“Best ever”

Green Nature Resort & Spa
Ranked #32 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed 9 January 2013

It was the best holiday ever. However shop and prices reasonable, however drive down the price as much as you can. Food and staff worked extremely hard though we did have an earthquake. I would go again

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank MichaelDGilmore

Reviewed 6 January 2013

We went in a group of 5 lads and 3 friends stayed next door at grand plaza, green nature was an awful resort! we arrived and the turkish lad who took our backs and showed us to our room was trying to make some money on the side by selling us an unmensional substance, when we got to the rooms the air con didnt work! so we was fumming balcony door backed onto upstairs outdoor bar and our balcony door didnt work!!!!!! witch as you can image a massive problem!!! told reception and a lad came up to the room clamied he had fixed it still didnt work! so we left it worked out quite well tbh on nights out if one had gone in early as only we got 1 key we could climb over from the bar and get in quite worrying with our money in their tho, first night we went out to find our selfs in the middle of an galatasary riot (because they won the league) and found it like a war zone turks shouting abuse at us a group of about 30 mopeds on the pavements came towards us spitting at us and then we got further down and saw a flare (no police anywhere) at this point there was no other tourists about we decided to turn back and then we ran for it back to the hotel we feared our lifes although a waiter in the bar told us they wouldnt hurt us we didnt we wernt willing to take the risk after what happened to leeds and arsenal football supporters in istanbul,onto the hotel the food was poor kebab they cooked wasnt cooked it was pink! got a bite of a cat and ate elsewhere theyre was a club in the hotel called underground with about 10 staff and 2 customers open to 6 every night!!! the place is a turkish version of blackpool the beach is horrible and was offered unmensionable products by at least 5 members of the staff. Nightlife in bar street wasnt to bad but its an 1 hour or even more walk!!

Room Tip: Ask for the new build not old!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank Stu C
Reviewed 5 January 2013

We were not in the hotel we were in 4* hotel block after paying for 5*.

The rooms were clean but very small as we're the balconies.

The pool areas are great, plenty of sun loungers.

We only ever ate lunch as part of the all inclusive. Bfast didn't look great and for £2 in terrace bar I wud rather go up there, very nice and free wifi.

Lunch included plenty of choice pizza burgers salad chips kebabs pasta rice etc.

Never even looked to see what they did for tea as it so cheap to eat out along the beach. Definitely recommend trying samdan restaurant food is brill and the service is fantastic.

The drinks around the pool, I have seen people sayin that it was limited to 2 per person but we never had any bother. One problem is they don't serve drinks til 10/11am but the my boyfriend got the waiters some bread and ham and from then on they couldn't do enough to help always bringing us drinks no matter what time.

The hotel is rated 5*, I wouldn't slate it but I would expect more from 5*!!

Would defo go back tho

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Nicola A
Reviewed 21 December 2012

Been to this hotel many times and will go back many times more. I have even recommended it to friends who have sayed that they liked it and are going back again. what more can I say. The terrace bar is good and friendly although not all inclusive. There is lots to do and the gym is great, The cleaners are in everyday. their is a free bus to icelmar beach and brothers bar and the staff are excellent, They can not do enough for you. good place to go snorkelling.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Ingrid T
Reviewed 13 December 2012

Stayed here for 2 weeks! great location! Large complex with lots to do. Slides are fantastic, mini waterpark at your doorstep everyday! Pools also great, if you didn't want to go to the main one beside the slides there is another. Staff are so nice, helpful and pleasant! they cant do enough for you!

I would say the food is ok, its tasty enough, only downside is it is a little repetitive!

My favourite person was Suleyman Balci who runs the hair salon in the hotel. He is very friendly helpful and honest! He gave me hair extensions which I love so much. He took his time to show me other peoples before and after photos and their testimonials. He looked after me during my appointment, sent his staff to fill up my glass as I relaxed. My daughter had the braids,which were beautiful! the kept coming out as she was never out the water, Suleyman re done them everytime for free and the day before we left he re done them all for her going home! My husband had the shave which he loved too!! I will be back next year to visit him again! My own hairdresser said they were the best extensions she had ever seen.

The spa is also fabulous! The staff are so friendly and treat you well! I had the turkish bath and my daughter had the chocolate bath. you can pay cheaper outside but I would rather pay the extra for privacy!

The staff in all the amenities never forget your face and always talk to you and make you feel welcome!

The food and rooms may not be outstanding but the staff and facilities make up for it!

Looking forward to going back again!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
18  Thank Gillian440
Reviewed 6 December 2012

We were a family of 9 and stayed here for 2 weeks in September. On arrival, the hotel looked lovely and clean, staff were there to help carry our luggage and check-in was quick. We were stopping in the older bit of the hotel which is about a 5 minute walk from reception. It was around 3am so the plan was to just go straight to bed, however there was no cover for the bed just something looking like a towel to share between me and my partner, we was so tired though so we just fell straight to sleep, for the rest of our stay we had a 'towel' looking thing each. Around 9am the next morning, I woke and went to the bathroom to find it flooded, i went straight to reception to report the problem and she said it was our fault because of the shower, we hadn't even touched the shower yet, we had only been there 6 hours and had been asleep, she said someone would come and fix it straight away. Around 2pm I went to the room to find nobody had been so went back to reception and she said she had sent someone else, when i went back to the room about 5pm it had been fixed however around half an hour later I had just got out the shower and another workman came in saying it was broke again and it must be fixed, he didn't ask if it was ok to come in and look and I was just left standing in my towel. The pool area was nice although wasps were around you most of the time, a few of the children did get stung which was a shame. The slides were lots of fun and great for the kids. The breakfast wasn't the best, It's ok if you like random tropical fruits or cold crunchy baked beans and one day there were cold chips, chips for breakfast, eurgh! We ate down the road at Diana bar most of the time for breakfast, it was cheap and staff were friendly. Lunch was nice, there was normally pasta, spagetti, pizza, burgers and a choice of salad, there was more choice in the main restuarant but we just stuck to the snack bar because it was nearer us. Tea was ok, ate out probably half the holiday. Some nights the food was varied and nice however one night i remember having just pitta bread, mash potato and chips, which isn't a meal and I'm not a fussy eater. Drinks were average, you could only get 2 at a time and there was a range of Fizzy drinks and alcoholic drinks to have. There was free wi-fi in the reception area and there was comfy seats which overlooked the pool area with a lovely view. The location of the hotel was good, it was about a 10 minute walk from the beach and there was some nice shops and bars around the area. I definitley recommend going into the centre of Marmaris, it has a great bazaar, get your haggling heads on haha! My overall holiday was good, I wouldn't go back to this hotel but Marmaris is a nice place as I have been a few times before. I probably wouldn't go All Inclusive if I went back to Marmaris again just because it is quite cheap to eat out! I'm never normally as picky as I have been in this review but I really felt like the negative needed mentioning because we spent a lot of money to come here and I don't want anyone to be disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
9  Thank BeccaxDx
Reviewed 5 December 2012

Stayed in the Green Nature Resort and Spa in October for 11 nights. Lovely hotel, very clean, friendly staff and helpful if you have any questions. Rooms are basic, clean and spacious.
You are a 5 to 10 minute walk to the beach and shops. There is a free bus to Icelmar beach where they have a small area of the beach. Also they will provide transport to the aqua park if you ask reception.
Food was nice, couldn't complain, plenty to choose from every night. Plenty of drinks to choose from, the barmen would make cocktails if you asked too.
There was also a restaurant /bar (think it was maybe called Terrace Bar) in the hotel you paid for food and drinks in it. We ate there a few times for lunch as we were wanting a change from the buffet style and would recommend it, the food was lovely and not expensive.
Wasn't sure before going whether we would like Marmaris but we did, we went on loads of trips from Jeep Safari, Meeting Dolphins, Pamukkale, day trip to rhodes, Cleopatra island and Turtle beach/mud baths. We like to do lots of things and you were spoilt for choice here and trips were very cheap. I would shop about for trips before booking with your rep as you can get them a lot cheaper on the stalls on the street and the people are lovely and trustworthy.
Would return to this hotel if we were going back to marmaris

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple