all inclusive!!

The entertainment was mixed. The resident duet The Secret should really be kept that way, she could sing but everything she sang was high pitched and a bit screechy. The act with three girls was dreadful (I have erased the name from my memory) my wife and I were chilling out on the bean bags near the harmony bar when these three kicked off, I couldn't believe my ears to the point I had to go up to the breeze bar to see them in the flesh, truly awful. The three guys covering the Drifters/Temptations songs were brilliant full of energy and could actually sing!! The Turkish dancers were superb well worth watching.

We treated ourselves to a package at the spa, this was fantastic and would highly recommend you try this out.

It was lovely to go out on the kayaks, which we did several times, very relaxing drifting along.

To sum up, we had a wonderful holiday, we met some lovely people who we intend meeting up with. A big plus was No stressed parents with crying children at there side. I do rate the Imperial very highly based on location, food, general ambience and the fab staff.

But Some aspects of this package needs to be reviewed. I would be tempted back if some of the above was to change. And as for Thomson, you need to sort your flights out, delayed going out and delayed coming back, very frustrating.

Room Tip: 232 was a great place to be, but there are many great rooms with some stunning views.
1  Thank Robin B

Dear Robin B,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor. I was pleased to read that overall you really enjoyed your holiday apart from the beer, we serve Efes summer in the hotel which is a slightly lighter version of Efes hence the chanhe in taste. The `Secret ` I believe can sing, music I find however is down to very personal taste and we try and keep it middle of the road, if you dont want to be involved in the Breeze bar area entertainment then a lot of our guests enjoy a quiet drink down at the Harmony bar. We also have shows three times a week in the amphi theatre which prove very popular and as you mentioned this is where the Turkish Dancers are to be found. I am sorry to hear your flight was delayed this is not a usual occurance in this day and age. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

This hotel is set in fantastic pine trees and a very verdant backdrop and not what one normally gets on a beach holiday in Turkey . I read all the reviews on this website and I felt slightly apprehensive because some were quite negative so I wasn't expecting much. I appreciate people have very different expectations and experiences but this hotel far exceeded my expectations and I would have given it 5 stars except that the cocktails were extremely weak and also the local beer was a bit hit and miss at times. It was nice and quiet with a choice of two pools, a beach and plenty of areas to sunbathe whether you want sun or shade and you didn't have to rush down to grab a sunbed at silly o clock which is a first! A good choice of food all the time- really tasty with some themed nights and don't even get me started on their delicious deserts- sometimes I had three, only of the small ones though! The cleanliness and overall upkeep of the hotel and grounds is of a very high standard and in general the staff are very friendly especially the maids whom we would see in the morning and who were always happy and said hello. I think this was probably my best beach holiday ever and I really hope it stays as is it. There are absolutely no children allowed because it is a Thomson couples only hotel so the hotel has no other tour companies there who sometimes aren't quite so strict and allow locals with their offspring in which is a definite no-no in my book! One last thing, there were designated smoking ares outside so if like myself and my husband you are non-smokers it was nice not to get smoked out which is normally a given in Turkey and just something we normally put up with! A superb hotel set in superb grounds I would thoroughly recommend this hotel and strongly suggest that Thomson keep this hotel in their books.

Room Tip: We stayed in a limited sea view room at the back up near the upper end which has a bit of a walk but...
3  Thank Davidcann

Dear richard h,

What a fabulous review. Thank you for your detailed review following your recent holiday at the Imperial. We were all very pleased to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us thank you for recommending us.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

This hotel is one of the best I have stayed at, indeed it is one of a few I have been back to. Without being mean to Marmaris the resort, this hotel is like chalk and cheese to Marmaris resort. It:s a few KMs from the resort, the position. views, and peacefull outlook defies photos. The hotel is made up 4 room blocks set into the hillside, amongst flowers and gdns, really pretty with superb views, private beach. adult only, friendly staff, geared up for a totally relaxing holiday. You could spend a fortune on other so called exotic holidays, and never find a spot like this. I have recommended to a few friends, and all have come back with the same thoughts. If you are going away and want the brashness of a busy rlively resort with nightlife, this probably won't be for you. For peace quiet and total relaxation, go to the Imperial.

Room Tip: If difficulty walking request a lower room, if not, go high enjoy the extra exercise and the views.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
4  Thank brian r

Dear brian r,

Myself and the team are very proud of your short post following your recent stay at the Imperial. Its great to read posts from guests who keep returning year after year and recommend us to friends and family. We look forward to welcoming you both back for a third visit.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Having recently returned from this hotel, just wanted to say what a wonderful 2 weeks we had. The food was extremely good, always a good variety & freshly cooked. Drinks were plentiful. All the staff from our cleaning lady, waiters, bar staff, reception & hairdressers were fabulous. This hotel is situated on the edge of a pine forest, the views over the bay were fantastic. We will be going back. Thank you all.

Room Tip: Always request low level room if mobility is a problem, but golf buggies are readily available to re...
3  Thank Keith702014
tthotels, General Manager at TUI SENSIMAR Marmaris Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Dear Keith702014
Thank you for posting such a fantastic review on Trip Advisor – I’ll certainly pass on your thanks to all the staff. It’s wonderful to hear how much you loved the hotel and your holiday and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.
My kind regards

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Me and my boyfriend recently returned from an absolutely amazing 2 weeks at this hotel. We were told we had a 'limited sea view' and we arrived at night. But when we woke up the next day we were amazed to find that there was nothing limited about the sea view at all. It was gorgeous! It didn't stop there, the food was just superb and the choice was just insane!! Breakfast offered cereal, fresh honey (still on the honeycomb!), croissants, fresh fruit, eggs of all kinds .... I could go on forever! The same goes for lunch and dinner, such a vast choice and it all tasted incredible.

The grounds of this hotel we're spectacular, with stunning views and everything was well maintained and clean. There was no issue in getting sunbeds and it wasn't overcrowded. We spent most of our time around the activity pool, taking part in water polo and aqua boxing, which proved very fun! We must also mention the bar boy who we believe is called 'Sezar', every time he saw us around he would say hello and he always remembered my favorite drink, the 'fruit explosion'! We also spent a day on the champagne cabana which for 48 Euros, was great value for money. Stunning views and our lunch being brought to us was just fabulous!

The one aspect of this hotel that was slightly disappointing was the entertainment. Even though 'The Secret' were very good, it got slightly boring having them perform most nights and not a lot of other events were happening during the evenings.

Over all this hotel was superb and we are definitely going to return soon! All the staff were extremely friendly. I definitely recommend this hotel!!

Room Tip: Request top floor rooms to gain a better view
3  Thank LJohnson0212

Dear LJohnson0212
Thank you for taking the time to post such a fantastic review on Trip Advisor. You obviously enjoyed everything about your holiday – the Cabana’s are extremely popular and a great way to treat yourselves. When it comes to entertainment we do try to provide something for everyone but I have noted your comment. The staff pride themselves on their friendliness and attention to detail and will be sp pleased to hear how much they are appreciated. Thank you for the recommendation and I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.
My kind regards