“hmmm”

Ranked #76 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“hmmm”
Reviewed 18 July 2012

i booked this hotel for two weeks for me and my daughter (15) the staff are all very friendly a polite some a bit too friendly towards my daughter and the manager on duty said we have to remeber that we are in a foreign country, was a good job my husband was not there, also for a four star hotel that adverises as a family resort they should have a wider selection of food and cater for diffrent contenants for example they had salami for german but nothing for scottish/english, all my daughter ate was rice so it was a waste of time paying for all inclusive when we had to eat out most night, this hotel was fabulous though, staff were very friendly, rooms were emaculate the three issues i had was though were 1. the entertainment was poor, 2. this is not a four star hotel and should not be advertised as a family resort it should be advertied to couples or older people because there is nothing for the kids to do 3. the food they should have had a wider selection of food availible. apart from that we really enjoyed it maybe next time, my husband and i will go to the kaya maris. as a couple i would definatley stay here again, MORE FOOD SELECTION THOUGH PLEASEE!!!! ( and maybe a chute for the kids)

Room Tip: Sea-View rooms, the view was breath taking from the balcony i got
2 Thank meganr1997

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Lowestoft, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2012

My husband and I spent 2 weeks at the KayaMaris and there wasn't anything to complain about. Room 115 was spotless, everything worked, bed was changed frequently and even though it wasn't necessary the towels were changed every day. There were a few things that could have been improved on - bar closing at 11pm for one and the promised mini bars being empty. Arriving at 2.30am meant that there was no food or drink available unless we bought it at the excellent little shop run by Ali and co which was open 24 hours. Food was reasonable and plentiful but wouldn't have been to everyone's liking no matter what was put on each day. I don't believe that the hotel is really 4* but it is certainly a good 3 and could make 4 if a little more attention was paid such as extra staff behind the bar and drinks being available self serve from the terrace. Pool towels available from 8am would stop towels being put out at 5.30 and 6am to reserve the best spots as there isn't sufficient room for more sunloungers around the pool which is also quite slippery and I saw quite a few people (me included) slip over. We had a great time, the staff were really nice, expecially the night receptionist who was in duty for what seemed like days.
If you get the chance, go to the Hammam and have a massage. This seems expensive compared to public ones but you really will get individual attention and the medical massage is fantastic - worth every penny

Room Tip: Rooms on the 4th floor have carpet and seem nicer than floor 1 however fllor 1 has the larger balcon...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GreyLady_11
Stafford, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Travelling as a young couple in our 20's we found this hotel to be of a good standard, very clean and the staff worked very hard and go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable and are quick to respond to any problems/enquiries.

We arrived after midnight on our first night, the young man behind the reception was helpful, carrying our bags to our room for us and helping us to settle in as quickly as possible. I was initially disappointed as I had booked a double room through our travel agent but to be fair I was advised by the operator that all bedrooms are twin unless it's a family room and this was what we got when we arrived. I pointed out that we wanted a double and our beds were pushed together. A few days later the maid put a double sheet around our bed but we did have seperate covers still. We managed to find our own way around this though so it wasn't a big deal.

Our room was small, on the first floor and at the front of the hotel, which initially also disappointed us but it is quiet there, as it gets quite loud by the pool at night and first thing in the morning so I was pleased about this a few days in. Also, who spends much time in there room all holiday anyway???

The Hotel is in an excellent position, not too close to the main centre of Marmaris but close enough that it's walk able if you want the hustle and bustle and nightlife that it has to offer, so it was perfect for us.

This is an all-inclusive hotel and considering me and my boyfriend are quite fussy eaters we always managed to find something to eat. It is mostly traditional turkish food with a mixture of some other options to cater for all other cultures (pizza, lasagne, meatballs, spaghetti, chips etc). People on here have complained about the food, all I can say is they must have expected English food. If this is the case then stay in England, you can't go to a foreign country and expect them to provide a full English menu, quite frankly I think that's quite rude.

We booked all inclusive mainly for the free drinks not the food, why go on holiday and not explore the resort, staying only at the hotel? So we would eat at the hotel for 1 of the meals each day and eat out for the other, there are lots of wonderful places to eat and drink all at reasonable prices. We would then make the most of the free alcohol at the bar before exploring what the bars on the promenade and along the main strip had to offer.

The Hotel also has a shop which is open 24/7 and sells EVERYTHING. The prices are reasonable and every time we required something, including washing powder, they had it. So it was very convenient.

Kaya Maris in my opinion is a very good hotel, caters for all nationalities, the stay is enjoyable and is fantastic value for money. It's prime location means it's not too quiet, not too noisy and walk able for exploring all Marmaris has to offer.

Thank You to the staff for contributing to making our holiday one to remember.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the hotel are quite as they are on a 'back road' but if it's a vie...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Victoria C
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2012

It's my second time here, and i love this lovely paradise Marmaris!
Very nice to see the same stuff, we had a great welcome. Marmaris was even bussiier this time of the year! OHH very hot! But no complain after the rain..
I highly recommend a medical full body massage. I suffered on a spasm, ı could hardly move, and only after two massages the problem had practically disappeared. Massage solved all the problem!
These people are the best we've ever been to and are truly concerned about your health + welfare.

Thank you!! Will be back again!

Room Tip: You should definitely get a massage!!
2 Thank missbeauty
Weston-super-Mare, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2012

just got back from kayamris hotel in marmaris .. and it was amazing !!
the staff were so friendly and were always helpful !
the food was brilliant and there was always something for everyone to eat
the room was very nice and always really clean!
i went with my mum and dad and they are already planning to go back next may with all of the family!
i definitly reccomend this hotel as it was brilliant!

1 Thank Tayla-Jane
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Went expecting a lot less. Hotel was great clean modern rooms. Air con included to cold at times. Drinks not watered down or rationed. Not lots of choice on food but mostly gd what was there. And staff cry obliging. Would defo go back great holiday .

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Dawnnii
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Just back from Kayamaris Hotel with my partner and 12 year old son. The hotel is exceptionally clean with lovely staff. We arrived at the hotel on the 27th June and was greeted by Joseph who was brilliant throughout our whole stay at the Kayamaris. Because we were at the tail end of June I found the hotel catered for the likes of Germans, French and Turkish which the hotel was full of. However there was always something to eat and come the second week the meals did improve. But I would recommend eating out as it's not too expensive and we needed a change of scenery. There is only a couple of faults that I do think people would need to consider if your thinking of booking this hotel. BEWARE of the lifts especially if you have kids as they do tend to brake down and my son got stuck in one, all be it they where quick to respond but still a frighting experience. Then it happened to quite a few people after that so we opted for the stairs, just to be safe. Also try and request from the 3rd floor up and a sea view (5th being the best view ever). Especially if you have children as the hotel on the other side is quiet noisy at night time. At please note the bar only stays open until 12 midnight on the arrival of new guests. Any other night it shuts at 11. The worse thing about the hotel is the alcohol is disgusting. We have been a few all inclusive holidays before so we know its always there own brand drink. And it's normally fine but I have to say I wasn't too impressed and opted to buy wine from the hotels shop. But I did see some people drink their beer and vodka so I suppose it's a required taste. Also beware of the key card to your room. They can be a bit tricky and if you put the card in to far they will snap (this happened to me) and you will get charged for a new one. The last thing I want to mention is the sunbeds. There is not enough of them when the hotel is full and it's a fight to get one. But we got fly to it when we seen a of people putting them down when coming in from a night out, so we started doing the same. The hotel has notices up stating if there's towels left for any period of time they will lift them. But they don't so be up early or just put them down at night. We went out most nights as the entertainment is on a Tuesday night and Friday night for half an hour and to be very honest is terrible. So we made our own entertainment and met lovely people so it wasn't a problem for us but one to bare in mind.

Room Tip: 3rd,4th and 5th floor with sea view is the best rooms
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family