“Great holiday :)”
Review of Club Viva Hotel

Club Viva Hotel
Ranked #39 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Had a lovely week stay here in may with my friend in may 2014. Was recommended by a friend who also stayed here the may previously. Hotel decor looked very nice and was VERY impressed by the food. Had so much on offer and a different thing cooked outside everyday from pancakes one morning to chcken kebabs. Drinks were also very nice with a lot of different choices. Very much liked the banana liquor! Only down fall is that it can become busy at times and could hear people around the hotel late at night talking ect. Understand that everyone has an entitlement to do what they want on holiday but seemed too opened planned and a bit of an echo whilst trying to sleep. But apart from that everything was really good. Room was nice and clean.

Would visit again! :)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank hprice92

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel
Just returned home

(Positives first)
Gino and Joey absolutely amazing,entertaining,hilarious genuinely nice guys
"Brad Pitt" nice guy great spa treatment
Food is what it is all nice just very repetitive, but no issues all good quality, chefs outside really nice guys never left waiting around for food to be cooked
Rooms ok

(Negatives)
Hotel manager!!!! Well I believe him to be the manager as he never spoke just rude
Pool opening 8am-6pm
So why at 5:15 are we being kicked off sun loungers ?? When I say kicked I mean kicked the assistants stand by beds and tell you to move and start taking towels off beds and dumping towels for you to find later, or these so called assistants as ur lieing down kick the back of lounger so it drops down so u have to get up (health and safety)
Then this so called manager starts cleaning area with a hose pipe and he doesn't care if your in his way or not you just get wet
The owner of hotel is there every night (nice man) don't know whether he realises this behaviour happens!!!!
When check in it says don't reserve sun loungers before 7:30-8 so why the last 3 days have I had to get up a 5:30am to make sure we get a bed
All inclusive bar is what it says all inclusive so why so many restrictions ??
Bottled water had to pay
Water provided but it's lukewarm

I would return to hotel just for the entertainers and people I met there, hotel nice just don't like treatment we got after 5:15

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Rachelmissy
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Basically a good hotel. Very clean and in very good condition. Pleasant staff. Good if repetitive food.
Beer is extremely watered down - not such a bad thing during the day but to the point of just being yellow water! A bit less watered down at night. There were no stupid rules about getting drinks though as some places can have, so that's good.
Location is about 20 minute walk from the beach and main night life. There are some bars nearer the hotel. That's okay if you're fit enough, although it meant that a quick dip in the sea was a bit of an expedition.
Unfortunately for me there is one very big negative - I know you can't please all the people all the time but why do hotel 'entertainment' teams have to play music all day every day at max volume? It's so loud that I could not play my own music through headphones to escape it, and for a bit of peace the only way was to leave the hotel.
While here, check out the Blackpool Bar for drag act Roxy Tart. A bit rude and very funny.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank peter70d
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

I've just got back from an amazing week at club viva (I'm truly suffering from the holiday blues).

Hotel is lovely, although our room was quite small, it is very clean and the maid service was great. Clean towels and bedding 3 times in a week!

The food is simple but nice, although it was quite repetitive (like all all inclusive food).

The entertainment team made the holiday!!
Gino and Joey are fabulous, very entertaining! From darts, to water polo and dancing at the side of the pool. "I'm telling you" we were professional bingo players by the end of the week!

Great resort, not too far from all the hustle and bustle of marmaris bar street, but far enough to enjoy a relaxing holiday!

The mosque singing at 5am was a shock the first morning, but we found that the more vodka you drink the night before, the less you hear it!

If you want a sun bed by the pool you need to have your towels out by 7.30am!

Fab place, would definitely go back!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Kayleigh W
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We stayed at club viva end of july and was amazing & unforgattable.it was a week all inclusive holliday with my friend and we had great and amazing time.The hotel was so clean,lovely and warm & modern decoreted.All staff were very friendly and helpful and smile endless.Room was so large and cleaned daily, also eveywhere were spotless.The food were so tasty( esp.grill was great and delicious).Drinks were fine and original. The entertainers were so funny and friendly ( many thanks Gino & Joey) and you were really well with them.We will definetely return club viva again and recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Corner suites are larger
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Adam G
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

After reading reviews was so looking forward to club viva ..was really disappointed food was crap pool was rubbish not for kids under 150cm sunbed situation was an absolute joke pool sign says its shuts at 6 em try 5 they started cleaning for the night time and basially told you to move .. entertainment was ok gino and joey are the best thing about this hotel "im telling u " joey is hilarious and very very cute LOL.. the drinks are watered down and served in pathetic plastic cups you give a 2 year old .. so basically if you a good time in turkey go somewhere else booking up next year as I'm not gonnie let this experience put me off

• Stayed: July 2014
6  Thank lynette h
Reviewed 6 August 2014

After looking forward to staying here on our family holiday, to say I was a little underwhelmed was an understatement.
We read all the reviews and they all sounded great, a few disapproving reviews but I was of the view a holidays what you make it.
The transfer from the airport is 90 mins which was fine especially after we were the first to be dropped off.
First impressions was the check in was like supermarket sweep, I was filling in my details whilst the security guard, placed my all inclusive band around my wrist. Very rushed and your bags are grabbed and taken to your room, this is the first opportunity you have to be "tapped" for a tip from the Turkish people.
The reception is nice with modern furnishing in a well lit environment, one issue was it was 2am and the reception was stifling hot with no air con, a theme that you must get used too.
Inside our room where the front door was in dire need of a refurb, the heat was just as intense with only one small air con unit in the bedroom, the other room was like a sweatbox, we had a family room sleeping two adults and two children, with two beds in each room.
Having reviewed all the pictures online I was disappointed in the size of our room and with no fancy swans or petals on our beds the welcome was a lot less than we thought. The bathroom was also a major let down in dire need of a refurb, the shower was actually really pathetic over the bath with a shower curtain that required changing.
So we settled in for a few hours sleep before we started our holiday in earnest.
I woke early and went down to the pool to claim our sun beds a sport that I never thought would be on my agenda for our ten day.
Everyday I had to get up at 6am to claim our beds,if your a sleepy head and aren't up before 7am you have no hope of a bed, there is signs everywhere to not lay your towels on the beds but these are ignored. The pool area is far too small for the amount of guests in the hotel, the kids play area is a disaster and is actually just an area of muck with toys that look like they have come out of a skip.
The bar area is fine although the beer is watered down to the point you will gain no effect from it even if you drink it all day, they are served in kids plastic tumblers with is fine as in July the temperature is so intense your beers warm in five minutes.
Another thing that ruined our experience around the pool is the amount of flys and wasps that buzz around you. The place is crying out for an insect eliminator to keep them off you.

The restaurant is another poor effort,the food is poor,bland and to be honest pretty horrible, the drinks machine was either continually out of cups or juice, after a few days of it you need to sample some of the excellent restaurants on the hotel doorstep, something you shouldn't have do on an all inclusive.

In summary I wouldn't use this hotel for all inclusive as it's not worth the money. With only one air con unit in the room the temperatures are unbearable. It requires an upgrade and would not be any higher than a 2 1/2 star in the UK, Staff are fine but the tip boxes they carry around with them are not what I want to see.

Also avoid Turkey in July the temperature is unbearable. Shopping is fantastic if you remember to haggle for your life as everything is fake.

Would I go back to Marmurus, Yes
Would I stay at the Club Viva again. No I wouldn't.

Room Tip: Ask for the elusive refurbished rooms, I'm sure they must be somewhere.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family