“Absolutely fantastic”

Ranked #10 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Poole, United Kingdom
“Absolutely fantastic”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

This was our third time of staying in the Marmaris Imperial and it is the first time with a resort that whenever we return it is better than before. The rooms have beautiful views (we prefer the upper level room) and spotlessly clean. The beach has a blue flag and is an absolute delight, there is nothing better than drifting on a lilo looking at the stunning views. The food is always excellent and all the staff very well trained, helpful and engaging. We will be booking again! Thank you to all the many staff who create such a fabulous experience. One last point, the alcohol is definitely not watered down!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Liz B
tthotels, General Manager at TUI Sensimar Marmaris Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Liz B,
It gives me great pleasure to read reviews from repeat guests, I am pleased
that you enjoyed another fantastic holiday at the Imperial and you notice
the changes we make every year to enhance our guests holiday. I know the
alcohol is not watered down, the taste is different yes but the spirits are
all 37% - 40% proof. We look forward to welcoming you back next year for a
fourth visit.

Sharon AY

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,095)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Just back from a ten night stay at this lovely hotel. Prior to this visit, I research and read tripadvisor on a regular basis. Therefore, I wish to give my own personal opinion.

Disregarding the flight/coach to the hotel... I will focus on the hotel.

Arrived very late and was welcomed by a friendly bunch of staff at the reception. We were told the key information and then delivered to our room on the golf buggy. The room was close to the reception, perfect in size and had beautiful views! Anyone who complains about the steps (having read trip advisor) should be proactive and request a particular room/location etc...

The views and scenery around the hotel is exceptional. Without a doubt- five star for the location! Adults only concept is brilliant. So peaceful, tranquil and relaxing.

The food was good and varied. However, I would suggest that the Harmony Bar should serve food again in the evening. Currently, I believe that this bar is open at 2-4 for lunch which is great. Although, it will be great to reopen again as a late night eatery, say 8-10. The themed nights were great. Especially the 'Far East' night. I would recommend booking dinner at the Steakhouse and Gunes restaurant. Be prepared for wasps! Many people complained about the drinks. Personally this did not massively bother me. Good idea to stock up at duty free. I mostly drank the red wine and it was always pleasant to drink. I would agree however with others that the cocktails should be improved. A cocktail of the night is fine, but make it a good quality cocktail! Another improvement for drinks would be fresh orange juice for breakfast.

The staff- FANTASTIC. We particularly became fond of the salon staff, Omar in the Breeze bar, Muzo (and the rest of the photographers) and DJ Aytach! All so friendly and nice to talk to.

Entertainment- 'The Golden Tones' absolutely outstanding. The Voices (the less said the better)!

All in all, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this hotel. Amazing location and we met some lovely people! Also before I forget, the hammocks, bean bags etc... was an added bonus!

Dear Lola J,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor following your recent holiday at the Imperial. Myself and the team were delighted to read all your positive comments. The Harmony used to be the payable a la carte restaurants which we moved upstairs next to the Gunes as a Steak House for this year, our guests enjoy sitting quietly in the evening drink in hand watching the twinkling lights of Marmaris in the distant and we have no plans to change this. We have just changed the seating times in both the Steak House and Gunes to avoid the wasps, so dinner in both restaurants is now 20.00 and 21.00 respectively. I am pleased to read you enjoyed the red wine and the drinks package is local spirits, beer, wnes and soft drinks/mixers. Fresh fruit juices are not part of the all inclusive package. Thank you for recommending us we hope to welcome you back in the near future for another brilliant stay.

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

I can't find any fault with the accommodation the bed was a bit hard but after requesting a mattress topper it was bearable. It was lovely and clean the maids do a fantastic job. The food was good and we thought it was quite varied. There were plenty of sun loungers and you didn't feel closed in having the beach front or swimming pools to choose from. The staff were pleasant and helpful. All in all we found it a very relaxing laid back holiday and are even considering coming back next year.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
· Dear Jane L,

Congratulations on your marriage and thank you for choosing the Imperial as your honeymoon destination. I read all your comments with pleasure, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor and for recommending us.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2014

My boyfriend and I have just returned from a week at the Marmaris Imperial and we absolutely loved it! We arrived early on a Friday morning and was greeted by reception staff who filled us in on everything we needed to know and also offered us a sandwich (drinks were available in our room). We were taken to our room which was in a perfect location, a few steps up from the beach, it was very clean and ample size for the two of us.

The location of this resort is amazing, and they have everything you could need for a reaxing holiday, we only left the resort 3 times and this was for excursions. We spent our days and nights relaxing by the sea or the activity pool, or when we wanted to chill out in the shade we would go upto the relax pool. In the evenings we laid on the hammocks by the sea and watched the sun set.

We hired one of the private cabanas on the pier for a day and for 25 euros it was definitely worth it, it included a cool box filled with a bottle of wine, 4 soft drinks, 4 beers, 2 still and 2 sparkling waters. A member of staff even came down to refill the ice throughout the day!

The food was amazing and there was so much to choose from. We really enjoyed the themed evenings. Yes alcohol was watered down but this was never an issue for us as we didnt go on holiday to get wasted!

We went on a couple of excursions, we did the turkish bath which was fun and great value for money alhough beware that if you go for the massage they will tell you that you have medical issues and will needs more treatment, obviously costing more money!
We also went on the water taxi to Turunc, again this was lovely, a nice boat ride and then lots of lovely bars and restaurants and shops along the beach.
Finally we did the Dalyan check out day, It was a good use of our last day as we had a night flight but when we go back we wont be doing it again, its one of those things that once youve done it then youre over it, but it was beautiful and the mud baths were great!

We will definitely be returning to Marmaris Imperial, try as we might we couldnt fault the place!

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the beach
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
tthotels, General Manager at TUI Sensimar Marmaris Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
dear shellyspooner,

Thank you for posting such a glowing review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay. Myself and the rest of the team are delighted to read that you enjoyed your holiday. Alcohol is not watered down, we do measure the amount of spirits we serve and add mixers, we are more than happy to accommodate any guest wishing to check the spirits neat before we mix them. We look forward to your return visit in the very near future.

derbyshire
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Loved the hotel and what most poeple say is spot on,
Rooms good we had 130 and it was a briliant spot for us not far away from anything, I did put a request in as I have Asthma and this was gratefully done for us.

Food lovely

Beach and sunbeds lovely, excellent in the fact, the hotel was full and there was never a problem to get two if you wanted a lie in.

We booked a couples massage package at the spa very well worth the money fantastic.

The water sports centre again the man who seemed to be in charge was not pushy but very helpful, we hired a speed boat for the afternoon and really enjoyed doing something different very good value for money.

Turkish A La Carte we loved.

The only couple of gripes we could say are the drinks, not a great selection and sometimes the wine Must have had water in, even a waiter said thats water when I asked for another wine to replace the first which tasted like 1/3 wine 2/3 water, when you did get a good one ok not the best but drinkable but sometimes what do you expect from all inclusives.

The service sometimes in the resturuant could be slow, I think more staff are needed and better training for them.

I always do not compare all inclusives in the med with the carribean there is a totally different standard and if you go with this thought you will enjoy.

Yes we definatley did enjoy ourselves and would love to go back, so keep up the good work all the staff and maybe just improve on the pointers most people pick out.

Room Tip: 100's not too far from things
1 Thank noway66
Dear noway66,

We are pleased to read that overall you did enjoy your recent holiday at the Imperial. The drinks are all local brands as advertised, I realise in the Caribbean you do get a much wider selection so if you compare the Turkish local drinks to the drinks included in a package in the Caribbean we will be lacking! The wine comes straight from screw top bottles and you can see the waiter opening these in the restaurant as we go through at least 200 litres per day. We hope to see you once again in the near future.

Cwmbran, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Just got back from a weeks holiday staying at Marmaris Imperial. Great hotel location with very relaxed atmosphere. Food was very good with chefs cooking fresh ingredients daily. Would we go back?... Probably not. Why? All inclusive included drinks but there were days where the white wine on offer you could not tell the difference between the water that was being served! Only one cocktail of the day was available as a free option and that was extremely lacking of any alcohol. I had a whiskey that was the worst I've ever tasted, again extremely watery. It's a real shame that the drinks side of things let this hotel down. The location is next to a marina with a small, probably man made beach area. The sun doesn't rise in this area until late morning and you have to turn your lounger around to face the sun. You do have to get up early if you want a decent sun lounger despite other comments saying that this wasn't the case. The room was basic and not too clean as when we arrived we walked across the floor and the bits of dirt stuck to our feet were evident the next morning when we looked at the bed sheets. Staff we found to be not too friendly but kept themselves at a distance. The only real conversation we had was with the duty manager on the last day who was very friendly. Other staff were polite but not that helpful.. At the restaurant we cleared our own table due to wasps! The reception weren't that helpful. We went on a boat trip to a local market.... Don't bother.... The market was only a few stalls and was difficult to find... Not worth the hour boat trip to Turanch. Great market though at Dalyan. Entertainment was Ok. The duo house band, The secret, were very good. Could do with more variety. The amphi theatre was hardly used during the week we stayed. This hotel is near any outside nightlife if that is what you like.We went for a relaxing holiday which is what we had but as I've said it wouldn't take much for this hotel to be outstanding. we're not heavy drinkers but enjoy the finer things in life and if it's an evening cocktail lets have that and not the syrup drinks that were being served. We would highly recommend Dalyan checkout this was a great day trip and a fantastic way to end your holiday.

Room Tip: Our room was high up so had great views of the bay.
2 Thank Adrian C
tthotels, General Manager at TUI Sensimar Marmaris Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Dear Adrian C
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. All the drinks in our All-Inclusive package are locally produced in Turkey and are reputable brands. Imported foreign brands are available at an extra cost. I’m surprised to hear that you didn’t find the staff friendly but glad that you were able to talk to the Duty Manager and discuss your concerns with him. Because of the hotel’s stunning location amidst the trees, when it’s breezy dust and twigs do blow into the rooms and can make the floor dusty even after it’s been cleaned. At this time of year there are wasps about throughout the resort and every effort is made to reduce their numbers – burning Turkish Coffee granules is a well-tried deterrant. I’m glad to hear you enjoyed the entertainment and the market in the resort of Dalyan.
My kind regards
Leven, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Have just returned from two weeks in this hotel, We had the best maid, she left flowers on the bed, made swans from towels and bed linen, amazing lady
Reception some were okay, no air conditioning for two days, only by threatening the second time round did anyone appear to rectify issue
If you have allergies don`t eat anything here, everything tastes of the same five spices, nuts in most things. Chicken, turkey, liver, and beef everything managed to taste the same.
Cat rescue shelter on site, cats scenting their area in restaurant, on your clothes anywhere basically, not pets, wild suckers.
Nearly forgot about the wasps, restaurant was a breeding ground for the buggers and of course the crickets, well, Thomson’s reps sell ear plugs for a £5/5Euros that will give you an idea how bad the noise was
Yes they have euros in turkey, the shops in complex charge at least double for the same items found in Marmaris.
After paying a ridiculous amount of money to go to this 4 star plus hotel, not too sure how they managed this rating, this hotel is in the top seven hotels in Turkey, would hate to see number eight, they all still expect to be tipped
The best part of the hotel was the beach front really nice and the harmony bar brilliant bar man, the alcohol is very weak, possibly just flavoured water.
The barman wouldn`t give me a straight vodka to try at Breeze bar, just ignored me, as they knew they would probably be found out.
Go to this Hotel at your peril, Mexico is a far better option, at least they have an idea the level of service that is required of a four star plus hotel...
Just to close we had a good holiday once we lowered our expectations, been to Turkey on a few occasions, had a great time in the past, people were great on our past holidays, don`t know what happened here, maybe think they are better than what they actually are.

Room Tip: go to mexico for the same money and experience what 4/5star service is really like
4 Thank Robert E
Dear Robert E
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor and that you generally enjoyed your holiday. All the drinks in our All-Inclusive package are locally produced in Turkey and are reputable brands. Imported foreign brands are available at an extra cost. We are more than happy to let guests try any of the spirits straight from the bottle. The food is served on a 14 day rotation and there is plenty of choice on a daily basis. The Cat Cafe is there so that the cats can be fed in an organised fashion and we do respectfully ask guests not to feed them elsewhere. Due to the beautiful location of the hotel on a tree-clad hillside there is some insect-noise at certain times of year and there are wasps around throughout the resort. It’s good to hear that you loved the beach and Harmony Bar and that you appreciated the special touches your maid did when making up your room.
My kind regards