“Very relaxing holiday.”
Review of TUI BLUE Marmaris

TUI BLUE Marmaris
Ranked #7 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I spent two weeks at the Marmaris Imperial June/July 2014. I was really looking forward to the holiday having seen the pictures on the internet beforehand and read the reviews. I can honestly say I was not disappointed.

It's the first time I've ever been on holiday and felt totally relaxed on the first day - it usually takes a couple of days to unwind.

The rooms are what you expect, clean and functional - nothing special - so there's not a lot to say about it.

What makes this hotel is its views, location and its staff. The views from the restaurant are excellent and we happily spent each breakfast time, and every other meal-time, sat outside taking them in.

I found the staff to be friendly and helpful and, although I wouldn't usually do this, I would like to give a special mention to Adem who worked in the bar at the Relax pool and Halel (not sure of spelling) who worked in the restaurant and served us most of the time out on the terrace.

The choice and quality of the food was good, although I have noticed a couple of reviews mentioning a lack of choice! We were there for two weeks and I don't think I had the same thing twice so make of that what you will.

I would recommend having a Turkish bath and massage, it's well worth the money.

I would also recommend that, on an afternoon, if you feel like a little snooze, you go down towards the gym where you will find a number of giant beanbags under the trees and two of these, pulled together, are very comfortable.

The only quibble I have, and that's if I'm pushed, is that, although it is an all inclusive hotel, you have to pay for alcoholic drinks after midnight which seems a little odd to me, not having come across it before.

I would recommend this hotel to my family and friends although I wouldn't go back but that's only because I like to go to different places. I can understand why people return again and again to this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Daisymay999
tthotels, General Manager at TUI BLUE Marmaris, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Daisymay999 ,
First of all thank you very much for your motivating comment on Trip Advisor,
I m so happy to read you settled in our relaxing ambiance right from the begining of your holiday and enjoyed the layout , views as well as our food,
Our Kitchen tam Works extremely hard to make sure they create different delicious food for our guests taste which we recieve many positive feedback from our guests ,

Its pleasure to read our staff looked after you well , special thanks for mentioning Adem , he is delighted to be mentioned,

Regarding to your point about drinks , as we are not ultra all inclusive , our drinks are payable after midnigh as its advertised in the brochure.

Thank you once again and looking forward to having you as our guests in future

Kind Regards
Sharon AY

Write a ReviewReviews (3,939)

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Before i start i will say my wife and i had a great week. Not the best start though. Arrived late at the hotel after travelling all day and eating rubbish airline snacks, to be told that all the restaurants were closed. We had to ask if there was any chance of a snack or something. The receptionist scuttled off and returned with two white bread cheese sandwiches in a package. I'm sure they were made in the hotel but really, a white bread cheese sandwich! It just didn't fill us with confidence about the food at the hotel. Not a good impression, that's all. We were then taken to our room which was lovely and great views but......... it had a door in it to join the room next door to ours to make a larger unit. For groups i guess. To reach our room, you had to pass directly in front of the adjoining room. Past that room's patio doors, past that room's double bed in full view, through that room's patio area. Not private and potentially very embarrassing. We ate our cheese sandwich (starving so no option) didn't unpack and went straight back down to reception to get our room changed. Unfortunately, we were told the hotel was full and we would not be able to sort anything out until the next day. So, not the best arrival and not the best first night. I noticed there were very few of this type of room so was dissapointed that we had such bad luck to get one as we had booked nearly a year in advance and should have had a better room for doing this.
The next day could not have been different. Breakfast was great and we got a room change. Although, we were not able to access the room until 3pm so felt a little in limbo, not being able to unpack or get comfortable in our room.
Now the positives, and there are plenty.
Food: Great choice and plenty of it. Very nicely displayed and always fresh bread available. We ate more from the salad bars but there was fantastic choice at the chef manned grills. I find that most hotel chefs use too much oil and pre cook quite a bit and then put into heated containers. This means alot of the meat is overcooked for my taste, particularly the fish. I would rather wait and have it cooked to order. Overall the food was very good but not quite excellent.
Drinks: Beer fine, wine fine. Didn't have any cocktails but they looked good. Coke and bottled water available throughout the hotel.
Room: When we finally got our second room we were very happy. Partial sea view but the trees and village feel of the place was great and it was very relaxing to sit on the balcony. Mattress a little soft for me but overall the room and bathroom were very comfortable and cleaned almost every day. It was quite a walk up the hill to get to our room. We enjoyed the walk but older guests might struggle. If you are prepared to wait there are golf buggies available to take you close to your room.
Hotel: Great feel, both pools lovely and we never didn't get a sun lounger, - unlike many previous holidays. The beach area and relax area were lovely but we mainly stayed by the pool and then went to lie in a hammock late afternoon listening to the sea lapping against the shore. The resort has a village feel and very atmospheric at night time. Walking through the 'streets' back to our room you could almost imagine you were in some rustic village. Hotel always clean.
Activities. Didn't really do any. Went shopping to Marmaris on the hotels water ferry, which was fun and went to a turkish bath which was a great experience.
Entertainment. It was fine. To be honest we are early to bed types so were happy to have dinner , grab a drink, watch a little entertainment and the go back to our room. The dance shows in the amphitheatre were very entertaining and we particularly enjoyed the Turkish dancers. What energy they had, unbelievable.
Overall. I would definitely recommend this hotel for couples. It was quite, clean and definitely didn't feel busy, even though it was full. The food was varied, plentiful and well presented. We had a fantastic and relaxing time.

Room Tip: All good but just make it's stricly a single room not part of a larger suite as there is no priv...
1  Thank richardhC7692OD
tthotels, General Manager at TUI BLUE Marmaris, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear richard h,

What a fabulous review. Thank you for your detailed review following your recent holiday at the Imperial. We were all very pleased to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us thank you for recommending us.

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Great Hotel facilities which were accurately described on the Thomson website.
Well-appointed rooms set out beautifully in a small wooded area on a headland looking out over Marmaris Bay.
Excellent food provided in beautiful restaurants including "Show Cooking" where your choice is prepared in front of you
Laid-back evening entertainment.
Great range of excursions offered.
Certainly worth a re-visit

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andy S
tthotels, General Manager at TUI BLUE Marmaris, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Andy S,

Thank you for your short and glowing review, you obviously had a great time, thanks for taking the time to post your comment on tRip Advisor. We hope to see you soon for your re-visit.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I booking this hotel through a Thomson package holiday and was expecting ok, I was pleasantly surprised! The hotel setting is stunning, the hotel website does not do it justice, the food is great which includes show cooking so nice and fresh with plenty of choice. The rooms were set in the hills with only 4 rooms per building which gave a great secluded feel and were only accessible on foot or by one of the hotel buggies.

We will defiantly be revisiting, I don't revisit hotels often but this is defiantly an exception to the rule to due to the setting and how relaxing our visit was.

When revisiting I would love to see the quality of the towels, both bath and sunbathing, improve as they were a little old. For a 4plus rating hotel I would expect lovely fluffy ones and it really makes a difference. The rooms could considerably be bought up to date with a little tlc too but defiantly would not be something which should put anyone off as clean and tidy. The hotel offered different cocktails throughout our stay but we quickly found they were very basic and not as nice as the larger and gin. Also found that everything cost something, including the basics such as the room safe. As all inclusive it would be great to see the 'added extras' which I see as 'the norm' included.

I loved this hotel and would recommend it to anyone. The cabana's are a must!

Dear Helen B,

I think you will agree the Marmaris Imperial offers great value for money. The more things we change or add on the more the price goes up and it is a large hotel to fill. So for the moment we are what we are, there will be a refurbishment at some time in the near future we are working on this. The cabanas are proving very popular in the month of August and booked up quite a few days in advance. Thank you for recommending us we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Imperial from 7th July til 17th for a much needed honeymoon break! We chose this hotel because it had excellent reviews and was a bit different. And of course adults only..although there did seem to be a few very young people this didn't bother us.

Arriving Monday afternoon we felt relaxed and arranged safe hire and were soon whisked off to our room 582 on the golf buggy..remember you don't have to walk to get to your room & back. We knew about the steps and we were lucky with only 10 and a bit of a slope. This helped keep some of the weight down due to eating incredibly well! :) A pleasant 10min stroll to the restaurant or superfast 2mins by buggy!

The food was excellent across our 10 days. Good variety chicken, veal, fish, liver all cooked varoius ways. Lovely salads, superb desserts! Omelettes great too (thanks Mustafa) Good coffee. The wine was fine with dinner, nothing wrong with it. Efes beer good. Cocktails, shorts depended on who served you! (Thanks v.much Imibraham!) Soft drinks and plenty of water available as 35°c most days! Nice slush drinks by beach & delicious pancakes (lady always smiling)

Beach small but clean and blue flagged. It was starting to get busy at the hotel so people were putting towels out early but we always found somewhere. 2 pools nice. We only used the relax pool. Didn't get chance to hire a cabana (48 euros at the time)...one day!

Had a nice romantic flower arrangement left by cleaner one day ... thanks! Room comfortable. Didn't need mattress topper but are available. Don't be afraid to ask for help..our safe didn't work but was corrected in less than half an hour. Thanks guys. Shower great. Air con great. Part sea view ..we could see big yachts! Gorgeous sunsets. Lovely plants and trees. All well kept. We didnt use the spa but would next time. Hammock area nice.

Entertainment was hit and miss. The voices were the worst but they did try lol! One of the male singers sounded drunk! :)
More entertainment needed upto midnight perhaps. Drifters/temptations were the best ones as noted in other reviews. Resident duo v.good.

We took out the spinning buggy on the water which played music! Great fun :)

It is a euro hotel so euros accepted as well as turkish lira.

We enjoyed our stay so much we hope to return one day. Maybe for our 1st anniversary! Thanks for a wonderful holiday. Missing the lovely Marmaris imperial and its staff and facilities! 0

Kat & Kev Smith (Tamworth UK)

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kat S

· Dear Kat W,

· First of all congratulations on you recent marriage I am pleased you chose to spend your honeymoon at the Imperial. Myself and the rest of the team read with great delight your review I have taken note of your comments. Thank you for recommending us, we look forward to welcoming you back for your 1st anniversary!

Reviewed 29 July 2014

This hotel is perfect if you love all-inclusive, good beach, nice pools and doing nothing. My boyfriend and I loved our one-week holiday and would recommend the hotel without doubt. Please see our review below.

Airport Transfer - Good air conditioning, seats and travel times both ways. Very easy to find your rep at the Thomson booth at Dalaman airport and all well organised. Good information given by rep on the coach.

Welcome meeting - Very informative, well set out with lots of chairs, leaflets and posters. We booked the Blue Cruise day on a boat. This was a great day with lunch on board, however a total disappointment if you think you are going to be visiting various interesting sandy bays, as you visit quite similar, rocky spots and then jump in for a swim. Still, lovely day and recommend.

Food - The variety was enormous, I challenge you to tell me you can't find something you like. The food was a lot nicer to consume earlier in the evening, especially the fish. Grilled fish does not taste good after sitting there for a while. The A La Carte was great, you get to sit on the roof of the hotel and it's a lovely experience. The best night was at the steak restaurant, also on a different part of the roof. It was incredible!!! We each had so much steak I couldn't even finish mine and you also get loads of sides included like onion rings, spinach, chips, mushrooms, baked potato. Incredible. You have to pay 30 Euros per person for the steak night but it is totally worth it.

Drink - The wine was substandard with a vinegary kick but this is to be expected of all inclusive. I would recommend that you drop a few cubes of ice into it and it becomes a lot more bearable. Spirit measures were very generous which is fine, however sometimes the mixer was flat. Again, as a wine lover I will not go all inclusive again for the lack of quality.

Entertainment - Oh my God, horrific. There is a woman who literally wails like a dying seal for most of the evening so myself and my boyfriend moved down the beach to another bar, much quieter and peaceful on the water (The Harmony Bar). They seriously need to get rid of her. Awful. There was a really fun music quiz one evening and they also organise fun in the pool like water polo.There was a trio of men who sang one night who were good. They also put on an authentic enormous Turkish market along one of the paths on the Sunday which sold all the 'genuine fakes' in wallets, bags and jewellery. There is an ampitheatre where they had a show of Turkish dancing one night - it was okay, see better.

Room - Lovely. Nothing to complain about, really spacious and clean with a good, working TV, nice bathroom, lots of storage, spacious balcony. We were in room 310 and it wasn't too much of a climb but if we had been any higher I would have been a bit grumpy. We did ask for a mattress softener.

Beach - Nice, not enormous, basically a large cove but still totally fine unless you crave swimming out very far. This is restricted as the marina is very close to the beach. Lovely sand, clear water, lots of small fish who do not bother you at all, managed to get a sunbed most times that we went down there.

Facilities - I can't believe people moan about the small fee for a safe, get over it. In other news, there is an AMAZING salon by the reception where you can get a gorgeous wash and blow dry for only £6!!! If you want your hair done for dinner every night then this is perfect. There is also an onsite shop with English newspapers, ice creams, toiletries, lilos, snorkels etc etc. They blow the lilo up for you. The golf buggy facility was pretty useful the night we came back steaming drunk from Marmaris, took us right to our room.

All in all, it was what we were looking for and I recommend this hotel for all couples wanting some alone time.

Dear Rhian P,

On behalf of myself and the rest of the team thank you for posting such a glowing review following your relaxing holiday. In a previous review a guest had been singing Lucets praises re her singing and in your review you compare her to a dying seal, which just goes to show how personal music tastes are. We do try and offer middle of the road entertainment to suit all ages and mostly we succeed. Thank you for recommending us and detailing what a wonderful holiday you enjoyed.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

This was our first time holidaying in Turkey at an all inclusive hotel. This review will be an honest reflexion of our experience . Without question this hotel is in a wonderful location, the views from most parts of the resort are fantastic, with so many great photo opportunities. We had room 232 which meant only 39 steps from balcony to the beach, perfect!! And only a short walk to the restaurants and bars. I had emailed prior to departure asking if possible could we be low down due to my wife's bad back, although they didn't promise anything it would seem they duly obliged. Five stars for this.

The rooms were fab, the air con was a godsend, the bed was too firm for me even with a mattress topper, the small army of cleaners do an amazing job, a thankless task, when I did bump into them I thanked them profusely for their work.

In terms of sunbeds, I have read many reviews stating that getting a sunbed was never a problem, in reality it's not, once you've searched for one, but why do people find it necessary to get up at the crack of dawn to put their towels out ( There is a hotel policy regarding the reserving of sunbeds, which appears to be observed ie not before 7.30) but I found this behaviour very selfish, generally done by a certain nationality!!! I know it's not the end of the world and it didn't ruin our holiday but just very irritating.

The food from breakfast to dinner was superb, it catered for all tastes, if you went hungry then you must be a very fussy eater, we always found ourselves eating to much!! ( thank goodness there was a gym so that I could run it all off each morning!) And no that's not a complaint! You have the choice to eat inside or out, at breakfast and lunch you sort your own drinks but in the evening you are looked after by the staff. We found them extremely friendly and they all worked very hard. On our last night of dining they seemed a little short staffed so service was a little slow, not the end of the world.

On the topic of drink, I'm afraid this is going to be the biggest criticism, I was fully aware of the limitations regarding alcoholic beverages. Now don't get me wrong, my wife and I are not big drinkers and I'm sure the hotel does not want its guests in an intoxicated state from morning till night. BUT......The local brew, Efes, was most definitely weakened (I had a large glass of this when we took a trip into Marmaris and it was very different to that at the bar), I think you could almost class it as alcohol free!! The spirits did not cover them selves in much glory, a gin and tonic very rarely had me thinking "how refreshing after a day in the sun" it was difficult again to detect any alcoholic content.
We tried many of the drinks from wine to spirits, sadly, all disappointed. The final resort was to pay for the non inclusive drinks, not what you want at an all inclusive!!

The entertainment was mixed. The resident duet The Secret should really be kept that way, she could sing but everything she sang was high pitched and a bit screechy. The act with three girls was dreadful (I have erased the name from my memory) my wife and I were chilling out on the bean bags near the harmony bar when these three kicked off, I couldn't believe my ears to the point I had to go up to the breeze bar to see them in the flesh, truly awful. The three guys covering the Drifters/Temptations songs were brilliant full of energy and could actually sing!! The Turkish dancers were superb well worth watching.

We treated ourselves to a package at the spa, this was fantastic and would highly recommend you try this out.

It was lovely to go out on the kayaks, which we did several times, very relaxing drifting along.

To sum up, we had a wonderful holiday, we met some lovely people who we intend meeting up with. A big plus was No stressed parents with crying children at there side. I do rate the Imperial very highly based on location, food, general ambience and the fab staff.

But Some aspects of this package needs to be reviewed. I would be tempted back if some of the above was to change. And as for Thomson, you need to sort your flights out, delayed going out and delayed coming back, very frustrating.

Room Tip: 232 was a great place to be, but there are many great rooms with some stunning views.
1  Thank Robin B

Dear Robin B,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor. I was pleased to read that overall you really enjoyed your holiday apart from the beer, we serve Efes summer in the hotel which is a slightly lighter version of Efes hence the chanhe in taste. The `Secret ` I believe can sing, music I find however is down to very personal taste and we try and keep it middle of the road, if you dont want to be involved in the Breeze bar area entertainment then a lot of our guests enjoy a quiet drink down at the Harmony bar. We also have shows three times a week in the amphi theatre which prove very popular and as you mentioned this is where the Turkish Dancers are to be found. I am sorry to hear your flight was delayed this is not a usual occurance in this day and age. We hope to welcome you back in the future.