“90% great experience!”

Ranked #41 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Cookstown, United Kingdom
“90% great experience!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

Stayed here last year but only getting round to a review now so here goes!
I really enjoyed my time at the hotel! Was in a great spot, not loud at night like some people on this have stated now I always got a great nights sleep so no complaints what so ever about the noise!
Iike someone else mentioned I did notice the boy (wearing a blue shirt I believe) who I assumed was an activities rep but he didn't come near me or my fiancé once during our stay but approached Turkish and Russian (only assuming) and talked to them, not that I was too bothered cause there is a place to book excursions literally round the corner! Plus that staff said no more British would be welcome, if that was true I would be very disappointed and wouldn't consider staying there again but I didn't experience any such issues, mind you hearing the accent they probably assumed I was Irish lol.
JJ I think his name was on the beach was decent enough, he brought me water and drinks when you called him over for it but he didn't constantly go round and round like people have said on this at least not when I was there! Mind you on our last day there was a family who had just checked in and gave him what looked like a massive tip and he was always keeping them refreshed put it like that. Saying that JJ is a great worker and I don't think he had any days off when I stayed there put it like that
I felt the staff left me and my fiancé to ourselves, to be honest we didn't really need anything all week we were quite happy enough to get on with what we had to do.
The lunch and dinner was decent enough I felt. Great selection but the breakfast was very very disappointing! Also ate in the a la carte restaurant twice, I got a pizza both times and enjoyed it but my fiancé got a salad one day and there where tiny little flies crawling all over it! To be fair he took it back and brought out another one but my fiancé had lost her appetite and they didn't charge for the salad in the end! The all inclusive was fantastic I thought, mind you I am a beer drinker so I didn't mind one bit, would be nice if there was a cola dispenser readily available for soft drinks instead of queuing all the time for a cola or something. Also although minor, the desserts where average enough. NO ICE CREAM! come on people! lol
Like I said if those wee niggly things are sorted out then this hotel would get a definite 100% from me!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank 4BearIV

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

The hotel is beautiful! So peaceful & relaxing! The pool wasn't overcrowded as most of the guests used the hotels beach area!

I can honestly say this is the first holiday I had been on ever and didn't have to eat out every evening! I am a vegetarian and don't eat mushrooms or fish! The food was beautiful! The chef would walk round the buffet each meal Time and show me what I could have!! And always offered to make me something if there was nothing I liked! The chefs bar staff waiters receptionists and cleaners are all a credit to this hotel! They do an excellent job and deserve so much credit for what was an amazing holiday!

Rooms are a little small but they are clean stylish and you get free wifi across the whole hotel as they have routers on each floor!!?

I will be returning to this hotel!!! And I cannot wait!!! This is an amazing place filled with amazing staff!! Thank you for an amazing holiday!!

• Stayed July 2013
5 Thank Kay120592
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed a week at the beachfront hotel. Was really good. Variety of food & open bar alday. Only downfall is no snacks available out of times. The serving times were very strict as with the bar. Staff were very good, friendly and hospitable. Perfect location with beach there, Staff serve happily and bar man was great!

Would deffo recommend as location is spot on too.

Only downside was room size but by far the best bathrooms i have seen in marmaris.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Knightzstar
Elgin, Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

Stayed here for a week in september and had a fabulous time. The hotel is clean and bright. Rooms were a little small but were good enough for 2 people for a week. Food was varied and all good. We did not eat at the hotel at night as we preferred to try other places. This was by choice an in no way reflects the food quality at the hotel. All the staff were helpful and polite. The guy on the beach was there every day from morning till night keeping things tidy and supplying drinks. Deena on reception was very helpful with a permanant smile.
Room overlooking the bay was excellent with an unobstructed view. Not too noisy at night despite the bars around.
Location could not have been better. A 15 min stroll to the harbour and fountain.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank breezer123
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

My sister and I stayed at the Beachfront Hotel for a week in October and really enjoyed it. We arrived around 6am and were greeted with friendly staff who even offered us some food and drinks upon arrival as we had been travelling all through the night. The hotel was all inclusive with a good variety of food available at various times throughout the day, and of course the free and unlimited alcohol was great for us. The rooms were nice and modern, with 2 single beds, flat screen TV, kettle, fridge, free air con and small balcony with a table and 2 chairs. Although it was a little on the small side this was not a problem at all for us as we were hardly in it. The rooms were cleaned every day and we got fresh towels every day too which was an unexpected bonus. In the bathroom we had a good pressure shower and water was always hot enough - we never experienced any of the problems mentioned by some other reviewers. The hotel provided us with beach towels for a small deposit which you get back when you give the towels back - these can be changed for fresh ones as often as you require. The beach being directly opposite from the hotel was amazing, as we didn't have to go too far to relax and could still get our all inclusive drinks from the hotel during the day if we wanted. JJ the hotel waiter who served drinks on the beach absolutely made our holiday - really friendly, funny and genuine guy who couldn't do enough to help us. We miss him!! The hotel also had a pool which we visited only once, as the we much preferred to be on the beach during the day. There was live entertainment 2 of the nights were were there - a young Turkish guy playing acoustic guitar and singing English pop songs / ballads. The location of the hotel was excellent as were were near loads of bars and restaurants, without living in amongst the late night bars and clubs on bar street in the old town. The Yunus bar next door was cool and modern, they don't hassle you to come in, and often had live Turkish music on so there was a great atmosphere here; and Turtle Bar just up the street was where all the younger holiday makers went to drink/party before going to Bar Street around 12am. There was also a small supermarket on the corner from the hotel to get any groceries/newspapers etc. We had a fantastic holiday here - lovely hotel, lovely staff and really nice area. Sad to be home!

Room Tip: Our room was at the left side facing onto the karaoke bar - would have been nice to be either on th...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Anne G
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

The hotel was clean and tasteful, the staff were lovely especially Deena and the food was good. The views of the bay and having the private beach a few steps from the hotel was fantastic. The rooms are a little on the small side but look good and like the rest of the hotel very clean. There is plenty to do and we had a great holiday and will definitely go back again. Karen . Manchester

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Karen F
Doncaster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

Just back from a week at the beachfront hotel marmaris. Overall a great time was had at this clean and new looking hotel. The hotel is on an all inclusive basis with the food of a good quality and always something to eat even for a fussy eater such as myself. As as been said the rooms are modern and a little small but very functional with fridge, kettle and flat screen tv which had 4 english speaking channels. The shower pressure was good but it did lack hot water several times it was just warm. The staff were all really good with mention to deena on reception who worked tirelessly and seemed to be there all the time. A big well done and thank you to everyone for an enjoyable holiday.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple