“Wonderful hotel, a little far from the airport though”

TUI SENSIMAR Marmaris Imperial Hotel
Ranked #8 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Wonderful hotel, a little far from the airport though”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

The one and only complaint I have about this hotel is the location- it is pretty far from the airport, and our return flight was a night flight so it was exhausting.

The hotel istelf is beautiful, you stay in little bungalow-type buildings, and the views are fantastic. I woke up on the first day, having arrived in the wee hours so it was dark, and opened the curtains to be confronted by a screen of blue- the whole window/door was flooded with a gorgeous view of the sea and it took my breath away.

We didn't use the pools as the hotel has a private beach, and the sea was warm and lovely. The food was great, no complaints there, and the show chefs were all very friendly and talented.

We didn't watch the entertainment as we don't like pop music or the thought of a couple of people with a guitar, but had no problem amusing ourselves. The staff were cheerful and everywhere was clean and well-maintained.

Beware the bees though, there are quite a few as this place is set among the woodland and I think there are some beekeepers nearby; I'm scared of them (as is anyone with any sense- being stung hurts!) but I suppose that's what you get when you stay off the beaten track.

It's a short ride away from Marmaris itself, and I quite liked the journey as Dolmuses are fun.

I would stay here again if ti wasn't for the distance from the airport- I'll probably not return to Marmaris in general as it's too tiring to travel for that length of time.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Liz H
tthotels, General Manager at TUI SENSIMAR Marmaris Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
We are pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your holiday, some of our guests take advantage of paying for a private transfer that gets them here much faster and although a little more expensive than the coach, well worth it. We do hope you decide to return in the near future.

Sharon AY

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,187)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
aberdeenshire
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Hubby and I are just back from Marmaris Imperial, it is a fantastic resort, outside of Marmaris itself but only 10 mins away from the city centre by bus (picked up from outside the security gate) and 1/2 by water taxi (which leaves twice a day but only gives you 3 hour's in Marmaris before returning to the hotel). You will be glad you are in this resort the cool breeze from the sea helps combat the heat, when we were there it was 35 to 36 degrees.

The food is fantastic..breakfast, lunch, dinner..no complaints, there is something for everyone. They also have 2 other restaurants, the Steak Restaurant (only 7 tables, and you have to pay an extra 30 euro for) and the Turkish Restaurant that you can use once a week during your stay. However during our two week stay we couldn't get into either as they were fully booked! So chose to go back into Marmaris were there are a great selection of restaurants. Our favourite was Dede...a three course meal and a great bottle of wine was only £50.00...Hubby normally had T-bone's!

Recommended Trips are the day trip to Rhodes and definitely Dalyan to the mud baths (great fun) see turtles and the beach.

There are lot's of activities to do at this resort, parasailing, kayaking, wind surfing, tennis...I could go on and on....

Down side, there are lot's and lot's of step's in fact you can't go anywhere on the resort without going up and down to get anywhere, I mentioned that I had only just had back surgery and wanted to be close to the beach as possible so we got room 222, partial seaview but only 30 steps away from the beach.

Would we recommend this hotel! Definitely!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ewenclaire
tthotels, General Manager at TUI SENSIMAR Marmaris Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear ewenclaire,

We are all delighted to read that you had such an excellent stay. As mentioned in most previous reviews the location on a hill is clearly detailed in the Thomson brochure and on the web, I am pleased that we could accommodate your request for a close room to the beach. Thank you for recommending us, we hope to see you again.

Newbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I guess it is true that a beautiful location and first class amenities can be spoiled by poor staff, just as it is true that poor location and amenities can be overcome by good staff. People buy people, and here, at the Marmaris Imperial, you get both! The staff were more obliging, friendly and welcoming than anywhere else my wife and I have stayed. So, that, coupled with the beautiful hillside location out of town, the excellent pools and sports amenities (the Archery was great) made the Marmaris Imperial a truly exceptional place for a holiday.The rooms were clean, tidied every day and the linen changed frequently. The restaurants gave a good selection of foods and it was very difficult not to overeat at every meal, which must reflect on the hard work and skill of the unseen chefs. Our waiter, Suleyman and his assistant, Habibe, were better than most restaurants in the UK and made special efforts for our group of 8. The bar staff were friendly and efficient, and everyone worked especially hard. The entertainment was good, with the local Turkish dancers being especially enjoyable. I would happily come back again and recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Lower level rooms save either a long climb up steps or waiting for a free buggy ride.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Zablockik
Dear Zablockik

Thank you for your glowing review! We read with delight your spendid comments, I am so glad you enjoyed our hotel and staff! Thank you for recommending us and we hope to see you in the very near future!

My kind regards,

Sharon Ay
Rushden
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for 2 weeks in June. The hotel is amazing - beautiful views, two pools and right on the beach. The hotel was quite full whilst we stayed, but there were plenty of sunbeds by both pools and on the beach. We were not by the pool/beach until at least 10am each day and there was no problem finding a sunlounger for two. Some people have commented that there a lot of older couples at the hotel. We are both 30 and there were all ages at the hotel and we made good friends with a couple in their early twenties. Our room was very comfortable, I did email the hotel beforehand to request a matress topper having read previous reviews re the hard beds. This was taken care of on arrival and was very comfy. Our room was near reception. There are a lot of steps everywhere, it is mentioned in the brochure and numerous trip advisor reviews. So if you book this hotel then have the audacity to moan about steps, then you are stupid and haven't done your homework. The food was amazing. I note a lot of people commented about it being chicken. Its not. Every day we ate there was a wide variety of fish, chicken, meat dishes and loads of vegetarian dishes and pasta. If you are a fussy eater then you will find something to suit your appetite. Me and my boyfriend will try anything - they had veal, salmon, fresh tuna, tuna steaks kebabs, and the choice of breads are amazing! And for all you hard core Brits, there are French fries served at lunch and dinner - I never touched the chips. They had various food themes each night - international cuisine, Italian night, far east night, Turkish night - all serving different foods. The wine was alright to drink, I loved the ready made cocktails, they are sweet but that was to my liking. Local beer was good. You have to pay for Malibu though and there is no local alternative. So I bought a bottle of Malibu at duty free and had it in the fridge at the hotel. I would thoroughly recommend going to this hotel. The staff are wonderful and very friendly and polite. The entertainment was light, resident duo The Players sang every night. They were a husband/wife team and the wife did most of the singing which got a bit tedious. There is also an amphitheatre which put on shows 2/3 nights a week from Turkish dancing, Chinese acrobats to a musical show. So plenty to do. There is also various games/activities during the day, water polo, archery, basketball, rifle shooting, there is also a gym, there are more activities but we did not do all of them. You must go to this hotel - you will not regret it!!

Room Tip: If you don't want to walk far to the restaurant/beach/pool, email the hotel before hand requesti...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sallyann300
tthotels, General Manager at TUI SENSIMAR Marmaris Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Guest ,
Thank you very much for your positive detailed review on Trip Advisor following your recent holiday here at the Imperial. I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed the location, food, high standard of staff service as well as the entertaintment . Comments like yours really motivates the team and shows us that we are on the right track. I am also pleased to note that you contacted us in advance of your arrival and we were able to fulfil all your requests. For future guests who are following us from Trip Advisor, please let our Public Relations Team know ozlemgokce.tok@tthotels.com in advance for any special requests and we will try our very best to meet them.

Thank you once again for your lovely review we look forward to your return visit.

My kind regards,

General manager
Tadcaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I spent two weeks at the Marmaris Imperial June/July 2014. I was really looking forward to the holiday having seen the pictures on the internet beforehand and read the reviews. I can honestly say I was not disappointed.

It's the first time I've ever been on holiday and felt totally relaxed on the first day - it usually takes a couple of days to unwind.

The rooms are what you expect, clean and functional - nothing special - so there's not a lot to say about it.

What makes this hotel is its views, location and its staff. The views from the restaurant are excellent and we happily spent each breakfast time, and every other meal-time, sat outside taking them in.

I found the staff to be friendly and helpful and, although I wouldn't usually do this, I would like to give a special mention to Adem who worked in the bar at the Relax pool and Halel (not sure of spelling) who worked in the restaurant and served us most of the time out on the terrace.

The choice and quality of the food was good, although I have noticed a couple of reviews mentioning a lack of choice! We were there for two weeks and I don't think I had the same thing twice so make of that what you will.

I would recommend having a Turkish bath and massage, it's well worth the money.

I would also recommend that, on an afternoon, if you feel like a little snooze, you go down towards the gym where you will find a number of giant beanbags under the trees and two of these, pulled together, are very comfortable.

The only quibble I have, and that's if I'm pushed, is that, although it is an all inclusive hotel, you have to pay for alcoholic drinks after midnight which seems a little odd to me, not having come across it before.

I would recommend this hotel to my family and friends although I wouldn't go back but that's only because I like to go to different places. I can understand why people return again and again to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Daisymay999
Dear Daisymay999 ,
First of all thank you very much for your motivating comment on Trip Advisor,
I m so happy to read you settled in our relaxing ambiance right from the begining of your holiday and enjoyed the layout , views as well as our food,
Our Kitchen tam Works extremely hard to make sure they create different delicious food for our guests taste which we recieve many positive feedback from our guests ,

Its pleasure to read our staff looked after you well , special thanks for mentioning Adem , he is delighted to be mentioned,

Regarding to your point about drinks , as we are not ultra all inclusive , our drinks are payable after midnigh as its advertised in the brochure.

Thank you once again and looking forward to having you as our guests in future

Kind Regards
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Before i start i will say my wife and i had a great week. Not the best start though. Arrived late at the hotel after travelling all day and eating rubbish airline snacks, to be told that all the restaurants were closed. We had to ask if there was any chance of a snack or something. The receptionist scuttled off and returned with two white bread cheese sandwiches in a package. I'm sure they were made in the hotel but really, a white bread cheese sandwich! It just didn't fill us with confidence about the food at the hotel. Not a good impression, that's all. We were then taken to our room which was lovely and great views but......... it had a door in it to join the room next door to ours to make a larger unit. For groups i guess. To reach our room, you had to pass directly in front of the adjoining room. Past that room's patio doors, past that room's double bed in full view, through that room's patio area. Not private and potentially very embarrassing. We ate our cheese sandwich (starving so no option) didn't unpack and went straight back down to reception to get our room changed. Unfortunately, we were told the hotel was full and we would not be able to sort anything out until the next day. So, not the best arrival and not the best first night. I noticed there were very few of this type of room so was dissapointed that we had such bad luck to get one as we had booked nearly a year in advance and should have had a better room for doing this.
The next day could not have been different. Breakfast was great and we got a room change. Although, we were not able to access the room until 3pm so felt a little in limbo, not being able to unpack or get comfortable in our room.
Now the positives, and there are plenty.
Food: Great choice and plenty of it. Very nicely displayed and always fresh bread available. We ate more from the salad bars but there was fantastic choice at the chef manned grills. I find that most hotel chefs use too much oil and pre cook quite a bit and then put into heated containers. This means alot of the meat is overcooked for my taste, particularly the fish. I would rather wait and have it cooked to order. Overall the food was very good but not quite excellent.
Drinks: Beer fine, wine fine. Didn't have any cocktails but they looked good. Coke and bottled water available throughout the hotel.
Room: When we finally got our second room we were very happy. Partial sea view but the trees and village feel of the place was great and it was very relaxing to sit on the balcony. Mattress a little soft for me but overall the room and bathroom were very comfortable and cleaned almost every day. It was quite a walk up the hill to get to our room. We enjoyed the walk but older guests might struggle. If you are prepared to wait there are golf buggies available to take you close to your room.
Hotel: Great feel, both pools lovely and we never didn't get a sun lounger, - unlike many previous holidays. The beach area and relax area were lovely but we mainly stayed by the pool and then went to lie in a hammock late afternoon listening to the sea lapping against the shore. The resort has a village feel and very atmospheric at night time. Walking through the 'streets' back to our room you could almost imagine you were in some rustic village. Hotel always clean.
Activities. Didn't really do any. Went shopping to Marmaris on the hotels water ferry, which was fun and went to a turkish bath which was a great experience.
Entertainment. It was fine. To be honest we are early to bed types so were happy to have dinner , grab a drink, watch a little entertainment and the go back to our room. The dance shows in the amphitheatre were very entertaining and we particularly enjoyed the Turkish dancers. What energy they had, unbelievable.
Overall. I would definitely recommend this hotel for couples. It was quite, clean and definitely didn't feel busy, even though it was full. The food was varied, plentiful and well presented. We had a fantastic and relaxing time.

Room Tip: All good but just make it's stricly a single room not part of a larger suite as there is no priv...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank richard h
Dear richard h,

What a fabulous review. Thank you for your detailed review following your recent holiday at the Imperial. We were all very pleased to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us thank you for recommending us.

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Great Hotel facilities which were accurately described on the Thomson website.
Well-appointed rooms set out beautifully in a small wooded area on a headland looking out over Marmaris Bay.
Excellent food provided in beautiful restaurants including "Show Cooking" where your choice is prepared in front of you
Laid-back evening entertainment.
Great range of excursions offered.
Certainly worth a re-visit

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Andy S
Dear Andy S,

Thank you for your short and glowing review, you obviously had a great time, thanks for taking the time to post your comment on tRip Advisor. We hope to see you soon for your re-visit.