“Amazing as always! ”

Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

Great to see everyone again! You make our holiday for sure! Welcomed with open arms, treated like royalty and the food is amazing; EVERY.DAY!! Amazing service both inside and on the beach, the cocktails and and the coffee are divine, especially the Strawberry Daiquiri and Espresso Martini!

Reviewed 19 September 2017

On three previous occasions we had stopped at Viking beach for pre-dinner drinks. The drinks had been excellent and the service first rate. In fact, the cocktails were almost too strong for me… almost! As those who know me will understand, I am not a big drinker.
So, when Jean and I were discussing where to eat last night she said how about Viking Beach. I checked the reviews on Trip Advisor and they showed up as 5* so the decision was made.
Once more we took the easy option of a taxi (10lire/£2.18). We have had some surprisingly good drivers whilst on holiday this year and this one was no exception. He drove quickly as they all do, but safely to the Blue Port Centre.
We then walked slowly along the prom chatting amicably to the restaurant touts. I have been saying to them this trip “thanks but we are already booked”. None have taken exception to this and have just said wistfully, “next time”?
Eventually we reached our destination. The outside man recognised us, greeted us nicely but not over the top and showed us to the table of our choice. Front row in the middle with the best all-round view. It pays to come early as the front row seats were soon full, as was the rest of the restaurant.
We said we were not in a rush and ordered drinks. G&T for Jean and Long Island Iced Tea for me. A drink I have only recently discovered that I really enjoy. We also ordered a small bottle of water.
The drinks arrived quickly. Meanwhile Jean had said it would be nice to have something to nibble on so, to save my arm, we ordered one portion of garlic bread with cheese.
When this arrived, it was a revelation. Usually we complain that restaurants are a bit stingy with the garlic butter and cheese. Not at the Viking. The topping of cheese was lavish and well melted so it dripped over the edges. And when we turned over the slices of local bread the garlic butter had soaked right through. Our personal garlic bread heaven.
We took our time with our drinks but eventually it was time to order. The sun had set but we had not been able to watch the colours change on the islands in the bay as there was a light mist blocking our view. Later this mist turned out to be very high humidity and everything became decidedly damp.
Jean said she had had enough red meat and ordered the chicken fillet with mushroom sauce. Just for a change… I ordered the lamb chops.
In the mean time Jean had been watering down her drink as she said it was far too strong. Not too many places you can say that about! Mine was perfect.
Jean’s dinner arrived on a large white plate. A surprisingly large chicken breast was covered with a rich, creamy mushroom sauce. Alongside, in a small pastry cup were the usual portion of mixed vegetables. Broccoli, carrot and peppers. Plus, of course, a generous portion of large chips.
It was then I thought that I had made a mistake. Usually I ask for the chips to be replaced with extra rice, but in the enjoyment of the garlic bread I had forgotten. This turned out to a lucky slip.
On my plate were a portion of the chips, a portion of Turkish rice and four huge chops! On the side was a salad garnish.
The chips were large, nicely cooked and REAL! I emphasise this because lately we have had an excess of frozen, artificial, processed chips. That’s why I usually go for the rice. But these were lovely.
Jean’s chicken was tender, the sauce well-constructed and very tasty and the vegetables nicely cooked. The chips, as said, were great!
My chops had been perfectly cooked, pink as I like them. They were tender and very succulent with the juices running out of them. I know many prefer their meat well done but I find pink lamb much tastier. The rice was good and useful for mopping up those juices.
We were too full for pudding and I decided to wait for a coffee back at our hotel.
We paid the bill and wandered of into the dark, slightly damp night.
My memory is playing tricks as I cannot for the life of me remember the total cost of this lovely meal. I do remember however that we both though it reasonable and value for money.
We will certainly be back but as time is passing it will have to wait for next year.
Peter & Jean. :o)

2  Thank PoolePeter
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

Just popped in for a drink, but felt so relaxed in this beach front restaurant so decided to stay for a meal & we were pleased we did, amazing food & friendly staff

1  Thank juliesimpson79
Reviewed 9 September 2017

This was a our first visit and we were not disappointed.
Staff were really friendly and gave suggestions on what we should have to eat.
The food was delicious! seriously!!!

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Staff very friendly and welcoming,we were persuaded to eat here during our two week stay and i am so glad we did! The food is absolutely lovely,very cheap to eat and well worth a visit. We decided to return on our last night of our holiday as we had the best meal there and knew we would have a perfect meal to end our perfect holiday. I would recommend the pancake with ice cream for desert