“The best hotel in mamaris.”

Golden Rock Beach Hotel
Ranked #24 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed 13 June 2013

This hotel was amazing. We had sea view and overlooked the fabulous pool and sea. With a private beach. Two restaurants. Food was brilliant al a carte restaurant food mouth watering. Entertainment staff were friendly and funny. The spa at the hotel is definitely the best in marmaris. Fatima and beau lance were incredible. Service was above and beyond what we expected. Can't wait to go back. Also has own photographer. Great value for money. You truly will not be disappointed with this stunning hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Vonniev01
There are newer reviews for Golden Rock Beach Hotel

Reviewed 12 June 2013

One of the best hotels I have stayed in. Food very tasty the best food I have ever had in a hotel the only problem was snack bar is only open 2 hours a day. Staff v nice, and drinks v good. Will go back its in the best part of marmaris just away from the crowds and drunks but not too quiet.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank rosie1968_12
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Ignore what everybody says about it being no 5* because it is and is value for money they have two slides for children and adults. When you go you get towel cards for how many people they are in your party and can swap the towels around if they get too wet on the same day and we have our own private little beach. The rooms are always clean and tidy and we had our beds changed I think it was either 6 or 7 days a week and made our towel, clothes and pyjamas into creative things. The food was great and if you ask them the chef will make plain naan bread and might make a dessert to what you ask them, if you ask them nicely. But there was nothing I could fault about the hotel or the staff or the room. The hotel has a great location because you can walk on the beach to Marmaris and it is a really nice walk. Also you can take a bus to Marmaris which is 2.00 TL and a bus to Icmeler is 2.50 TL. All the Staff at the hotel are really friendly and will help you out with anything, also a member of the staff sets the sunbeds out every day really nicely. The entertainment people are really friendly and on a night time are really funny.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a sea view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Strawberry2001
Reviewed 9 June 2013

This hotel is excellent and value for money. There are 5 floors and an impressive reception area.
Our room was immaculate and looked onto the pool having sun from lunch time onwards.
Room cleaned and towel and flower features were laid out on bed most days. Room has water bottles in fridge first night only but not a problem as they can be filled.
Food - breakfast served until 11am but if late breakfast choice becomes limited. Lunch and dinner could not be faulted we tended to eat late and felt this was a more relaxed experience. Also available by pool were hot snack burgers etc (2 -4 pm) then cakes at 5pm. Alcohol and beverages available all day until 12 midnight, The animation team encouraged everyone to join them in bar street (free transport ) at 11pm to prolong the night.
Peak season may bring about the towel on bed issue but there is always the beach which you can take your hotel drinks etc.
We had a Turkish bath on 2nd day and the experience was relaxing professional and value for money - say hello to Adnan and Sinem and who can forget the spa Boss Jenny all lovely people. Because I had the turkish bath this gave me a discount for a future treatment and therefore I had a milk and honey bath and massage on my last night. The Hairdresser on site is very good and nothing was a hassle. Please leave your OK Hello magazines for the clients.
Reception staff Emin and his female colleague , professional and went the extra mile for us.
Short bus rides away from Icmeler and Marmaris. Pop in bar down road - friendly staff good exchange rate

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank davmanmount
Reviewed 8 June 2013

OK, the hotel itself is great and cannot fault it, newly built, nice clean rooms, location is good as well either 30 min stroll along the beach into Marmaris or 2 TL by bus, also close to Icmeler only 2.50 TL on the bus. What does however really let this hotel down is the management and the poor attitude of the staff. When we checked in our initial impression was great, until we found out the receptionist did not give us our towel cards or inform us about the offer to eat at the Al a Carte restaurant during our stay. The dinning experience was a shambles. Firstly, you need to ensure you get to the restaurant just as it opens to secure a table, otherwise leave it about an hour until the first diners are starting to leave and hope you get a table. Even then do not expect the staff to make up the table again, instead you will have to put up with a dirty table cloth and getting your own cutlery. One thing I found strange, they offer 3 courses at the restaurant, yet only ever lay the table with 1 knife and fork per person at the start of service. Food they serve is actually very good and this I cannot fault, drink service however is another matter. if you're lucky the waiter may ask you if you want a drink with your meal as they are serving the standard offering of bottled warm water, however, be warned they will only offer this once before you start eating and will provide you with the smallest glass of wine possible. If you want any more wine, then you either need to beg desperately to get the attention of the staff, or go to the corner bar yourself to fetch it. Overall you feel as if the staff are rushing you and don't want you to stay in the restaurant any longer than you need to so they can tidy up. Thought it a bit off putting as well they had 3 "slop" buckets in the restaurant where the staff would scrape left overs into, was more like a school canteen and this could have been done elsewhere. Bar staff equally unhelpful, apparently they can make you a cocktail but you need to tell them the ingredients and they will see if they can do it. A bar menu would be more helpful but then again the staff do not seem to want to help. Internet a joke, managed to get Wifi a few days, but day before we were to fly no signal at all. At reception initially they told me it was my phone that was at fault, then when I asked if I could use their computer for online check in they confessed their internet was also not working all the time. Asked how I could check in online and told to walk 2 blocks down to the internet café and pay myself. I asked if I could go to their sister hotel Pasa and use their free internet and the guy just laughed and told me I would have to pay. Entertainment a real nuisance, if you want to sit by the pool and relax. Same old rubbish every morning, basically thumping music and shouting followed by games, slight break at lunch time but starts up again late afternoon, even if you try to escape to the beach you can still hear it but not as bad and you do get some break from it. Overall I would return to Marmaris, but I would not stay at this hotel. Whilst it is built to a high standard and the location is great, I would expect to be treated more like a paying guest rather than an inconvenience.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Geoffrey_H-H
Reviewed 8 June 2013

First of all this hotel has made a rod for its back by calling it a 5 stars hotel it’s not.
Check in
We arrived at this hotel at about 06.30 in the morning and checked and asked if we wanted a safe and was charged 68 t/l I knew about the charge but I have never paid for a safe in an all inc hotel, We were allocated room 329 on the road side I asked about a room upgrade and was quoted £240 so we didn't bother
Rooms
The room was fine very clean not that big but no iron tea/coffee making facilities and not much room to fit all our clothes into the cupboard and drawers. There is a small flat screen TV on the wall with about 30 channels on it but for some reason the UK channels were freezing up the full two weeks we were there. If you are a light sleeper you might have a problem sleeping in the road side rooms the road traffic and restaurants across the road are very noisy but we are good sleepers and this didn't bother us. The hot water in the shower kept on getting hot and cold so you had to keep moving out of the water from getting yourself scalded.
Location
I think this is the biggest asset this hotel has, it’s in a very nice area with some nice hotels around it with plenty of bars and restaurants, and the hotel is smack on the pebbly beach with a light gradient going in to the sea water. You are only seconds away from getting a drink or a coffee from the bar.
Food/Drink
You will always find something to eat at this hotel food was always hot and the restaurant is spotlessly clean. If you like fruit and cakes bread you will have a massive selection. We did go out for breakfast a few time as my wife wanted some bacon and sausage which they didn't have. You won’t find a massive selection of meat selection at this hotel the hotel served mainly chicken liver and fish. They would also recycle food so if you were having chicken kebabs for lunch you would have chicken burgers for dinner. The drinks at this hotel are very weak the worst I’ve had at any all Inc hotel I’m not a big drinker but they are very cheap on the alcohol and the food here and that what really disappointed me on this holiday
I asked the girl behind the bar we give me a little bit more vodka in my drink and she looked around and said that the management watch them to make sure they didn't give too much. For some reason we have eaten our lunch outside for over a week then they changed it they put all cheaper food outside pizza hamburgers chips and said if you want to eat outside you must eat from the buffet outside and you can’t take the food from the restaurant outside this is madness it’s like a concentration camp and it you try to take any food to the beach the security guard stops you and can take it off you or they will charge you 4 Euros to take any food outside
All in all we did have a good time and the hotel does have some great points but with a few tweaks here and there it could be a fantastic hotel. I wouldn’t do an all inclusive in Marmaris again as I think you can have a better variety of food and drink outside the hotel but I would stay at this hotel again if I could leave the food and drink option as the location is fantastic.

Room Tip: land rooms are noisy
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank all_jackSwansea
Reviewed 8 June 2013

Very good overall; modern, clean and friendly. As with all all inclusives it can get a bit repetitive but a 40 minute stroll or 20lira in a taxi to the marina which has a host of amazing restaurants with roof terraces. Jan de wit was a personal favourite.

Only thing stopping this from being a 5 star overall is the repetitive entertainment and cheesy music.

• Stayed: June 2013