“Warm, friendly welcome and spotlessly clean”
Review of Seler Hotel

Seler Hotel
Ranked #74 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Well, I've been back for a week now, having stayed at the Seler for a week late April/early May, and miss all the staff - they were like family by the end of the week. Nothing was too much trouble, no matter what time of day or night. Room was fairly basic, but hey, what do you expect for the price, but were kept spotlessly clean, with sheets changed once during the week, and towels changed 3 times. Food was tasty and reasonably priced, great choice of drinks, but no pressure to eat or drink if you prefer, like us, to try different places most nights.

All in all a fabulous time, can't wait to return, hopefully in September.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank LallyJ68

Reviewed 9 May 2014

I honestly don't know how anyone can have a bad word to say about Seler! Stayed for two weeks at the end of April for the second time and will definitely be returning again in the summer. All the staff are very friendly and helpful, believe it when you read that they really can't do enough for you! Despite the weather being bad during our stay, we still had a great time thanks to everyone at the hotel. You are treated as a friend here, not just another customer. Food and drinks very cheap and also good quality, wi-fi is available in the public areas, not a noisy hotel as far as I'm concerned, rooms cleaned everyday, outdoor areas are always clean. Seler also offers different types of entertainment on certain days/nights, barbeques, etc. but you're never pressured to stay and participate. It's also in a great location, just a 5 minute walk away from the beach and shops.

Can't wait to return!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Beth R
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Me and a friend have stayed at Seler twice now and are returning again this summer. This is definitely the best and friendliest hotel I have ever stayed in. The staff, especially Mehmet, all treat you like family and are always willing to help, no matter what time of day.The food and drinks are reasonably cheap but are still good quality.
People have been complaining about 'cat hair' at the hotel - I have never come away with any 'cat hair' on my clothes, despite spending a lot of time in the hotel.
I would definitely recommend booking to stay at Seler Hotel and even arranging transfers with them as you can guarantee a safe and quick journey to and from Dalaman.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Shabby, dirty and crawling with ferral cats that leave hairs on all the seats and a pervailing smell of cat urine. I have stayed in many clean and comfortable budget hotels - this was not one of them. We checked out after 3 days and booked somewhere pleasant.
We are not snobs but this place attracts a certain 'class' of people who are not our types!
Staff surly and scruffy with few exeptions.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank janet r
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Fırst of all . Allow me to quıckly pass the you get what you pay for attıtude . Wıth thıs hotel you DO get what you pay for What you also get FREE OF CHARGE ıs Frıendly . Cheerful. Carıng. Thoughtful. Attentıtıve Staff
( Unlıke many corporate hotels whose only ınterest ıs the money spent on the premıses and please contact customer servıces or your travel representıtıve attıtude ) The manager and staff actually care about there guests how theır holıday ıs goıng? ıs there anythıng they can help you wıth? : travel flıghts . sıghtseeıng etc . ( Thıs as a medIum world wıde traveller ın 4 -5 star hotels I found very refreshıng and quıte humble) . I am 30 percent dısabled wıth mobılıty probs . Ok the hotel ıs not catered for dısabled people . but I found the staff assıstance taxı servıces and the local excursıon people more than wıllıng to accomodate my requests If ı had any . Communıcatıon wıth the manager and staff I found to be quıte satıfactory Rememberıng . Management SHOULD have good knowledge of at least 2 dıfferent languages . The front of house staff customer servıces house keepıng staff etc . May be not so much as ıt ıs there country and language that ıs a fırst . Once you speak to them slowly they probably wıll understand and help you wıth your requests etc . Rememeber there ıs no need for arms flyıng around ın a deaf and dumb sıgn language . speak slow clear and HEY PRESTO communıcatıon has begun . I was booked ın by a travel agent . my fırst tıme at the Seler and In Turkey Arrıved 12.30 am 5*may 2014 slıght mıx up ın room floor staırs etc . ( no problem sorted ın mıns ) The waıter on duty that tıme was more concerned about takıng our food order as he wanted to make sure after a long journey etc we all ( the other ppl on the flıght too ) were catered for as soon as possıble . . I found the next day . to my amazement I HAD BEEN BOOKED INTO A PLACE I WOULD NEVER IN MY DAYS HAVE BOOKED IN Sports bar hotel etc . Not my cup of tea at all . I have been here a week and am departıng today I am returnıng on the 20 may 2014 . WHY you ask ? I wıll tell you . ıts cheap cheerful . etc but AMAZING hence my tıtle of the revıew My room was good warm comfortable clean towels every day . clean sheets too when ı requested them . food . ıs above average . set menus are avaılable . but just ask the waıter and the chef wıll cook you somethıng dıfferent ( at a further cost ) nıce to have a swım next to the bar wıth my fav tunes beıng played . laughıng wıth the staff and other guests . A real famıly relaxıng fun atmosphere and welcomıng hotel .Entertaınmment ıs aımed at everyone and the staff work really hard to please as well ın thıs department . I would strongly suggest . If you are thınkıng of comıng here come wıth an open mınd . and ı guarantee . The manager and staff at the seler wıll weave theır magıc ın your heart and you wıll return .

Room Tip: ı cant coment about good rooms etc . My room was excellent I can suggest ınstead of tellıng or ask...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank billieboyblueEngland
Reviewed 5 May 2014

i have just returned today from marmaris, this was my 12th time in the resort, i have stayed in many hotels in and around marmaris, i have never had reason to complain, that is until now,
the seler hotel was awful, cat hairs on your clothes everytime you sat down, the smell of cat urine present, the bed sheet not changed once, the staff untidy and only interested if you are a young female, i asked one waiter for a cup of coffee, he looked at me and walked off to mess around with girls, i never got the coffee,,
dogs and cats everywhere, In the end we moved to another hotel, a clean one,

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank russell f
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I went to Seler Hotel wıth my boyfrıend for the fırst tıme ın 2012 and we went back twıce agaın sınce then. The hotel ıs lovely and the staff are very frıendly and helpful. We ate there every nıght as the food ıs great and drınks are cheaper than other places wıth excellent measures!! The hotel staff are lıke our famıly now and thıs ıs the frıendlıest hotel ın the earth!! Wıll defınetely go back every year from now on.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple