“Room clean and spacious but would not return”
Review of Gold Kaya Hotel

Gold Kaya Hotel
Ranked #128 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Just returned from a 2 week stay with my husband .room was very clean more than I can say for the table cloths at breakfast ,dont think they had seen a machine since start of season.Hassan was very friendly on arrival chatting to us at breakfast time but after a couple of days told us he was not happy as we were just having breakfast and not returning ,in other words not happy we were not drinking in bar spending money,we r on holiday and like to go were we want , but we went for a drink for a few nights and he was chatty .. one morning we took a banana down to breakfast and Hssan gave us a filthy look and did not speak to us or offer us a coffee but welcomed all other guests who came in and got them drinks.Hassan did not spesk to us for the rest of our stay.. we did not get charged for air conditioning ..I would say if u like staying at your hotel for a drink it would be a good hotel

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank gbj2301

Reviewed 18 September 2013

Just got back from a week-long holiday, cannot find one fault with the hotel. All the staff were lovely and friendly and ready to help with anything - thankyou to Hassan, Cercan, Burim and the rest of the staff for making our holiday so enjoyable!
Hotel nice and clean, and rooms comfortable with good facilities.
Conveniently located a short walk from the main beach and main road to get to Marmaris Old Town and the Marina.
Would definitely return for another stay, and would recommend to other holiday makers!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Emma n
Reviewed 18 September 2013

As my usual hotel was full, and i had left things til the last minute, I needed an hotel "last-minute", so decided to take a risk and booked 6 nights here. On arrival, was told that room wasn't ready, so would i mind staying in their sister hotel a few doors down. No problem, i thought. However, after being taken to the room, was informed that i'd have to move to the original hotel next day.Initially, wasn't too pleased. Anyway, next day i moved into the Gold Kaya. To compensate for the inconvenience, the manager offered me free aircon and also a free safe-box, which more than made up for the situation. The room was very comfortable and nicely decorated. The bed was new and very comfortable and, as it is a little distant from the promenade, you don't get the noise that you have on the sea-front properties. My room was at the side of the hotel, but the balcony actually did give me a nice sea-view. The bathroom is also cosy and modern, with a nice walk-in shower. All-in-all, considering the cost, i was quite impressed and satisfied, and wouldn't hesitate in using it again. The beach is directly across the road and through a derelict space (about 50m), and a walk along the prom to the old town will take you about 20 mins, but it's a nice walk. Breakfast is a bit erratic and confusing. It's the usual Turkish buffet-style of olives, cheese, bread etc. However, there's no tea/coffee facility, as this is brought by the waiter. Would be nice if you could pour and get your own. Also the cereal is pre-put into bowls, and i saw a number of guests emptying out the cereal onto a plate in order to take the bowl. Not the hotel's fault, but if they put cereal in a big bowl for selfservice, then this mess could be avoided. The manager and staff were very friendly and helpful. A neat, unpretentious hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank vinnie57
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I was there from 30 August to 9 September. When I came a very pleasant manager Burim was weeting me and offered to relax while my room will be ready, He gave me another room and as I was so tired I could take shower and asleep for a two hours.
He was very kind and gave me all I asked him - a few plates, a cup and so on.
Thank you, Burim. ones more)
The room was very comfortable with very well bed and shower, AC was aviable without any pay, and WI FI also run in the room as well.
About the brekfast: there were bold eggs, cheese, tomato, cucambers, bread, olives, and some swits for tea or coffee, juce, And always - some melons.
But when I was depart for 4 days to Rhodes it was a one not pleasant moment..
Whem I returned I noticed that someone touched my own things! It was not they places and I saw that someone took a towels and it was dirty in the shower!!
I said to receptionist but this gay didn't understand English and he asked to a barman who was speak Engish (and better than me)).
The barman hear out me very compassionately and promised to say the manager because I was going to fly early in the morning.
And I said him that will writer about this case definetely.
Good hotel but I wouldn't to stay there again after this disagreeable case.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Darisham
Reviewed 11 September 2013

We have just spent 9 days at this hotel.The rooms are clean and stylish with a shower room,also has a nice sea view from the balcony area of your room.The staff are friendly and polite we enjoyed many a conversation with Hassan who always remembered our names and greeted us everyday. The breakfasts are Turkish style which consists of fresh bread ,boiled eggs,olives,salami style meat ,cucumber,melon and cheeses.You can also have cereal and there is a selection of jams and honey and seeded dipping buns which are great dipped in honey with your coffee.The pool is small which we used once very nice and clean.We booked a last minute get away this hotel is a great base we went to beach everyday we recommend the Demir beach area and restaurant situated to the right side of beach (from the hotel) a its not packed with people hassling you every five minutes and you have room between each sunbeds and food and staff amazing.We had barman service all day and ate lunch here too they are happy to make sure you are content all day long.Highly recommend you to eat here in the evening as well amazing steaks.Overall the hotel was a great place and we also ate here a couple of times salads are great here. Thankyou for a great stay and will recommend you to our friends and will return again in the future.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

We are currently staying at the Gold Kaya hotel on our 2 week holiday to Marmaris. We arrived on Monday 2nd September at 3/4am, there was one guy on reception who checked us in. Asked him how hot the weather had been and he didn't understand what I was saying. We made our way up to our room (303),got into our room and was so dissapointed at so small our room was. The bathroom was tiny and the massive shower head lliterally doesnt do anything because of how high it is so have to use the little handheld shower. Another thing we noticed was the room wasn't overly clean, floor is filthy, stains on bedsheets and towels. Also the tv doesnt work but not overly bothered about that. The other thing not happy about is breakfast, its a turkish breakfast which consists of ham, cheese, tomato, boiled eggs, spoonful of cereal and warm milk, some fruit. You then have to pay extra for any drinks with your breakfast!
The hotel has a pool which is at the back of the hotel, its a bit on the small side and because its shaded most of the day there is nobody in it.

There are maybe 1 or 2 good points about this hotel:
1) Seaview from our balcony- the hotel isn't right on the beach but there is wasteland right infront of the hotel so you do get a great view of the beach and right down to the marina
2) Location- 2 mins walk from the beach which is great and your literally round the corner from Point centre where all main shops and restaurants are.
3) Wi-Fi - the hotel has wireless internet. From our room on the third floor we can just about get a connection despite their being a hub box on our floor near the lift

So if your after a cheap but modern hotel for ONE week then you can't go wrong but anymore than that I'd advise looking for a slightly bigger hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank laurentium_10
Reviewed 23 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed here in July 2013 as a couple for 7 nights.
Rooms was 90% clean
Friendly stuff and best service ever , the breakfast was good,
This hotel have an excellent and best location for the beach, it take 2 minutes to the faros beach one of the best beach in Marmaris
All rooms have sea view with balcony , A/C in room available for free , wifi available in loby and in the mini restaurant / bar where all stuff have good service and smiley face and the price was too much fair .
Finally Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone that is considering coming to Marmaris for his price , location and friendly stuff

• Stayed: July 2013