“Good despite the weather!”

Green Nature Resort & Spa
Ranked #30 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

We travelled to the Green Nature resort on the 22 nd April for two weeks, we were a party of 8, four adults and four kids.

The start of the holiday was great, the staff at the hotel are for the most part friendly and approachable, our one bad experience was check in as the staff were on the phone more than available to book you in. But.the bar staff waiters and cleaners were great.

The room we had was introduced the Annex were the snack bar is is below, I enjoyed it there even though the down side was no bath and a daughter, 3, who hated showers. Luckily the other family had a family room in the.main building with a bath we could borrow, and these rooms were spacious and nice.

We all ate everyday with the exception of breakfast, as this.was pretty bland and unexciting, lunch and tea were the usual repetitive choices but there was still plenty to eat, and you can go terrace bar to buy certain other foods which we enjoyed. The guys at the.terrace bar are friendly and accommodating even given one of our lot a tab, very trusting!

The.is plenty of space in the pools as there are three in total plus a number if kids pools and we never struggled for a sunbed once, but can imaging this.will be harder in July and August.

The.entertainment team are a wacky bunch and JR 's what's up face will have u in stitches laughing, Coco was friendly also and thought his sketch in drag was funny!

We were unlucky and a couple days of bad weather which made it difficult to do much, we used.this.time to.shop.

Couple of special mentions to Alex and Ali, who worked around the site, Alex was always in the ampi bar and was very accommodating and helpful everynight. Never forgot a order and ensured we were well looked after, whilst Ali always seems to hae a smile.on his.face and would make all our children's days and they would chase him and play! Two good lads!

Overall a really good holiday in a good hotel, yes it isn't luxury, but for what the.price is.you more than get what it's worth, only a more friendlier welcome on day one and increased hot plate.options would have improved it. Overall a good place to visit and definitely a place to keep in mind again!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Cliff B
There are newer reviews for Green Nature Resort & Spa

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Having read the recent views I was a little unsure of what to expect when I went for a week all inclusive at the end of April. Have to say I can see where a lot of the negative comments come from, however I do not think this hotel deserves the slating some guests have given it. Starting with the negatives for me this was the food, in particular dinner- whilst I accept that the hotel is catering for well over a thousand people the quality was very poor, as was the choice of hot food at dinner. Out of seven nights I ate elsewhere for three of them........breakfast and lunch were OK, plenty of choice but majority of food tasteless and bland. As for the accommodation after reading the reviews I asked for a room within the main hotel building and got a room on the first floor hoverlooking the forest. I will agree the room was not 5 star, and the decor was a little dated but it was clean and spacious as was the bathroom. The maid came every day and gave me clean towels so I cannot fault this, was more than adequate. Noise was there were quite a lot of kids surrounding who made quite a lot of noise in the mornings but that is not the hotels fault and thankfully I was always awake by the time the noise started. Reception staff whilst they did not smile they vwere always polite and helpful so again no complaints there. Bar staff friendly, very efficient and did a good job. Entertainment team great, so friendly, really created as good atmosphere around the pool so well done to them. Finally the hotel facilities were great - I booked a 5 massage package and have to give top marks to Alfie who worked wonders on my back, I also made a trip to the hairdresser who also did a great job. Yes I might have got these cheaper had I gone outwith the hotel but got a great service on the doorstep so for me that was worth paying a little extra. Slides were also open daily when I was there, great for the kids.
So overall I would agree this I'd definitely not British 5 star hotel, however I'd rate it a damn good 3, if not 4 star even taking into account the bad food as I think the facilities are fantastic. Would have no hesitation in going back here as had a fabulous week.

Room Tip: My room backed on to the forest so not much of a view but very quiet at night.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank SAM3376
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Nice hotel for the family hoilday can be a bit noisy when the free drinks end at midnight but otherwise great for the children. The food was great with plenty to choose from and some thing is available all day long so expect to put on a few pounds, we did. As it is a large hotel it gets very busy as you might expect. The pool is unheated but this did not put us off. Plenty of trips to choose from, get the lowest price you can from one of the many street side offices then get your own hotel courior to match that price, Get your shower or bath in early as the water gets colder towards 8.30 to 9am. There are no plugs for the sink and this is quite normal. If anything is not right the staff are very friendly and accomodating. So have lovely holiday we did.

Room Tip: Away from the pool side if you want it not to noisy and not the top floor if you have children the l...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Malcolm T
Reviewed 7 May 2014

The hotel is great located, with enormous swimming pools, funny animation!
The rooms are cozy and spacious.
The personnel is kind, everybody helps you.
I liked mostly the animation team - they are around 10 boys and are just perfect animators. Always smiling, laughing and doing all them best to make your holiday even better.
Everything was just great.
Tank you guys!!!

Room Tip: A room with pool view ;)
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Petia K
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Booked holiday to turkey and to stay at the green nature hotel and spa. After reading the reviews, I tried changing hotels but couldn't. Anyway, with moderate expectations me and my wife with our 2 kids 5 and 3, went, and had a fantastic time.
Although the hotel is more like 3.5 star, our experience was good, rooms cleaned each morning with fresh bedding and towels.
Good was average but a good variety every day. Juices where just pure strong squash, I always added water.
Was reluctant to try the health spa after reading previous reviews, but I managed to see iza the guy who was mentioned in the bad reviews. But from my experience they where all great, gave me and my wife great deal and the spa treatment was 5 star. Highly recommended the full spa treatment.
Over all hotel is More family orientated. Just be careful they seem to love £, they might as well change to £, they always price everything in pounds. Would say though apart from the spa, turkey marmaris is a total RIP OFF! Oh yeah local beach which supposed to be 500meters away seems like a mile away.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Yasin1127
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

This was the first we had visited Turkey and definitely not hesitate to go back . We went on 5th April 2014 for a 7 night stay all inclusive. The Green Nature Resort and Spa was excellent value for money especially the spa ( you must try it ) After reading many negative comments about this hotel I was surprised how good it really was. The staff were pleasant and helpful , the rooms were cleaned daily and the food was good always something everyone liked . The trips out with the Hotel were also value for money we went on the jeep safari ( expect to get wet ) and the quads . We were limited to how many trips we went on as we were only there for 7 days. We took a Taxi into the centre of Marmaris for retail therapy and to eat out . Cheap to eat out and amazing food ! Well done Green Nature for a great holiday we will be back :)

Stayed: April 2014
5  Thank Anne W
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Good things about the hotel:
Food excellent
Very clean
Close to beautiful Marmaris

Bad things about the hotel:
Rooms definitely not 5 star clean but very basic
Not close to any beach
Entertainment amateurish

If you are not a drinker and don't want to sit around in the bar at night, not much to do. Ended up travelling into Marmaris which needs a taxi (expensive) or local bus

Loved Marmaris and hotel good value but rating needs to be amended.
They should also make it clear that the beach is not close by - a big negative for me.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family