We stayed as a family for 8 nights from the 5th of April. No big complaints or anything but this stay was what could be the definition of ‘average’.
PROPERTY AND STAY: When we landed late at night, the reception staff could not find the booking done through Thomas Cook. But the duty manager was kind enough to immediately put us at ease – ‘Go have some soup and snacks while we sort this out’ – and as we came back, everything was indeed sorted out. Nice guy, hope more were like him.
FOOD AND DRINKS: Food was average, sort of repetitive and except for some interesting decorative pieces, above average. Local drinks were included and except for the Raki (the delicious local drink), it was as usual watered down.
SERVICES: Most of the staff were just doing stuff as defined in the job description. No smiles no greetings, even the initiated greetings were responded with a semi-smile or a mutter. Ah Quality Standards, where are you leading us to…
ANIMATION TEAM: For the first five nights there was bingo, bingo, bingo, karaoke and bingo. We started wondering if we have really landed in “The Best Marigold Hotel for the Elderly and Beautiful”. Sixth night there was a supposedly comedy show. When you have an international audience, racial bits like Japanese committing hara-kiri is NOT in good taste – and the other ‘drag’ acts were also drab. The only people laughing were the animation team. But a 5-min performance by a break dance group made the evening worthwhile. Next night there was a dance show by the animation team ‘Grease’ – with very good dancing by 4 boys and 2 girls and half a dozen others going through motions. The biggest obstacle for them was since this was beginning of the season, they could not use the open-air amphitheatre so they had to perform in a ‘meeting room’ without a stage or even a curtain. The audience were also noisy and unruly. But there was a sparkle of talent and that felt good. The last evening was again bingo. Wasn’t there supposed to be a ‘Turkish’ night once a week?
SPA: Passable and reasonably priced (compared to prices in UK). There was just one female therapist and a couple of male ones. They were ok.
TIPS AND SUGGESTIONS:
1. Marmaris has some SPECTACULAR sea views and locations. But to clarify, if you have seen the advertisements on London transport (sample uploaded) and thinking of a sandy beach with a background of a hillock, this is not that place. Beach is 30-50 feet of gravel between the water and shore. For every 100 sqft of seafront there are 727000 sqft of Beach resorts. Every second restaurant on the main street offers English breakfast, Bradford curries and football on TV. If you are the type that does not want to miss your football, fish and chips and bingo, this is a dream come true. Otherwise…
2. There are some great locations near by – Icmeler, Dalyan, Turtle Beach etc. – and there are pretty decent daily tours. We enjoyed every trip we took. The beach front promenade from Marmaris town to Icmeler (little over 10 km) is brilliant and the walk offers some very unique and spectacular views.
3. The property is bang in the middle of a residential area on three sides. The sea view they talk about from the room is more a sea glimpse.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Green Nature Resort offers more than 630 rooms with a capacity of a total of 1419 beds. From this 265 rooms are in the annex and 365 rooms in the Resort. The annex offers more than 220 standard rooms, 30 family rooms as well as other 15 Triple room. In the Resort offering our guests 239 standard rooms, 20 family rooms (2 bathrooms), 20 family rooms (1 bathroom), 26 suites, 68 Triple rooms as well as 2 rooms suitable for the handicapped. The rooms are comfortable and modern equipped. All of our rooms include bathroom, air-conditioning, phone, rent strongbox, minibar, hairdryer, satellite TV, fire alarm system. Annex rooms equipped with shower room instead of bathroom. Our family-friendly rooms offer two separate rooms. If requested a baby bed is also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Travel Republic (UK), Onthebeach, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Green Nature Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Green Nature Hotel Armutalan
- Green Nature Resort And Spa
- Club Green Nature
- Green Nature Marmaris