“Great stay at Kayamaris”
Review of Kayamaris Hotel

Kayamaris Hotel
Ranked #72 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Had a great weeks stay at the Kayamaris hotel, from 4th July - 11th. Was slightly worried with the bad reviews which have been written about this hotel but I don't know what everyone is complaining about? The rooms are spotless, and cleaned everyday with clean towels and have great views from the balcony. The food was alright not as bad as what most people have made out to be, I don't know what most people expect from a hotel in a different country as they are not just going to serve traditional English food as most people are obviously forgetting they are in Turkey!
The pool area was kept very clean and the pool bar was great, the drinks included local beer, wines, and a few spirits so what more could you want. You did have to go down early to get a sun bed by the pool but this is the same as every other hotel you would go to. The rooms all have air conditioning in so you keep cool at night as the weather while I visited was rather hot, the temperatures ranged from about 28 at night to 45 in the day so yes very hot!
The staff are all very friendly, especially the guys on the bar who would have a laugh with our group every night.
I would recommend this hotel as it has a central location its not even a 2 minute walk to the beach and then on the other side of the hotel is the main street which the buses are constantly going up and down which are very reasonable.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank DanG22

Reviewed 1 August 2012

my partner and i went to the kaya maris for 1 week on the 23july.The hotel is in an excellent location near the beach at the quieter end away from the main centre.Dolmus into the centre is only 2 lira each so this was not a problem,but if you prefer to walk it will take approx 25 mins.The rooms are clean and basic,towels changed daily,beds made up daily.Staff friendly,drinks on the all inclusive very limited and seemed watered down,food average but the local resteraunts nearby of good quality especially the sandam where the steaks are excellent and of good value for your money and if you fancy an english breakfast they do a mean one.all in all its worth a visit.

Room Tip: great views from the higher floors
3  Thank andrew r
Reviewed 26 July 2012

I stayed here with 3 mates for a week in june this year! Was a fairly cheap hol but I would definateley say this hotel couldnt be a "4 star".
The food was disgusting! most of the food was either stale tasting or didnt have labels on.. So being a vegetarian wasnt very helpful! There wasnt a great range for us brits to eat! We had rice and sweetcorn for the first few nights! Then ate out for the rest of the week!
The night time entertainment was shocking And the bar closes at half 11! We were also treated abit like children, having our drinks in plastic cups!
On the last night our male friend from another hotel wanted to say goodbye to us all in the lobby.. But all the staff were very aggressive towards him n hushed him out.. Even brought out some metal truncheons!? Surely not right! ..
Aircon worked but i caught an awful cold from it!
Only good thing about the hotel was the fact that the room was cleaned everyday with clean towels!
Would not stay here again thats for sure!

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 18 July 2012

i booked this hotel for two weeks for me and my daughter (15) the staff are all very friendly a polite some a bit too friendly towards my daughter and the manager on duty said we have to remeber that we are in a foreign country, was a good job my husband was not there, also for a four star hotel that adverises as a family resort they should have a wider selection of food and cater for diffrent contenants for example they had salami for german but nothing for scottish/english, all my daughter ate was rice so it was a waste of time paying for all inclusive when we had to eat out most night, this hotel was fabulous though, staff were very friendly, rooms were emaculate the three issues i had was though were 1. the entertainment was poor, 2. this is not a four star hotel and should not be advertised as a family resort it should be advertied to couples or older people because there is nothing for the kids to do 3. the food they should have had a wider selection of food availible. apart from that we really enjoyed it maybe next time, my husband and i will go to the kaya maris. as a couple i would definatley stay here again, MORE FOOD SELECTION THOUGH PLEASEE!!!! ( and maybe a chute for the kids)

Room Tip: Sea-View rooms, the view was breath taking from the balcony i got
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank meganr1997
Reviewed 17 July 2012

My husband and I spent 2 weeks at the KayaMaris and there wasn't anything to complain about. Room 115 was spotless, everything worked, bed was changed frequently and even though it wasn't necessary the towels were changed every day. There were a few things that could have been improved on - bar closing at 11pm for one and the promised mini bars being empty. Arriving at 2.30am meant that there was no food or drink available unless we bought it at the excellent little shop run by Ali and co which was open 24 hours. Food was reasonable and plentiful but wouldn't have been to everyone's liking no matter what was put on each day. I don't believe that the hotel is really 4* but it is certainly a good 3 and could make 4 if a little more attention was paid such as extra staff behind the bar and drinks being available self serve from the terrace. Pool towels available from 8am would stop towels being put out at 5.30 and 6am to reserve the best spots as there isn't sufficient room for more sunloungers around the pool which is also quite slippery and I saw quite a few people (me included) slip over. We had a great time, the staff were really nice, expecially the night receptionist who was in duty for what seemed like days.
If you get the chance, go to the Hammam and have a massage. This seems expensive compared to public ones but you really will get individual attention and the medical massage is fantastic - worth every penny

Room Tip: Rooms on the 4th floor have carpet and seem nicer than floor 1 however fllor 1 has the larger balcon...
1  Thank GreyLady_11
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Travelling as a young couple in our 20's we found this hotel to be of a good standard, very clean and the staff worked very hard and go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable and are quick to respond to any problems/enquiries.

We arrived after midnight on our first night, the young man behind the reception was helpful, carrying our bags to our room for us and helping us to settle in as quickly as possible. I was initially disappointed as I had booked a double room through our travel agent but to be fair I was advised by the operator that all bedrooms are twin unless it's a family room and this was what we got when we arrived. I pointed out that we wanted a double and our beds were pushed together. A few days later the maid put a double sheet around our bed but we did have seperate covers still. We managed to find our own way around this though so it wasn't a big deal.

Our room was small, on the first floor and at the front of the hotel, which initially also disappointed us but it is quiet there, as it gets quite loud by the pool at night and first thing in the morning so I was pleased about this a few days in. Also, who spends much time in there room all holiday anyway???

The Hotel is in an excellent position, not too close to the main centre of Marmaris but close enough that it's walk able if you want the hustle and bustle and nightlife that it has to offer, so it was perfect for us.

This is an all-inclusive hotel and considering me and my boyfriend are quite fussy eaters we always managed to find something to eat. It is mostly traditional turkish food with a mixture of some other options to cater for all other cultures (pizza, lasagne, meatballs, spaghetti, chips etc). People on here have complained about the food, all I can say is they must have expected English food. If this is the case then stay in England, you can't go to a foreign country and expect them to provide a full English menu, quite frankly I think that's quite rude.

We booked all inclusive mainly for the free drinks not the food, why go on holiday and not explore the resort, staying only at the hotel? So we would eat at the hotel for 1 of the meals each day and eat out for the other, there are lots of wonderful places to eat and drink all at reasonable prices. We would then make the most of the free alcohol at the bar before exploring what the bars on the promenade and along the main strip had to offer.

The Hotel also has a shop which is open 24/7 and sells EVERYTHING. The prices are reasonable and every time we required something, including washing powder, they had it. So it was very convenient.

Kaya Maris in my opinion is a very good hotel, caters for all nationalities, the stay is enjoyable and is fantastic value for money. It's prime location means it's not too quiet, not too noisy and walk able for exploring all Marmaris has to offer.

Thank You to the staff for contributing to making our holiday one to remember.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the hotel are quite as they are on a 'back road' but if it's a vie...
7  Thank Vikarooroo
Reviewed 14 July 2012

It's my second time here, and i love this lovely paradise Marmaris!
Very nice to see the same stuff, we had a great welcome. Marmaris was even bussiier this time of the year! OHH very hot! But no complain after the rain..
I highly recommend a medical full body massage. I suffered on a spasm, ı could hardly move, and only after two massages the problem had practically disappeared. Massage solved all the problem!
These people are the best we've ever been to and are truly concerned about your health + welfare.

Thank you!! Will be back again!

Room Tip: You should definitely get a massage!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family