“The hotel”
Review of Kayamaris Hotel

Kayamaris Hotel
Ranked #72 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Came here with friends back in June 2014. It was my first time in Turkey and didn't quite know what to expect.
The hotel was very welcoming from the start and the staff where very helpful & friendly too. We had a totally relaxing 2 weeks and I would definitely recommend it to everyone.
The kul brothers that work the bar & restaurant where a great bunch of guys and made are every needs with no fuss what so ever!
We will definitely return one day!!

Stayed: July 2014
6  Thank Scott H

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Stayed there 10days in July!clean rooms towels changed regularly,staff friendly!Food was not good?Flies over all food,After paying all inclusive we ate out most of time.would nt go back to that hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Laverne R
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Stayed here for 2 weeks , in the restarant there where flys everywhere so we only went for the fresh food, there was no entertainment at night a few people came off the street at night, which younhad to give tips, nothing for children at all, they charged you 11 pound each to keep your room on but it was only till 4 oclock never go there again

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank st0ke_0n_trent
Reviewed 14 July 2014

After finding this hotel last year in october ive been going back since, with my family and friends. Love the hotel and staff are so friendly. Going to go and book again soon to go back there in october this year :) its cheap and really nice

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Luke B
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

I've just got back from another stay at Kayamaris hotel and i loved the hotel. Its defiantly the best hotel i have stayed in in Marmaris and i will stay here everytime i go to Marmaris in the future!!

One of the reasons i love the hotel is the friendly staff that work there, they are all so friendly and make the holiday great. Special mention for Ersin and Hikmet who work in the restaurant they are great friends and remember me from my last visit.

Will defiantly be back to Kayamaris hotel next time i go to Marmaris, hopefully in October!!! See you soon :)

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank CarlBowles
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I Stayed in this hotel very recently and would highly recommend it to anyone. Hotel was a 5 minute walk to the beach ,if that! Bar and restaurant staff were always smiling and laughing causing a good atmosphere. Rooms are cleaned every day. The food was also nice , something for everyone each night!

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Kaitlim
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Me and my boyfriend stayed in this hotel between 26/6 to the 10/7.
When we first arrived at the hotel it was 4am and we were shown to our room. I immediately walked out of it. I don't consider myself an extremely fussy person, i have stayed in some really bad hotels before but as soon as i walked in i saw a twin room- not a double as we had requested, a cupboard hanging off the wall, a dead cockroach right in the middle of the balcony which was covered in trees - not the sea view we had paid extra for, and the two low sunken old beds i thought - no. I had been travelling for quite a while that day along with my boyfriend and this is not what we had in mind upon arriving at the hotel.
I immediately went straight to reception and informed him that i would not be staying in this room.
The receptionist then told us to go back to the room, wait there until 11am where he will see what rooms might be available, if any.
I was so upset but i did what he said and we went back to our room and got what sleep we could.
At 9am we got a rather rude phone call to say that our rep was down in reception waiting for us to sort out our room and where are we?This came as quite a shock. However, we went to meet him and he spent a good hour talking about excursions and what he suggests we do, he then put it in a timetable and told us what day we were doing what. I had told the rep that i was not going to be booking anything through him at the moment as i would like to sort my room out first and then chat with my boyfriend about what we wanted to do, he got angry and slammed his books into his bag and told me that our new room had already been arranged at 11 and we should go now.
I found his behavior appalling and would suggest that people don't meet your reps as they only try to flog you things that are way cheaper on the beach anyway.
We found an excellent day trip called the Mega Diana, went on that a couple of times £25 all inclusive boat trip (alcohol and soft drinks too) i highly recommend it.

Food: The food in the dining room was repetitive, boring, and covered in fly's. We found ourselves mainly eating omelette/eggs/pancakes that the chef outside makes right in front of you (At least they're fresh and haven't had a million fly's on them) or at a bar called sisters round the corner £25 for naan starters, steaks with sides and a dessert is pretty good to me :)

Pool: The pool was nice, it was kept clean and is not too deep. The only problem was the lack of sunbeds and the trees surrounding the pool - that kept a lot of the pool in the shade. Me and my boyfriend just went to the beach instead, just go to Sisters and all you have to do is buy a drink and you can lounge there all day and have the sun on you 24/7.

Rooms: The room we were finally given was a nicer room with a partial sea view, i think to get the full view you would have to stay on floor 5. The maids kept the room extremely clean. Me and my boyfriend almost couldn't believe the room they first tried to flog us off with compared to this one. You get a shower, mini toiletries, hairdryer and fresh towels and bed linen, you also have a tv and a balcony.

Staff: Most of the staff seemed fairly polite, there were a few who were not however. There was a gentleman on reception who was probably the most grumpiest man i have ever met to work in a hotel, even the smallest thing we asked for was met with a frown and a grumble...we tried to avoid him. Then there was a gentleman called Lou who was one of the most kindest - he helped with our room issue and seemed to want to know how the new room was. The other lovely member of staff was the gentleman in the shop - i didn't catch his name but he is lovely and always very happy.

Entertainment: Pretty much zero, there's a few street dancers who come in, there was a belly dancing group one night but they come around after for tips, the bar shuts at 11pm and the lights around it go out - definitely not an entertainment hotel.

All in all i gave it a 3 stars. As a hotel it needs to do a few things to better itself. We mostly went out away from the hotel and did trips etc.. but it served as a base, next time ill look at another hotel i think.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool are the best by far.