“Great hotel! Everything right!”
Review of TUI BLUE Marmaris

TUI BLUE Marmaris
Ranked #9 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Lovely position with beautiful views. Great food. Friendly and helpful staff, nothing was too much trouble. Very relaxing and would certainly return. Have already been to several 'Magic Life' hotels around the world and when I realised this used to be one of this chain several years ago I wasn't surprised at the gardens,pools and general environment all making for a marvellous holiday. Water sports,other activities available and entertainment if you want them otherwise peace and quiet!
Our third visit to Turkey and always found people lovely and welcoming!
A short trip across the bay in a water taxi bring you shops and nightlife.
Only criticisms some cocktails had virtually no alcohol in them and rooms had a little damp inside cupboards which needs to be sorted out.
Steps everywhere but little buggies transport anyone who wants it, up and down the hill....
Would highly recommend!

Room Tip: Rooms from 300,400,500,have better views of the bay
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Catharine B
tthotels, General Manager at TUI BLUE Marmaris, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Catharine B
Thank you for taking time to post your review on Trip Advisor, we are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay! I have taken note of your comment about the damp cupboard. We are pleased you enjoyed a warm welcome, thank you for highly recommending us!
We hope to see you once again in the near future!

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Just returned from the marmaris imperial. Had a great time. Very relaxing this probably due to it being a couples hotel and not a child in sight. Food good. Lots of steps but they transport u in the buggies even at the end of the night. Not a place for high shoes. Pool fantastic.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank kathryn w

Dear kathryn

Thank you for your short and positive review! We are delighted that you had a great holiday! Yes we wouldn’t recommend high shoes due to the amount of steps but you could always carry them with you!

Reviewed 31 July 2014

The one and only complaint I have about this hotel is the location- it is pretty far from the airport, and our return flight was a night flight so it was exhausting.

The hotel istelf is beautiful, you stay in little bungalow-type buildings, and the views are fantastic. I woke up on the first day, having arrived in the wee hours so it was dark, and opened the curtains to be confronted by a screen of blue- the whole window/door was flooded with a gorgeous view of the sea and it took my breath away.

We didn't use the pools as the hotel has a private beach, and the sea was warm and lovely. The food was great, no complaints there, and the show chefs were all very friendly and talented.

We didn't watch the entertainment as we don't like pop music or the thought of a couple of people with a guitar, but had no problem amusing ourselves. The staff were cheerful and everywhere was clean and well-maintained.

Beware the bees though, there are quite a few as this place is set among the woodland and I think there are some beekeepers nearby; I'm scared of them (as is anyone with any sense- being stung hurts!) but I suppose that's what you get when you stay off the beaten track.

It's a short ride away from Marmaris itself, and I quite liked the journey as Dolmuses are fun.

I would stay here again if ti wasn't for the distance from the airport- I'll probably not return to Marmaris in general as it's too tiring to travel for that length of time.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Liz H

We are pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your holiday, some of our guests take advantage of paying for a private transfer that gets them here much faster and although a little more expensive than the coach, well worth it. We do hope you decide to return in the near future.

My Kind Regards,

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Hubby and I are just back from Marmaris Imperial, it is a fantastic resort, outside of Marmaris itself but only 10 mins away from the city centre by bus (picked up from outside the security gate) and 1/2 by water taxi (which leaves twice a day but only gives you 3 hour's in Marmaris before returning to the hotel). You will be glad you are in this resort the cool breeze from the sea helps combat the heat, when we were there it was 35 to 36 degrees.

The food is fantastic..breakfast, lunch, dinner..no complaints, there is something for everyone. They also have 2 other restaurants, the Steak Restaurant (only 7 tables, and you have to pay an extra 30 euro for) and the Turkish Restaurant that you can use once a week during your stay. However during our two week stay we couldn't get into either as they were fully booked! So chose to go back into Marmaris were there are a great selection of restaurants. Our favourite was Dede...a three course meal and a great bottle of wine was only £50.00...Hubby normally had T-bone's!

Recommended Trips are the day trip to Rhodes and definitely Dalyan to the mud baths (great fun) see turtles and the beach.

There are lot's of activities to do at this resort, parasailing, kayaking, wind surfing, tennis...I could go on and on....

Down side, there are lot's and lot's of step's in fact you can't go anywhere on the resort without going up and down to get anywhere, I mentioned that I had only just had back surgery and wanted to be close to the beach as possible so we got room 222, partial seaview but only 30 steps away from the beach.

Would we recommend this hotel! Definitely!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ewenclaire
tthotels, General Manager at TUI BLUE Marmaris, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear ewenclaire,

We are all delighted to read that you had such an excellent stay. As mentioned in most previous reviews the location on a hill is clearly detailed in the Thomson brochure and on the web, I am pleased that we could accommodate your request for a close room to the beach. Thank you for recommending us, we hope to see you again.

My Kind Regards,

Reviewed 31 July 2014

I guess it is true that a beautiful location and first class amenities can be spoiled by poor staff, just as it is true that poor location and amenities can be overcome by good staff. People buy people, and here, at the Marmaris Imperial, you get both! The staff were more obliging, friendly and welcoming than anywhere else my wife and I have stayed. So, that, coupled with the beautiful hillside location out of town, the excellent pools and sports amenities (the Archery was great) made the Marmaris Imperial a truly exceptional place for a holiday.The rooms were clean, tidied every day and the linen changed frequently. The restaurants gave a good selection of foods and it was very difficult not to overeat at every meal, which must reflect on the hard work and skill of the unseen chefs. Our waiter, Suleyman and his assistant, Habibe, were better than most restaurants in the UK and made special efforts for our group of 8. The bar staff were friendly and efficient, and everyone worked especially hard. The entertainment was good, with the local Turkish dancers being especially enjoyable. I would happily come back again and recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Lower level rooms save either a long climb up steps or waiting for a free buggy ride.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Zablockik

Dear Zablockik

Thank you for your glowing review! We read with delight your spendid comments, I am so glad you enjoyed our hotel and staff! Thank you for recommending us and we hope to see you in the very near future!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for 2 weeks in June. The hotel is amazing - beautiful views, two pools and right on the beach. The hotel was quite full whilst we stayed, but there were plenty of sunbeds by both pools and on the beach. We were not by the pool/beach until at least 10am each day and there was no problem finding a sunlounger for two. Some people have commented that there a lot of older couples at the hotel. We are both 30 and there were all ages at the hotel and we made good friends with a couple in their early twenties. Our room was very comfortable, I did email the hotel beforehand to request a matress topper having read previous reviews re the hard beds. This was taken care of on arrival and was very comfy. Our room was near reception. There are a lot of steps everywhere, it is mentioned in the brochure and numerous trip advisor reviews. So if you book this hotel then have the audacity to moan about steps, then you are stupid and haven't done your homework. The food was amazing. I note a lot of people commented about it being chicken. Its not. Every day we ate there was a wide variety of fish, chicken, meat dishes and loads of vegetarian dishes and pasta. If you are a fussy eater then you will find something to suit your appetite. Me and my boyfriend will try anything - they had veal, salmon, fresh tuna, tuna steaks kebabs, and the choice of breads are amazing! And for all you hard core Brits, there are French fries served at lunch and dinner - I never touched the chips. They had various food themes each night - international cuisine, Italian night, far east night, Turkish night - all serving different foods. The wine was alright to drink, I loved the ready made cocktails, they are sweet but that was to my liking. Local beer was good. You have to pay for Malibu though and there is no local alternative. So I bought a bottle of Malibu at duty free and had it in the fridge at the hotel. I would thoroughly recommend going to this hotel. The staff are wonderful and very friendly and polite. The entertainment was light, resident duo The Players sang every night. They were a husband/wife team and the wife did most of the singing which got a bit tedious. There is also an amphitheatre which put on shows 2/3 nights a week from Turkish dancing, Chinese acrobats to a musical show. So plenty to do. There is also various games/activities during the day, water polo, archery, basketball, rifle shooting, there is also a gym, there are more activities but we did not do all of them. You must go to this hotel - you will not regret it!!

Room Tip: If you don't want to walk far to the restaurant/beach/pool, email the hotel before hand requesti...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sallyann300
tthotels, General Manager at TUI BLUE Marmaris, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Guest ,
Thank you very much for your positive detailed review on Trip Advisor following your recent holiday here at the Imperial. I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed the location, food, high standard of staff service as well as the entertaintment . Comments like yours really motivates the team and shows us that we are on the right track. I am also pleased to note that you contacted us in advance of your arrival and we were able to fulfil all your requests. For future guests who are following us from Trip Advisor, please let our Public Relations Team know ozlemgokce.tok@tthotels.com in advance for any special requests and we will try our very best to meet them.

Thank you once again for your lovely review we look forward to your return visit.

General manager

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I spent two weeks at the Marmaris Imperial June/July 2014. I was really looking forward to the holiday having seen the pictures on the internet beforehand and read the reviews. I can honestly say I was not disappointed.

It's the first time I've ever been on holiday and felt totally relaxed on the first day - it usually takes a couple of days to unwind.

The rooms are what you expect, clean and functional - nothing special - so there's not a lot to say about it.

What makes this hotel is its views, location and its staff. The views from the restaurant are excellent and we happily spent each breakfast time, and every other meal-time, sat outside taking them in.

I found the staff to be friendly and helpful and, although I wouldn't usually do this, I would like to give a special mention to Adem who worked in the bar at the Relax pool and Halel (not sure of spelling) who worked in the restaurant and served us most of the time out on the terrace.

The choice and quality of the food was good, although I have noticed a couple of reviews mentioning a lack of choice! We were there for two weeks and I don't think I had the same thing twice so make of that what you will.

I would recommend having a Turkish bath and massage, it's well worth the money.

I would also recommend that, on an afternoon, if you feel like a little snooze, you go down towards the gym where you will find a number of giant beanbags under the trees and two of these, pulled together, are very comfortable.

The only quibble I have, and that's if I'm pushed, is that, although it is an all inclusive hotel, you have to pay for alcoholic drinks after midnight which seems a little odd to me, not having come across it before.

I would recommend this hotel to my family and friends although I wouldn't go back but that's only because I like to go to different places. I can understand why people return again and again to this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Daisymay999

Dear Daisymay999 ,
First of all thank you very much for your motivating comment on Trip Advisor,
I m so happy to read you settled in our relaxing ambiance right from the begining of your holiday and enjoyed the layout , views as well as our food,
Our Kitchen tam Works extremely hard to make sure they create different delicious food for our guests taste which we recieve many positive feedback from our guests ,

Its pleasure to read our staff looked after you well , special thanks for mentioning Adem , he is delighted to be mentioned,

Regarding to your point about drinks , as we are not ultra all inclusive , our drinks are payable after midnigh as its advertised in the brochure.

Thank you once again and looking forward to having you as our guests in future

Kind Regards