“NEVER AGAIN WILL I RETURN TO THIS HOTEL!”

Sun Maris Park Hotel
Ranked #207 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed 29 December 2012

Went to turkey in june with a friend only to be moved to the sun maris after other hotel went bankrupt. The travel people recommended that this hotel was a 4 star. NO CHANCE it was a hotel from hell.In my opinion it was a 1 star hotel as i have been to ALOT of holiday places but never been to one like this.Let me start with the hotel shop keeper. AFTER arriving confused with the other hotel being closed me and a friend went to get a drink only to be approached by jimmy the hotel shop keeper.Within 5 seconds he insulted me and my friend and was very fowl in which i DARE to speak of??? Second i noticed the food was covered in clingfilm??? Fly,s on cakes etc??? Yes me and half of the hotel took ill. Vomiting and so on so we went and paid for treatment. After we decided it was more better for us all to eat out?? Thirdly you have to move from the hotel pool by 5 45pm no hanging around to cool down or to enjoy the sun in which you mainly go for?? I argued none stop to the manager about this and got no where.I could go on but there wouldnt be enough space.Please take notice of all the terrible reveiws especially mine as you will pay for a holiday and a hotel from hell.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank patterson806

Reviewed 11 November 2012

Sun Maris Park Hotel was bad one in my holiday trip.

All wall old and room was terrible and dumpy smell at room war-drop was broken peaces .

Before choose the hotel at the pictures was great near the by see but not far and all pictures was fake .

Staff was really good and friendly but hotel system management was really bad food was not great and was not much .

Sun Maris Group hotel Manager been speak with us to change hotel than moved to Sun Maris Beach Hotel was great place front to see and forest around exotic me and my wife liked very much. Staff as well was really good and friendly but hotel system management was really bad food was not great and was not much .

At room were two single bed than had to sleep with my wife two single bed after 7 years together first time Reception said not enough double bed only there were 6 double bed they were fully booked.

And was end off the season last two days no body clean pool and food was really turn to bad and other customer start to move to Sun Maris Park Hotel we were likely left hotel back to home was last day for us.

Room Tip: Make sure read to customer reviews before choose Hotel and do not get hotel and off the season .
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kenan K
Reviewed 14 October 2012

There have been numerous reviews of this hotel, many giving a less than average score.

The fact is that that this is a budget hotel. We stayed here because it had availability at short notice and could provide my party of 3 adults with two separate rooms (rather than trying to accommodate 2 ladies and a gent in a family room - that was never going to work!).

The accommodation is clean and spacious. The furniture could do with updating but the beds are comfortable and linen services up to the mark. Staff are friendly and helpful.

The hotel caters for an international clientele. There were many Russian and Georgian guests when we were there, along with Danish, Dutch and Germans. Some may not appreciate this mix; for me it's a bonus - I don't go on holiday to be surrounded by the same nationality of folks I see and hear at home.

The hotel is small. Out of season (we were there in the first two weeks of October ... and it was hot (29-36 every day)) this is fine but I can imagine that in the high season things may get a bit crowded around the pool.

The exterior bar and outside eating area are well maintained and you can often enjoy a drink without having music pumping out at high volume - thank goodness!

The food is a little same-y but fine; we always found more than enough well cooked and presented food to eat. Chicken, of one sort or another, and chips do feature rather highly but no-one insists that you eat them. And I didn't. There were plenty of salad items available. I managed to work my way through the entire salad offering over the course of 15 days. In fact I was amazed at what food and drink was available, considering that (after deducting flight charges) we were getting three meals a day, a room to stay in and unrestricted drinks for just £20.16 a day, per person.

So - a budget hotel but none-the-worse for that. And if you prefer small over big then this could well be the hotel for you. We enjoyed our stay, the staff, the multi-cultural guests and the weather (always nice to be in the sun when you hear reports of a chill in the air and rain at home).

A word of warning for those thinking of taking to the hills in the Marmaris National Park. I have walked here before and decided to do so again. Getting to the top of the hill is always tough, with many briars to contend with and bar the way. What I wasn’t expecting was large wild-life. I came face-to-face with a boar. He was startled; I curtailed my walk, descended a rock face and made it to the bottom of the hill in double quick time! I decided to look up the fauna on the internet. There are bears and lynx in the National Park, as well as boar. If I’d known this I wouldn’t have walked up through the forest at all. Walkers - You have been warned!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank JJSWWales_UK
Reviewed 22 September 2012 via mobile

Stayed here after moving from the Sun Maris beach hotel - brilliant, friendly polite staff, clean hotel, good food although lots of chicken!!! Would definitely stay again even if it's only for the family to torment Jimmy the shop keeper lol.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 25 August 2012

Just returned from a 1-week holiday at the Sun Maris Park Hotel. Had originally booked another hotel but after horrendous reviews on Trip Advisor we swapped to Sun Maris 2 weeks before our departure date, so were a bit worried. No need though - the hotel was really nice, 2 mins from the beach. The food was not bad at all - although it helps if you like eggs at breakfast time! We did eat out a few nights as eating out was so cheap, but the food was fine at the hotel. The cakes mid-afternoon left a lot to be desired though - the chocolate cake was very dry. The only thing we could complain about really was the plastic cups that you were given your drinks in - would have preferred glasses. Also no cider so my partner had to switch to vodka for the week (which is made 50/50 so we had to start getting an extra diet coke to water it down!) Must mention Jimmy the shopowner and Ozzy the Photographer, who both introduced themselves to us on our first night and were extremely friendly - we had some fantastic photos taken by Ozzy as a lovely memento of our holiday. If you fancy a full English you must visit Sweet Corner - on the main road about 5 mins from hotel - turn right at the Police Station. Not many English at the hotel - there were only 3 families during our week-long stay - but the big plus-point was you didn't have to get up early to reserve a sun-bed - the first time I have never had to do this - hence a very relaxed hassle-free holiday. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Tracey D
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Just returned from 10 days at the sun Maris park. Ok so definetly not 4 star probably 2 at best. We stayed in a family room which was big enough for us and had fab views of sea and pool. Room was clean but needs updating and more wardrobe space. The staff were very friendly and helpful and always made an effort to smile and say hello and if you had any problems they tried to sort it out ASAP ok they didn't speak perfect English but they did try. The food was pretty poor lots of variety of salads but very limited hot dishes which consisted of one type of potatoes and two meat dishes or fish. Breakfast was eggs and melon and lunch was pretty much same as dinner no aircon in dining room so very hot .They didn't cater for kids and no snacks during the day unlike most other all inclusives we've been to. The drinks are in small plastic cups day and night and only allowed 2 drinks at a time. Only us and one other English family there all other quests Russian although they were friendly enough. The pool area was clean and plenty of sun beds and no need to get up early to put your towels out so that was a bonus. Had to be out of pool and off sunbeds at 6pm on the dot staff very strict on this which was a bit of a pain cos it was so hot during day that at six it was pleasant to sit out. Luckily it's cheap to eat out so ate out at hotel amore for breakfast where u can have full English for 3 lira which is about a pound and the guy jimmy fix it makes it a nice place to eat. Restaurants along beach also nice and people very friendly although be prepared to be harassed to eat in their restaurants. Have to mention jimmy who works in the hotel shop and ozzy the photo guy both absolutely top guys and definetly worth chatting too. All in all we got what we paid for but would not visit hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Blackie74
Reviewed 31 July 2012

1. Rooms are Small , but clean, Hot water is always there.
2. The hotel is Small the pool is small.
3. The workers there speaks very poor English you will have a hard time.
4. They have a bar down stares, the drinks are way from good, (cheap Vodka), TV.
5. they have domino's, McDonald's, but they have higher prices.
6. The safari trip, para sailing, and the Turkish bath( i cant remember the place i went to but it was amazing don't go to any Turkish bath they tell you to go to) and the boat trip are totally worth it.
7. rent a bicycle it is better than a taxi, go around the city you wont regret it . there are some amazing places they don't tell you about.
8. food was good in sunmaris park.
9. the pool is small but good for an afternoon dip.
10. ask for Balldy or Cash you will find these two guys on the beach, they will hook you up with the best sea activities.
11. exchange your money to Turkish lira its better and more accurate when it comes to everything you pay for there.
12. there are three or four hotels in the same area see them before you decide to stay in Sunmaris park.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends